Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Brent Belvin, MD
Dr. Brent Belvin, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Allen, TX. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Belvin is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White - Plano, Baylor Medical Center at Frisco, Medical City Plano, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Centennial.

1101 Raintree Cir Ste 240

Allen, TX 75013

Dr. Brent Belvin, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • ChoiceCare Network

Learn about Dr. Belvin

See how frequently Dr. Belvin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
Chronic Neck Pain
Bursitis
high

Dr. Belvin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Belvin "First and foremost, listening to my patients is my best diagnostic tool. MRI's, xrays, lab tests, etc are important, but nothing will ever take the place of an expert history and exam. As I always say, "We treat patients, not MRIs."

I also believe conservative measures should be attempted before invasive procedures are considered (except in emergencies, of course.) While I am trained in numerous advanced interventional techniques, I reserve those tools for cases where conservative measures have failed or are unlikely to adequately resolve the problem. If a procedure is necessary, I feel confident that I have the training, skills, and experience to provide my patients with expert care.

Patients of mine should feel comfortable asking me anything they want. I am a straight-shooter and will give you the best advice I can, with truthful, realistic expectations provided.

I look forward to seeing you, and helping you meet your medical goals!"

• Pain Medicine

• Chronic Pain
  • Cluster Headache
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Drug Rebound Headache
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Foot Fracture
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Gouty Arthropathy
  • Headaches (Shunt Related)
  • Hip Arthritis
  • Hypertension Headache
  • Icepick Headache
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Joint Disorders
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Kyphosis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lordosis
  • Mild Headache
  • Muscle Contraction Headache
  • Neck Injuries
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Neuropathic Arthropathy

• Isis Trained In Interventional Spine
    Other Education | Completed 2005
  • Passor Trained In Interventional Pain
    Other Education | Completed 2004

Dr. Belvin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Belvin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Belvin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Belvin to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Belvin Says:

Thank you for filling out your survey! It will really help me know how to improve my practice quality, and serve my patients more effectively. If you have any specific concerns, please call my office directly. I look forward to seeing you soon!---Brent Belvin, MD

Dr. Belvin's Performance
in Frisco, TX |
I have recommended Dr. Belvin to a dear friend.
in Farmersville,TX |
I was diagnosed with a meniscus tear which was causing terrible knee pain. I was having a very hard time trying to get thru my workday as an air conditioning technician. I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Belvin to see what my option were for some type of pain relief because I didn't want to have surgery. Dr. Belvin gave me an injection in my knee yesterday morning. I woke up this morning with absolutely no knee pain!! Dr. Belvin is WONDERFUL!!!!
in Frisco, TX |
Dr Belvin was very friendly, took time to explain everything to me, and then listen to and answer all my questions. I never felt like he was in a hurry to see the next patient.
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Belvin, his medical team and office staff are absolutely wonderful! Appointments are easy, I was seen very quickly and was extremely impressed by the professionalism and friendliness of the office and medical staff. My nurse was knowledgeable, engaging and explained the process to me. Dr. Belvin is fantastic & took the time to really understand my issue, the background of my pain and discuss different options with me. I would very strongly recommend Dr. Belvin and his team !!!!!
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Belvin explained everything to me before he began my treatment. He is very patient and so easy to talk to. He listened to me describe my problem, never hurrying me. I am so glad I chose Dr. Belvin.
in McKinney, TX |
I heard great things about Dr Belvin and he's better than I had heard. He not only listens, but he cares. He could have just treated me for my pain but he also wanted to dig deeper and find the root cause of it. Ive been dealing with nerve pain that has been undiagnosed for years. Im so happy and fortunate that I was referred to to him.
Sherman, TX |
Dr. Belvin takes the time to listen and ask questions of the patient. He does testing but does not rely solely on the results of tests.
in McKinney TX |
I recant my original review. Everything was worked out after a face to face meeting.
in McKinney, TX |
I highly recommend anyone considering this physician, look elsewhere. I was a long-term patient (4 years) and followed every directive, order, treatment plan to the best of anyone's ability with 3 back surgeries, and 2 neck surgeries. I was dismissed under false assumption that I had broken rank on the treatment plan, and in 4 years, never had an issue. I would make sure that any tests done are given a 2nd option to retest, if somethings not right, historically. One test can be wrong, get 2nd.
in Farmersville , Tx. |
Dr. Belvin is kind and a wonderful doctor ! Dr.Belvin is very proffesional and cares about his patients .
in Little Elm, TX |
Dr. Belvin is very good especially with my 88 year old Mother. He treats her back and her knees and she gets good results every time. He and his staff are very caring and take the time to make sure that they understand exactly what is happening with her so they can give her the best treatment possible. We are both very happy that Dr. Belvin is her pain management doctor. We could not be in better hands.
in Aubrey,TX |
the BEST doctor I've seen for years! Thank you ever so much for listening and caring.
in Allen, TX |
Richard Strayer I went to see him about a problem not really related to his field. He went out of his way to find the right doctors, provide significant input on an MRI. Voluntary went beyond my requests to provide very educated significant advice. He even followed up with me after the appointment with more suggestions. AND made appointments for me with the correct doctors. Extremely concerned about helping all ways. The best Doctor I have seen and that is over 82 years. Thank you so much.
Your comments are very kind. We appreciate your taking the time to review our practice, and wish you the best of health going forward!
Melissa, TX |
I will definitely recommend Dr. Belvin to anyone needing pain relief. In addition to being very personable, his ability and willingness to take the time to completely explain the reasons for my pain, the probable causes of it, and his proposed treatments as well the reasonable expectations of the outcome were very thorough and understandable. The outcome of his treatments far exceeded what I expected.
Richardson, TX |
After two back surgeries and still experiencing leg pain when walking and standing, I was referred to Dr. Belvin. He requested an EMG to pinpoint the exact location of my nerve pain. After getting the report, he injected the lumbar area and I had almost immediate relief. He followed up with another injection a week later. I am now able to play golf and resume my woodturning hobby with no pain in my leg. I am overjoyed to say the least. Highly recommended.
in Allen, TX |
Revising my review. Appointment itself was good, but problem came 1.5 weeks after, when I called to say the prescribed meds didn't seem to be helping. Injections aren't an option for me right now as I'm waiting for surgery, but I was given an *ultimatum* that I could either keep taking the medication (which didn't seem to be working) or come in for injections. I think you forgot the 3rd option - neither. Disappointed and fairly shocked. Not let us know in a week or we'll see. Nothing.
Thank you for your comment! We appreciate the feedback. While we cannot specifically address anyone's medical condition in a public forum, we can make a very general statement: any time a patient needs a change in medication, we need them to come in to discuss the problem with the physician. Medication management is something we take very seriously, hence the need for face to face time with the doctor.
in Allen, TX |
Would not recommend Dr. Belvin to friends/family. Office staff wasn't very attentive. The doctor made his diagnosis without actually listening to complete medical history or ordering blood work/diagnostic imaging. I am not interested in obtaining medication prescription, but in understanding the source of physical issues and working to manage them in a proactive fashion.
We appreciate all feedback. While we cannot comment about your specific health condition in a public forum, we can make a very general statement: history taking and physical examination are the foundation of any office visit with Dr. Belvin. Initial office visits may take upwards of one hour of face to face time simply to get an accurate picture of the problem, and make an expert diagnosis. Your review is very surprising, especially since so many have had a different experience with him.
in Sachse Tx |
Dr Bellvin is fantabulos! His spinal injections are super fast and painless! Oh! and I didn't have anesthesia ?? I was in and out and driving myself home like I had a simple Dr visit ??
Thank you for your feedback and review! We look forward to your continued health, well being, and pain relief. Please call if you need further assitance or have any questions.
in McKinney Tx |
Very attentive to his patient needs. Will definitely recommend him
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and review! We look forward to your continued health, well being, and pain relief. If you know of anyone else who might benefit from an appointment with Dr. Belvin, please send them our way!
in Garland, TX |
I felt very comfortable talking with Dr Blevin, he was very knowlegable about pain relief. The only issue I had was that when I made the appointment I was searching for a Doctor to provide my pain medication as the Doctor I was seeing no longer accepted my insurance. Dr. Blevin does not normally provide pain medication. So I am looking at the implant procedures which would hopefully eliminate my need for the medication or most of it. I wish the appointment staff would've let me know that.
Thank you for your feedback and review! While we cannot address your specific medical condition in a public forum, we can make this general statement: medication management plays a small, but important role in our practice. Our goal is to FIX the problem, not cover it up. If patients need long term medication management for chronic pain, we typically assist them in finding another physician to manage that component of their care. We wish you the best in your long term health and well being.
Have you seen Dr. Brent Belvin, MD?

Visit Dr. Belvin

Dr. Belvin accepts 24 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
    Advantage Health Solutions
    Indemnity EPO
    Network Open Access
    Carelink HMO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA