Dr. Bobby Lanier, MD

Dr. Bobby Lanier, MD

Allergy & Immunology  |
Dr. Bobby Lanier, MD is an allergy & immunology doctor who practices in Benbrook, TX. He is 73 years old and has been practicing for 47 years. Read his story

6310 Southwest Blvd Ste 200

Benbrook, TX 76109

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Lanier

See how frequently Dr. Lanier performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Allergic Reaction
Allergic Rhinitis
Asthma

Dr. Lanier's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Lanier's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lanier "I am one of the most fortunate people I know. I found something I really love to do every day and plan to continue for many more years to come. I read and not only keep up, but help advance the cause of science by writing in the medical literature and training new doctors both here and in China. Some people love golf, others sailing- my hobby is medicine and teaching and meeting new people. I have no plans for retirement and love working with my colleagues and partner." Dr. Lanier is Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, the Conjoint Board of Medicine and Pediatrics of Allergy Immunology. Dr. Lanier is a Clinical Professor at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. He has authored over 60 original contributions to the medical literature in peer reviewed journals, has written 2 textbook chapters in allergy and is active in the cutting edge of respiratory research through his firm North Texas Institute for Clinical Trials, being best known for his work on monoclonal anti-IgE. He has given over 300 presentations for Medical grand rounds in universities in this country, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America in the last three years and is widely known for his dynamic, technologically advanced, and entertaining style. Dr. Lanier and his wife Sandy and their two children arrived in Fort Worth in 1977 with the completion of military service. Together they have worked to the benefit of people with AIDS and other community efforts. Dr. Lanier is the son of a union organizer and a school teacher who grew up in the refinery towns of south east Texas. He experienced an extended childhood illness causing him to spend several years at John Sealy Hospital in Galveston where he would later attend medical school. Home schooled because of his illness, Dr. Lanier attended public school full time first in the seventh grade, and eventually graduated as a co-valedictorian. Dr. Lanier worked as a laboratory technician from high school through residency. He attended Lamar University in Beaumont where he was recognized as a distinguished graduate, and the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston where he received his MD degree. He has appeared on "Ophra", several times on "Nightline with Ted Koppell", the "Today Show ","Nightly News with Tom Brohaw", "Good Morning America", "Good Morning South Africa" and "Radio Zulu". Dr. Lanier founded the National Association of Physician Broadcasters. Dr. Lanier also served as an NBC television network correspondent from 1982-1985 after which time his television segments were internationally syndicated daily to over 100 television markets and heard in over 250 radio stations in this country and worldwide through the Armed Forces Radio and Television Network. Dr. Lanier founded the National Association of Physician Broadcasters. He was honored in 1995 by the American Medical Association with the Education and Research Foundations award for public communications. Dr. Lanier stood for public office ( Congressional District 12) in 1989 and was defeated by Rep. Pete Geren . Dr. Lanier co-chaired the successful Congressional campaign of Representative Kay Granger. Dr. Lanier is a passionate fisherman, photographer, and sports writer .His articles and photographs have appeared in in-flight and sports magazines. He has written over 400 articles on sports fishing for magazines such as Saltwater Sportsman, Texas Parks and Wildlife and American Sportsman. Dr. Lanier is also a computer programmer and currently served as a consultant for the American Medical Association for website development and computer related ethical issues. His hobby is technology – he is a die hard gadgeteer.

This content was provided by Dr. Lanier "Partnership with patients is paramount.  We encourage your curiosity, your internet searches, and appreciate your diligence.  We listen and we will produce an organized approach to your complicated condition"

• Allergy & Immunology

• Angioedema
  • Animal Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Asthmatic Bronchitis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID)
  • Cough

• Tarrant County Community Service, 1990
  • AMA Recognition for Public Service, 1994
  • WBAP Radio KCBI Radio, 1992-2001
  • Syndicated Medical Reporter for NBC, 1981-2001

Dr. Lanier does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lanier and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lanier's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lanier to family and friends
Dr. Lanier Says:

Thanks for providing feedback.  This is taken seriously and we will do the best we can to implement any suggestions you have.

Dr. Lanier's Performance
in Ft Worth, TX |
I had a bone rattling cough & went to several doctors, even a pulmonologist, & the only explanation was "allergies" so I saw Dr. Lanier. You see, doctors like him do not exist. 99.9% of doctors treat your symptoms but they do not evaluate root cause analysis or run algorithms to find out "why." Dr. Lanier wants to treat the symptoms but also figure out why, & fix the "why!" He's the only doctor that has dived into my rare case to find an overall cure & not just a temporary fix. Life changing Dr!
Dr Lanier was very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. He spent a lot of time with us discussing our situation and treatments. He gave us a detailed report with photos from the visit, which was very helpful!
in Granbury, TX |
I saw him today. My appointment was made this morning so I knew I might wait for up to an hour. He was, as usual, very friendly and very interested in how I was today as well as since my previous visit. After examining my sinuses, he told me was could last another 30 years! When I speak with my peers, if I discover they are having allergy problems, I tell them about Dr Lanier.
in Granbury, TX |
Could not be happier. He was very professional and cared about my situation, and it was very obvious that he knew what he was talking about. He took the time to explain to me how allergies work, and why my body was responding the way it was. I learned a lot just from the first visit. I also was able to see him the day after I made my first call, which was amazing. He came highly recommended to me and now I highly recommend him to others.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Lanier is an experienced Allergist that has helped me to understand the causes of my allergies and resulting symptoms that I have lived with for decades. During the treatment process I had a reaction that was impressive and scary. He called me back quickly with concern and reassurance. Thanks for caring, Paulette
in Granbury, Tx |
I have been a patient for over 6 months. During my initial visit Dr. Lanier took the time to listen and did not rush me. He answered every question I had in great detail and made me feel like I was the only patient he had. I moved to him from another allergist and I have found that his shot system is extremely efficient. I sent in a question to a nurse once and he answered it himself. Extremely good customer service.
in Aledo, Texas |
I suffered for years, but after allergies became unbearable June 2014, I found Dr. Bob. By October, I was symptom-free. Took a 5 month hiatus from shots February 2015, due to open heart surgery, and by June the symptoms had returned. Resumed shots, and by October, I was symptom-free again. This proved the shots had made the difference, and nothing else. In his office yesterday, I met one of his patients from 1982, who had been symptom free for 30+ years. Looking forward to the next 30 years!
in Ft Worth, TX |
he has been treating me for allergies with injections and they have been a God send. He is a christian which counts a lot and acts like it. His office staff and nurses are amazing. We are blessed
in Granbury, TX |
I absolutely recommend Dr. Lanier! I left the office with a full understanding of my condition. He took the time to explain the disease process and the treatment plan in detail. I felt very comfortable discussing everything with him. His office staff is very friendly and knowledgeable as well.
in Weatherford, TX |
Dr. Lanier was extremely thorough and explained why he asked the questions he asked, and we discussed several issues that I never had considered could be the cause of my chronic cough.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Lanier is very knowlegeable on my condition and spend a lot of time to talk with me about it.
Arlington, TX |
Dr. Lanier has an excellent manner with his patients. He attends fully when talking with me about my symptoms, and gives full explanations about his recommended course of action along with information about what I can do to help manage my condition. He is amenable and very knowledgeable. I am gratified to be able to have a specialist like Dr. Lanier on my team of health care providers.
in Eastland, Texas |
Very informative, I didn't leave my first appointment with any lingering questions.
in Fort Worth, TX |
He and his staff are very caring and committed to helping you improve your overall health as well as your allergy symptoms.
in Azle, Tx |
We started seeing Dr. Lanier approx. 1 yr ago after my child had been through multiple illnesses and medications. He spent time getting to know him, listening to all that had already been done and drilling down on the issues. He was excellent in explaining to me what was going on and what our next steps would be. Every appointment, every issue that pops up, every question I ask......he is kind, patient and incredibly informative. I trust him and we feel so blessed to have found him!
in TX |
Dr. Lanier spent a lot of time listening to my problems, asking questions and not rushing into a decision. I felt he covered all bases of what could be causing my symptoms and explained very throughly in terms I could understand. He went through my medications with me to see where I could be having a problem. He then performed allergy testing and recommended a chest X-ray and sinus X-ray which I welcomed. I feel confident he will reach the right treatment for me. I highly recommend .
in Texas |
I was referred to Dr. Lanier by a highly respected Allergy/Asthma physician in Denver, Colorado. His comments about Dr. Lanier were spot on and I can only say - I'm very impressed. I really felt that he was interested in my medical issue and I'm grateful to have made contact. And I also am impressed with this organization. It's not always the case that the staff reflects the Doctor, but in this case they really did. They were both efficient and friendly.
Weatherford, TX |
He is kind, thorough and seeks to get to the heart of the issues you are dealing with.
in Fort Worth |
Dr. Lanier is so great and is really helping me figure out what is going on with my allergies!
in Fort Worth, Tx |
Fantastic! I have seen him for years and he now sees my daughter. Dr. Lanier is very thorough and always takes his time to explain.
in Fort Worth, TX |
Absolutely the best! Very thorough in reviewing the information you submit on their paperwork and on the flip side in explaining what he is thinking, the reasons why and going through the treatment steps. Also, so very personable which makes discussions very easy.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Lanier is always knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous.
in Ft. Worth, Tx |
He has a great bedside manner and treats you like he would treat family. He answers all your questions and spends as much time as it takes with you. I have been a patient of his since I was 7 years old. He has always taken great care of me and gets me well! And he also makes sure he covers all aspects of your situation to give you the best diagnosis and treatment.
in Burleson, TX |
It was a great experience working with Dr. Lanier. He was very helpful and was able to explain in detail the process that will happen. The staff was great and very friendly.
in Fort Worth, TX |
Wonderful. He is so informative and eager to help his patient find a solution for their allergy problems.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Lanier is very thorough and is eager to answer whatever questions you have about your allergies/asthma, etc. He is personable and very knowledgeable.
in Alvarado, TX |
Dr. Lanier and his staff are the best !! They know all their patients on a first name basis, If you have any issues they are there when you need them. Dr Lanier takes his time and makes sure the patient understands what is happening with their plan of care. He cares not only about their health but the general well being of each of his patients.
in Ft Worth, TX |
I was pleased with the short time to get in to see the doctor. The staff listened to my needs and responded to my wants. The doctor listened to me explain my breathing troubles and asked lots of questions. He then listened to my chest and gave helpful suggestions. The thing I liked the best was he took his time to really try to come up with things that would improve my condition. I like his manner.
Have you seen Dr. Bobby Lanier, MD?
Are you Dr. Lanier?

Visit Dr. Lanier

Dr. Lanier accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Principal Financial Group