Dr. Bo Davidson, DDS

Dr. Bo Davidson, DDS

Pediatric Dentistry  ·
Male

Dr. Bo Davidson, DDS is a pediatric dentistry practitioner in Lacey, WA and has been practicing for 8 years. He practices pediatric dentistry.Read his story

Bo M Davidson DDS, MS

130 Marvin Rd SE Ste 111

Lacey, WA 98503

• Guardian
  • LifeWise
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Davidson

Dr. Davidson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Davidson " As every parent knows, working with children definitely keeps you on your toes. But all it takes is one smile or funny comment to completely make your day! Being a pediatric dentist is easily the most rewarding field in dentistry. By working hand-in-hand with families, I am able to help establish good oral health practices. At every visit, I try my utmost to make sure each child has a positive, stress-free experience. All treatment is provided in a safe, supportive environment where the children we see are greeted with the warmth and respect they would receive were they our own. Dental appointments can also sometimes be stressful for the rest of the family, so I do all I can to work with the parents and make their visit an easy and enjoyable one, as well. The best part of alleviating anxiety about the dentist in children is getting them to enjoy seeing us as much as we enjoy seeing them! This positive outlook toward their dental visits, and self-care learned by my patients, leads to a lifetime of winning experiences at the dentist for them and their families. Our practice is welcoming and friendly. It is dedicated to providing gentle, comprehensive, and quality oral health care tailored to your child’s dental and emotional needs. We strive to be a leader in pediatric oral healthcare delivery and education for children, parents, and other healthcare providers. Education My educational background consists of: University of Washington, Bachelor of Science, Cell and Molecular Biology (GO HUSKIES!!!!) 2004 University of Washington, Doctorate of Dental Surgery, 2008 University of Illinois at Chicago, Masters in Oral Sciences, 2010 University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry and Medical Center, Pediatric Dentistry Specialty Residency and certificate, 2010 Certifications: Diplomate, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, 2008 Board Certification, Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, 2011 Fellow, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, 2012 Basic Life Support Pediatric Advanced Life Support Publications/Research Davidson B, Vergotine R, Punwani I, Koerber A, Crawford J. Parental Attitudes Regarding Pediatric Dentists Counseling on Tobacco Use. Pediatr Dent. 2013 Nov-Dec;35(7):515-518. • Study examining the role pediatric dentists could play in providing tobacco cessation education to both patients and parents.Published in Pediatric Dentistry, Nov-Dec 2013. Sheller B, Churchill SS, Williams BJ, Davidson B. Body mass index of children with severe early childhood caries. Pediatr Dent. 2009 May-Jun;31(3):216-21. • National Institute of Health funded research project examining the body mass index of children with severe caries. • Collaboration with research team: Dr. Bryan Williams, Director of Department of Dental Medicine Seattle Children's Hospital, Dr. Barbara Sheller, Chief, Education and Resident Training Seattle Children's Hospital, and Shervin Churchill, Statistician, Center for Children with Special Needs. • Published in Pediatric Dentistry, May-June 2009 Lin S, Kim S, Davidson B, Farquharson K. A review of pediatric dentistry program websites: what are applicants learning about our programs? J Dent Educ. 2010 Jun;74(6):654-60. • Collaboration with faculty members in University of Washington Department of Pediatric Dentistry on project studying the role of program websites as a marketing tool in academic dentistry recruitment.• Published in the Journal of Dental Education, June 2010 Continuing education It is my belief that education never ends. Staying relevant requires constant modification of, and addition to, one’s existing knowledge. So I do all I can to stay on top of current technology and research. The educational opportunities I pursue regularly exceed the amount required for my yearly continuing education classes in all aspects of pediatric dentistry. Professional affiliations Participation in professional organizations affords me an opportunity to discuss the latest advances with a large body of colleagues while having access to the latest research and findings within my field. Consequently, I am an active member of the following professional organizations: American Dental Association Diplomate, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Fellow, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Board Certification, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Diplomates Western Society of Pediatric Dentistry Washington State Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Immediate-Past President, executive board, Thurston-Mason Counties Dental Society. Washington State Dental Association Personal life I grew up in Olympia and attended Capital High School. My father is a dentist as well and some of my earliest memories are of my two brothers and I playing with the "water gun" and "super straw" in my dad's office (I'm sure we made quite the mess at times!). Due to my father's influence I always had an interest in dentistry growing up. While attending the University of Washington for college I used to volunteer once a week in the dental clinic at Children's Hospital in Seattle. The experiences I had there solidified for me that I wanted to pursue a career in dentistry, specifically working with children. After college I was fortunate enough to be accepted at the University of Washington School of Dentistry. After four years of dental school I was offered a residency position in the pediatric dental specialty program at the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Dentistry and Medical Center. In Chicago I spent two years solely focusing on treating children in both clinical and hospital settings. I also conducted research at the university and was awarded a master's in oral sciences. While training in Chicago, I really grew to miss the Puget Sound area. As a lifelong Olympia native, I am really pleased to have been able to return to my home town and establish my own practice. I have always been an avid sports fan, especially college sports (Go Huskies!). In my free time, I enjoy fishing, golfing, and traveling. I also enjoy cooking and trying new foods. I may often be found attempting new recipes (not always successfully!) — hoping to discover something I have been missing out on."

This content was provided by Dr. Davidson "We provide a variety of dental treatments that are comfortable, safe, and effective. Our practice is equipped with the latest dental technology so we can provide complete care for your smile.

Our dental team is dedicated to helping you maintain your health and your beautiful smile for many years to come. We look forward to getting to know you and your family.

At the office of Bo M. Davidson, DDS, MS, our mission is to provide quality, comprehensive dental care for your children. It is our goal to create a positive experience for your children and your family that will help to foster positive experiences at the dentist throughout their lives. We understand and appreciate the trust families place in our office to take care of their children, and we take this trust seriously."

1  Practice Areas

• Pediatric Dentistry

• Loose Teeth
  • Sensitive Teeth
  • Stained Teeth
  • Teething
  • Tender Gums
  • Tooth Damage

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Washington / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Davidson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Davidson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Davidson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Davidson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Davidson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Davidson to family and friends

Dr. Davidson's Performance

Dr. Bo’s office is so much fun for kids. From the arcade, movie watching while your teeth are cleaned to Bo bucks and prizes along with excellent dental care. We love this place. Our daughter loves the dentist but I’m sure it would put any nervous kid at ease!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
After two visits to a different (well known) pediatric dentist in Olympia, I was nervous about my 4 1/2 year old son's visit to see Doctor Bo. After our (amazing!) visit this morning, we will most certainly return to West Olympia Kids Dentistry! After my son's examination this morning, we've...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I like bringing my kids to Dr. Bo. He and office staff are nice, friendly, easy-going and the dental care is excellent.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Bo and his staff are amazing. My daughter love this place, she's already asking for her next appointment.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
The staff are extremely friendly and It has been a great pleasure to bring my kid to the hospital
Are you Dr. Davidson?