Dr. Brent Burroughs, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 46

Dr. Brent Burroughs, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Ewa Beach, HI. Dr. Burroughs has more experience with Epilepsy than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Adventist Health Portland. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Burroughs to book an appointment.

Neuroscience Clinic - The Queen's Medical Center - West Oahu

91-2135 Fort Weaver Rd Ewa Beach, HI 96706
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Burroughs is affiliated with Adventist Health Portland Portland, a highly rated hospital.

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Hawaii

Frequently Treated by Dr. Burroughs

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Burroughs treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Burroughs treats other conditions, please contact the office at (808) 691-3135.

Epilepsy

Epilepsy specialists diagnose and treat spectrum of brain disorders that cause seizures due to an interruption of normal nerve activity in the brain.Compare with other Epilepsy specialists.

Dr. Burroughs is experienced in the area of Epilepsy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

• Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response Test
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lumbar Puncture
  • Memory Evaluation
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Myopathy
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Nystagmus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Peripheral Neuropathy Testing
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Rathke's Cleft Cyst
  • Sudoscan
  • Syncope
  • TCD Bubble Test
  • Tension Headache
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Wada Test

Dr. Burroughs accepts

Dr. Burroughs accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Hawaii Medical Service Association (HMSA)
CompMED
Federal Plan 87
Health Plan Hawaii HMO
HMSA Akamai Advantage (PPO and PPO SNP)
Preferred Provider Plan PPO

Dr. Burroughs' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Burroughs

3.1

Dr. Burroughs
"This Neurologist lacks empathy and the social skills required to care for patients who seek counsel for their medical concerns. These are basic human skills needed when working in the Healthcare industry and I'm sure he knows that but cares less. He will dismiss a patients concern, and brush you off as if you are wasting his time. Worst doctor ever!! Doesn’t care about patients at all. Told me not to be concerned about the finding on my MRI that clearly state I have problems. When I explained some of the issues I was experiencing his response was oh I have those issues as well, Hey I don’t care about your issues I came to see you for help with mine and please don’t try to down play my problems, for I have many. Told me I had a perfect MRI which it is not, liar. What kind of doctor is that...a terrible one. He seemed ready to dismiss my concerns before I entered the room despite MRI evidence and without hearing my medical history. He was rude and dismissive.
Dying Patient – Mar 22, 2021
Worst doctor I’ve come across. My girl friend has a very rare autoimmune disease and has been vomiting daily for about a week straight. When she finally got in contact with him about the issues he said that it didn’t concern him and did nothing for her. His credentials should be taken away.
Feb 11, 2021
This Nuerologist lacks empathy and the social skills required to care for patients who seek counsel for their medical concerns. These are basic human skills needed when working in the Healthcare industry and im sure he knows that but cares less. He will dismiss a patients concern, and brush you off as if you are wasting his time. Getting an appointment to be seen will take about a month. His process takes long and in the end is a waste of time. I had an initial appointment in August and only in November had any update. He referred me to a nueropsychologist who mentioned her concerns for MS. Once I had my follow up appointment with Dr. Burroughs he told me "No I don't think you have MS." despite what the nueropsychologist said, as well as the MS symptoms I explained to him that I was experiencing. Not to mention he had his face in his hands giving a bored look while discussing these matters. He did not have any other tests done and just dismissed it. I believe this doctor is suffering
Dec 17, 2020
Saw him in Jan 2018 and he was rude, lied to me, used his equipment to cause physical harm and then diagnosed me with a psychological disorder. After seeing another neurologist, it turns out I have a rare type of migraine that mimics MS....brought on by a concussion and has been in a chronic state for over 2 years now. Based on a lot of reviews lately, it seems like he's burned out and is taking his frustrations out on people who are suffering. Time for him to see that psychiatrist he's so fond of. If he's hurt you, too, report him to the Oregon State Medical Board.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Lelania Cher – Oct 25, 2019
Waited over a year for my appointment, rescheduled by the office twice. Told me issues were psychological. Refused to "waste my time and yours" by performing tests. Subsequent neurologists found evidence of nerve damage in addition to disease and possible autoimmune issues. Seems to have a history of crying FND when the answer isn't obvious to him. Nice office, clearly does not care about actual people. Do not waste your time or his.
  • Long wait times
Go FND yourself doc – Oct 17, 2019
I have never had a doctor make me feel as uncomfortable as Dr. Burroughs did. He was totally unprofessional and rolled his eyes more than I thought could be possible. I'm glad my appointment only took 10 minutes! On a positive note the office staff was great and there was no wait to be called back from the waiting room.
Portland, OR – Oct 06, 2017
Every doctor I spoke with for twenty years, told me I had epilepsy and prescribed large quantities of medications to counteract my "seizures". The side effects of the medication caused me to live in a haze and feel unlike myself. Dr Burrows was the only doctor to listen, take time and think about my situation. His insights ultimately lead to me going off the unwanted medications. I wish I had met him and his office staff twenty years ago.
Megan in Portland, OR – Apr 05, 2017
Clearly knows his stuff, but bedside manner hugely in need of work.
Portland – Mar 10, 2017
Dr. Burroughs absolutely saved my family. My mom couldn't get out of bed, stand up from a chair, lift her leg high enough to step up on a curb. After several visits to different doctors and told everything from "it's your age" to "there's nothing wrong with you" or "you have arthritis." None were accurate. Someone finally pointed us to Dr. Brent Burroughs who found something very real called myopathy. He treated her and saved her from on her way to a wheelchair. We owe him everything!
Portland, OR – Nov 19, 2016
Very kind and understanding of the elderly population
Portland, OR – Mar 22, 2016
I had searched around and finally found a Dr I could see sooner then later. I found him to be delightfully pleasant and very detailed in helping me with my medical problem. He was very helpful ordered testing I needed to have done, to determine my condition. I would referr any of my friends to him. I found him to be an excellant Dr. Thank you Dr Burroughs
Robbie in Portland, OR – Jan 30, 2016
Very direct, condescending. I did not appreciate his tone or body language. Patients go to smart doctors to find understanding and possible cure for their ailments. If you want sympathy or feel at ease, he is not the one.
Abril in Portland, OR – Jan 27, 2016
Dr Burroughs is a brilliant man....a little high strung but if you want a good knowledgable physician he is the man....
Robert in Portland, OR – Dec 16, 2015

How was your experience with Dr. Burroughs?

Dr. Brent Burroughs is a board certified neurologist who diagnoses and cares for disorders that affect the nervous system. He treats all neurologic diseases...Read more

• Neurology