Dr. Brent Patterson, MD

Cardiology | Male

HeartPlace 1675 Republic Pkwy Ste 100 Mesquite, TX 75150 Get Directions
Dr. Brent Patterson, MD
I was born in Ft. Worth and grew up in Arlington. I went to college in Georgetown, Texas at Southwestern University and then came back to Dallas to attend Southwestern Medical School. I went to Portland, Oregon for internal medicine residency at Legacy Health System. After completion of my internal medicine training, I worked for a year as a hospitalist in McMinnville, Oregon. That is where the Spruce Goose currently resides, and I drove past it every day on my way to work. Then I came back to Dallas to pursue my passion, Cardiology. I did my Cardiology training a Baylor University Medical Center and then took a job with HeartPlace in 2009. This is an exciting time in cardiovascular medicine. There are many diagnostic and therapeutic tools at my disposal. My particular expertise involves all aspects of cardiovascular medicine. I am qualified to read EKGs, echocardiograms, exercise stress tests, stress echocardiography, nuclear stress tests, and carotid ultrasounds, and testing to diagnose peripheral arterial disease in the legs. I personally perform transespoheagal echocardiography and diagnostic cardiac catheterizations. I also come from a new generation of cardiologist who understands that more is not always better and that sometimes adding another medication is not the best treatment option. My obligation to you as a patient is to provide quality care and that starts with listening to your concerns and particular goals so I can provide advice and treatment options that fit with your lifestyle. I'm open, honest, and to the point.

Dr. Patterson's Experience

See how Dr. Patterson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Patterson

Dr. Patterson accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Patterson is now accepting new patients
HeartPlace Mesquite1675 Republic Pkwy Ste 100
Mesquite, TX 75150
(972) 620-9111Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Patterson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Patterson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patterson to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Patterson's Performance
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Patterson really disappointed, shamed, traumatized, and hurt me dearly! All behind his love, and extreme affection for administering drugs! Sick of drugs coming before humanity, and love for patient's health seems to not exist, and of non-importance! What a Sad Commentary, and Statement of Facts to Declare!
in Wylie, TX |
Dr. Patterson takes time to answer all your questions in language you can understand. He explains in detail your test results and your options.
in Plano, TX |
Explained my heart condition in very easy to understand descriptions, even drew pictures on how my heart was working. Very pleasant and complete doctor.
in Garland, TX |
Dr Patterson is very personable and takes the time to answer your questions. He also stays up on current technology and trends. In my case he searched for an alternative to Staten drugs to lower my cholesterol. And most importantly he saved my life.
in Forney Texas |
Dr Patterson spends quality time with you. And he explains what's happening with your heart. Any tests you have he throughly explains.
Have you seen Dr. Brent Patterson, MD?
Are you Dr. Patterson?

Compare Dr. Patterson

Dr. Patterson says...

Dr. Patterson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine

Dr. Patterson has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Patterson's Board Certifications

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

Baylor University Medical Center

Completed in 2009

Southwestern

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Patterson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patterson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology
  • Adult Cardiology
  • Clinical Cardiology

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization