Dr. Brent Bellotte, MD

Dr. Brent Bellotte, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Brent Bellotte, MD is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He completed his ophthalmology training from Texas Tech University Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences where the department heads selected him for the prestigious chief designation of his residency program. During this time he was honored with the coveted Grand Rounds Presentation Award from Texas Tech University. Prior to this, he graduated summa cum laude with honors in biology from West Virginia University, then remained in his home state to receive his medical degree from West Virginia University School of Medicine. At that time, he graduated in the top 10% of the class with honors in nearly every medical specialty. He received the of the Award of Excellence from West Virginia University School of Medicine for outstanding class rank. He also received the acclaimed Peggy Preston Tertiary Scholarship, the Hurlbutt Memorial Endowment, and was awarded the Spurlock Fellowship for work sequencing retroviral DNA. Additionally, he was elected as a judge for the Van Liere Research Convocation. His recent accomplishments include being chosen for the Castle Connolly American Top Doctor 2015-2017 award as well as the Patient's Choice Award. Dr. Bellotte served as a founding father for the Eye Physicians of Florida Ophthalmology Mega group and served as a consulting member of the advisory board for BlueCross/Blue Shield. In addition to these accomplishments he served as a consulting founder of HipaaBridge, a secure medical texting phone application that has now been adopted by many prominent hospital systems. Dr. Brent Bellotte maintains active memberships in the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract of Refractive Surgeons, Florida Society of Ophthalmology, and the Palm Beach Ophthalmology Society. Currently Brent Bellotte, MD is a board member of the Palm Beach County Ophthalmology Society. He is an active ophthalmology expert consultant for Medicare. Additionally, he is considered a thought leader and has been asked to be a speaker for ophthalmology medical and surgical devices for many ophthalmic corporations including Glaukos, Sun Ophthalmics, and Optos. On a more personal note his hobbies include devoting much of his time to continuing medical education activities and attending and lecturing at ophthalmology conferences. He also researches and oversees the implementation of healthcare IT and network management technology in the medical environment. Furthermore, he is a certified private pilot by the federal aviation administration.

West Boca Eye Center

9325 Glades Rd Ste 201

Boca Raton, FL 33434

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Bellotte

See how frequently Dr. Bellotte performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Trichiasis
Glaucoma
Eyelid Surgery
high

Dr. Bellotte's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Bellotte "Dr. Bellote hopes to give you a very personal experience that is unparalleled in care, comfort, congeniality, and compassion. He aims to treat his patients as he would want his own family members treated. This means that he strives to make sure his patients are comfortable, well-informed, and treated with the utmost care and concern."

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Diabetes-Like Blepharitis
  • Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Dilatation
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Strabismus Surgery
  • Tear Drainage Surgery
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Ultrasound
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Texas Tech University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

• Top Doc Award in the Boca Observer, 2016

Dr. Bellotte has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Bellotte Says:

Thank You!

