Dr. Boyd Haynes III, MD

Dr. Boyd Haynes III, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Boyd Haynes III, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Newport News, VA. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

250 Nat Turner Blvd S

Newport News, VA 23606

(757) 596-1900

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Haynes III

See how frequently Dr. Haynes III performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Limb Pain
Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
Bursitis

Dr. Haynes III's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Haynes III "I treat all patients as I would myself or my family."

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Surgery

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Virginia Tech
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University Of Pennsylvania-Sports Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

• Top Doc Award, multiple y

Dr. Haynes III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Haynes III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Haynes III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Haynes III' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Haynes III to family and friends
Dr. Haynes III' Performance
in ?Newport News, VA, ? |
My experience with Dr. Haynes has been outstanding. He is friendly, yet very serious about your condition. I was to have carpel tunnel surgery and heard all the horror stories, he eased my mind. I was in and out of the hospital in 4 hours. I was out hunting in 3 days. Took one pain pill after the surgery and that was it. Very, very, very satisfied. It could have went any better. I will have him schedule the other hand next summer. Thank You Dr. Haynes. Recommend Dr. Haynes for all sur
Williamsburg, VA |
I have arthritis in my knees, Dr. Haynes is helping me have a better way of life through physical therapy until the day comes that replacement is needed. The PT group associated with OSC are professional and caring. Truly, if you do not use it, you lose it. Thank you!
in Smithfield, VA |
Dr. Haynes just completed a 'jiffy hip' surgery on my left hip (on 20 Sept 2017). He had done the same surgery for me on my right hip 4 years ago. My recent surgery experience was excellent and I am up and walking with just a cane in less than 2 weeks after surgery!! I followed Dr. Hayne's instructions after surgery and had no problems and little to no pain. Thanks to Dr. Haynes, I should be back swimming in the pool within a few weeks. Amazing! Thank You Dr. Haynes! Mary Sullo
in Hampton, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Haynes since 2004 when I had my first posterior hip replacement. He is always professional and upbeat. I had no problems recovering after surgery. In 2016 after putting off my second replacement for years, I had my right hip replaced via the anterior method. Recovery was quick with no problems and I feel like a new woman. I would highly recommend Dr. Hayes, he is the best.
Suffolk, VA |
I would totally recommend Dr. Haynes for your Orthopedic issues. In 2011 I first went to Dr Haynes for a torn maniscus. Arthritis set in and in 2013 I ended up having a partial knee replacement. OSC and Dr Haynes were great. Happily I can report I have not had any further issues with that knee. Recently started having knee pain in my other knee. Didn't give it a thought, Dr. Haynes was the Dr. I needed to see, I throughly trust Dr. Haynes will take care of my issue.
Newport News, VA |
Love my Doctor but they never see patients on time and when they take you back to a room you still wait and wait.
in Poquoson, VA |
Dr.Haynes did repairs on my rotator cuff .I had two tares and I didn’t know what to expect. Dr. Haynes told me what he would do and how long to recover. He said if I did what he said there would be no problems. Everything went fast and I had no pain. When rehab started I did what they said . I worked hard every day with rehab and when that ended I worked hard every night because I wanted to play golf ASAP . After 4 and half months Dr. Haynes said looks great go play. Now golf and no pain .
in Hayes,VA |
I am a 66 years old female and I am so pleased with my successful partial knee replacement. I received my partial knee replacement in February, 2016. I was able to hike the trails of Yellowstone National Park with my grandsons and I am currently walking 4-5 miles a day. I am always singing the praises of Dr. Haynes. I am very grateful for all the support from him and the personnel at his office. Thank you, Dr. Haynes and staff.
Yorktown, VA |
Dr. Haynes is an extremely competent, caring, and friendly physician.
Newport News, VA |
Dreadful. Tried to scare me into surgery I did not need. Refused to prescribe medication even though he knew I was in pain. In a big rush, rude and all the VT Hokey Hokie toys did not speak for his professionalism. Don't waste your time.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr Haynes listened to me. I had crushed my knee cap and didn't want surgery. I had heard from others who had problems with knee cap replacement from other places having a lot of problems. Dr Haynes agreed with me and we took the wait and see approach. Today I took off the brace and can pretty well go at my own speed. My friend that had her knee cap replaced at another office is still having problems 8 months later and is 20 years younger.
in Newport News, VA |
I am a 64 year old male who was an avid runner for more than 25 years. I would like to say that Dr. Boyd Haynes is an outstanding orthopedic surgeon who truly cares about his patients. He spends the time to listen to what you have to say and offers solutions to correct the problem you are experiencing. Dr. Haynes has excellent bedside manner and is humerus to talk with. I had a partial knee replacement in February of 2016. My recovery went very well. I highly recommend Dr Haynes and OSC.
in Hampton, Va. |
I find Dr. Hanes to be a very caring physician with experience in hip problems. I suffered with pain from joint arthritis in my left hip. Medication both by mouth and injections did not help. I elected to have the joint replaced with a "jiffy hip" by Dr.Haynes. At this time I am completely satisfied with the results.
in Hardyville, VA |
Dr. Boyd Haynes is an excellent, caring, and well qualified orthopedic doctor. I
in Yorktown, VA |
Dr. Haynes never left any question unanswered. The knee replacement that he performed was exceptional. There were no complications when he was in the hospital or when he arrived home or during his recovery. Dr. Boyd explained the procedure and the expectations of the recovery time and made sure that my family was well informed of how the procedure went after the surgery was completed.
in Gloucester, Va |
Dr. Haynes performed 2 hip replacements . The first one was 3 years ago, and the second, last July. What a great outcome I have had. I am back to doing all the things I enjoyed. Thank you. I am now 60 years old. So glad I did this.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr Haynes and his staff made my wife and I very comfortable from the very beginning. He was very professional but at the same time made us feel like he truly cared about me and my procedure. He took the time to explain everything that I needed to know and answered all our questions in detail. My surgery on my torn bicep tendon was a complete success and He called me later that night himself to check on me. I truly give Dr Haynes my highest recommendation, Kenny Hayes
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Haynes was excellent. He was very thorough and answered all my questions. I saw him for a complete tear of my right bicep at the elbow. He performed the surgical procedure the very next day and even called my home after the surgery to make sure I was not having any post operative issues. I was very happy with the results and have had nearly no pain in the recovery process. Dr. Haynes came highly recommended and, after my experience, I can definitely see why...
in Smithfield, VA |
Clear, concise, efficient and timely.
in Hampton, VA |
Dr.Boyd Haynes is an excellent doctor , he did my partial knee replacement. If I ever need another replacement he would be the doctor to do my surgery. He explains everything to you so you can understand and shares results during your visit. I would highly recommend Dr. Haynes to others for orthopedic problems.
in Hallieford , VA |
Dr. Haynes makes you feel at ease from the time you walk into his office and every time after. He did my knees hips and rotater cuff and I cannot be more pleased. Did a total knee on my husband. I would have no problem recommending him
in Gloucester, VA |
Dr Haynes listens to you and takes time to understand. He is not rushed and truly cares for his patients. He makes everyone feel like they are very important and that no question is stupid. He gives excellent care.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Haynes replaced my hip. It was a complete success. I couldn't be happier with the treatment, the procedure and the outcome. He'll replace my other hip when the need for that arises.
in Newport News, VA |
Great doctor! Took the time to explain everything that would happen during my surgery for carpal tunnel and what things would be like afterwards. Great bedside manner and will go back to him when I have to have my left hand operated on for carpal tunnel.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Haynes is always positive, has a listening ear, and is thorough in his explanations of every situation.
Had muscle weakness
in Hampton, VA |
I am Margaret Schaeffer and I am 89 years old. I was seeking an expert, orthopedic doctor on the Peninsula for my many joint problems. Dr. Haynes is a knowledgeable, confident, and caring, physician. I have had my left hip replaced and carpal tunnel release in both hands. I appreciate the kindness and efficiency of the office staff. More importantly, all three surgeries with Dr. Haynes have been successful.
in Yorktown, VA |
Dr. Haynes is very experienced and knowledgeable and his bedside manner is more personable than any doctor I have ever associated with.
in Newport News, VA |
I met Dr. Haynes about 4 years ago.Since that time he not only took care of me but, he has taken care of my husband when he had to have a hip replacement Dr. Haynes have my complete trust and respect. today I had to see him about my upper left thigh Ive been having some pain there. So he had some x-rays done ,Dr. Haynes examined me ,and suggested that I use heat on the area,and some physical therapy.It was a case of bursitis.Iam thoroughly pleased with Dr. Haynes I would reccomend him to anyone
in Newport News, VA |
About a year ago, I underwent arthroscopic surgery for a knee problem. Since then, the problem continued but somewhat improved. Recently, my physician, Dr. Boyd Haynes, suggested that I receive SUPARTZ treatment by injecting a substance between my knee cap. The treatment consisted of one injection per week for five weeks. After the second and third injection, I noticed some improvement. After the fifth injection, the pain was nearly gone and movement of my knee greatly restored.
in Gloucester, VA |
Dr. Haynes was recommended to me by a friend and after my positive experience I would have no hesitation recommending him to any of my family and friends
Have you seen Dr. Boyd Haynes III, MD?
Are you Dr. Haynes III?