Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 67

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Grayslake, IL and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science / Chicago Medical School medical school in 1980. He is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ruff to book an appointment.

Northwestern Medical Group

Dr. Ruff's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ruff

3.2

Dr. Ruff?
  • Office environment (20)
  • Staff friendliness (18)
  • Appointment scheduling (17)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (7)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
Best Ophthalmologist. My son and I have seen him, and he was nothing but reassuring. He was friendlier than my husband's ophthalmologist. The staff at the Northwestern in Grayslake have always been my favorite.
Nov 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
Dr Bradley Ruff,,, you are speaking of one of the most outstanding ophthalmologists and cataract surgeons in the nation. I have worked in medicine for 40 years delivering babies.the best place to get advice on a good physician surgeon or otherwise are the nurses who work in the OR with these men and women. Every or nurse I spoke with either went to or gave advice to use D.R. Bradley Ruff. He is compassionate he is consistent he is an expert technician at his craft. 15 years after he did my cataracts and my lens implants I have 20/20 vision and no need for any type of glasses and my eyes and retinas are perfect. there is no better ophthalmologist in the North shore or probably in the northern hemisphere as far as I'm concerned.his explanations will be at the level that you can understand since I'm in medicine I got very in-depth explanations which I truly appreciate. Thank you Dr Ruff, for your excellent service to humanity and all those who come to you, Blessings , Anita Rolih
Anita Rolih – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
Dr. Ruff was rough. And at the time was the only ophthalmologist in my area covered by my insurance. I went in for my annual eye exam. And he was pissed that I wasted his time with coming to him for a plain eye exam. He was mad. Very unprofessional. Told him I’d report him to northwestern, because they wouldn’t want their physicians treating their patients that way.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Beverly – Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
Dr. Ruff is a dismissive, rude, unprofessional physician. I visited Dr. Ruff to examine a cyst that formed on my eyelid which was causing blurriness and dry eye. He dismissed my concerns, downplayed the severity of my symptoms, and tried to suggest “Some people have a bump for the rest of their lives. It will cause blurriness and lubrication problems but won’t hurt your vision” as an appropriate treatment strategy. I waited a month for this appointment for Dr. Ruff to basically tell me to “get over it.” I won't be returning. He treated me like an inconvenience and failed to care for me as a patient.
May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
Dr Ruffs bedside manner as something to be desired. I had cataract surgery for mono vision and was told I would not need to wear glasses. After surgery and final check up I asked about the cloudiness he said to me “you got what you asked for”. At that point he couldn’t wait to get me out of the office. I am now getting a second opinion. If I drive with my right eye closed. I wouldn’t recommend him ever
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Karen Ashley in Gurnee, IL – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
Dr. Ruff’s bedside manner left much to be desired. He was rather dismissive of my condition and my eye has gotten worse since I’ve seen him. He put me on a medication that my internist thought was not a good choice given its many side effects and the questionable impact it would effect. I’m seeing another doctor today hopefully to get condition I came in for properly treated. I would not recommend this doctor to anybody. His technical assistant, however, was wonderful.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Northwest Suburbs – Jul 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
Stay away from this Doctor. I was in the process of moving to a small town without any ophthalmologists and made an appointment with Dr. Ruff before moving to see if I needed cataract surgery. Dr. Ruff was like a car salesman telling me that I should have cataract surgery now. He promised my vision would be greatly improved and that I would be able to see the tennis ball much better; not with Dr. Ruff incompetence. His lack of skill made my vision significantly worse than before the surgery.
Jan 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
I have been Dr Ruff's patient for over 20 years. My husband and 3 sons are too. We have all had excellent care and understanding from him and his staff. We are thankful to be in his capable hands.
Sharon Stavropoulos in Wilmette, IL – Oct 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
I felt he gave me a fair amt of time and explained everything. I hesitate to return because of his office staff. They were incredibly rude and unprofessional from the start. The staff made the ov that more stressful. I was quoted one price over the phone and it doubled at ov. I was in shock since it is all out of pocket (and I'm on a fixed income). When I saw the dr I was still stunned and forgot to ask questions. Mistakes happen; how it's handled shows their lack of competency/professionalism.
shocket in North Chicago, IL – Aug 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
I scheduled an appointment after a car accident. I was concerned about my eye health after a blow from the airbags left me with two black eyes. Dr Ruff was very kind and professional as was his staff and even with the construction at the hospital his office was easily accessible.
KB in Gurnee, IL – Aug 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
If you could give zero stars that would be more appropriate. My daughter was sent to see Dr Ruff by an urgent care center. She is in the middle of an autoimmune reaction with her eye. She saw another doctor who was not in his office. Her pain was a 10 and moving to other parts of her eye. Dr was extremely rude. Dismissed her without any assistance with her pain or further examination of possible additional reasons for her pain. Find someone else
Algonquin, IL – Jul 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
Dr. Ruff explained to me that most of his patients had 'real' medical issues. From this I inferred he felt I was wasting his time. He complained his office staff had 'squeezed me in' for no reason. I received a referral from my internist, called to make an appointment. I am not responsible for his admin staff, nor knowledgable of their inner workings. After examining my eyes, he said that my issue was common with 'my rosacea'. I don't have rosacea. His tone, and actions were condescending.
HW in Lake Forest, IL – Jul 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
Did not take care of problem and almost lost sight in my good eye! Wheaton Eye Clinc saved the day and my sight!
Ken Sparky in Antioch Illinois – Feb 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ruff?

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Ruff's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Ulcer
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Dr. Ruff accepts

Dr. Ruff accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

Over the past 20 years in practice, I’ve been blessed with the privilege of participating in the miracle of ever improving technology. It’s...Read more

• Ophthalmology