Dr. Brent Bellotte, MD

Dr. Brent Bellotte, MD

Ophthalmology  |
240 reviews

Dr. Brent Bellotte is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He completed his ophthalmology training from Texas Tech University Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences where the department heads selected him for the prestigious chief designation of his residency program. During this time he was honored with the coveted Grand Rounds Presentation Award from Texas Tech University. Prior to this, he graduated summa cum laude with honors in biology from West Virginia University, then remained in his home state to receive his medical degree from West Virginia University School of Medicine. At that time, he graduated in the top 10% of the class with honors in nearly every medical specialty. His recent accomplishments include being chosen for the Castle Connolly American Top Doctor 2015 award as well as the Patient's Choice Award. Dr. Bellotte served as a founding father for the Eye Physicians of Florida Ophthalmology Mega group and served as a consulting member of the advisory board for BlueCross/Blue Shield. After these accomplishments he served as a consulting founder of HipaaBridge, a secure medical texting phone application that has now been adopted by many prominent hospital systems. His past achievements include being one of the initial founders of the Eye Physicians of Florida Ophthalmology group. He received the of the Award of Excellence from West Virginia University School of Medicine for outstanding class rank. He also received the acclaimed Peggy Preston Tertiary Scholarship, the Hurlbutt Memorial Endowment, and was awarded the Spurlock Fellowship for work sequencing retroviral DNA. Additionally, he was elected as a judge for the Van Liere Research Convocation. Dr. Bellotte maintains active memberships in the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract of Refractive Surgeons, Florida Society of Ophthalmology, and the Palm Beach Ophthalmology Society. He is currently an active ophthalmology expert reviewer for Medicare and a speaker for ophthalmology medical and surgical devices. On a more personal note his hobbies include devoting much of his time to continuing medical education activities and attending ophthalmology conferences. He also researches and implements IT and network management technology in the medical environment. Furthermore, he is a certified private pilot by the federal aviation administration....See Less

West Boca Eye Center

9325 Glades Rd Ste 201

Boca Raton, FL 33434

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Bellotte

Dr. Bellote hopes to give you a very personal experience that is unparalleled in care, comfort, congeniality, and compassion. He aims to treat his patients as he would want his own family members treated. This means that he strives to make sure his patients are comfortable, well-informed, and treated with the utmost care and concern.

Dr. Bellotte's Experience

Dr. Bellotte's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Flash Burns
  • Corneal Scar
  • Diabetes-Like Blepharitis
  • Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Dilatation
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Texas Tech University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

• Top Doc Award in the Boca Observer, 2016

Dr. Bellotte has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Bellotte's Performance
Miami, FL |
Great service !!!!
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr bellotte did many treatments on me and i had always great experiences. Highly recommended
in Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Bellotte and his staff are exceptional. I came to him as high-risk for cataract surgery in both eyes. Now I see 20/30. I went from needing four pairs of glasses to only needing readers. My fears were alleviated by him answering all my questions. He is so caring and professional with a great staff.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
The level of care and Dr. Bellotte's expertise definitely surpassed all of my expectations. He was kind, compassionate and explained all aspects of my procedure in detail, making sure all of my questions were answered. I am very impressed by his professionalism and dedication, I would recommend him to anyone!
in Boca Raton, FL |
I have been a patient of Doctor Bellotte for over 4 years. His treatment of my glaucoma has been wonderful and I always feel lucky to have been recommended to him. I have had two laser surgeries and my glaucoma has been controlled. With two visits a year and eye drops daily I have avoided complications of this chronic disease, with no side effects whatsoever. I highly recommend him.
in Hallandale, FL |
I just had cataract surgery done on both my eyes by Dr. Bellotte. I call him my miracle maker, this was a life changing experience and I am so glad that he took care of me. I trusted his judgement to do the very best with my eyes and he did.
in Parkland, FL |
Dr. Bellotte diagnosed "well-developed" cataracts and glaucoma in my eyes. It was with some trepidation that I agreed to cataract surgery, but the outcome has been spectacular. I'm once again able to read to my grandchildren. Dr. Bellotte is obviously a skilled surgeon, but he is also a very kind person.
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is informative and honest. When giving me his opinion, he gave me all my options and told me which one would be best for my vision. I have had previous surgery and some underlying health problems. Dr. Bellotte was able to give me a recommendation that would be best for my eyes and health. I really appreciated him being up front about the things that wouldn't work so well for me.
in Wellington, FL |
I had one on one time with Dr. Bellotte at my consultation, which most eye surgeons simply don't do. He answered all of my questions and is a friendly personable doctor. My vision is incredible after having LASIK surgery at the West Boca Eye Center.
in Clermont, FL |
Dr bellotte and staff took great care of me. I always have a great experience and staff is very friendly.
in Miami, FL |
The entire staff Ian professional and polite. It is really a pleasure to visit this office! Dr Bellotte is great, he is very patient and takes time with every patient
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is an excellent doctor. I looked for awhile to find a doctor with his skills. When I experienced an aneurysm in one of my eyes, he did an excellent laser surgery to correct the problem. Being a diabetic, I require professional skills to keep my eyes healthy and strong.
in Miami, FL |
Dr bellotte helped me with my eye pressure. He did magic! Totally recommend the office, the staff is so friendly and polite. He takes his time with me every visit to listen and understand my concerns
in Miami, FL |
Dr Bellotte is not like other doctors he really cares about his patients and his staff is friendly and I always feel happy to be here
Hialeah, FL |
Dr bellotte did cataract surgery and i completly trust my vision to him. Hes staff is friendly and he is caring and professional
Deland, FL |
I had cataract surgery with dr Bellotte and I am impressed by all the support that I received from him and from all his staff. They're wonderful and I cannot thank them enough for everything they did for me. My vision is amazing and I am happy to be a patient
in Miami, FL |
I always recommend Dr bellotte to family and friends. He is professional and his office is clean with the latest technology
in Durham, NC |
Staff and the Dr. are first class, nice and very patient centric. They truly care for your well being and are as excited as you are for your progress in treatment. Highly recommend!
in Lake Worth, FL |
Great experience. I had laser cataract surgery with multi focal lens. Everyone in the office was nice and knowledgeable. Dr. Bellotte and his staff did a thorough job of explaining procedures and were patient with my questions. At any time, I could call the office with questions or concerns. It's only been two weeks and still getting use to freedom of not wearing glasses.
in Parkland, FL |
Dr. Bellotte is amazing. He is very knowledgeable about all procedures and makes sure he aligns the best possible surgery for your needs. LASIK was recommended for me and I enjoy it so much. Thank you to Dr. Bellotte for always being available to answer my questions. Truly one of a kind, purely genuine and wanting the best for everyone.
in Coconut Creek, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Bellotte because he is very thorough and very clear in his expectations of what is going on with you. He will try to fit you in even if it is emergency. It was really great that he saw me right away when my eye was bleeding, I have been treated for macular degeneration and glaucoma. They are very patient oriented.
in Miami, FL |
I've been coming to Dr bellotte for cataract surgery and i can highly recommend this office to anyone looking for the best DOCTOR in South Florida. Professional and caring
in Bellevue, WA |
BEST doctor in south Florida. I've been going to him since 2015. Highly recommended great staff great doctor state of the art facility
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Bellotte and his staff are extremely friendly and considerate. The atmosphere is very conducive to alleviate any nervousness I had, the staff truly cares about me as an individual. Dr. Bellotte explains what is wrong with my eyes in a manner that I can understand. I'm so happy he was recommended to me and I am now recommending him to all my friends and family.
in Coral Springs, FL |
I recently saw Dr. Bellotte at the West Boca Eye Center for some concerns with my vision. I was nervous about the appointment, but felt at ease the moment I walked into the gorgeous facility thanks to the warm greeting by his staff. Things only got better from there. Dr. Bellotte greeted me like family, he really listened to my concerns, he was very thorough and made sure I understood the results of the exam.
in Port St. Lucie, FL |
My visit was pleasant and professional. Dr. Bellotte was on time, his questions and thorough eye-testing were guided to pinpoint the reason for my visit. After all my testing was completed, he proceeded to explain the treatment that would benefit me greatly. I was impressed all around by his respect, courtesy, and efficiency, and his entire staff.
in Miami, FL |
Had cataract surgery and now i dont need glasses. MY vision improved and dr bellotte makes me feel comfortable and i trust him only
in Miami, FL |
I highly recommend west boca eye center to everyone interested in having the best eye care
in Coral Springs Fl |
I am so impressed with Dr Bellotte and his staff. So efficient. So happy I changed doctors. Highly recommend. Thank you. - Barbara Taylor
in Hialeah, FL |
I was a first time patient at doctor bellottes office and I had such a great experience! I totally recommend his office it's so professional clean and friendly staff
in Miami, FL |
Going to dr bellottes office feels like home. The staff is so friendly and he is professional and makes the eye exam be smooth
in Miami, FL |
I've been coming to Dr bellotte for 3 years. It's always a flawless experience. From the staff to the doctor I give this office 5 stars and if I could rate them 10 stars I would !
in Miami, FL |
Every time i visit a doctors office its an uncomfortable situation l, staff is never friendly. I go to west boca eye center and i have a fantastic experience. Dr bellotte is friendly and professional. 5 stars!!
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr bellotte is like family to me I have been coming here for 7 years and all my family members goes to his office. He is caring and professional and his staff is very friendly
in Miami, FL |
Had my first appointment at West boca eye center and i had a great experience. Front desk friendly and the Doctor professional and patient
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Bellotte has been an awesome doctor, shows concern and very attentive to his patient.. I feel I am in the best hands, the staff is always courteous and prompt about my visits. Anyone looking for a experienced doctor that actually cares, make an appointment now.
in Sunrise, FL |
I had not been to an ophthalmologist in many years, but decided to find someone who will listen to my issues and give guidance on how to proceed with my treatment. I've finished two cataract surgeries, both eyes were fitted with the standard monocular lenses. My new sight is amazing. The surgeries went very well and were painless. Great choice I made with choosing Dr. Bellotte.
in Coral Springs, FL |
I recently underwent retinal repair laser surgery by Dr. Bellotte. He is very focused on what he is doing and has assembled a very qualified staff and very busy practice. I was worried about pain from the laser retina repair, but there was virtually none. Once he gets inside the eyeball he moves quickly to skillfully finish the job. Excellent physician!
in Lake Worth, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Bellotte if you're in search of a top grade doctor and surgeon. I've been under his care for my Diabetic Retinopathy. The staff is professional and very friendly. Great medical office atmosphere!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
It was the best first visit as a new patient that left me with confidence that I might not have glaucoma. All testing was done during my initial visit, very little wait between tests. One more visit to monitor pressure in a.m. to get a true reading. Dr. Bellotte even checked angles before dilating. Made me feel safe and confident in his expertise. Staff was polite and informative.
in Miami, FL |
I have been coming to doctor bellotte since he started the practice. I trust my eyesight only with him. He performed cataract surgery in both eyes and my vision is outstanding. Highly recommended
in Miami, FL |
Just finish my first set ignore cataract surgery. Thank you dr Bellotte and staff for the patience and understanding. I recommend this office 100%
in Newark, NJ |
I had cataract surgery in both eyes with dr bellotte and i can see my vision improved significantly. I can now see clearly and I thank him for spending many visits with me and being so patient
in Tampa, FL |
It's always a wonderful experience to visit west Boca eye center. Dr bellotte is such a caring patient and professional doctor and I can't thank him enough for all the visits he takes time with me and listens to my concerns
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Bellotte and his staff are fantastic!
in Miami, FL |
He performed cataract surgery to my grandma and now she has perfect vision. He is an amazing doctor and I have the pleasure to visit his office myself. Caring and professional doctor and staff
in Parkland, FL |
The West Boca Eye Center is very efficiently run. From the time you go into the office until the time you leave, the patient is made to feel like a unique individual. Everyone knows their job and gets the job done in a timely manner. Dr. Bellotte has a calming voice and mannerism and puts his patient at ease while conducting the examination.
in Wellington, FL |
Dr. Bellotte replaced the lens in my eye due to severe cataracts. I must say he and his staff are the finest and most professional medical team I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I wish all medical professionals were so dedicated and caring for their patients.
in Miami, FL |
Dr bellotte performed cataract surgery and improved my vision completely. I can't thank him enough for all the visits he spent with me listening to my concerns and always was patient caring and super professional.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Bellotte takes care of my husband and eye with first class. The office and the staff are so nice I feel like they are my family and I recommend this office all the time to my friends and anyone that wants to have the best doctor in South Florida
Have you seen Dr. Brent Bellotte, MD?

Visit Dr. Bellotte

Dr. Bellotte accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida