Dr. Brent Bellotte, MD

Dr. Brent Bellotte, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 42 years old

118 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Bellote hopes to give you a very personal experience that is unparalleled in care, comfort, congeniality, and compassion. He aims to treat his patients as he would want his own family members treated. This means that he strives to make sure his patients are comfortable, well-informed, and treated with the utmost care and concern.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Bellotte's Experience

See how Dr. Bellotte's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bellotte

Dr. Bellotte accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bellotte has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bellotte's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bellotte to family and friends
Dr. Bellotte Says:

Thank You!

Dr. Bellotte's Performance
in Boca Raton |
Finished my second cataract surgery with Dr. Bellotte two weeks ago. He spent many visits with me determining which lens option is best for my eyes, hobbies and lifestyle. West Boca Eye Center offers all of the newest cataract lenses out. I now have custome multi focal lenses built into my eyes! I am only using OTC readers for very small print. I've been in glasses since age 7 until now! Beyond satisfied with all my care here. Highly recommended!
Dr. Bellotte performed my Cataract surgery using the Cataract YAG Laser. The procedure was very simple and the downtown was minimal. I put off having Cataract surgery for months because I could not find the right doctor. After meeting Dr. Bellotte, he answered my questions and eased my concerns. I scheduled the procedure shortly after. It was very easy and I felt comfortable with Dr. Bellotte. I highly recommend him especially for this procedure.
Dr. Bellotte helped me tremendously with finding the right treatment plan for my dry eye syndrome. After years of seeing different doctors, I felt like none them listened to my concerns or answered the questions I had. When I met Dr. Bellotte, he spent time going over my symptoms, the treatments I've tried already and the steps we were going to take next. He also answered all my questions. I was very impressed with his bedside manner as well as his staff. I highly recommend him.
Boca Raton, FL |
I had a wonderful experience here from the staff to physicians. Great practice, thorough exam and very happy with overall experience!
Lombard, IL |
As a suffer of Macular Degeneration my case may seem hopeless. I feel that most doctors would not take as much time with someone who has my condition. Dr. Bellotte spends time with me and gives me recommendations on how to better manage my symptoms. His explanations are detailed and he makes sure I understand everything before I leave. I appreciate his bedside manner. His staff is also very welcoming and make each visit a smooth process.
I had a great experience having the Lasik procedure done through West Boca Eye Center. Dr. Bellotte's wonderful staff, experience, understanding and patience is what led me to proceed with the procedure. He explained everything thoroughly and made sure I was comfortable every step of the way. No regrets about having the procedure. Definitely worth it for all of you who have doubts about going through with Lasik.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Thank you for taking such great care of my eyes. I am forever grateful!
in Lombard, IL |
Dr. Bellotte was able to give me a same day emergency appointment. I was experiencing serious problems with my eyes while on vacation. West Boca eye center scheduled me an appointment right away. Dr. Bellotte told me how to manage my symptoms which allowed me to enjoy the rest of my vacation.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Bellotte saved my vision. I have worn thick glasses my entire life and I slowly lost my ability to drive at night. It became so bad that I could no longer pick my grandson up from soccer practice. Dr. Bellotte explained to me that I have healthy eyes. He made me feel better by explaining that we all get cataracts if we are lucky enough to live long enough. I had cataract surgery on both on my eyes and I don't even wear glasses. Much appreciation to the West Boca Eye Center team!
in Coral Springs, FL |
I had another wonderful experience at Dr. Brent Bellotte's Office today. These words come to mind in describing Dr. Bellotte and his Team; Kind, Caring, Courteous, Knowledgeable, Organized. Together these Amazing Professionals create a comfortable atmosphere as you receive the very best care. Thank You Dr. Bellotte and Team - Lisa Payne
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Bellotte by a friend. I called to make an appointment and I was able to make an appointment on that day due to blurry vision. I was so happy with the doctor, he did an amazing job explaining what was going on and the staff was very helpful !
in Perry |
Was referred to Dr. Bellotte and West Boca Eye Center from my PCP for a diabetic exam. For a guy who hates doctors, this office makes going easy. Highly recommended.
in Boca Raton |
Dr. Bellotte has been treating my glaucoma the past 2 years since moving from New York. When I started with him I was putting in over 6 prescription drops for glaucoma a day. None of them were not working and irritated my eyes very badly. Dr. Bellotte offers the newest and safest treatments available; between laser and my recent cataract surgery I am now off all of my drops and my eye pressure has never been so low!!! I owe him my life!!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Recently moved to Florida from California and was looking for a new eye doctor. Referred to Dr. Bellotte from a neighbor who spoke very highly of him and his office. Had my first visit today and my experience was first class; I have never had a more thorough exam. Dr. Bellotte and entire staff are patient, caring and extremely knowledgeable. I'm am very grateful to have established a new eye doc here. Highly recommended!
Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Brent Bellotte is the best cataract surgeon in the country and a testament to the medical profession. Thank you for taking care of my parents and I hope you are still practicing when it is my turn to need cataract surgery!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Came today for an eye emergency! Great doctor and awesome staff
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is an amazing phyciaian and I highly reccomend him and his office!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Bellotte did my fathers cataract surgery and we are so happy with his results. We highly reccomend him and his office
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Amazing doctor and staff, highly recommend this office
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Highly recommend Dr.Bellotte and his office! He is the best!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Bellotte was very patient but through throughout my visit. Really pleased with him and the staff!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have very bad dry eyes and Dr. Bellotte always is a great help for my dry eye treatment!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Called last minute for an eye infection, Dr. Bellotte and staff were very accommodating and took great care of me! I can truly say I have never felt more at ease at this office then anywhere else!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I went in for a work related accident to my eye. I had the best type of care with the highest of technologically. My eye is healed and I cannot thank dr Bellotte enough.
in Boca raton |
I was at urgent care for an infection they called and the office was able to get me in right away and help me!! I would refer this office to friends and family great doctor and staff!!!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The staff is so welcoming, the technicians are all so smart and qualified and Dr. Bellotte is amazing! Highly recommend this office.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My cat scratched my eye so I came here for an emergency. I was treated the same day! The doctor and staff were all great and helpful.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been coming to this office for a very long time for my dry eyes. Dr. Bellotte always helps me with my dry eye issues and I am so thankful and happy!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My coworker reccomended me to this office. The office is so beautiful and the doctor was great. Thank you West Boca Eye Center
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Bellotte did my eye surgery and I am so happy with my results. My coworkers and family all see Dr. Bellotte as well and are very happy.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I went to Dr. Bellotte for my cataract surgery. He has the newest latest training and I qualified for an upgraded lens. I am so happy that I chose the upgraded lens, I have my vision back from when I was 20 years old!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is the best ophthalmologist! Beautiful office!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Was referred by my primary care doctor to see Dr. Bellotte and could not be happier. He is such a great doctor. All of his office equipment is brand new and has a beautiful office. The front desk and technicians are all beautiful and smart.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Bellotte and his staff are all amazing, helpful & caring. You will be very happy with the treatment you get at this office!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Beautiful office with all new up to date equipment. Amazing doctor
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is our family ophthalmologist. He is a great doctor and very caring. We hilghy recommend him.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is the best ophthalmologist! He recently had to do emergency surgery on my mother and I am so thankful that we found him and my mom and I are extremely happy with her results. Him and his staff are very helpful with everything you need and most importantly, medical treatment.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is an amazing caring doctor. He thoroughly everything and makes you feel very comfortable.
in Boca Raton, FL |
My doctor in NY said I needed eye muscle surgery to correct my double vision. My daughter insisted I get a second opinion with her doctor, Dr. Bellotte. Sure enough he was able to fix my problem with a new pair of glasses with something called prisms built into them. I'm forever grateful to both my daughter and my doctor.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Before I saw Dr. Brent Bellotte, my eyelids were hanging over my eyelashes and getting in the way of seeing both my grandkids and playing my Candy Crush. After my eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty); not only can I see again but my eyelids look AMAZING!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My visit at West Boca Eye center was easily the most thorough eye exam I've have since moving to South Florida. Dr. Bellotte and staff explained everything in detail and did not rush me through any questions I had at the end. My previous eye doctor was pushing me to get surgery but West Boca Eye Center treated my dry eyes and updated my glasses and now I am seeing 20/20 and can hold off on surgery for many more years! Highly recommended!
in Coral Springs, FL |
Amazing surgeon...I have never seen better. The office and staff take professionalism to a new level. Thank you!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
I went to Dr. Bellotte for an eye exam. He was very nice. I needed to have my glasses checked to see if they were still right or needed to be changed. Dr. Bellotte had one of the girls in his office do the refraction. I left with the results .Took it and had them made . Went to pick them up and could not see at all. They had asked me when I dropped the info off about the right eye being so different. His office would not return calls, money wasted. Get prescriptions for glasses another place!!
in Boca Raton, FL |
I had an eye emergency and saw Bellotte. I was asked to sign an "arbitration" agreement, which I refused. I was seen by the doctor. Today, I went for a follow-up. As soon as I told my them my name at the front desk I was told I MUST sign the arbitration agreement. I again refused and left. I was then told that Bellotte would not see anyone unless the arbitration agreement is signed. WHAT EYE DOCTOR NEEDS AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT UNLESS THEIR WORRIED ABOUT GETTING SUED? I'LL FIND ONE THAT ISN'T!
Delray Beach, FL |
I developed conjunctivitis in both eyes during my stay in the hospital. It took us 2 wks to get an appointment and then a 2 1/2hr. wait to be seen by the Dr.. He was polite, but definitely rushed.
in Boca Raton, Fl |
Amazing experience! Highest recommendation!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Bellotte and staff are the most professional, knowledgeable and caring office you'll ever experience. I highly recommend West Boca Eye Center and Dr. B to all my family, friends and anyone looking for a high end eye doctor!
in Boca Raton |
Professional. Great experience. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
Hollywood, FL |
Dr Bellotte has a great bed side manner as well as his staff. The smiles and kindness of this office is overwhelming. I would recommend Dr Bellotte and his staff to anyone looking for a great eye doctor.
Hollywood, FL |
Dr Bellotte has been seeing me as a patient for 10 years and has been saving my eyes ever since.
Have you seen Dr. Brent Bellotte, MD?
Are you Dr. Bellotte?

