Dr. Brent Kimball, MD

Dr. Brent Kimball, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Neurosurgery

Dr. Brent Kimball, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Greenwood Village, CO and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons|Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians and Surgeons|Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons in 2007. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Swedish Medical Center and Sky Ridge Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

CarePoint Neurosurgery and Spine

CarePoint Neurosurgery and Spine5351 South Roslyn St Ste 101 Greenwood Village, CO 80111

CarePoint Neurosurgery

CarePoint Neurosurgery10099 Ridgegate Pkwy Ste 480 Lone Tree, CO 80124

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Kimball is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center Englewood, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Swedish Medical Center

Dr. Kimball's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kimball

4.1

Dr Brent Kimball
Dr Kimball is a great neurosurgeon. He did my neck surgery ACDF C4-C7. Years later I'm still happy with Dr Kimball, the procedure and everything in between. Sometimes he might be running behind, but if he is, be patient - he's answering questions in detail from someone that needs it or has come back from an emergency surgery (that could be you). I'd use him again if I needed a Neuro surgery.
Debbie – Oct 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
Wonderful. In such good hands w Dr.Kimball!
Dr.Kimball took time to listen, to explain and let me know what to expect every step of the way. He answered every question and did exactly what he said he would do. My pain is gone!!
Aug 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
Great outcome from disc replacement surgery
I injured my back at work as an Air Force firefighter. I could barely walk and was in constant pain. After the tests we decided that a disc replacement would be a good fit for me. I am just over a month from getting my surgery done and I already feel less pain and have my mobility coming back. Every person there did a great job helping me and getting me to where I need to be for a full recovery and get back to firefighting.
Jul 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
Definitely Recommend Dr.Kimball and his Staff!
DR. Kimball, Sean McGee, Jadon Redington and all the staff on the phone and at the front desk are wonderful to work with. Thank You all in this 8 month adventure lol.
M Pastor – Jul 05, 2022
Great outcome
People there know what they’re doing. Made me feel comfortable going into the procedure
Jun 25, 2022
Discectomy
I had a herniated disk and Dr. Kimball performed a discectomy . I walked out of the hospital in a lot less pain than before surgery.
Nolan – Jun 23, 2022
Spinal fusion surgery
Dr. Kimball and staff are professional, knowledgeable, timely, realistic, friendly and complete. I recommend him to anybody needing Neurosurgery!!!
Keith Winkel – Jun 09, 2022
Successful spine surgery
Following surgery all of my back pain has abated. Couldn’t be happier!
Jun 02, 2022
Excellent. No more pain
Dr Kimball told me I’d probably have to have a laminectomy. I tried several shots over several months and got minimal relief . Had the laminectomy and was pain free two days after the surgery
Jerry Schade – May 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
Dr. Kimball is hands down the best!
My herniated L4-5 came on suddenly and was extremely painful. I could not even stand up in the shower - had to kneel down and was pulling myself around in a wheelchair. I was able to get an appointment with Dr. Kimball’s PA (Sean McGee who is also terrific) before Dr. Kimball had availability. When Sean saw my condition and MRI, he and Dr. Kimball had me admitted to the hospital the next day and Dr. Kimball operated on me the following morning. I am now 3 mos post-op; am almost pain free and was released by Dr. Kimball today. Can’t say enough good about Dr. Kimball, Sean McGee, their staff and Sky Ridge Hospital!
Marvin Harmatz – May 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
Get a second or third opinion
Initially, I had a spine fusion surgery with a different surgical group. I consulted Dr. Kimball for a second opinion to assess a recommended minimally invasive laminectomy. After new CT, MRI and X-ray scans were done, I discovered that Dr. Kimball was recommending an additional surgery that I did not need after a third opinion confirmed that my spine fusion was fully fused. Dr. Kimball had identified haloing around my hardware and pseudoarthrosis on the most updated scans. The radiologist report and the third opinion surgery disagreed with Dr. Kimball's assessment. No spine revision surgery needed. Only a laminectomy to open up the necessary space for left leg nerve pain. The lesson is to do your own research so you know as much as possible about your health condition and get 2 or 3 opinions if something doesn't seem right. There is a much longer story here, but these are the most important facts related to my consult with Dr. Kimball.
C Montgomery – Apr 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
We took our daughter to Skyridge ER due to lower back pain and numbness in her legs. We were shocked to find out she had a tumor in her spine! We were incredibly nervous since it was around so many different nerves especially since this all happened so quickly and was totally unexpected. Every nurse we encountered on the 4th floor spoke very highly of Dr. Kimball and assured us he was one of the best. We were so grateful to be in such good hands and that the surgery was successful. She is recovering very nicely and is not expected to have any further issues. Thank you Dr. Kimball for taking care of our daughter.
Jan 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
Dr. Kimball was always running late, devoted only a few minutes to evaluating me for a major neck surgery, and did not even have time to answer my questions (saying "I have to see another patient" at one point). My neck ended up only getting worse (probably due to his pathetic lack of evaluation or lack of time/effort spent on anything else related to my medical issues) and I had to see another surgeon (Dr. Lloyd Mobley) who was fortunately able to (finally) fix things. Dr. Kimball should not even have a license to practice medicine.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Apr 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
"The first visit was good but here is why I would never have Dr. Kimball ever do another surgery AGAIN. 1st surgery the implant was installed wrong! YES WRONG. Post-op & again 6 weeks later I said it was not working correctly. I had a x-ray which showed it was not right but the same as the surgery picture. So he said it moved, right blame anyone but be a MAN and say I screwed up, no it never moved was the same. Kimball did the 2nd surgery to implant the device correctly 4 months later.... yes 4 months later, placed it right but sent me home with a medication script that couldn’t be filled for 15 days, yes 15 count them 15 days after surgery. WTH he seems to not care about his practice or his patients. He doesn’t do any post-op care his PA Sean McGree does all the exams. Sean never does his job that he tells you he will do and it seems that these two so call medical care people never talk. Sean puts down notes but if there is a problem that he seams not to tell Kimball or the Kimball pl
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
I have had a variety concerns with both Dr. Kimball and his office from day one of my CarePoint experience. On the first appointment alone, I waited one hour to get into the waiting room and then another hour to finally see Dr. Kimball for 30 minutes. Moving forward he completely missed one phone appointment with me and then called me 6 hours late for another. On my last phone call, I asked him if we could get the surgery scheduled earlier and he said he would ask Christy and that she would let me know. That was over 2 weeks ago. I received no call. On that same call, he tried to describe my pain issues but was mostly wrong with his assessment. At this point I lost total confidence in him for this procedure. He recommended a 3-level fusion and said, "I'm not going to lie to you, this is going to be a very difficult surgery." Again, my confidence level in this man, was nil. I decided to get a second opinion. They recommended a Laminectomy and have already perfomed the surgery.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
William – Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
The insurance/billing staff stuck me with a $19K out-of-pocket bill for a piece of equipment that #1. failed within 2 months of purchase #2. I was not informed that it would cost me out of pocket and I was not given the opportunity to decline. Said equipment would have been declined if I had known that it was going to be OUT OF POCKET and not covered by my insurance. I believe that I am a victim of "secret pricing" that often happen to those of us who are too trusting
KR – May 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
What an amazing experience to actually find someone that truly cares and is willing to spend the time with you to explain all of the various options. Dr. Kimball holds the bar high, not only for himself but, for his entire team. I also appreciate the fact that Dr. Kimball is always on the cutting edge of technology and procedures!
Apr 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
He takes the time to listen to you about what is really bothering you. He makes sure you understand what treatments are available and what he thinks will be the best treatment option for you.
Tina – Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
Dr. Kimball, took the time to explain fully all of our options. He was very thoughtful, compassionate and extremely attuned to our situation. We are extremely pleased by his knowledge, his patient attitude and his reassuring demeanor. I would highly recommend Dr. Kimball, and feel fortunate to have him as a doctor.
David Gambetta – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?
Dr. Kimball spent time with me to explain my MRI and procedure. He is very intelligent, has a broad knowledge in the neuro field, and his passion for neuro surgery shows!!!! I would trust him with any surgery. The one he did was on my cervical spine. It was a complete success. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a first class surgeon.
Karla Reutiman – Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Kimball, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kimball?