Dr. Brad Penenberg, MD

Dr. Brad Penenberg, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Brad Penenberg MD 120 S Spalding Dr Ste 400 Beverly Hills, CA 90212 Get Directions

Dr. Brad Penenberg, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Beverly Hills, CA. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Penenberg is affiliated with Cedars - Sinai Medical Center and Northridge Hospital Medical Center.

Dr. Penenberg's Experience

See how Dr. Penenberg's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Penenberg

Dr. Penenberg accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Penenberg has admitting privileges.

Dr. Penenberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Penenberg to family and friends
    4.5
    Dr. Penenberg's Performance
    Los Angeles, CA |
    In my third week of recovery, I can say that my hip replacement experience has been outstanding to date. I was able to walk the day of surgery and went home after one night in the hospital. While not wanting to minimize the challenges of recovery (this is major surgery after all), follow up has been excellent. Dr. P's office uses email to check in with my status each day, and all arrangements for home health care and physical therapy have been flawless. Than you Dr. Pennenberg.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Each and every interaction with Dr. Penenberg and staff has been excellent. The response time of anything that i needed, was quick and through/. Most important, My surgery has completely alleviated my pain. I am grateful to Dr. Penenberg.
    in Lancaster CA |
    He is not only a very skilled surgeon, he is very caring. He explains everything well and answers any questions without rushing you. He is wonderful and I would recommend him to everyone..
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Very talented Orthopedic Surgeon who takes his words seriously and precisely as evidenced by the clean lines and little after-care required after the operations. The hospital attendants tell you that only Dr Penenberg's patients can get up and walk out of there to go home the next day. I could walk without any aide 14 days after the surgery. I would recommend Dr Penenberg to anyone who needs this surgery
    in Torrance, CA |
    Dr. Penenberg did my knee replacement 3 years ago and it was an amazing experience with a much quicker recovery than I expected. When I needed my hip replaced I went back to Dr. Penenberg. It has only been two weeks but again my recovery has been more than amazing. I went home from the hospital the same day, have had very little pain and will be returning to work next week. Dr. Penenberg is absolutely the best in his field, he cares about his patients and never rushes you out of the office.
    in West Hollywoods, CA |
    There is no finer doctor that I know of - and hear of - for hip and knee replacement. Dr. PENENBERG has done 3e of my 3 hip/knee replacement surgeries.
    in Rancho Palos Verdes |
    Dr.Penenberg was nothing short of excellent in terms of all of my dealings with him. Due to a lung issue I have he took into consideration whether or not I should stay in the hospital overnight after my surgery. Fortunately he discharged me the evening after my surgery as I was recovering well. He thoroughly explained how he would fix my leg length discrepancy when he replaced my hip. He is a not a one method fits all surgeon. You will be treated based on your individual joint needs.
    in Burbank, CA |
    I was quite surprised at how charming Dr. Penenberg was when I met him. I thought he would run from room to room and spend 10 minutes with each patient. This pre-judgment was based on a 2 1/2 hour wait to see him. But, he spent a half hour with me - explaining the procedure, asking me if I had questions, going over health history and genuinely caring that I got the best treatment possible. His waiting room was filled to the brim because he is THE BEST! Post-Op was only a 30 minute wait.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Penenberg is the best. He came highly recommended by all my doctors and friends. He has quite a following due to all the recommendations and that means a wait. Due to his procedure, healing time is fast. Dr. Penenberg and his staff are wonderful.
    in Culver City, CA |
    This is a very good Surgen ,but after that may god be with you , he has the most Horrible wiating time period , my brother had his knee surgery by the first of the mount, they said 21 after is his Post-surgery to remove the stitches , not only that they did not even call , when we called to ask what now ? They gave us a month and half after appointment that meant my brother had to wait for 75 days for his stitches , it's not worth it , find another doctor.there are better ones , it's not worth d
    in Camarillo, CA |
    Dr. Brad Penenberg is an amazing surgeon with extremely nice bedside manner. I felt so confident in his ability to help me through my extensive hip replacement. I would venture to say that most people in the orthopedic field across the nation know of his outstanding reputation. His team was amazing and very attentive post surgery.
    in Santa Cruz, CA |
    Dr.pennenberg is not only an awesome surgeon , but hes human , kind , and actually gives a ---t .He listens to understand the patients life goals!! The one odd thing is he said that this health loop isn't really his. Me as a patient i thought i was actually talking with him . He said he doesnt really see this. So i stopped answering questions. The other thing theres never a place to comment when questions asked. Thats the only reason i signed into this so i could comment. Thank you Denise
    Santa Barbara, CA |
    He has done 2 hip replacements and one knee. I think he is a terrific surgeon.
    in San Pedro, CA |
    My first visit with Dr.Penenberg was the best choice I made in my life. When he examined me and review the X-rays he explained to me about the procedure he was going to preform on me to fix my painful daily hip experience and I do mean painful and all the stress associated with it not to mention the sleepless nights . I had THR MIS Direct posterior surgery on February 13 , 2017 and I am truly amazed and thankful for having being blessed to have Dr Penenberg do his miracles on me. God Bless
    Los Angeles, CA |
    EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE IN EVERY WAY.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I totally respect the skill level of DrPeneberg and his associates and so far pleased with results.However I am extremely unhappy with the fact that the I waited an hour and a half the first time and almost two hours the second time in the dismal waiting room. I talked with the office mgr who made ridiculous excuses for the waits when I asked the reason.I do not object to a half hour or so but up to two hours is disrespectful. Surely with all the patients seen one could factor in emergencies .
    Calabasas, CA |
    I highly recommend Dr. Penenberg. He is a talented surgeon. Both of my knees were very deformed and "knock kneed". I had the worst one done 4 months ago and it went so well, I just had the second knee replaced. I had no infection. I won't say it isn't painful but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Certainly not any worse than the daily pain I was experiencing with my old knees. If you need a knee or hip replacement, don't put it off. You will be happy with Dr. Penenberg.
    in los angeles, ca |
    I am extremely happy that I chose Dr. Penenberg for my knee replacement surgery. He explained everything ahead of time and so far, he has been right about everything. I will definitely recommend Dr. Penenberg to anyone that asks for a recommendation.
    Simi Valley, CA |
    Dr. Brad Penenberg is an excellent surgeon. I would highly recommend him for hip replacement surgery.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Penenberg is a fabulous surgeon! He listened to my concerns before the operation and answered everything very honestly. For me, most importantly, the pain has been under control. He has everything well organized for the post surgery PT and you can always reach the office for an answer to any concerns you may have.
    in Culver City, CA |
    Dr. Penenberg is a hip magician. Everything about him and his entire staff is so calming, professional, warm, caring and excellent - just having him be your doctor makes everything better. He not only listened to my unique concerns, he went the extra mile for me - and so I felt so much more prepared.... I got up and around so fast, I'm really just amazed, and hope the rest of rehab goes this well. Thank you, Dr. Penenberg!
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Great Dr for both hip an knee replacement. Warm and informative and easy to work with. The only negative is the high amount of waiting time to see the Dr. The booking should be changed, wait hours is NOT fun
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I made an appointment to see Dr. Penenberg and told the office staff I had an MRI disk taken two days prior. My primary care doctor had also taken an x-ray, but the staff did not request that I bring it - just the MRI. Upon arrival at the office I waited for nearly an hour when they informed me that I needed an x-ray in addition to the MRI or I could not see the doctor. I was unable to get my primary care physician to email the x-ray so I was told I could not see the doctor.
    Los Angeles, CA |
    Highly recommend Dr Penenberg Office very poor returning calls. Took 5 business days for response about aftercare.
    in Ventura, CA |
    The absolute, unquestioning BEST. I was walking the same day after surgery for a full hip replacement.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Impressive surgeon. But I'm only 20 days past my knee replacement and have far more healing and therapy to do.
    in Newbury Park, CA |
    the office staff seems very busy/ they do not return calls in a timley manner. Dr Penenberg answers all questions fully. There are no unanswered questions just the expected pain.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Penenberg listens and is personable. His competence is well established, and he and the staff are well organized. This doctor performed over 900 total knee replacements in 2015, and there is no substitute for this amount of experience and the insight that it brings.
    in Woodland Hills CA |
    The entire experience could not have been better. I was informed and had great confidence in Dr B and his team.
    in Woodland Hills, CA |
    Only best experience. Strongly recommend.
    He is a top notch surgeon - you will get excellent care. Expect to wait to see him sometimes in his office - but you will be happy you did.
    in Long Beach, CA |
    He listens to you, very patient and kind. He addresses your problems and explains the procures.also an excellent surgeon .
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr.Penenberg is great ! He did my hip replacement surgeries in September & December of this year & I am recovering nicely . Looking forward to a better life without pain ! Many thanks Dr.Peneberg !
    in Downey, CA |
    Dr. Penenberg was very patient and thorough in reviewing my x-rays, explaining my hip procedure and answering all of my questions. This was going to be my first major surgery and although I had no doubt that I was in the excellent hands of the very best, I was still very anxious prior to our consultation appointment. By the end of our meeting I could not wait to schedule my surgery and I was eagerly looking forward to it. Dr. Penenberg's quiet confidence was very reassuring.
    in Camarillo, CA |
    He clearly loves the work he does and strives for excellence He has an extraordinary staff His surgical team is a happy and dedicated group
    in Woodland Hills, CA |
    Dr. Penenberg sets the standard for skill, proficiency, expertise and on top of it all, he's a humble and caring human being. There is NONE BETTER in his field of orthopedic surgery!
    in Fallbrook, CA |
    I found Dr. Penenberg through a friend's recommendation after having both knees replaced by him. I also checked Castle and Connelly, "Top Doctors in America". I even asked a retired head of anesthesiology at Northwestern in Chicago and got very favorable comments—" superb, the best". When meeting Dr. Penenberg I found him to be very direct and to the point on what needed to be accomplished. I also appreciated his expertise and confidence. Hats off.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr.Penenberg is without a doubt the most personable, professional and competent orthopedic surgeon that you will ever meet. Also, his PA; Michelle Riley is easily accessible to answer any questions or concerns you might have, both pre/post surgery. Dr. Penenberg's office staff has excellent patient communication skills. I have had 2 total hip replacement surgeries with Dr. Penenberg; and both were incredible successes! The 3rd day after my surgery; I walked a mile with only using a cane!
    in Santa Monica, CA |
    Superbly skilled surgeon with a very compentent staff and support crew. The only negative is wait time in the office whitch can be excessive, due no doubt to his popularity.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    We had the best of the best experience with Dr. Penenberg recently. My father is 85 and has recently had his hip replacement surgery with Dr. Penenberg. He was very worried about the surgery before and had many questions for Dr. Penenberg. After the surgery, he felt he has a new life, he got rid of his walker in 10 day and is so happy with his life after his new hip. All of Dr. Penenberg's team is just incredibly helpful and thoughtful and I can not say enough nice things about them.
    La Quinta, CA |
    He was attentive and addressed my concerns. He provided an excellent surgical outcome and followed up online after surgery. I felt very secure in his care.
    in Long Beach, CA |
    I interviewed 6 orthopedists before deciding on Dr. Penenberg. This was the right choice. He was the only MD who was paying attention and made the most sense. I had a year old MRI. Three of the MDs noticed that it was a year old. He was the only one to say "Let's get a new one." and ordered it which made the difference in what kind of operation I was going to get. His office is the most responsive by far. I can email them and get a response back which lowers my anxiety level a lot.
    Knowledgeable, compassionate, responsive
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    12 days out of surgery and the healing process has been seamless and comfortable. The operation went as planned, the Cedar Sinai staff very professional and helpful , the home care similarly. I am very pleased with the results to date.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    The entire experience with Penenberg and staff has been seamless,and while i am only 12 days post bilateral hip replacement,i can sense that the procedures went well.
    Los Angeles, CA |
    I had a great experience using Dr.Penenberg for a hip replacement. The entire process from initial visit to see him, to scheduling the surgery, the time at the hospital and follow up care were very good. Most important, Dr. Penenberg's expertise doing this type of surgery is excellent. I was out of the hospital and went home the same day as the surgery! Less than two weeks after, I'm walking completely unassisted and driving, etc.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Penenberg is a great surgeon. He is not a 'warm and fuzzy person' but gives you the facts in a business like manner and seems happy to answer questions. The outcome of my knee replacement surgery could not have been better. I was very happy with the support staff at the doctors office and quite impressed with the services offered at Cedars Hospital.
    in Beverly Hills, CA |
    I now understand why people come from all over the world to see him. The nurses at the hospital said that if he operated on me, there would be no problems. And...there were no problems!
    in Los Angeles, calif |
    To the point, accurate information excellant doctor
    in Granada Hills, CA |
    Just recently had my right knee replaced. The whole experience was easy and pain free. This is my 2nd week and I'm up and walking with a cane which is what he said would happen. His front office and assistants were responsive and helpful. Follow his instructions and your healing process will be excellent.
    Have you seen Dr. Brad Penenberg, MD?
    Are you Dr. Penenberg?

Dr. Penenberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Penenberg has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Penenberg's Board Certifications

• Chondrocalcinosis
    • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
    • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Dupuytren's Contracture
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Femur Fracture
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Lupus
    • Marfan Syndrome
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
    • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee Surgery
    • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Nerve Block, Somatic