Dr. Boris Porto, MD

32 Reviews
Dr. Porto

Boris Porto, MD

4412 74th St Ste E102 Lubbock, TX 79424

Dr. Boris Porto, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Lubbock, TX and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston in 1986 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Porto accepts

Dr. Porto accepts the following insurance:

HealthSmart

1 board action Found
  • Unprofessional Conduct (6/12/2015)View details
No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Porto's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Porto treats this condition more than 55% of his peers

Dr. Porto's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

2.5

Dr. Porto?
Dr. Porto's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Boris Porto, MD
Honestly I thought I could disregard the low reviews because I NEEDED a change in my medication. One of the first things Dr. Porto told me was that I’d have more energy if I lost weight. He said the young man who was in before me had lost weight and he was so much happier. I was fully aware that I hadn’t been exercising, and that I didn’t have the energy to eat most days, hadn’t been to the grocery store in weeks, hadn’t taken a shower in more than a few days, and was struggling with basic daily tasks. He told me that I need to get out of my comfort zone and make myself do things. He followed that up with an explanation of how I should only expect a 30% symptom reduction in the best case scenario and I was likely already getting it on my old medication so the new one wasn’t likely to make much difference. I told him I was sleeping at least 11 hours a day when I used to need 8. He told me that was normal. That I am normal. Do not go to him if you value your mental health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Porto, MD?
This is the single worst doctor in Lubbock. I had an appointment with him and while I was in the waiting room filling out the paperwork, he Stomps out and begin shouting I'm not giving you any candy medicine. I never met him before I never been to his office before. This guy should not be practicing medicine. Steer clear of dr. Boris Porto.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Porto, MD?
Excellent! I’ve been seeing Dr. Porto for several years and I’ve recommended him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Porto, MD?
Run run run! Do not go to see this man. Something is not right with him. He compares everything to his own problems and life situations. He actually scares me. I do not trust this man at all. Please find someone else
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Porto, MD?
Dr. Porto is an extremely understanding, kind, genuine, intelligent physician who always has his patients' best interest in mind. I sincerely look forward to my visits with him and appreciate all that he does! I HIGHLY recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Porto, MD?
I am in shock after my appt with this dr. I sat in the lobby and could hear his entire dictation about the client before me. He immediately started to falsely accuse me before I could even speak. He didn’t want to hear any of my feelings, he just immediately began to argue, yell, and berate me. He never even let me say why I was there. He was clearly not in a good state of mind. He actually scared me and I left. I will never go back nor recommend him. He actually made me feel far worse.!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Porto, MD?
If I could give less than 1 Star, I would! I have seen him in the past for adhd med, and the entire appt was spent on him unloading about his personal substance abuse addiction that he has been rehabbed for, and issues with his wife. I tried to give it a 2nd chance, and was verbally assaulted with false accusations, yelled at so loudly that the people in the lobby heard everything, and NEVER even asked what I was there to see him about!! He is mean, misinformed, hateful, and should check facts !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Porto, MD?
I love Dr. Porto!! I would highly recommend him.. He takes care of his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Porto, MD?
Does not listen, very argumentive, gives medication out like candy. He's heard arguing with patients. Talks about his wife and how unwilling she is. Office staff is great almost no wait to get back or in for initial: i won't be coming back to see this doctor. If you need fast meds with no proper testing done he's your drug dealer. Alice was very apologetic for his behavior even gave me a hug and referred me to another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Porto, MD?
I used to see Dr. Ash. :( I switched to Dr. Porto 4 years ago. I'm glad I switched. Dr. Porto is a Good doctor but sometimes he brings his personal problems to the office visits. Appointment scheduling is great. Hardly ever a wait time. Office personal Alice is awesome. (Sweet Girl). Office is clean and quit. There used to be another person who worked at the office who was loud and did not dress appropriately. Glad shes gone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Porto, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Porto?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry