Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD

Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Lake Forest, IL. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Ruff is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Northwestern Medical Group

900 N Westmoreland Rd Ste LL84

Lake Forest, IL 60045

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Ruff

Over the past 20 years in practice, I’ve been blessed with the privilege of participating in the miracle of ever improving technology. It’s mind boggling to contemplate the enormous impact in the quality of life that has occurred because of how these advances have allowed us to care for ocular disease. However, it is never far from my thoughts that in the end, medicine is about human tissue, being taken care of by human beings, with equipment designed by humans. Therefore, those of us capable of using these miraculous tools must consistently meld the talents of our hearts, our minds and our hands in order to achieve the best results possible. As with Horowitz on the piano, Roger Federer with his racquet or Dr. King giving a speech, medicine ultimately is a personal expression that goes so much beyond just the literature, and the technology. Continually contemplating the beauty of the process along with knowing the beauty of the tissue creates the joy when you know you’ve made a difference in the life of a patient. I have always felt it to be an honor that each patient comes to see me, or allows me to perform surgery. You will find this feeling permeating each Envision Eye Center, dedicated to providing you with a truly heartfelt experience.

Video

Experience for Dr. Ruff

Gain confidence in your healthcare decisions by comparing quality indicators on our provider profiles: education, board certification, years of practice, patient experience, and now Top Care Areas, which gives frequency in conditions treated or procedures performed. More about finding the right doctor for you

Top Care Areas for Dr. Ruff by Patient Volume

Corneal Erosion

Dr. Ruff's volume for this condition ranks within the 100th percentile in our national data set.

Contusion of the Eyeball

Dr. Ruff treated this condition for more patients than 99% of his peers nationwide.

Diabetic Cataracts

Need Other Care?

Discover how Dr. Ruff compares to peers nationwide for your care needs.

?

Where our data comes from - The data you see on providers' Healthgrades profiles comes from both the provider and public sources. The Top Care Areas section uses public data from billing claims that providers submit to insurance companies. That data is filed nationwide on behalf of the provider to either the government or a private health insurance company.

How we evaluate our data - Patient volume is analyzed by provider and compared nationally with all providers who perform the same procedure, or treat the same condition. We organize the volume data in percentile ranking from 'may perform' for the lowest claims volume to 'Very High' for the highest claims volume data. For a given condition or procedure, performance categories are defined based on 80%, 90%, and 95% confidence intervals from the average patient volume for all providers in our database. Providers identified as ‘may perform’ do not have sufficient volume for Healthgrades to create a statistical evaluation.

Are you Dr. Ruff?

Learn more about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoblastoma

• Pterygium Surgery
  • Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science / Chicago Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center

Dr. Ruff has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ruff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ruff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ruff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ruff to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Ruff's Performance
in Wilmette, IL |
I have been Dr Ruff's patient for over 20 years. My husband and 3 sons are too. We have all had excellent care and understanding from him and his staff. We are thankful to be in his capable hands.
in North Chicago, IL |
I felt he gave me a fair amt of time and explained everything. I hesitate to return because of his office staff. They were incredibly rude and unprofessional from the start. The staff made the ov that more stressful. I was quoted one price over the phone and it doubled at ov. I was in shock since it is all out of pocket (and I'm on a fixed income). When I saw the dr I was still stunned and forgot to ask questions. Mistakes happen; how it's handled shows their lack of competency/professionalism.
in Gurnee, IL |
I scheduled an appointment after a car accident. I was concerned about my eye health after a blow from the airbags left me with two black eyes. Dr Ruff was very kind and professional as was his staff and even with the construction at the hospital his office was easily accessible.
Algonquin, IL |
If you could give zero stars that would be more appropriate. My daughter was sent to see Dr Ruff by an urgent care center. She is in the middle of an autoimmune reaction with her eye. She saw another doctor who was not in his office. Her pain was a 10 and moving to other parts of her eye. Dr was extremely rude. Dismissed her without any assistance with her pain or further examination of possible additional reasons for her pain. Find someone else
in Lake Forest, IL |
Dr. Ruff explained to me that most of his patients had 'real' medical issues. From this I inferred he felt I was wasting his time. He complained his office staff had 'squeezed me in' for no reason. I received a referral from my internist, called to make an appointment. I am not responsible for his admin staff, nor knowledgable of their inner workings. After examining my eyes, he said that my issue was common with 'my rosacea'. I don't have rosacea. His tone, and actions were condescending.
in Antioch Illinois |
Did not take care of problem and almost lost sight in my good eye! Wheaton Eye Clinc saved the day and my sight!
Have you seen Dr. Bradley Ruff, MD?
Are you Dr. Ruff?