Dr. Brad Simons, MD

Dr. Brad Simons, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Brad Simons, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Jupiter, FL. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

2141 S Alternate A1A Ste 210

Jupiter, FL 33477

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Simons

See how frequently Dr. Simons performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foreign Body Removal from Eye
Chalazion
Blindness

Dr. Simons's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• U Pa-Scheie Eye Inst
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Bascom Palmer Eye Inst
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Simons has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Simons does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Simons and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Simons' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Simons to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Simons' Performance
in Miami, FL |
I recommend him his great with kids
Port Saint Lucie, FL |
HORRIBLE besides the wait, the staff is terrible. Upon arriving and being told I would wait at least 3 hours for my infant to be seen, I advised them I would have to reschedule. A month later they charged my insurance over 500.00 for absolutely nothing. My son never went past the waiting room! when I called the office they treated me like I was a crazy lady and told me my son seen a tech which he did not. I tried numerous times to resolve the issue and got nowhere. This place is a joke!
The waiting room is always full, you can wait for hours to have a 5 minute consultation. This is not a one time occurrence either, it has happened with every single appointment. The Doctor, when you finally see him, seems rushed and ready to see the next patient. Get another doctor if you can.
in Jupiter, FL |
Nightmare. Rude staff who makes you wait hours without ever seeing doctor. This happened on two occasions. Office manager should not be working with people.
Miami, FL |
The worst wait time ever! How does a patient have a 10:50am appointment and still be waiting in the waiting room at 12:30pm. Ridiculous service. Lousy staff. Worst appointment setting I've experienced. How do people who've arrived after us get called back? Funny how all of those people were hispanic. Guess I'm the wrong ethnicity.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Simons is such a great Doctor, I am so glad we were referred to him for my daughter. He saved us from a huge surgery and did a great job on her eye. I would highly recommend him.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
Wait was insanely long, but worth it. Thank you Dr. Simmons and team!
in Vero Beach, FL |
Bring a good book. You will have quite a wait but Dr Simons gives you 100% of his attention and caring when he enters the room. He brought some of the staff into my exam and taught while he examined my injured eye. That gave me more information as well. I felt I was in the best hands from the very first exam.
in Hollywood, FL |
3 three hour wait dirty waiting room. Staff was very inexperienced with children. We saw three different technicians and all three had a different reading. We saw the doctor for all of about three minutes. We got a second opinion and prescription was different then received at this office.
in Jupiter, FL |
First of all the wait is 3 hours in a not so clean waiting room. Patients come in after you and because they are existing patients they are ushered right in. We waited 3 hours the Dr didn't even exam my daughter he has his staff do all the work. After waiting to see the Dr he came into the room did not even wash his hands I guess that doesn't matter because he didn't exam my child shone a flashlight in her eyes and said she's fine but still need a follow up I think she has allergies.
in West Palm Beach |
Brought my daughter in to see him for eye muscle surgery consult. Dr. Simons was very caring and was able to calm my nerves about the surgery. Would highly recommend him!
in Jupiter, FL |
Dr. Simons has no respect for a patient's time. He treats patients like they have nothing but a full day to spend in his office. He has staff do one procedure and places the patient back in the waiting area over and over. There is no coordination whatsoever. Staff is very nice but they treat this waiting as totally normal. I've been there three times before I realized enough is enough. I do not have 3-4 hours to spend most of the time sitting and waiting for an available room.
The wait time is over 3 hours and the technician doesn't know what she is doing. After waiting for so long they didn't even got my kids prescription right. I will not be returning.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
the wait is so long to see the doctor. plus people come in after us and they get to be seen before us and that's not fair at all when we have been wait for about one hour in half close to two hours with three children. the doctor is great but the wait time is one of the worse things the office has.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
He made me feel very comfortable. Has a nice personality and very knowledgeable.
in Florida |
Arrived for the appointment at 2:30. Was not checked in until an hour later. The appoint was not complete until minutes before 6pm. The lady who checked us in was rude and the office manager ran out before we could complain. Dr. Simons is amazing. But the appointment time of having everyone come in at the same time needs to stop. They have be doing this for yrs.
Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Simons is a very good clinician. His office has a problem with time management & scheduling. Of the 5 scheduled appts. I have had, I had to wait 2 1/2/ hours to 3 hours each time which is not acceptable. He either needs to schedule less patients in time slots or schedule non-Medicaid appts. on different dates than the medicaid or have someone do a time study and see what is bogging the system down.
in Palm City, FL |
I was very excited when I made my appointment. The office staff (Melissa) was amazing. She was courteous and extremely helpful. Upon arrival at the office it was cramped, dated, and dirty. I waited over an hour (past my appointment time) to be seen. Doing this with an active 1 year old is next to impossible. There is nothing for children to do while waiting and no room for them to be entertained even by parents. Dr. Simons gave us all of 2 min and told us to return in a week. No chance of that!
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Simons has a very busy practice. I cannot complain about the long wait when I see all the little children who are also waiting to be tested and seen. Most people waiting are friendly and sometimes we engage in interesting conversations.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
He is the best eye doctor we have ever had. His diagnostic abilities and his insight into our vision problems are outstanding.
in Jupiter, Fl |
The receptionist behind that glass window is the most rude contradicting liar EVER. The billing manager called for my appointment I had scheduled to let me know I will be paying this amount. The receptionist tells me different and says the billing manager told me I still owe this amount from last visit plus the amount for the scheduled visit, which was a huge argument, I had the voicemail proof.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
I would not recommend going to this office. The receptionist is rude and I would not wish a 2 hour wait on anyone! The staff in back is friendly and helpful, I like the Dr however my time is valuable and not worth the wait. I have to drive from Port Saint Lucie and drive back, I really dont want to spend my whole afternoon at a Dr.'s office.
in Jupiter, FL |
Dr. Simons is very cheerful and skilled, he immediately takes care of our needs and addresses any problems. He has a very good staff and there is a wait, but well worth it. Seeing all age groups takes patience on everyone's behalf and being one of the few Medicaid providers in the area it can be frustrating. My complaint is only with the patients who have bad attitudes. I am thankful for the excellent care.
in Port St Lucie Fl |
Was very impressed with Dr Simons. The only reason the office waiting area appeared busy at times was because some patients choose to bring every family member along to their appointment for one child ! The staff I found helpful and polite. The wait time was a little longer than I would of liked but still not unreasonable. We were back for 4 different appointments. I would highly recommend Dr Simons.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
The only problem is the waiting time, it goes from 1 1/2 to two hours.
in Jupiter, F |
i have been a patient of Dr Simons for many years. I think he and his staff are very attentive, thorough and friendly. My main objective is the wait time and the overcrowded waiting rooms. I hope that the expansion will help that situation.
West Palm Beach, FL |
Office staff was terrible. Waited for over 2 hours!!!
in Vero Beach, FL |
I find that the office lacks warmth from the staff...They are Just Doing Their Job I am not too sure if this reflects Dr. Simons or his older office manager who excels in negativity. The Doctor is well known and knowledgeable in his field. .I find a distance with the staff..Example: In March upon check out I was given some eye patches..as I checked out in April I said Oh I need more eye patches .Abruptly and unkindly I was told you can buy them in any pharmacy..I did not expect them.
in Jupiter, FL |
Very knowledgeable and took his time with my daughter.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
Dr Simons is very kind and takes time with you. He found a problem that I was not ever told I had. No other Dr had ever found it. Thank you Dr Simons.
Was referred to Dr Simons for my sons eye turn in. The entire visit was 3.5 hours long with the Dr only being 5 mins of it. I understand that the techs can gather information and the Dr can read it. But when Dr Simons walked into the room he had no idea my sons name. He had to search through the paperwork. Also he never even looked into my sons eye and said he needed surgery. Said come back in a week to see how's he's doing. Then walked out did' even say what was wrong with my son.
Very brief.
in Hutchinson Island, FL |
The routine semi-annual exams are taking over 2.5 hours to complete. Yesterday, I arrived at the office 20 minutes before my scheduled appointment. The large waiting room was standing room only. I was not called in for examination until over 1 hour AFTER my scheduled appointment time. I was then placed into a waiting room twice again and it was more than 2-1/2 hours after my scheduled appointment time, before my routine exam was completed and I left the office. This is a typical visit.
West Palm Beach, FL |
too long of a wait with appointment
in Palm Beach Gardens, Fl |
We sat in the office for over three hours upon completion we were told in the end that my son can go look at glasses and could have been told the whole time we're there to go look for the glasses because it was covered by her insurance when we finally went in there after 3 1/2 hours at the office the woman notified us that our insurance did not cover any of their glasses
I was in the office almost 3 hours. Way too long and unnecessary.
Port st Lucie Florida |
My only complaint with this office has always been the crowded waiting area and long wait times. Now that they have remodeled you don't feel like you are sitting on top of other people and the wait has been drastically reduced. The doctor and his staff are wonderful. They take the time to listen and have never been rude. My son has been going there for about three years now, and I will continue to go there for as long as possible.
Miami, FL |
love everyone .great with kids ..only very long wait times ..
Miami, FL |
We love Dr Simons. He's very patient with the kids and they call him their favorite dr. The staff is very friendly as well.
in Tequesta, FL |
I have experienced substantial relief from my dry eyes under Dr. Simons care. While I still experience dryness, my eyes are no longer blurry.
in Miami, FL |
He is a very nice and respectful person who gives you a nice experience if you never have got your eyes checked.
Miami, FL |
Dr. Simons is wonderful. I have been very impressed with my grandson's surgeries to correct his eyes. We have never had any problems after sugery either. He is an expert when it comes to applying the best methods to correct vision. He is open minded and will give you the time to listen to any concerns you might have. You are never rushed out of his office.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I enjoyed his bedside manner and liked that he has expanded his office!
Have you seen Dr. Brad Simons, MD?
Are you Dr. Simons?