Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Bob Yin, MD
I grew up in New York City (Brooklyn and Staten Island) and attended Stuyvesant High School in downtown Manhattan. After receiving my undergraduate degrees in biology and creative writing at MIT, I attended medical school at Columbia University. I stayed at Columbia University Medical Center for my residency in Orthopedic Surgery. I then moved to the West Coast to complete my fellowship at Kerlan Jobe Orthopedic Clinic in Los Angeles, specializing in orthopedic sports medicine. I am now a board-certified orthopedic surgeon practicing in Orange County, California.

St Jude Heritage Medical Group

• Health Net
  • Medicare
  • Prime Health Services

Learn about Dr. Yin

Bob Yin, M.D., is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon with specialized training and experience in Sports Medicine. I specialize in minimally-invasive arthroscopic surgery of the knee, shoulder, hip, and elbow. I am experienced in non-surgical and surgical treatment of knee meniscus and cartilage injuries, ACL tears, shoulder instability and dislocation, rotator cuff tears, and hip injuries including impingement and labral tears.

My primary goal is to provide the highest quality, personalized orthopedic care to each patient, so they can get back to their desired work and activities with minimal pain and maximum function. I strive to achieve early return to activity for my patients through individualized care. I am experienced in the care of athletes of all ages and abilities, from little leaguers and weekend warriors to the elite collegiate or professional athlete. Languages spoken: Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin)

Dr. Yin's Experience

Dr. Yin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hip Arthritis
  • Hip Dislocation
  • Hip Injury
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Injuries
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Ulnar Nerve Injuries

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Reconstruction
  • Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Mit
  • Kerlan Jobe Orthopedic Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Stuyvesant High School
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Yin has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Yin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yin to family and friends
Dr. Yin Says:

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Your comments are extremely valuable to our practice, and based on your feedback we are working to continuously improve our patient experience. Please feel free to reach me or my staff directly with your concerns and questions.

Dr. Yin's Performance
in Brea, CA |
I received excellent care under Dr. Yin for a knee injury. He was incredibly thorough from assessment through post-op. He took the time to answer all of my questions and to explain my treatment options, plan of care, and post-op rehabilitation program. I would highly, highly recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery, he's a remarkable doctor.
in Glendale, CA |
Dr Bob Yin Has just performed full knee replacement on both of my knees simultaneously. He was extremely professional, thorough, and accommodating through all the intervals pre, during and post operation. I experienced no pain besides the swelling when I left the hospital and I was walking without support 3 days after the operation. I cannot thank him enough and I fully recommend him because of his top qualification in his field
in Tustin, CA |
Dr. Yin made time for me and was able to discuss his procedures clearly to me. My understanding of the procedure and the follow up visits have been beneficial for my recovery.
Yorba Linda, CA |
Had a really nice experience with Dr yin. Treated my elbow really well and was great.
in Orange,CA |
The first day I walked in I wasnt sure what to expect,but great staff,very welcoming,organized,and professional. Dr.Yin is great at what he does,takes his time to answer any questions you might have and really goes above and beyond to meet and surpass your expectations. I would recommend to anyone. Great person and doctor.
in Placentia, CA |
Found a non surgical solution, much appreciated.
in Brookings,OR 97415 |
Amazingly thorough and professional,relating in layman terms the pre and post op procedures, although limited in my medical knowledge I would suggest that Dr. Yin is an exemplary physician .
in Yorba Linda, CA |
Kind, caring, good follow through.
Pomona ca |
This doctor has been very wonderful and explaining all of the situations with my wife replacement and kept my wife healthy she got in got out in three days recommend them to anybody great bedside manner excellent doctor
in Yorba Linda, CA |
Dr. Yin was the best I could have asked for. I had a bad break three places in my ankle, and he did an excellent job of surgery. It is healing extremely well and quickly, and I am grateful for his work. I feel lucky to live so close to such an excellent orthopedist.
in Cerritos, CA |
Dr Yin is an outstanding physician. My story begins with an appointment for a broken thumb, for which I got scheduled for surgery the next day. Through the 8 weeks after my surgery, I saw Dr Yin about 5 times, and in each visit, he was compassionate, easy to communicate with, and incredibly knowledgeable and thorough in answering any questions I had. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. The office staff was also very nice, and its a huge plus that the X-ray facility is right next door.
Very comfortable,knowledgeable, straight forward does not beat around the bush.
in Brea, CA |
Dr. Yin is very knowledgeable in his field. He thoroughly diagnosed my knees and educated me on what the causes may be and solutions that will help remedy the pain.
in Placentia, CA |
I could not be happier from the overall service I have received from Dr. Yin. His professionalism, bed side manors, taking the time to explain everything regarding the knee and surgery. Today was my follow up 4 week visit. My knee has never felt better. I have been to other orthopedic doctors over the years and Dr. Yin is by far the best I have seen! Would not think of going anywhere else.
in Yorba Linda, CA |
The care and attention that Dr Yin provided our son who had a torn ACL was exceptional. He took all the time needed to educate us on the options and keep us informed through every step of the way from pre surgery, surgery and all the post surgery recuperation. We never felt rushed by Dr Yin. He provided undivided attention our son's questions and care. Dr Yin was extremely responsive to questions that arose after hours and immediate responded to emails. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Yin.
Have you seen Dr. Bob Yin, MD?
Are you Dr. Yin?