Plastic Surgery  |
Dr. Brent Birely, MD
Board-Certified: American Board of Plastic SurgeryMedical School: University of Maryland, Baltimore, MDResidency: General Surgery, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MDFellowship-Trained: Plastic Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, University of Maryland HospitalMember: American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons "I've always had good manual dexterity and I'm a perfectionist, so cosmetic facial surgery is a perfect fit. My philosophy is to achieve a natural result with every surgery and procedure – I believe less can be more. I also think the goal of cosmetic surgery is to help patients look like younger, more attractive versions of themselves. "This is a very creative field that blends art and science. I love the fact that it is primarily elective – patients come to me not because they have to but because they want to make a positive change. It's very rewarding to see the gratitude in someone's eyes when you've been able to fulfill their expectations and improve their self-image." Few other medical practices incorporate artistic elements into their work. Dr. Birely brings a unique sense of artistry to plastic surgery. He has an exceptional eye for beauty, proportion and detail. He also brings great passion and integrity to his work. His patients appreciate his honesty and his ability to make them look like younger, more attractive versions of themselves.

1300 York Rd

• Golden Rule
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Birely

See how frequently Dr. Birely performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Wound Repair
Breast Reduction
Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

Dr. Birely's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Plastic Surgery

• Plastic Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Plastic Surgery*

• Breast Ptosis
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hidradenitis
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Second-Degree Burns

• Skin Excision for Hidradenitis
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Union Memorial Hospital Inc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Union Memorial Hospital Inc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Johns Hopkins Hospital Inc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Birely has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Birely does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Birely and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Birely's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Birely to family and friends
Dr. Birely's Performance
in Lutherville, MD |
Dr. Birely did an excellent job on my ear lobe repair. I was incredibly nervous to get it done but the entire staff was comforting. He talked me through the entire procedure and it was painless! Highly recommend.
in Lutherville, MD |
I am a repeat client of Cheryl Sugar who has proven herself to be a top notch PA and talented injector. She has an artistic eye and gentle touch, always resulting in very natural but visible improvements. I trust her implicitly. The office environment is friendly and inviting, and Tracy, the surgical coordinator is delightful and could not be more patient or helpful. I recommend Dr. Birely's practice without qualification. Could not be more pleased.
in Lutherville, MD |
The best experience I have ever had with surgery. Wonderful staff and Dr. Birely was so thorough and kind. I am extremely please with my results.
in Lutherville, MD |
I am very pleased with the results of my eye lift surgery. Dr Birely was very gentle, informative and put me completely at ease. My husband waited for me during the procedure. The Dr's staff came out and informed him regularly of my progress. I would highly recommend Dr Birely for anyone considering any type of plastic surgery.
in Lutherville, MD |
I visited Dr. Birely because I had large breast and was having middle back pain that was severe. After consultanting my pain Management Doctor and Dr. Birely, the decision was to reduce my breast. I had breast reduction surgery after exceptional question and answers were met. Dr. Birely was so professional, and also his staff that I was comfortable throughout the process.
in Lutherville, MD |
I had a breast augmentation done in March of 2017. Dr. Birely's staff was so helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process and really put me at ease. Dr. Birely himself is extremely knowledgeable and urges his patients to really do what is best for them as an individual. I am so happy with my results and I would definitely recommend Dr. Birely to anyone looking for an experienced plastic surgeon.
in Lutherville, MD |
I had a breast lift with reduction done with Dr. Birely. My consultation experience was excellent. Dr. Birely and his staff are truly phenomenal. So friendly and kind and they were always there to answer any questions that I had. My recovery process was also very easy and quicker than I had expected. I have and will continue to reccomend Dr. Birely's office to family and friends.
in Lutherville, MD |
I had a small tummy tuck. Everything was explained step by step except for 2 instances: 1. To bring the pre-ordered pain killers with me to the surgery so I can have post-op, because they send you home relatively quickly, they can only give you so much at the outpatient surgi-center and 2. How much pain you can actually be in and how inactive/off your feet you should be for several weeks.
in Lutherville, MD |
Have always had a great experience with Cheryl. Would and have recommended her to family and friends.
in Lutherville, MD |
Dr. Birely listens to you and together you decide the best results for your health and lifestyle. He is very thorough with his explanation of the procedure and follow-up. Dr. Birely and his staff are confident, personable, and very professional and only wants the best for you. They are always available for calls, questions, or concerns.
in Lutherville, MD |
Dr Birely has been absolutely excellent through the entire course of my breast reduction surgery. Right after surgery, he checked on me on a regular basis, gave me a ok to call him ANY TIME I had a concern. The nurses at his Lutherville office were awesome and very kind, one in particular was nurse Camilla. She was very thorough with everything from 101 care to documentations. I would recommend this office to anyone In need of a breast reduction surgery.
in Lutherville, MD |
The staff as been really nice friendly.
in Lutherville, MD |
Wonderful, the staff are excellent very kind, cutious, very informative and they listen to you.
in Lutherville, MD |
Cheryl is wondertrful! Always quick and easy, and puts up with my fear of needles! RB.
in Lutherville, MD |
Very professional and caring.
Excellent service.
in Lutherville, MD |
Seneca was very knowledgeable. Great touch and most pleasantly!
in Lutherville, MD |
The office and staff are wonderful I have been coming here for years.!
in Lutherville, MD |
Very. Personable. Seneca is wonderful,professional and concerned over client comfort and welfare. .
in Lutherville, MD |
Friendly staff. Always willing to answer questions and be helpful
in Lutherville, MD |
Dr. Birely was very professional and pleasant and he did a great job with my implant replacement and breast lift.
in Lutherville, MD |
always professional and helpful. very patient and understanding.
in Lutherville, MD |
Everyone is so friendly and thoughtful. I love coming here!
in Lutherville, MD |
Always pleasant. Nice knowing everyone was always so responsive when I had questions or concerns. Compassionate and caring.
in Lutherville, MD |
love cheryl she is the best.
in Lutherville, MD |
Everyone was very polite and efficient. Staff always returned my calls in a timely manner.
in Lutherville, MD |
love the staff here is the best
in Lutherville, MD |
Dr. Birely does a wonderful job of explaining the procedure and setting realistic expectations.
in Lutherville, MD |
dr. birely was wonderful - he explained the procedure in detsil that i felt comfortable from consult to post op.
in Lutherville, MD |
Dr. Birely is a very caring, attentive doctor. I have had excellent results.
Have you seen Dr. Brent Birely, MD?
Are you Dr. Birely?