Dr. Brad Ward, MD

Dr. Brad Ward, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Brad Ward, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Bend, OR and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from University of Mississippi in 1990 and specializes in neurosurgery.Read his story

2200 NE Neff Rd Ste 200

Bend, OR 97701

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • First Choice Health

Learn about Dr. Ward

See how frequently Dr. Ward performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Spine Disorders
high

Dr. Ward's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ward's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ward "Dr. Ward is a board certified neurosurgeon that specializes in treating complex spine and brain conditions with a patient centered approach. He is highly regarded by his patients, Dr. Ward listens closely to your problems and takes the time to explain all of the risks and benefits of the various treatment options. When surgery is necessary, it is performed in the least invasive way possible to shorten recovery times and reduce pain. Dr. Ward's interest in medicine began at an early age. His father was a veterinarian and as a high school senior in Mississippi, he became an EMT. That work exposed him to patient care and the inner workings of a small hospital, leading him to pursue a career in medicine. During medical school at the University of Mississippi, Dr. Ward worked with a group of neurosurgeons for a summer and the experience convinced him that he wanted to specialize in neurosurgery. Dr. Ward joined The Center's team of expert neurosurgeons in 2001."

• Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Mississippi State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University of Mississippi
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • University Hospital, Jackson, Mississippi

Dr. Ward has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ward does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ward and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ward's Reviews

2.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ward to family and friends

Dr. Ward's Performance

Dr. Ward Says:
"

Thank you for your feedback so The Center can continually improve our services. If you have a concern or want to share your success story, please contact us at info@thecenteroregon.com. Thanks!

"

Shortly after having my back fused 2 years ago I lost my insurance. I have been in pain ever since but Dr Ward won't see me because even though he and hospital got over $80,000.00, I still owe $260.00. He always seemed pompous when I met with him and spent as little time as possible with me. Said...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi, We are sorry your experience didn't meet expectations, please contact us at communityrelations@thecenteroregon.com if we can help resolve the issue. Thank you for your feedback.

I've been in Medical for 15 years and the entire experience was absolutely negative. I waited 50 mins in a waiting room, all for a PA to come in and spend 8 minutes with me, then waited for another 15 minutes for Dr.Ward to come in and say he can't help me because I'm pregnant. He did prescribe me...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Dr. Brad Ward I am writing this, because I can not contain my anger and outrage over your demeanor towards my brother, David Howey, when you spoke with him on the phone July 15th. You all but called him a liar concerning his symptoms. I do not know if this is from experience with drug seeking...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very friendly, explained my options before surgery, helped in making my final decision. I?m very happy; I am no longer in pain.