Compare Dr. Bellotte

Dr. Bellotte says...

Dr. Brent Bellotte is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He completed his ophthalmology training from Texas Tech University Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences where the department heads selected him for the prestigious chief designation of his residency program. During this time he was honored with the coveted Grand Rounds Presentation Award from Texas Tech University.

Prior to this, he graduated summa cum laude with honors in biology from West Virginia University, then remained in his home state to receive his medical degree from West Virginia University School of Medicine. At that time, he graduated in the top 10% of the class with honors in nearly every medical specialty.

His recent accomplishments include being chosen for the Castle Connolly American Top Doctor 2015 award as well as the Patient's Choice Award. Dr. Bellotte served as a founding father for the Eye Physicians of Florida Ophthalmology Mega group and served as a consulting member of the advisory board for BlueCross/Blue Shield. After these accomplishments he served as a consulting founder of HipaaBridge, a secure medical texting phone application that has now been adopted by many prominent hospital systems.

His past achievements include being one of the initial founders of the Eye Physicians of Florida Ophthalmology group. He received the of the Award of Excellence from West Virginia University School of Medicine for outstanding class rank. He also received the acclaimed Peggy Preston Tertiary Scholarship, the Hurlbutt Memorial Endowment, and was awarded the Spurlock Fellowship for work sequencing retroviral DNA. Additionally, he was elected as a judge for the Van Liere Research Convocation.

Dr. Bellotte maintains active memberships in the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract of Refractive Surgeons, Florida Society of Ophthalmology, and the Palm Beach Ophthalmology Society.  He is currently an active ophthalmology expert reviewer for Medicare and a speaker for ophthalmology medical and surgical devices.

On a more personal note his hobbies include devoting much of his time to continuing medical education activities and attending ophthalmology conferences. He also researches and implements IT and network management technology in the medical environment. Furthermore, he is a certified private pilot by the federal aviation administration.

Dr. Bellotte's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bellote hopes to give you a very personal experience that is unparalleled in care, comfort, congeniality, and compassion. He aims to treat his patients as he would want his own family members treated. This means that he strives to make sure his patients are comfortable, well-informed, and treated with the utmost care and concern.

Cutting-Edge Knowledge:

Because Dr. Bellotte's training is recent, he has cutting-edge knowledge of the latest trends and theories for medical, laser, and surgical procedures. He also works with state-of-the-art equipment and the most modern computer technology with which to serve you best.

Thank You!

Dr. Bellotte's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Bellotte has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bellotte's Board Certifications

• Corneal Flash Burns
  • Corneal Scar
  • Diabetes-Like Blepharitis
  • Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Dilatation
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Completed in 2005

West Virginia University

Graduated in 1997

• Portuguese

Dr. Bellotte does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bellotte and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology