Dr. Brent Stewart, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Advanced Pain Medical Center 194 NW 137th Dr Unit 100 Jonesville, FL 32669 Get Directions
Dr. Brent Stewart, MD
Dr. Stewart received his medical doctorate from the University of Arkansas in 2002. He completed his anesthesiology residency at the University of South Florida in Tampa in 2006. While in group practice, he earned his MBA from the University of Florida Warrington College of Business in 2009. (In an effort to alleviate pre-operative stress, he wrote and published "Need Surgery? Now What? A Patient's Guide to Anesthesia".) Dr. Stewart then completed a fellowship in pain medicine at the University of South Florida and took the next step in a lifelong dream… "People ask me why I founded Advanced Pain Medical Center. Every day, we see people who are overwhelmed. That touches me — but it also drives me to find more-personalized therapies. More customized alternatives. I fight fear with 'focus'. If I can also offer less pain and more function, I give patients back the best of their lives."

Dr. Stewart's Care Philosophy

We target the source, not the symptom. We could easily make patients "feel better" by simply medicating symptoms. However, that response is temporary, short-sighted and — in most cases — does little to alleviate the real problem. It's much more challenging to do a painstaking analysis, then isolate and treat the reason you are hurting. But we treat that as a moral imperative. It's the difference between what we do… and a "pill mill". Specific therapies yield specific results. Our goal is "less pain, more function". To get there, we look for well-matched medications and therapies – and ideally, fewer of them. The alternative? A loosely-aimed shotgun approach, hoping "something" might work. Frankly, that's sloppy medicine. Tightly-focused treatment produces more-predictable results. At much less risk.

Dr. Stewart's Experience

See how Dr. Stewart's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stewart

Dr. Stewart accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Stewart is now accepting new patients

Dr. Stewart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stewart to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Stewart's Performance
in Trenton, FL |
Having a lot of experience in the health care industry, as both a professional and patient, believe me when I say not only would I recommend Dr. Stewart but his staff as well, especially his PA Lindsey. Finding the right pain management in FL has proved to be difficult for a chronic pain patient. This is the first place I have not been judged and they are exceptionally competent in the pain management field, as well as empathetic.
Dr. Stewart takes the time to find not only the source of the pain but also the most effective type of treatment for the affected area(s). As a Parkinson's Disease patient, I have suffered over the years with pain from my dystonia and dyskinesia and no doctor was able to find me any relief. Two visits with Dr. Stewart addressed all my pain issues and had complete relief and muscular mobility improvement by the third visit. Excellent doctor!
St Louis, MO |
Doctor - great. PA - great. Woman answering the phone at the office - b**ch from hell. It's a trade off. If you can tolerate being talked down to by a nasty receptionist then this is the place to go for decent care.
in Hawthorne, FL |
Dr. Stewart is the best! He listens, he explains (really explains!), and he works with the patient to give them the best possible outcome! We absolutely love him! And, his staff is great. When you find a physician this good, you want to tell everyone. He came highly recommended to us and he has not disappointed.
in FL |
I've been living with multiple spinal disorders and severe pain for years. I've had multiple surgeries and have seen more than my share of PM specialists. I also have a background in emergency medicine in a hospital trauma center. Dr. Stewart is the go-to guy if you need rational and broad-based care for pain with a healthy dose of compassion from his staff, in particular his PA Lindsay. He altered and tailored my pain meds that I had been in for years resulting in better pain management.
Chiefland, FL |
The office is all about making money w/ little regard for the patient's needs. First off, I was given a cancellation policy form to sign: fee of $50. I wrote that I have Crohn's Disease and it's impossible to give 24 hr notice. He didn't care -- that's the policy and he was sticking to it. Secondly, I wasn't informed of my co-pay until after the visit; $80 for a consult. Lastly, he recommended medical marijuana at $350/mo; the marijuana is $200 and he charges $150. No wonder he pushes it!
Thank you for your comment; we are sorry you feel this way. Our cancellation fee, which is posted and also included in the new patient paperwork, is enforced to ensure that as many patients can be seen without delay (patients who cancel with little notice are being discourteous to other patients who are waiting on an available slot). Regarding medical marijuana, it is an excellent therapy, and we believe the pricing is at a good value and competitive price, given the uncertain legalities.
in gainesville |
This doctor is a joke I have been talking fential 50 mg patches and oxy. Codeine 30 mg and he tried giving 15 mg ms cotian charged me 400 dollars for the visit he doesn't care if you are pain he will not answer my calls don't go there
In our practice, Dr. Stewart emphasizes the need for pain to be managed with multiple therapies and not just opiates. Furthermore, long-acting pain needs to be PRIMARILY managed with long-acting pain medications. The pain relief to the body is better, but the brain doesn't like it as well. Dr. Stewart will rotate to a more physiologic therapy (there will be NO withdrawals) in these patients. This makes more sense pharmacologically. Dr. Stewart DOES care; he is trying to do the best for you.
High Springs, FL |
They charge you for skipped appointmentso even when unavoidable.
We have a number of patients who are awaiting appointments to join our clinic. When some patients miss appointments, those other patients have to wait even longer. No one wants to be that "other patient" who has to wait, so we enforce this policy. If we made exceptions, then everyone would say that it was "unavoidable". This is untenable. Therefore, we simply ask patients to give 24 hours' notice prior to an office visit cancellation or 48 hours' notice for a procedure cancellation.
in Dunnellon fl |
Wonderful dr. Exactly what any pain management patient needs. Highly recommend this dr to anyone that needs relief for pain.
in Newberry, FL |
Dr Stewart has helped me tremendously with both my back pain and my knee pain. He is very attentive and extremely knowledgeable.
in Winter Park, FL |
My 82 year old mom was referred to him after 2 failed back surgeries. She received an injection on her 1st visit and walked out pain-free. I've now been a patient for 3 years and I had seen several other doctors over a 2 year period w/little or no relief. I am amazed at how pain free I am now. He is as smart as a whip and is at the top of his game. His staff is very caring AND happy. (That's rare) I drive from Winter Park to see them every month and it's worth every minute of my time. ?
in Branford, FL |
Best PM Doctor/Practice you will find. Extremely knowledgeable in all aspects. Fantastic staff from the front desk to the PA's/Nurses. You won't find better - believe me I've tried them all. Changed my life.
in Gainesville, FL |
Dr. Stewart is knowledgeable and thorough in his care management. He seems to genuinely want to improve the quality of life for his patients. Although the modality chosen at time of visit was very painful, he made every effort to see to my comfort and to make sure I was okay throughout the process. I have already referred my mom to Dr.Stewart.
in Trenton, fl |
Had a great first visit, Dr. Stewart is the first dr. To give me relief to my knees, Thank you Dr Stewart!!!!
in Gainesville, FL |
Dr. Stewart is professional in every Degree. Dr. Stewart provided me with information about my conditions that no prior physicians have. Dr. Stewart took the time to listen to me explaining my situation and afflictions. Dr. Stewart prescribed medications that have helped in a minimum capacity, and therefore, my follow up visit will hold discussion regarding modifying my medication regiment. Thank you Dr. Stewart and Staff, you're all kind and very professional.
in Gainesville, FL |
Dr Stewart took time to understand my issues and my goals. He developed a program which surpassed my expectations. He is smart, caring, and extraordinary competent. If you seek relief from pain, he is the doctor you need to visit. His entire staff works with me to help me each time I call or visit. I am able to work in a highly cognitive field because they found a solution. Forever grateful and loyal to these professionals.
in Newberry |
I moved here almost 2 years ago and knew I needed to find a pain management Dr. In this area. I was really pleased to find out there was one right down the street from me. I called and they got me in right away. Dr.Stewart and his staff are wonderful, Maybe one has to wait a little bit when there for an appointment, but that tells me they care about their patients, and spend the necessary time with each one of them. They are a great bunch of people there and I'm so glad I found them.
in Newberry, FL |
Dr. Stewart and his staff are compassionate, friendly and professional. Being a new resident of Newberry, I was in need of a pain management doctor and Dr. Stewart took me on as a new patient immediately. The entire facility is clean, brightly lit and nicely decorated. Appointments are easy to schedule and the level of care is exceptional. I especially liked the way my shoulder injury and my options were so fully explained to me. I highly recommend Dr. Stewart & staff for pain management.
in Gainesville, FL |
I have been experiencing pain in my ribs and thorasic area and have been depending primarily on pain meds for a year. Dr Stewart told me about a highly successful procedure that he could do, but at the time, a year ago, I was not eligible, due to being on Plavix, and my cardiologist would not clear me to stop taking it to have the procedure until after one year. I now am eligible and will proceed. Dr Stewart and staff have been taking great care of me during this transition.
in Gainesville, FL |
It was the most horrible experience I have ever had with a doctor. Information on my records was falsified, not to mention, they only took that information in to effect three entire months later. I was prescribed medicine I am allergic to and advised just not take it by a woman that gave me the worst attitude I've ever endured. I was going through a trauma which involved my wife getting shot, and days later is when they chose to make all those ridiculous decisions. DONT GO HERE, you'll regret it
in Gainesville, FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Stewart. He is an excellent physician. The staff are very friendly. The whole experience is very positive.
in Trenton, FL |
My visits with Dr. Stewart and his staff have all been very positive. I met Dr. Stewart at my first visit and was very pleased with him and his suggestions for my care. Later I met his physicians assistant Lyndsey who is very pleasant, professional and great to work with. The front end staff has been pleasant even when at my first visit they had no internet and my last visit they were slammed with patients but worked very professionally & diligently to make sure we were all taken care of.
in old town fla |
ive only had one visit with dr stewart but I have to say he took the time to explain my condition in detail to me, prescribing medication to suit my condition explaining it may have to be adjusted on next visit, he was extremely nice and very comfortable to be around, I went right home and researched my condition and the medication, I am so glad for dr stewart for helping me with my pain and finally giving it a name!!
in Gainesville, FL |
I had two successful epidural injections in the spine, however, when I returned for an office visit I was completely ignored by the office staff and, even though i had arrived early, was told we'll try and squeeze you in as you arrived late ! I waited for an hour as later arrivals got in before I did. After I finally left (without being seen by the Doctor) I composed a letter of complaint and mailed it to Dr. Stewart but I never got a reply or an apology. I have yet to return and may not.
Have you seen Dr. Brent Stewart, MD?

Compare Dr. Stewart

Dr. Stewart's Care Philosophy

We target the source, not the symptom.

We could easily make patients "feel better" by simply medicating symptoms.  However, that response is temporary, short-sighted and — in most cases — does little to alleviate the real problem.

It's much more challenging to do a painstaking analysis, then isolate and treat the reason you are hurting.  But we treat that as a moral imperative.  It's the difference between what we do… and a "pill mill".

Specific therapies yield specific results.

Our goal is "less pain, more function".   To get there, we look for well-matched medications and therapies – and ideally, fewer of them.

The alternative?  A loosely-aimed shotgun approach, hoping "something" might work.  Frankly, that's sloppy medicine.  Tightly-focused treatment produces more-predictable results.  At much less risk.

Dr. Stewart says...

We are an interventional pain medicine clinic.  Dr. Stewart is double board-certified in both anesthesiology and pain medicine.  We treat a wide variety of pain complaints, combining interventional and medical therapies.  We also offer advanced therapies, such as stem cell / PRP injections, spinal cord stimulation, and vertebral augmentation (kyphoplasty / vertebroplasty).

Additionally, Dr. Stewart is authorized by the State to order medical cannabis / marijuana.

Our practice began in the summer of 2014, and we have seen wonderful growth during that time.  We have enjoyed developing partnerships with our patients, helping them to manage their pain.  We strive for less pain and more function.  We DO NOT subscribe to a high-dose opiate / narcotic approach, however.

Dr. Stewart says...

We have an on-site fluoroscope (C-arm) that Dr. Stewart uses to guide the delivery of medications via injection.  All procedures are performed in-house.  For the few procedures that require it, we also offer IV sedation.  Oral sedation is ordered for those patients who are apprehensive, as well.

Dr. Stewart's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Stewart has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stewart's Board Certifications

Graduated in 1997

• Other Education
    University Of Florida Warrington College Of Business-Mba

Completed in 2009

Dr. Stewart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stewart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine