Dr. Bobbita Nag, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 47

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Bobbita Nag, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Waterloo, IA and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Nag has extensive experience in Neurodevelopmental Disorders. She graduated from Dibrugarh University / Assam Medical College and Hospital medical school in 2002. She is affiliated with medical facilities Mercyone Cedar Falls Medical Center and Mercyone Waterloo Medical Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Bobbita Nag, MD

Covenant Clinic Psychiatry

2750 Saint Francis Dr Waterloo, IA 50702
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Iowa

Frequently Treated by Dr. Nag

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Nag treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Nag treats other conditions, please contact the office at (319) 272-8922.

Neurodevelopmental Disorders

Compare with other Neurodevelopmental Disorders specialists.

Dr. Nag is experienced in the area of Neurodevelopmental Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

Dr. Nag's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Autism
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Nag accepts

Dr. Nag accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Nag's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nag

2.4

Dr. Nag

I went to see Dr Nag multiple times, each one worse than the last. After going into detail about my abusive marriage (and it coming out that I'm gay) she made remarks about 'just leaving' and I was putting myself in that position. She has NO business working in the mental health field. She's rude, didn't listen to anything I said and told me to take medication. She rushes you out of her office as quickly as she possibly can. On the last visit, I told her that my wife and I had separated (this was probably 4-5 months after the separation) and it was liberating, my constant depression had felt like a weight lifted. She told me I was still depressed and I needed to take the medication she prescribed, I told her numerous time I'm not taking it if I don't need it. Change doctors ASAP, Nag will make you feel worse than better.
Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bobbita Nag, MD?
I went to Dr. Nag at a time that I was in crisis, so I was shocked that she would delegitimize my relationship with my partner during a session. She was extrememely criticial of me after learning that I was gay, even pointing out my weight in a cruel manner and making fun of my job. Little did she know I was delivering her mail and she and her household are hoarders. Stacks and stacks of boxes being delivered everyday. Boxes stacked in front of the front door for days, a garage that was packed with new items in cardboard boxes. That last part is probably unneccessary, but she is not equipped to work with LGBTQ patients.
WlooWorrier – Sep 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bobbita Nag, MD?
It was obvious from the first visit that Dr. Nag does not care about anyone but herself. The initial visit lasted less than 10 minutes, with the rest being 5 minutes. She relies on you to diagnose yourself and then will tell you all of the assumptions that she makes about you. Your concerns don’t matter to her. She’ll provide recommendations that aren’t all at all applicable to your life or helpful. She likes to treat you as if you are stupid. She’d tell me when to take a certain medication and at my next appointment, tell me I was doing it wrong as if I just made it up. It was written that way on the prescription as well. It it terribly unfortunate that she is the only option for many. The WORST mental health professional I’ve ever met. This is the last person anyone experiencing mental illness should go to. Especially when you feel worse after you leave her office. The counselors upstairs are much more helpful and caring! Highly recommend them.
Aug 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bobbita Nag, MD?
She definitely wasn't what we were looking for. We were in her office for less than 10 minutes and she said my daughter was "fine". We were also referred to her with my son, again within minutes she said he had ADHD and prescribed him meds. Both times she barely spoke to my kids, paid little attention to them at all. She seemed to have had her mind made up before we even entered the office. It was a strange experience. She seemed to be more interested in prescribing meds than trying to find the root of the issue or finding any sort of diagnosis.
  • Long wait times
Apr 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bobbita Nag, MD?
Awful, doesn't know anything. She's honestly more likely to off you than help you. Very inconsiderate.
  • Long wait times
Mar 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bobbita Nag, MD?
She made my daughter feel worse than she was already feeling. She made her almost cry right there in the appointment and would not listen to what we were saying. She basically told my daughter that she needs to let it roll off her back when other kids threaten her with bodily harm. My daughter is sensitive and always has been and she felt awful after the appointment and I felt awful for her after the appointment. We will not be seeing her again for either of my kids because of this.
Apr 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bobbita Nag, MD?
I really do not like Dr.Nag in general I think she does not have the right , I don't know how to put it. Kind of like attitude or personality to work with kids and teens. She puts of this vibe of she thinks she knows everything and that she's better that her patients. I think she is good at explaining to the parents what she thinks her patients have and how to treat it. I'm going to repeat myself- I don't think she's a good fit for kids and teens.
Brick Lawson in Waterloo,IA – Oct 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bobbita Nag, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nag?