Interventional Spine Medicine  |
Dr. Boris Abayev, MD
Dr. Boris Abayev, MD is an interventional spine medicine doctor who practices in Rego Park, NY. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Abayev is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens and Queens Hospital Center.

9752 64th Ave Fl 1

Rego Park, NY 11374

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Affinity Insurance Services
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Care 1st Health Plan
  • Careplus
  • CorVel
  • Devon Health
  • Elderplan

Learn about Dr. Abayev

See how frequently Dr. Abayev performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fibromyalgia
Trigger Point Injection
Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
high

Dr. Abayev's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Abayev "to cure the pain, not to treat the pain. Look for a source of pain, where it is coming from and try to eliminate the source"

• Interventional Spine Medicine
  • Interventional Pain Medicine
  • Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
  • Pain Medicine
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Pain Medicine
  • Sports Medicine
  • Sports Medicine Pain Management

Dr. Abayev does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration

• Nerve Blocks
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Stellate Ganglion Block

No malpractice history found for New York.

• It Is Included In Medical Institute
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Lincoln Hospital Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Physical Medicine/Rehabilitation Medicine In New York Medical College/Metropolitan Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • New York University School Of Medicine/Nyu Hospital Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Abayev has no awards or honors listed.

• paincureclinic.com,

• Farsi
  • Russian

Dr. Abayev does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abayev and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abayev's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abayev to family and friends
Dr. Abayev's Performance
in NY |
Hi i am Daljit Singh last month my dad Avtar Singh start back pain . My dad pcp recommendation Dr. Boris Abayev . Dr. Boris give shot my dad back pain stop like magic after 6 shot course now my dad feel absolutely normal .Dr. borise is very nice doctor. he is very intelligent I recommend to all thanks Dr. Borise God bless thanks .
Ozone Park, NY |
Dr Boris abayev is wonderful. He helped with my back and hip pain instantly. Thank you.
in Corona, NY |
While the wait may be a little while but its worth the wait. My left side of my spine is almost pain free and my right side was just treated and I have 0 pain for the first time in weeks.
in Jackson Heights, NY |
Doctor Boris Abayev is a wonderful doctor! My father had been dealing with sciatic nerve pain for a while. After we saw Doctor Abayev, he felt 70% better. On top of that, the waiting wasn't long at all. Doctor Abayev really cares about his patients. I was pleasantly surprise with this doctor. I would definitely recommend him to other people!
in Laurel, MD |
I'm satisfied with Dr Boris & I recommend to anyone who is looking for a good doctor.I have never a long wait.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Very good doctor, provides great service, and helps with my serious back pain. The staff at the office is very courteous and friendly and you never have to wait to see the doctor. Overall an excellent experience every time.
in Corona, NY |
My grandmother has gone to Dr. Boris for three weeks now and can say nothing but great things about him. He keeps his patients very comfortable and confident in the work he does. She is getting much better with every appointment she goes to and is very confident Dr. Boris will get her back to the way she was before her injury.
in South Ozone Park, NY |
I recommend this doctor to anyone who has pain, especially back pain like myself. I have had back pain for about 8 months. When I went to this doctor, I felt so much better as my back pain was going away. This is an excellent and caring doctor with good service.
in Corona, NY |
This doctor is amazing. He helped relieve my foot pain and gave me great advice. I strongly recommend this doctor.
Jackson Heights, NY |
I started to have severe pain in my lower back out of nowhere, there was no incident leading to that pain but it was so bad I couldn’t walk without limping. After my first visit, my pain level was down to 40% and after 5 visits it’s only about 20% of pain left. I need to mention that every case is individual and you may have 100% relief in 5 visits; with me it takes a bit more since I have more severe case. My advice to you: before starting on steroid treatment, try him first and see.
Forest Hills, NY |
This man almost killed my mother. He was supposed to give her an injection into her muscle on her upper back and punctured her lung. She had a collapsed lung and severe internal bleeding (1.5 liters). She had to undergo surgery and was hospitalized more than a week. She went through a crazy amount of trauma because of this doctor, along with me and my little sister. She almost lost her life with two small kids. STAY AWAY FROM THIS MONSTER!!
Ridgewood, NY |
Dr. Abayev actually took time to understand my concerns and explained the diagnosis and treatment. I have multiple pinched nerves from my neck through my lower back which cause a lot of pain and discomfort. Dr. Abayev uses Xylocaine (Lidocaine) injections to relax the muscles and release the pinched nerves. One shot per week for 5-7 weeks. So far after 4 weeks my neck feels great. Cannot wait to get started on the other pain sites. FYI, Google office hours are wrong. He's open Thurs and Sun 1-
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Abayev is truly the best! The ability to remove pain and not just adjust to it is beyond the scope of what you look for when dealing with sciatic pain. Truly one of the best pain doctors out there. My wife has been dealing with leg pain for 5 years and is finally seeing the pain relieved, she will soon be pain free as the treatment continues, something we never thought was possible. If you are seeking to rid yourself of pain and not just cope with the pain, see him now!
in Rosedale, NY |
I have known Dr. Boris Abayev since 2011. He first helped me when I was having terrible Right Knee pain. After the first treatment my pain was gone and has never returned. I recently started having Left Shoulder pain, after multiple visits to the doctor without relief my daughter asked me why don’t I go see Dr. Boris. Her comment to me was “if Dr. Boris cannot help you, you cannot be helped”. Now, after receiving my third treatment my pain level is a three out of ten and I am now able to sleep.
in L.I.C. N.Y. |
Luis Diaz after 2 month the several pain in mi neck and arm, I be in many doctor, terapy and take many pill include oxycodon 7,5mg mi friend referred me to this doctor. within 3 injection I feel 50% better I recommend this doctor to all of my friends, this is a miracle doctor.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Boris Abayev Suffering from the unbearable pain of a Pinch Nerve situation is not good thing because you cannot walk, sleep and always have to use pain medicine or injection that contains STEROID or CORTIZO for relief. After a year of pain in and pain out, I was recommended by a past patient to see Dr. Boris and see what help can be offered. I met with Dr. Boris and started my treatment by injection only (no Steroid or Cortisone) about five weeks ago. To date I can feel the easement of pai
in Rego Park, NY |
For the past six years I have had back pain which had gotten worse and unbearable over the past 5 months. I could not sit nor lay to sleep at night. I tried medication, acupuncturist, chiropractor and finally my Primary Care physician advised I see a Physiatrist (Pain Management and Rehabilitation Physician). I did my research and chose Dr. Abayev. I have no regrets and am happy I chose him. He is amazing. After the first visit I got relief and was able sleep that night. I am continuing
in Elmhurst, NY |
Dr. Boris Abayev, M.D. is a knowledgeable, effective and fantastic doctor within his field of work. I have been seeing Dr. Abayev for the past 4 week, and my back and legs are feeling significantly better. The pain, numbness and tingling sensation have been dramatically reduce, and I will continue to see him until my problem is rectified and made well. I would certainly recommended Dr. Abayev to anyone who needs help with pain management and more.
in Queens NY |
By Ingrid C I had tried antiflamatories,muscle relaxers,pain medecine heat therapy,lidocaine cream aong with physival therapy 3 times a week,then i was referred by my eye doctor to Dr.Boris Abayev for back injections because of very bad pain in back and leg causing sciatica nerve pain and i had two pinched nerves,after like 3 injections my pain was getting better and by the sixth week my pain was gone,it really does help and he is a great doctor
in Middle Village, NY |
Walking into Dr. Abayev's office changed my life. After struggling with back pain for years, just three treatments with Dr. Abayev improved my pain by 80%. I am now able to walk about a mile, use stairs painlessly and participate in everyday activities. Dr. Abayev is my hero!!
in Forest Hills, NY |
After basic physical therapy for 2 months for sciatica pain with no improvement due to a herniated disc wrapped as round a pinched nerve, I was referred to Dr. Abayev for pain-management. At first I was skeptical as nothing prior, including electrical stimulation and hear was helping alleviate my condition. In fact, I felt worse from taking medicine prescribed by my original primary care physician. Within one month of treatment from Dr. Abayev I felt at 75 % improvement. Now after 6 weeks 90%.
in Forest Hills, NY |
I have a nerve impingement in my lower back. Daily core exercises are required; however, every so often, I bend the wrong way, and I get pain down my leg along the sciatic nerve. That is when Dr. Abayev comes to the rescue with several anesthetic injections near the nerve root. Two to four follow up visits may be required. The procedure instantly relieves the pain and resulting muscle tension. I highly recommend Dr. Abayev.
New York, NY |
My mom had severe back pain, couldn't walk. Dr Abayev helped her from the first visit. He is a very knowledgeable and pleasant doctor.
in New York, NY |
I came to see Dr. Abayev for a neck pain that has been bothering me for almost 2 years. After 3 injections my pain is gone 30%. It has been a relief since other doctors had not been able to help me with the problem. Hoping that as the treatment continues I keep feeling better and be free of pain soon.
in New York, NY |
I walked in the office limping n in tears fearing the worse that I will remain like this after talking to Dr Abayev he offered a series of injections and sum simple instructions on what not to eat n drink and by my 5th wk n 5th injection I was dancing for my grandson s bday. I highly recommend Dr Abayev and I'm very thankful.
in Elmhurst, NY |
Dr. Boris rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He uses no chemicals to to cure your pain. His cure are all natural and they work.He listen's to your symptoms and targets the area of discomfort you fell better instantly. If you are suffering from pain go see him you will not regret it.
in Queens, NY |
Doctor Abayed is a great professional who truly cares about his patients .He took his time to explain to me what was my problem and treated me right away . I have been dealing with lower back pain for the past 8 years and after Dr Abayed treated me the second time , 80 % the pain when away . I have no words to thank the Dr . My daily leaving has improve tremendously . I can sleep, seat ,walk and exercise without pain . I am so happy with the treatment results .
in New York, NY |
Dr. Boris Abayev, Both my wife and I have been getting treatment for our injuries by Dr. Abayev. He is compassionate, concerned and most importantly not only successful in pain management but in pain elimination. He is thorough in his approach and meticulous in his treatment. He is willing to take the time to explain his treatment and spend time with his patients. He is a rare find. If you are in pain he is the doctor for you.
in Forest Hills, NY |
I am a D1 college tennis player and i train on intense level. I also have two disc herniations and horrible lower back muscle spasms that sometimes restrict me from sitting down for long period of time or even bending down. I have been seeing Dr Abayev for over a year and ever since he started giving me nerve blockade injections to release my muscle tension I've been able to continue training . I have tried epidurals and different kinds of physical therapies but no one has helped me the way
in Ny |
Dr Abayev was very professional and helped me out a lot with my pain. Always there for me when I needed him.Thank you very much for your time! I really appreciate it.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Doctor Abayev, cares and he does his best to help every patient. His methods works. I would recommend him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
Are you Dr. Abayev?

See our Interventional Spine Medicine Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center

Visit Dr. Abayev

Dr. Abayev accepts 46 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Advantage
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
    HealthKeepers Plus HMO
    HealthKeepers Plus POS
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) EPO
  • EmblemHealth
    GHI EPO
    GHI HMO
    GHI PPO
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) HMO
  • Galaxy Health Network
    Galaxy Health Network PPO
    Managed Care PPO
    Worker's Compensation WC
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA PPO
  • PCS Health Systems
  • Preferred Health Systems
    Preferred Health Network
  • Presbyterian Health Plan
    Presbyterian Health Plan, Inc.
  • UniCare