Dr. Brad Cohen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 53

Dr. Brad Cohen, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Poway, CA and has been practicing for 23 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Arch Health Medical Group

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen?
Dr. Cohen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Brad Cohen, MD
I had the best experience with Dr. Cohen and feel very fortunate to have had him work with me. He is honest, straight to the point and thorough. He is also very personable and funny which makes visits enjoyable. I highly recommend Dr. Cohen and his expertise!!
Paige Torsak – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
I had severe hip displacia, and was in need of complex hip replacement surgery. Brad Cohen executed this complex task with comprehensive professionalism and very successfully. Superb bed side manner. Extraordinarily good communicator who simplifies medical jargon. I would recommend him for any related procedures in the future, as he instills confidence in his patients (regardless of the task) and delivers extraordinary medical results.
Mike O'Neil – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen performed a Left Reverse Total Shoulder replacement surgery on May 1, 2019. With physical therapy sessions and his excellent recommendations for post op exercises, I have complete mobility and flexibility of the left arm and shoulder. I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen to anyone who is considering orthopedic surgery. He is a fantastic physician!
Judy – Feb 05, 2020
Thank you for your endorsement of Dr. Cohen. We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
Dr, Cohen is nothing short of amazing. He has done many things for me: a knee replacement, both hands for carpal tunnel, right shoulder rotator cuff surgery, left shoulder rotator cuff surgery, left shoulder reverse shoulder replacement. I trust him implicitly and would recommend him without hesitation.
Linda L Wydo – Feb 02, 2020
Thank you for putting your trust in Dr. Cohen....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
For the first time, I have had an excellent surgery from Dr Cohen, first time seeing him I put my total trust "All worth it". Excellent dr's visit, excellent surgery, and no to mention recuperation. Thank you DR. And staff I have already recommended him to 5 friend.??????
Juanita Perez – Jan 25, 2020
Thank you for your 5-star review. We are very...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
Thanks to Dr. Brad Cohen, 2019 was a fantastic year for me. In February, he replaced my right hip and in August my left hip. Today I have no pain and my flexibility has increased tremendously. Not only did Dr. Cohen perform two outstanding hip replacement surgeries on me, he also provided great care and guidance during consultations prior to surgery. He explained treatment options for my condition, which included physical therapy, medication and surgery. Together we determined the best approach for me. At every office visit, Dr. Cohen took time to answer my questions. He never hurried through the visit. His post-op consultations were of equal caliber. As an added bonus, Dr. Cohen is very friendly and approachable. I highly recommend Dr. Cohen to anyone experiencing hip, knee or shoulder trouble. You don't have to live in pain. He can and will help you. Thank you Dr. Cohen for improving my quality of life.
Ann O – Jan 21, 2020
Thank you so much for your 5-star review of Dr....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen provided a clear explanation to the procedure that was required to repair the damage and "tune up" my knee. Since about day three I was able to get around freely without any pain medication and go back to travelling for work. I followed the post surgery recommended rehabilitation and am very pleased with the results. Dr. Cohen patiently answered all the questions we had and the staff was helpful in coordinating insurance and the out patient process.
Jose Covarrubias – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
I have endured 13 knee surgeries, including to total knee replacements. Dr. Cohen has dones the latter half of them, including both replacements. I two fully working knees for the first time in 43 years. I am both shocked and extremely pleased that he was able to bring me back to where I am today.
Douglas Pence – Dec 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
I've been working with Dr. Cohen for over a year and a half now. He really is one of the kindest and most helpful doctors you'll ever meet. He's alway found space for me in emergencies. I finally had him replace my left knee 2 months ago and I could not be more happy with he results. It's a tough surgery, and that's when docs with honest compassion like him make all the difference! @ months out of surgery and I have a very good range of motion with only a few degrees left to get to full expected range of motion. I only use a cane when I have to walk a long distance or stand in place for a long time. He really cares about his patients - ALOT - and I recommend him highly to any one who wants an extremely qualified doctor with a fantastic bedside manner and great support staff.
Tracey Ödman – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
Highly Recommended Great smart Dr. Brad Steven Cohen. I can recommend Dr. Brad Steven Cohen to any one looking for a gret Doctor and Surgeon and he is a wonderful warm caring person too.He's got a lot of experience.He is very quickly identifies the problem. The Dr.had surgery on my two knees.After two weeks l went back to work.If l'll definitely go back to it.Don't lose your time to make an apoitment and it will help you.
Dzhafarova Irada in San Diego , CA – Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
My husband was operated on by Dr. Cohen over 5 years ago. It was a very successful operation, with the insertion of a pin in his hip. Our visit today was friendly and brief by the doctor, but the wait--over half an hour--by Alex on the gurney, me, and the ambulance drivers was unfortunate.
Apr 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is a very caring and compassionate surgeon. He takes the time to ensure an accurate diagnosis. I have had both knees replaced by him and each one was successful and spot on. In fact I am only 4 1/2 months post surgery on my left knee and I am already walking 2 miles a day. He follows your case from start to finish and works very diligently to make sure you are provided with the best physical therapy to ensure a successful recovery. You will no regret seeing Dr. Cohen.
C. Hicks in Poway, CA – Feb 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
Joint replacements are not trivial. Although I could have chosen any physician as we travel city to city, after reviewing Dr. Cohen’s preparation and experience, we decided upon him. His office is courteous and friendly. You aren’t left waiting for long times. Dr. Cohen is an exquisite clinical craftsman. I happily and highly recommend him without reservation. And my wife is a retired RN of 40 years medical experience, and shares this recommendation.
KJ4ZOY in Green Cove Sp – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Cohen for a reverse shoulder replacement. I was very nervous and not sure I wanted to go through with the surgery . I went in for my consultation and was so relieved and excited when I left the office! Dr. Cohen was amazing! And walked me through the whole process and made me feel at ease and excited to get back the movement in my arm/shoulder. I had my surgery and everything went amazing! It has been 2 months and I am feeling great! I highly recommend Dr. Cohen !!
Lydia in San Marcos , CA – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
Both my husband & myself have had the privilege of having Dr. Cohen as our surgeon for knees, ankles. What a new life he has given me! I'm so thankful that we received the recommendation for an excellent Dr. I was impressed with his confidence & knowledge & it gave me such a wonderful sense knowing as I fell asleep that I was in GOOD hands. Doctor & his staff are caring & kind. Good men & women who will make your life easier to survive & walk without yukky pain.
VICKI in SAN DIEGO, CA – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
I suffered from a distal biceps rupture on Thursday 9/7/17, I was concerned; I had a 3 week window to have surgery. Because of past experiences with OTHER Drs. I thought I might not get the surgery done in time. On Monday I saw Dr.Cohen and he soon put me at ease. He scheduled an MRI for that day, and once the injury was confirmed the operation was scheduled for the next week. I felt respect and concern from Dr. Cohen. The surgery was flawless. I recommend Dr. Cohen to everyone.
David in ESCONDIDO, CA – Feb 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
My wife has had problem with her hip for 30 years. Dr Cohen operated on her on Dec 13, for 45 mins. Less then 8 hrs she was pain free and walking. She only 5 times to physical therapy, and could walk up 6 flights of stair with out help or pain. Love this Doctor.
Sarah Stewart in Ramona, CA – Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
Dr Cohen was recommended to me by several people over other orthopedic surgeouns and I chose him for meniscus- and shoulder surgery within the last two years. It was the best choice I could have made. With Dr Cohen‘s expertise and experience, I have healed quickly and completely and have full function of knee and shoulder back. I also appreciate his personal, caring approach -the thorough explanations, the listening, understanding and accommodating. He is the best! Wonderful experience.
Vera Knox in San Marcos – Jan 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
My experience with Dr. Cohen was great! He clearly is passionate about what he does and his work is excellent. My range of motion is back, the incision scar is minimal and I am out living the active lifestyle I envisioned as the outcome of getting a new knee.
Diana in Carlsbad – Dec 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?
Skilled, smart.... and worked with my weird schedule! Had my meniscus surgery Monday morning at 8:00 a.m. and am completely healed in less than a week! Great team too. Great to work with someone who LOVES what they do!
Nancy K in Ramona ca – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brad Cohen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cohen?

Dr. Cohen accepts

Dr. Cohen accepts the following insurance:

Aetna EPO
Aetna POS
Aetna PPO
American Postal Workers Union Health Plan
American Postal Workers Union (APWU)
Anthem Blue Cross
Coventry Health Care
First Health
Covered California
Blue Cross Advantage PPO
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
United Healthcare HMO
Wells Fargo Insurance
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for California

Elbow

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.

Elbow Sprain

Dr. Cohen treats Elbow Sprain more than 95% of their peers

Elbow Injuries

Dr. Cohen treats Elbow Injuries more than 83% of their peers

Dr. Cohen treats this condition more than 83% of their peers

Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
high

Dr. Cohen treats Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow) more than 83% of their peers

Dr. Cohen treats this condition more than 83% of their peers

Shoulder/Upper Arm

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.

Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Cohen treats Shoulder Disorders more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Cohen treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis

Dr. Cohen treats Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis more than 92% of their peers

Dr. Cohen treats this condition more than 92% of their peers

Shoulder Impingement Syndrome

Dr. Cohen treats Shoulder Impingement Syndrome more than 90% of their peers

Dr. Cohen treats this condition more than 90% of their peers

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.

Knee Disorders

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture

Dr. Brad Cohen is a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in sports related injuries and joint replacement surgery. In addition to his residency training in Orthopedic Surgery, Dr. Cohen has advanced Fellowships in both arthroscopy and spor...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

1993
New England Med Center
1992
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cohen treats patients.

Palomar Medical Center Downtown Escondido

Escondido, CA
  • America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019)

Palomar Medical Center Poway

Poway, CA

69% Patient experience rating, Equal to the national average

Palomar Medical Center Escondido

Escondido, CA

76% Patient experience rating, 7% higher than the national average

• America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019)