Dr. Bellotte's Performance
in Boca Raton, FL |
From the first office visit, I felt confident that Dr. Bellotte would provide the best care in cataract surgery.. He is meticulous in explaining what the surgery entails. His staff is pleasant and scheduling follow-up appointments is easy.
in Del Ray Beach |
Thanks for treating my glaucoma! You and your staff's attentiveness are rare and I am thankful for it.
in Tampa, FL |
Satisfied with my surgery
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I was lucky to get referred to a doctor and his team that are very professional and attentive. I was suffering from painful dry eyes. Getting treatment that has provided relief.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I found the office to be very well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful I liked that Doctor Bellotte's took time to explain my issue and helped me with a very workable treatment plan.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I really appreciate a Dr. and his team that is very professional, has a pristine facility and provides high quality care. I found this to be very true of Dr. Bellotte's west Boca Raton office and team. Definitely recommend!
in Miami, FL |
I got an excellent care from dr Bellotte for my cataract surgery. Highly recommended
in Miami, FL |
My cataract surgery in both eyes went better than I could ever imagined and dr bellotte exceeded all my expectations as an ophthalmologist
in Boca Raton, FL |
I had three major eye surgeries performed by Dr Bellotte in the past two months. In each and every case Dr B and his entire staff demonstrated a warm and professional approach in each of my numerous visits to their office. This Dr. has only one thing in mind when you are in his care and that is the complet well being of his patients, I cannot recommend this exemplary Dr any stronger than 5 or I would. He has earned every bit of praise you read in his reviews. You cannot find a better Doctor
I was referred to Dr. Bellotte by my recent optometrist, Dr. Kehoe, for cataract removal. After having a bad experience with removing a prior cataract from the other eye I was a bit reluctant to encounter the procedure again. But on first visit, he noticed something terribly wrong with the cataract and immediately corrected the problem with his state of the art tech equipment. He then, after a upcoming trip, removed the cataract, and I now have the best vision I've ever had since a child.
in Deerfield Beach |
Cannot say enough good things about Dr Bellott and his staff. State of the art equipment, professionalism, knowledge, courtesy is second to none. Truly the best of the best. Do not hesitate for one second to come to this wonderful office for not only the most dedicated brilliant eye doctors but his wonderful staff as well. A rare gen of an ophthalmologist Kudos for jobs well done. I will be a patient for life.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Friendly very knowledgeable Great staff they take good care of you
in Hollywood, FL |
The nicest doctor, he spent a lot of time with me before my cataract surgery to see what would be my best fit. Painless easy surgery driving the next. I love him and the staff
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Great office! Dr Silva Is very patient and caring. Always get good treatment
in Coconut Creek, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is a wonderful doctor who has great bedside manner and doesn't make you feel rushed. He listened to all my symptoms attentively and patiently. He was very thorough in his questions and examination. He was also very detailed when going over his diagnosis and giving a treatment plan.
in Coral Springs, FL |
Kudos to Dr. Bellotte and his team. Dr. Bellotte was extraordinary with his assessment and care; he took time to explain my specific eye needs and was most patient and clear with responses to my questions. My research on Healthgrades definitely put my eyes in good hands.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is an outstanding doctor. His technical and medical skills are the best of any doctor I have had experience with. Additionally, he is friendly, considerate and willing to answer any question. He has been treating my Macular problem for awhile now, and has been maintaining my vision on a steady basis with no further loss.
in Parkland, FL |
I started was diagnosed with severe diabetic retinopathy and even lost my driver's license. I had significantly lost my vision and couldn't read the newspaper. From the moment I walked into Dr. Bellotte's office, he and his staff gave me hope. A week later he performed a vitrectomy and started a series of injections and other treatments. A year later I am reading, have my driver's license back and my independence. I owe this all to Dr. Bellotte and his team, thank you!
in Wellington, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Bellotte for 3 years. He is so caring and immediately puts you at ease. I am very young but suffered from a rare eye condition. He was able to reverse this condition that would otherwise have destroyed my vision in one eye. He is truly amazing and I'm always happy to see him.
in Royal Palm Gardens, FL |
Excellent staff and doctor! I had a blocked tear duct that had only a 50% chance of a successful surgery, yet it is perfect now. Great experience with Dr. Bellotte and his staff. Each time I was there, I was taken care of quickly and efficiently. The front desk staff are always helpful and warming.
in Jupiter, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Bellotte by my primary eye doctor. I needed a horseshoe tear in my retina repaired. Dr. Bellotte met me after hours at his clinic. He explained every part of the laser operation that he was going to perform to put me at ease. He stitched up the tear in 7 minutes, I was very impressed. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.
in Jupiter |
I visited two other eye doctors for a difficult problem and got no answers, plus an expensive, useless treatment. Dr. Bellotte's staff got me in immediately after my phone call to them. He made the diagnosis in what seems like seconds. What a sharp guy and his office is unlike any I have seen, cozy, comfortable more like a living room. The staff was so helpful and he was amazing.
in Juno Beach, FL |
I had cataract surgery on my right eye a year ago and on my left eye a week ago. Both surgeries were performed by Dr. Bellotte, as I wouldn't trust my eyes to anyone else. I am typing this message without glasses, which was impossible for me to do for the past 10 years. I highly recommend Dr. Bellotte and his staff to anyone suffering with cataracts - you won't regret it!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Everything is great in this office we are very satisfied with the office and the doctor we recommend him to everybody
in Atlanta, GA |
I've been coming since 2011 and he's a doctor that shows concern about my situation. The treatment is going well so I highly recommend him
in Lake Worth, FL |
I now have amazing high definition vision after Dr. Bellotte performed laser cataract surgery on both of my eyes. Equally amazing was the care by the entire staff. This surgery was a life changing, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and experience.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I have experienced wonderful vision results after laser cataract surgery with Dr. Bellotte. He is the ultimate professional, strives to get great results, yet very caring and compassionate. His office staff follows his lead and makes you feel welcomed at every visit.
in New York, NY |
I am new to the south Florida area. I just had the most detailed extensive eye exam with Dr. Bellotte. I am in awe with the office's cutting edge technology and the insight provided by Dr Bellotte.
in Lighthouse Point, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Bellotte by my family Doctor who was doing a physical on me for my urgent cataract surgery. He recommended a second opinion, which was with Dr. Bellotte. He confirmed I didn't need cataract surgery. I learned my lesson to always get a second opinion and truly appreciate the care I have received at the West Boca Eye Center.
in Coconut Creek, FL |
I couldn't give enough positive accolades to Dr. Bellotte and his staff. The professionalism and dedication to top quality care starts at the top and is seen throughout the practice,
in Miami, FL |
I finally found a doctor that helped me with my eye condition. Im so thankful I found Dr Bellotte and team. The staff is friendly and welcoming
in Coral Springs, FL |
I have had problems with my eyes since I was born. When I moved to Florida, a friend recommended Dr. Bellotte to me. He listens and understands my concerns, plus he takes the time to explain my condition and course of action. I trust and appreciate Dr. Bellotte and his staff for going the extra mile each and every time I have had an exam or when I've needed surgery,
in Boca Raton, FL |
I had my surgery yesterday. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Bellotte and his entire team. They were very professional while attending to my every need. I can't think of one thing I can complain about. Thank you for a wonderful experience!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I've seen multiple doctors for an ongoing eye problem without success. I also have an immune system disease that affects my whole body. I was scared and frustrated. I was referred to the West Boca Eye Center by one of my other doctors. I cannot express enough how kind, compassionate & helpful the office staff is here! Dr. Bellotte came in with a smile, was personable, and explained his game plan. I am finally receiving the medical assistance I urgently needed.
in Coral Springs, FL |
Dr. Bellotte performed a very extensive surgery on my eye for glaucoma pressure. The pressure was 40 and after the surgery it was 9. He has done surgery on both of my eyes. I have sent several of my friends to him. I have been a patient of his for many years and I would not go to any other doctor.
in Parkland, FL |
I recently went to my regular eye doctor because I noticed my vision changed very rapidly, I assumed it was just cataracts. She quickly picked up the phone and called Dr. Bellotte's office for a same day emergency appointment. Dr. Bellotte and his staff had to stay late that day to perform many tests. He explained I have wet macular degeneration disease in both eyes. He explained his aggressive plan to stop my vision loss. I appreciate him and his staff so much for all their help and kindness.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is an excellent doctor. He always treats me with great care and compassion. He is very knowledgeable and explains things to me very well. He recently performed challenging cataract surgery on both of my eyes. The results have been nothing short of a miracle. I no longer need contacts or thick glasses.
in Wellington, FL |
One day I woke up and could not see at all out of my left eye. Not knowing if it was temporary or permanent, I researched my options. I was fortunate to meet with Dr. Bellotte, who made me feel like I was part of his family. He navigated me though the process, carefully explaining the procedures and expectations. His skill set in all areas is remarkable and after his consultation, I left his office trusting that his judgement was in my best interest.
in Miami, FL |
I find the office extremely accommodating. If.I call for questions they answer immediately. The doctor is very helpful I had surgery with him.and it was done very professionally.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Highly recommend dr Bellottes office if you want first class and updated equipment and treatment
Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr Bellotte is very caring and explains everything to you. His office is very exclusive and everyone there is incredibly nice. He makes you feel special and you feel very comfortable.
in Boca Raton, FL |
I feel very lucky too call dr bellotte my eye dr. he is kind considerate .top of his game plus very handsome...........which soften the needle in the eye clarice
Miami, FL |
If you are looking for a great customer service, high technology and great doctor, you need to go to West Boca Eye Center and see the Dr. Brent Berllotte - Professional Staff - High Technology - Great Doctor
in Miami, FL |
Dr bellotte and staff our awesome! Very helpful and welcoming environment. Highly recommended
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr bellotte is an amazing doctor. I'm very pleased and I highly recommend him. My eyelids look great and i wouldn't trust my eye sight to anybody else only dr bellotte
in Hollywood, FL |
I've been coming to dr bellotte office since 2006 and I never had any complaints. They always take great care of me.
in Coral Springs, FL |
Dr. Bellotte's ability to explain my complicated case to me on my level is amazing and is only matched by his exceptional surgical skills. His bedside manner and compassion is very much appreciated, as well as those of his staff.
in Riveria Beach, FL |
Dr. Bellotte did a great job removing my cataracts, inserting lenses, and providing diligent after-care. I respect his knowledge and technical expertise. I also appreciate his and his staff's friendliness and concern for my vision and well-being.
Miami, FL |
Great service !!!!
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr bellotte did many treatments on me and i had always great experiences. Highly recommended
Have you seen Dr. Brent Bellotte, MD?

Visit Dr. Bellotte

Dr. Bellotte accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida