Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Brent Ponce, MD
Dr. Brent Ponce, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Ponce is affiliated with UAB Hospital - Highlands.

1313 13th St S

Birmingham, AL 35205

Learn about Dr. Ponce

Dr. Ponce's Experience

Dr. Ponce's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Ponce does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spinal Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Vanderbilt Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1996

Dr. Ponce has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ponce has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ponce does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ponce and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ponce's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ponce to family and friends
Dr. Ponce's Performance
Great job Dr Ponce Thank You
in Leeds, AL |
I saw Dr. Ponce for a second opinion almost 6 months after a fractured femur. After reading the reviews I think I must have been in the wrong office. I did not feel that he cared at all about me. After he viewed my x-rays and found that the screw holding the rod in my leg was broken, he said it shouldn't be a problem. I went to him because for me pain is a problem. He rushed out the door saying I needed to walk more without asking what I have been doing . It was the worst doctor visit ever.
in Parrish al 35580 |
Dr. Ponce is a great doctor whom cares for you he listens took the time and explain everything before and after surgery. he fixed my arm where another doctor perform on it and did not do it right. I would recommend him to anyone whom needs surgery . I post this two weeks after surgery I feeling less pain now than I felt after all my surgeries I had 5 different on my body . Thank you Dr Ponce you are my hero . W Evans Parrish Al
in Brookhaven, MS |
Dr. Ponce was absolutely wonderful! I found him thorough and friendly. He was very attentive to my needs. As an older patient, he exhausted every possibility before considering surgery. My travel from Brookhaven, MS, to see him was well worth the trips and investment. I would recommend him to anyone desiring compassion.
in Pelham, AL |
He is an excellent physician that is very professional, thorough, and caring. There was minimal pain from surgery. Highly recommend.
in Birmingham, AL |
Not to be redundant, in reading some of the other reviews, but Dr. Ponce stepped right in to correct another doctor's messup of my shoulder surgery. He did so without hesitation but with professionalism, clarity, and compassion. The results are far, far better than I expected. See Dr. Brent Ponce the first time you have a shoulder problem, even though he has proven to be quite a rare fix the other surgeon's errors specialist.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Brent Poncw' is one of the nicest I have ever met. Kind sweet disposition and very helpfur. He invited me to see my before and after xrays. Then he took time to explain to me what I was seeing on my xrays! WoW! And then hugged me. He was glad and excited about being able to relieve my pain and give me a better quality of life. And I thank him for that. Very grateful! He's one of the good ones! ?? ??
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Ponce repaired a torn rotator cuff
in Pinckard, AL |
Dr. Ponce seems to be highly trained & experienced in his field. He has excellent Dr./patient skills which inspires trust & confidence. He speaks to his patient (me), and not at them, using terms & language that I can understand/relate to, not medical speak. He's a wonderful Dr. And person.
in Tuscaloosa, AL |
I broke my shoulder in 4 places skiing in Utah, flew back to Alabama, and saw Dr. Ponce immediately. He scheduled my surgery the same day I saw him. He put in 9 screws and 2 plates to repair my shoulder. He saved it. Can't thank him enough for what he was able to do. It was a devastating injury, rehab was difficult, but I'm back to playing with the kids, crossfit, and playing golf. Dr. Ponce and his staff are top notch.
in Hoover, AL |
I originally went to Dr. Ponce on the recommendation of my older brother who explained that Dr. Ponce was conservative in his approach to treatment. I have been seen by Dr. Ponce for almost 2 1/2 years now and have had nothing but a good experience. The process to be seen at UAB Highlands is extremely measured and all the staff I have encountered have been great. From x-rays to an MRI and knee injections and now to surgery I feel that I am in excellent hands with Dr. Ponce and his staff.
in Bessemer, AL |
I am a 56 year old man, 5 months post-op from repair of my shoulder (torn labrum, torn rotator cuff, mumford procedure). I was originally misdiagnosed by Dr. Casey 3 years ago at Andrews Sports Medicine, which made this even worse. This was a very painful surgery, with a long recovery, but Dr. Ponce has been very professional and accurate in his predictions throughout. I am very pleased with my recovery so far, and will definitely use him again if I have my other shoulder operated on.
in Tuscaloosa |
Dr Ponce is the type of Doctor that all patients deserve , I immediately felt his concerns and want to get to the bottom of my complaint. I feel that I'm in the best of hands for my ortho needs because Dr winfed Fisher 3rd would have only sent me to the best.
Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Ponce is wonderful. Careful to explain procedure, risks, concerns and takes to time listen and answer any questions. Couldn't be more pleased with the surgery and care received.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Ponce was the 3rd orthopedic surgeon I saw since a botched surgery 6 months prior. He's the only one with the knowledge and training that I felt comfortable with to fix my problem. Within weeks, I felt better than I had in months. He explains things thoroughly and treats you with dignity and respect. As a former healthcare provider myself (dentist) and as a patient, I highly recommend Dr. Ponce!
in Gadsden, AL |
Dr. Ponce is really great, he is a great surgeon and doctor. He makes sure his patient is well taken care of. He makes sure you understand what to expect when you have surgery and what expect after surgery. He gives great after care to his patients as well.
in Troy, Al |
Dr. Brent Pounce was recommended by another doctor to fix what another doctor messed up. He rebuilt my left shoulder on March 5,2015. He did a awesome job and I went for my checkups. On my one year anniversary we told him that my right shoulder had been hurting. He x-ray ed my shoulder and ordered a CT scan w/dye. The testing showed severe arthritis and I needed another replacement. I trusted Dr.Pounce so much that I traveled 140 one way so he could do the surgery. He's a totally awesome doctor
Birmingham, AL |
I had to have emergency hip surgery. Dr. Ponce was very attentive, answered all questions from me and my family and did an excellent job on the surgery. His follow up care has been superb. He takes time with the patient and makes valuable recommendations to enhance the healing process. He is a caring and compassionate physician and I would highly recommend his services.
Hueytown |
Wonderful Dr. It usually takes me a few visits before I am comfortable with a doctor. But my first visit with Dr. Ponce I was 100% comfortable.
in Huntsville, AL |
I meet Dr Ponce in 2013, from the first meeting, I was very impress with him, and didn't think twice about him performing my shoulder surgery. I would recommend him to anyone in my family in the future and to any of my friends. He has a great personality, and easy loving side that makes him feel like family.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Ponce is caring and competent and I would not hesitate to go to him again for any orthopedic need that I might have in the future.
in Sterrett, AL |
Dr Ponce was amazing. He was very knowledgeable and very up front and honest about every aspect of my condition and the procedure that I would need done. He and his staff were always available to answer any questions that I had.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr.Ponce is a outstanding doctor great bed side manner and really care about his patients I rate him a 100. He will take care of you he and his staff is always their to help you GREAT DOCTOR I wish he was my doctor for all my needs
Have you seen Dr. Brent Ponce, MD?
Are you Dr. Ponce?