Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD

Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  ·
Male

Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Sacramento, CA and has been practicing for 5 years. He specializes in ear, nose, and throat, neurotology, and more.Read his story

Sacramento Ear, Nose & Throat

1111 Exposition Blvd Ste 700

Sacramento, CA 95815

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CHAMPVA
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Delta Health System
  • Health Net
  • Triwest
  • Western Growers Insurance Services

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Benscoter's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Benscoter's Top Procedures and Conditions

Vertigo

Dr. Benscoter treats Vertigo more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Benscoter treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Benign Paroxyzmal Vertigo of Childhood

• Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Tinnitus
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Wound Repair

"Brent J. Benscoter, MD, is a specialist in the field of otology and neurotology, specializing in hearing disorders, chronic ear disease, Meniere's disease, facial nerve disorders and cochlear implants, as well as acoustic neuroma and skull base surg...

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

Dr. Benscoter's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD
The best doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
I had concerns about my hearing degradation over the last few years and Dr. Benscoter provided excellent medical advice. He is very knowledgeable and up on the latest medical treatment options and surgeries available. He gave me the pros and cons of the different options which made me feel so much more comfortable. I would definitely recommend to my friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
Dr. Benscoter saw my dad about hearing loss and recommended a cochlear implant. At first we were apprehensive about the idea of surgery but he took time to answer all of our questions. He treated us just like family which my mom really appreciated. Now 3 months later dad has had the surgery and had the cochlear implant activated. He is already hearing better and I know will continue to improve. Our whole outlook on his hearing problems has changed. He is engaging with family again. Tha
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
After months of experiencing painful ear discomfort and hearing loss, I sought treatment and was diagnosed with Cholesteatoma. I consulted with several doctors and surgeons. After careful consideration I chose Dr. Benscoter, based on his confident knowledge, detailed communication, and kind and patient beside manner. I didn’t ever feel rushed talking to him in my consult or after the surgery. He regularly gave me the opportunity to ask more questions and this made me feel very comfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
Dr. Benscoter is very professional and detail oriented. His medical knowledge of other balance issues was even beyond that of his ENT training. He's patient and very intent on listening to his patients. You can almost see his brain calculating and processing everything he's hearing trying to formulate the best course of action. I truly believe I've been treated by the best ENT in the state.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
After 2 years of seeking help from IU physicians, I was referred to Dr. Benscoter. He quickly performed procedures to help alleviate my problems. He then determined that I had an infection of the mastoid bone and performed surgery. It was masterful like a fine tuned instrument. The scar is barely noticeable. He was my ENT for 2 yrs, treating other ear issues and diminished hearing. He is sorely missed at the Midwest Ear Clinic. I might have to fly to Sacramento . He is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
He is amazing and the staff are great ! He is very professional and I would recommend him to anyone !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
Dr Benscoter and his staff are excellent providers. They all have fantastic "bed-side" manners, and thoroughly answer my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
After 60 years of recurrent ear infections that left me in severe pain I was referred to Dr. Benscoter for treatment. I really expected nothing more than a codeine based painkiller and antibiotic ear drops. But my condition was now causing bouts of dizziness and complete loss of balance. No pun intended, but Dr. Benscoter looked deeper into my ear problem with balance tests, ear draining and antibiotics. I have been free of ear infections for the past year. Thank you so much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
Although I definitely didn't get much of a "caring" vibe from him, I don't usually judge a doctor by that, because I really don't care how nice they are. I only care how good they are. Unfortunately, he is neither nice nor evidently very good. If his equipment can't dx you, he just presumes you "may" have something, tells you the dx you "may" have via a letter in the mail with an rx for a heavy med, and won't talk to you absent an appt. No evidence; no discussion (without a fee, of course).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
Very neglecting. I came to see him twice. I had an earache with no ear infection. I get that it's hard to find the source of referred pain, and it requires a lot of knowledge, so I don't blame him. However, I also complained about headaches and very bad congestion. I insisted he check my sinuses. He looked in my nose and he said it doesn't look bad (yes, this is how an ENT checks sinuses). There was no culture done for my throat. A week later, I was diagnosed elsewhere with acute sinusitis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
Dr. Benscoter is very thorough and very personable. I would recommend him to anyone who needs care in his specialty.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
I was diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma and had surgery in April, 2015. Dr. Benscoter is an excellent surgeon, as well as being very kind and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
Dr. Benscoter at Midwest Ear Institute is one of the best, most professional doctors I have met. I have a lot of health problems and have been to a lot of doctors. I have chronic ear. Dr. Benscoter has helped me immensely. He always keeps me in the loop as to what to expect and my surgery has had a great outcome. I can hear better. He is professional and answers all of my questions and even takes my calls after-hours. I will continue to see Dr. Benscoter and would tell my friends to see him also
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
I was the first patient for Dr. Benscoter in his new office on Shadeland Avenue in Indianapolis several months ago. I was diagnosed with a perforation in my ear drum and was given instructions on the care of my ear or to elect surgery to close it. I chose to just keep it checked periodically. Dr. Benscoter was very professional and took great care in cleaning my ears. I appreciate his kindness and follow up with my ears and feel he is very knowledgeable. I would recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?
Dr. Benscoter at Midwest Ear Institute exceeded my expectations. I've had a pain in my left ear for months and finally found my way to Midwest Ear Institute. Dr. Benscoter was able to identify the cause and put together a solution right away. Not only that, he took time to explain the next steps and make sure I understood & was comfortable with the procedure. He is exceptional. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a bright, compassionate doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Benscoter, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Benscoter?

Insurance accepted

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Beech Street (Multiplan)
CHAMPVA
Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
Delta Health System
Health Net
Tricare
Triwest
Western Growers Insurance Services

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Benscoter treats patients.

Sutter Medical Center