Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Blane Sessions, MD
*Named as a 2016 Top Doctor & 2013 Top Doctor by Main Line Today Dr. Sessions' interest in specialized Orthopedics and Sports Medicine for all ages led to his completion of the prestigious Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship with training in microvascular and pediatric surgery at the Philadelphia and South Jersey Hand Center in conjunction with Thomas Jefferson University and Shriner's Hospital. "As a former NCAA Division I athlete in baseball and a follower of all sports, I understand the pressures of sports injuries in high school, college, professional, and weekend warrior athletes and enjoy treating those eager to get back to play."

500 Evergreen Dr

• Oxford Health Plans
  • PA Insurance Services
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Sessions

"I was inspired to become a doctor by my uncle, a general surgeon in my home state of Louisiana, and was trained by a mentor, who taught me the values of caring for all upper extremity problems. I genuinely strive to treat all my patients as if they were family members or friends with empathy, compassion, and concern for the best possible outcome. Very few people get to a job they love....I am truly blessed to help others in a profession I truly enjoy, appreciate, and love."

With this philosophy in mind, he has organized his practice to allow same day or next day appointments consistently.

Dr. Sessions' Experience

Dr. Sessions' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Strain
  • Forearm Fracture
  • Forearm Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Neuropathy
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Wrist
  • Partially Dislocated Elbow (Nursemaid Elbow)
  • Pediatric Trauma
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Sports Injuries
  • Strain of Muscle and-or Tendon of Forearm
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Thumb Basal Joint Arthritis

• Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery
  • Wrist and Forearm Tenotomy
  • X-Ray

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Centenary College Of Louisiana
  • Louisiana State University Health Science Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • The Philadelphia Hand Center/Thomas Jefferson Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Sessions has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sessions does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sessions and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sessions' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sessions to family and friends
Dr. Sessions Says:

Thank You for providing feedback....we love helping others and providing the latest, up-to-date Hand and Upper Extremity care for our patients!

Dr. Sessions' Performance
Cochranville, PA |
I have 3 issues with my left arm, he was the only doctor to take the time to figure out a plan for each problem. Called to make an appt to finalize the options and was told he was no longer there. What a terrible shock,he was the best doctor I had ever been to, knowledgeable, caring, and treated you like a real person, not just another patient to deal with. I have seen other orthopedic doctors, but none compare to Dr. Sessions. I am still hoping I can find where he is located at now. Thank you!
in Woodbury Heights , NJ |
I would strongly recommend Dr. Sessions. He pieced my hand back together after a devastating injury, his expertise and care are key in my recovery. He is kind and caring. He volunteered to speak with my mother from the emergency room, she is 2000 miles away. I saw him at least 10 times and every time he was knowledgeable, genuine, and friendly. He understands the importance of support in the aftercare. I felt Dr. Sessions was staunch in every way, he has my back in every step. Thank you, Blane
in Lansdowne, PA |
I was relieved to hear he was fired from The Hand Center. He hadn't bothered to really listen & mis-diagnosed my condition. The info in the initial report proves this as he claims I had trigger finger in both hands. The pain which I had was in both my palms & feet & it was due to a magnesium deficiency, not trigger finger. Besides, I had never mentioned having any problems with my fingers, so how did he come up with trigger finger as the problem? He hadn't paid attention.
in Brookhaven PA |
Where did Dr Sessions go???? My husband Aaron has been under his care for a few months and we got a call that Dr is no longer with practice....we would like to find him! We are at his appointment now and have been waiting over a hour to see the new Dr!!!! WE MISS YOU DR SESSIONS!!! ---Stacey Aaron E.
in Aston |
I've seen Dr Sessions three times in the last year, most recent was in Feb. 2017 for ganglion cyst surgery on my hand, he did a great job and I followed up 10 days later for suture removal, it's now been 6 weeks since my surgery and I'm still having so much pain and discomfort in my hand especially at night it keeps me awake. So I called his office today to schedule an appointment and they informed me that he is no longer with their practice. So not sure what to do. Anybody knows where he went?
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Sessions is fantastic. I was in and out of the office in 20 minutes. No long wait time. checked in, immediately called back by the nurse, Dr. Sessions came in within minutes. He was informative, kind, and friendly and professional.
Thanks Morgan!!!!!
in Aston pa |
The best choice for any hand problems...he is punctual, friendly, always smiling..and knows his stuff. He has the best staff, both in the office and on the phone. He calls it like it is, will lay out your options, discuss a plan of action, and carry it through. Follow up was even easy.
Thanks for the great feedback!!!
in Phoenixville, PA |
Dr. Sessions assessed my fractured finger and hand. He also cared for my husband when he severed his finger in a home project accident as well as carpal tunnel surgery. We both highly recommend Dr. Sessions. He is an expert in his field and great follow-up. His office and support staff are outstanding as well.
Thanks! Both of you were a pleasure to take care of!
in Drexel Hill, PA |
There is NOTHING not to LOVE about Dr. Sessions. Plain and simple. Do yourself a favor - go injure your hand (if you haven't already), and make an appointment ASAP. You'll thank me in the end. It's so refreshing to know a physician as competent, dedicated, and compassionate as Dr. Sessions. His rapport with patients is exemplary. Not a discouraging word can be said. Nada.
Very funny! Thanks for great comments!
in glen mills, PA |
I had ulnar nerve surgery in November 2016 and sent my daughter to him for bilateral carpal tunnel release surgery this January. I have great confidence in his skill and competency. He and his staff are very friendly and pleasant.
Glad to have the opportunity to help you and your daughter!
in Malvern Pa |
I entered Dr. Sessions office in pain and left comfortable. I called at the last minute and he saw me immediately. He is a compassionate and a most professional physician. I can't thank him enough for his kindness and response to my situation. I would recommend Dr. Sessions highly. Mary J Gilliford
Thank you! Glad we could help.
in Media, PA |
Great experience from start to finish of two Carpal Tunnel surgeries.
in Downingtown, PA |
Rec'd appointment right away for 1st time visit to have DR.Sessions see what was going on with my right finger. It was extremely infected !! DR.. Sessions immediately scheduled me for Surgery the next morning Sept. 28, 2016 all went well with Dr. following up that same date with a professional phone call that night to see how I was doing !! I would highly recommend Dr. Sessions as very knowledgeable , explains what is going on medically & Dr. answered all concerns.
Thanks! Glad the finger is better!
in Glen Mills, PA |
When I first met Dr. Sessions I mentioned his resemblance to a young buddy of mine who is general manager of a tugboat company based at Phila. Navy Yard. Dr. Sessions told me he had experience with tugboat workers in New Orleans during his residence training. If you read his philosophy, you will have to like him. He let me observe my carpal tunnel operation and explained any details I asked about. Everyone who attended me from initial visit through the surgery and therapy was professional.
in Broomall, PA |
Dr. Sessions diagnosed & released my L H carpal tunnel problem in 2012 & again n 2016 on R hand. Recently, after developing random, sharp wrist/thumb pain, Dr. Sessions took several x-rays. 30 minutes later I departed the Philadelphia Hand Clinic with a diagosis of an anatomically specific form of arthritis, a recommendation against surgey and a cortisone injection as a first step in management of this chronic problem. Dr. Sessions' surgical skills are 2nd to none, his staff exceptional!
in Wilmington, DE |
Was so pleased with our experience. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional. The worked efficiently, but never made you feel like you were just a job. Completely comfortable atmosphere, while still being great at what they do.
in Glen Mills, PA |
Working in the medical field myself, when I fell and fractured my wrist and was told I needed an orthopedic surgeon my first choice was Dr.Sessions. In the past he had treated my sister for two fractures and was very compassionate and kind, as she had many medical problems. I found him to be thorough, skilled and talented.
in West Chester, PA |
I got an appt. right away, which I appreciated, and had a positive experience. Then I got the insurance explanation of benefits. The visit was 45 min. (15 min. with the Dr.) to remove a deep thorn from my hand: total $2,875 for xray, supplies, nerve block, and removal. These rates seem highly inflated. My insurance knocked it down to $691.08, which I will pay towards deductible.
in Avondale, PA |
I was impressed with his practical advice regarding my elbow fracture and appreciated that he gave me options regarding its treatment. Very easy-going, friendly manner and responds completely to any questions.
in Brookhaven, PA |
Dr. Sessions was thorough in his exam, showed kindness and empathy. He explained my current problem and treatment options thoroughly. He answered all my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all.
in Glen Mills, PA |
He is a very energetic and attentive surgeon, I like his personality and the way he treats patients. His physical therapy staff are very good and get good results.
in Elkton MD |
The Dr made me feel very comfortable almost right from the start.
in Springfield, PA |
I was referred to Dr. Sessions by the emergency room doctor because of the several severe dog bites I had suffered on my hands when a neighbor's dog attacked both my dog and me. He and his staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Sessions and his staff to anyone needing their expertise.
in Clifton heights, PA |
After dislocating shoulder I got in the next day to see Dr. Sessions. He walked through all the options with me before we decided to do surgery. I had a tear before and never recovered fully. Just after 2 months I feel stronger then it was before. I recommend Dr.Sessions to my family and friends as well! He is very easy to get a hold of with any questions or concerns.
in Glen mills |
I recently had shoulder surgery performed by Dr. Sessions. After years of horrible shoulder pain I am finally experiencing relief and on the road to recovery! Dr. Sessions made me completely comfortable and I was confident going into surgery, and his good relationship with his therapy team made the whole process that much easier. i recommend this doctor all the time to friends and family!
in West Chester, PA |
I found Dr. Sessions to be a very caring and compassionate physician. Besides his expert skill and expertise in his field, he has a way of putting one at ease and instilling the utmost confidence in his ability to treat your condition.
in Glen Mills, PA |
Dr Sessions truly cares about his patients. He treats you as if you are the only patient in his office. Easily he could have his assistant or staff tend to the ordinary parts of a visit, but he examines you, treats you, and checks on you to make sure you are ok before leaving his office.
in Tremont, PA |
dr sessions is a great dr. he did surgery on my shoulder. great job. great nurses and staff I will highly recoment him.
in Kennett Square, PA |
Very friendly and professional.
in Aston, PA |
Very competent and personable physician. Explains problems and procedures very clearly.
in Clifton Heights, PA |
Excellent! DR Sessions and his staff are very patient friendly. I experienced little or no wait time to see him. I required surgery for my case and he and his team were instrumental in keeping me informed before and after the surgery. Immediately following he briefed my wife on the successful outcome of everything. He is very personable, and his staff is commendable for their method of keeping the patients moving in the office. Without hesitation I am recommending DR Sessions to you.
in Springfield, PA |
Carpal tunnel release surgery performed on both hands - within 1 calendar year. Both experiences were very positive: the procedures, the outcomes, the office staff, the surgery center & its staff, the efficiency of Dr. Sessions and his teams, the caring follow-up. Wish all medical experiences were like these two sessions with Dr. Sessions.
Swarthmore, PA |
Dr. Sessions and his staff are so nice and friendly. They are all quick to help answer any questions you may have. I would highly recommend him. He performed surgery on my tendon he did a great job thanks to him I am able to write without pain. Thank you !
Elverson, PA |
Dr. Sessions is very caring, explains all procedures explicitly, and is one of a kind! He makes sure that any questions you may have are answered and that you understand the procedure. He went the extra mile to obtain a pathology report of my surgery while I was in the office post-op, and called me that evening, after speaking directly with the pathologist, to give me the results.
in Chadds Ford, PA |
Dr. Sessons is a great person to work with. I had surgery on both arms for carpal tunnel and trigger fingers. He was able to fix both areas and allow me to get back to work and fishing. He has taken care of me for close to 2 years now and I will continue to rely on him for any future needs. His support staff is top notch, from the front desk to his assistant Kristen (thanks for taking such good care of me during surgery) and the PT team, thanks for all your support in getting me back to normal.
Have you seen Dr. Blane Sessions, MD?

See our Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist at Methodist Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Sessions