Dr. Boris Abayev, MD

Interventional Spine MedicineMaleAge 63

Interventional Spine Medicine

Dr. Boris Abayev, MD is a Interventional Spine Medicine Specialist in Rego Park, NY and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Second Tashkent State Medical Institute in 1982. He is affiliated with medical facilities NewYork-Presbyterian Queens and Queens Hospital Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Boris Abayev, MD

Dr. Abayev

Excellent Service!
Aug 07, 2022
Good doctor
He fixed my nervous system
S Mondal – Jul 13, 2022
Abdomen pain
After getting my appendix removed, at the incision site I ended up getting a pinched nerve. The pinched nerve went up my spine down my vaginal path and down my leg, this pain went on for a year untreated. I wasn’t able to work out, not even get in my bed without having pain. I couldn’t hold in my pee without being in excruciating pain. Until my mother found Dr. Boris Abayev, he was the only doctor able to understand my pain and actually do something about it. Most doctors told me there was nothing that can be done and that I should just get use to life with the pitched nerve. Dr. Boris Abayev was extremely kind and detailed about everything that was going to happen. I am still not done with my treatment but I already feel way better! I’m working out, fixing my diet, and more active then ever thanks to Dr. Boris Abayev, a real doctor.
Melanie Parra – Jul 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
Pinched nerve in head, skull and face pain
Doctor is very detailed. He is flexible and you're able to reach out to him for guidance. I have been suffering from a pinched nerve in my head since March 2021 with no relief in sight. Doctor Boris has been able to decrease the pain by 95% which no other doctor was able to do. He also instructs you in what foods not to eat that will make your situation more painful.I travel from the Bronx to Queens to see him, but it has been worth it. I highly recommend him, you have nothing to loose anda no pain life to gain.
Daisy A Figueroa – Jul 10, 2022
Reward!
Prior to my first appointment as a New Patient I looked over some reviews first and became very comfortable with Dr. Abayev's ratings! At my appointment Dr. Abayev listened to my complaints and knew immediately how to solve my problem with my spine, I have an illness which incapacitates me at times. this time I was out for 3 weeks which scared me and I knew I needed help fast! Dr. Abayev examined me first then placed me in a comfortable position on my stomach to inject medicine into my spine safely and with hardly any pain- like a pinch. Immediately I felt better and was able to go back to work walking steadier and No Dizziness! As far as I'm concerned Dr. Abayev is a GOD SEND!
Jocelyn Coley – Jul 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
I went to Dr. Abayev for treatment of both rigid neck and the arthritis pain my hands have been suffering from. He is a caring and patient doctor who would spend quite some time with his diagnosis/treatment, in my case the connection between the two symptoms. I’m especially thankful for his sound advice on healthy diet lest the effect of injections will be mitigated. Although it’s tough keeping it, I trust doing our best will bring livelong benefits.
ccma – Jun 30, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
I had neck pain. And i went to dr.Boris.after tree visits the pain its gone.he isvery professional and talented doctor.thank you dr.Boris
Dionysia Liveris – Jun 06, 2022
Amazing!
Dr. Boris Abayev has been a critical step to helping my mother manage her pain. She suffers from widespread arthritis and it often makes daily life activities difficult but since seeing Dr. Boris, it has been much more manageable. He is very attentive and listens to the concerns of his patients. He is flexible with his scheduling and it is not difficult at all to make an appointment, I recommend him very much.
Nathalie Arbelaez – Apr 06, 2022
Best of The Best
Been going to Dr. Abayev for years I would not see any other doctor. He cares about his patients and is very compassionate. He also calls you himself to see how you are feeling and when calling his office you speak directly to him. There is no other doctor like him. Overall he’s the best of the best, look no further because you won’t find another doctor like Dr. Boris Abayev.
Eve – Feb 10, 2022
Phenomenal Dr
Z – Feb 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
My husband and I both used Dr. Boris Abayev, MD, who is an excellent and caring pain management doctor. I've even advised my own family to go to him. One day, out of the clear blue sky, it was painful to walk. I went to Dr. Abayev. He diagnosed it as a pinched nerve, found the exact spot, and knew what to do to quickly alleviate my pain. My husband went to Dr. Abayev several years ago and also found him very helpful. When my husband was recently dealing with a new medical situation, he went back to Dr Abayev, who successfully treated him. Dr Abayev knows how to help his patients and remove their pain. Dr. Abayev is an excellent pain management doctor. He cares about his patients, spends time with them and makes their lives better and pain free. I recommend him highly.
- Mrs. Welcher – Nov 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
I had a low back pain,and my friend recommended to visit Dr. Boris Abayev.When i came to him, he helped me,did an excellent job, he is very professional and talented doctor
Oct 27, 2021
he is good for pain
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Bebi – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
Dr. Abayev is a great physician. Unlike many other doctors, he tries to find and treat the root cause of the pain. He listens to your issues and concerns, and will take the time to educate you about nutrition and shows you how food can be your medicine. I was pleasantly surprised when he made follow up phone calls to check to see how I was doing. Dr.Abayev is attentive and caring. I highly recommend to everyone!
Sherry – Sep 13, 2021
Great Doctor.
Sep 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
Very good and careful doctor. He give me injections every week. I have instant relief right away. I have 3 herniated disk on my neck and hip tenderitis. I high recommend ??
Aug 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
He's a great doctor and he was able to help me with pain I've been having in the neck area for many years. I just went to him a couple of times and everything was great after that. I'm no longer suffering from this long term pain thankfully. The doctor was able to fully heal me. I'm writing this review weeks after my last visit just because I wanted to make sure that the pain really is completely gone. I use to get it every other day the neck and back of the head pain and it would never leave me alone..your a miracle worker Doctor, thank you for all that you do for us doctor!
Yuriy – Aug 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
Dr. Boris Abayev was a godsend to me. I was suffering with severe pain in the hip for which I was given several cortisone shots but no help. At that point I was referred to a pain management doctor and accidentally walked in to Dr. Boris office but after the first treatment realized that it was meant to be. What amazed me the most is that unlike many physicians he does not send his patients for MRIs and X-Rays to determine the pain he is able to identify the pain by his expertise and years of experience. After the first treatment I felt immediate relief. For anyone who is suffering from pain I will advise you relief can be found in the hands of Dr. Boris Abayev. His staff is very courteous and kind.
Parbattee Ramdhanie – Aug 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
One of the best doctor for any type of body pain. Me and my husband we are 28 years old. We both got our treatment from him. We used to have leg pain and shoulder. After 3 injection we were able to get back to our normal activities. I would recommend him for our young adults or anyone.
Aug 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?
Dr Boris is the best.He knows his work and he's very kind,patient and friendly. I would definitely recommend him because it is worth it and I looked forward to the rest of my appointments with him.
Hanseraji Baj – Jul 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Boris Abayev, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Abayev?

to cure the pain, not to treat the pain. Look for a source of pain, where it is coming from and try to eliminate the source

• Interventional Spine Medicine
Less...

2003
New York University School Of Medicine/Nyu Hospital Center
2002
Physical Medicine/Rehabilitation Medicine In New York Medical College/Metropolitan Hospital
1999
It Is Included In Medical Institute

• Persian
  • Russian

• Patient's Choice Award 2009, 2009
  • Distinguished Fellow of the American Board of Hospitalist Physicians- awarded for high excellence in education, training and, February 2
  • Recipient of the Special Commendation from the New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, July 1, 20
  • Recipient of the AANEM Junior Member Recognition Award given by the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic, September,
  • Recipient of the Certificate of Appreciation for participation in the Resident s Night Program, June 6, 20
  • Distinguished Master of the American Board of Hospital Physicians-most distinguished master by lifetime appointment., January 18
  • Was elected and served as an Editor of the Proceedings at New York Society of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, May 2002-M
  • Most Compassionate Doctor Award 2009, 2009