Dr. Blane A. Sessions, MD

Dr. Blane A. Sessions, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

The Philadelphia Hand Center PC 500 Evergreen Dr Ste 10, Glen Mills, PA 19342 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I was inspired to become a doctor by my uncle, a general surgeon in my home state of Louisiana, and was trained by a mentor, who taught me the values of caring for all upper extremity problems. I genuinely strive to treat all my patients as if they were family members or friends with empathy, compassion, and concern for the best possible outcome. Very few people get to a job they love....I am truly blessed to help others in a profession I truly enjoy, appreciate, and love.Read more

Dr. Sessions' Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Sessions' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sessions

• Keystone Mercy Health Plan
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • PA Insurance Services
  • Worker's Compensation

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Sessions has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Sessions

Dr. Sessions' Review Details
4.7 based on 115 responses
Experience with Dr. Sessions
Dr. Sessions' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (110)
Dr. Blane A. Sessions, MD says

Thank You for providing feedback....we love helping others and providing the latest, up-to-date Hand and Upper Extremity care for our patients!

in Glen Mills, PA |
Working in the medical field myself, when I fell and fractured my wrist and was told I needed an orthopedic surgeon my first choice was Dr.Sessions. In the past he had treated my sister for two fractures and was very compassionate and kind, as she had many medical problems. I found him to be thorough, skilled and talented.
in West Chester, PA |
I got an appt. right away, which I appreciated, and had a positive experience. Then I got the insurance explanation of benefits. The visit was 45 min. (15 min. with the Dr.) to remove a deep thorn from my hand: total $2,875 for xray, supplies, nerve block, and removal. These rates seem highly inflated. My insurance knocked it down to $691.08, which I will pay towards deductible.
in Avondale, PA |
I was impressed with his practical advice regarding my elbow fracture and appreciated that he gave me options regarding its treatment. Very easy-going, friendly manner and responds completely to any questions.
in Brookhaven, PA |
Dr. Sessions was thorough in his exam, showed kindness and empathy. He explained my current problem and treatment options thoroughly. He answered all my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all.
in Glen Mills, PA |
He is a very energetic and attentive surgeon, I like his personality and the way he treats patients. His physical therapy staff are very good and get good results.
in Elkton MD |
The Dr made me feel very comfortable almost right from the start.
in Springfield, PA |
I was referred to Dr. Sessions by the emergency room doctor because of the several severe dog bites I had suffered on my hands when a neighbor's dog attacked both my dog and me. He and his staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Sessions and his staff to anyone needing their expertise.
in Drexel Hill, PA |
Previous negative comments have been removed. A yr. & a half later still having problems & now dealing with a new issue from having a procedure that was most likely unnecessary. Get a 2nd opinion & copy of his report before undergoing any procedure no matter how small. There was so much erroneous info in my report I believe he didn't listen, didn't care or mistook me for someone else. Wish I had thought to get the report first. A 2nd opinion is always a good idea.
in Clifton heights, PA |
After dislocating shoulder I got in the next day to see Dr. Sessions. He walked through all the options with me before we decided to do surgery. I had a tear before and never recovered fully. Just after 2 months I feel stronger then it was before. I recommend Dr.Sessions to my family and friends as well! He is very easy to get a hold of with any questions or concerns.
in Glen mills |
I recently had shoulder surgery performed by Dr. Sessions. After years of horrible shoulder pain I am finally experiencing relief and on the road to recovery! Dr. Sessions made me completely comfortable and I was confident going into surgery, and his good relationship with his therapy team made the whole process that much easier. i recommend this doctor all the time to friends and family!
in West Chester, PA |
I found Dr. Sessions to be a very caring and compassionate physician. Besides his expert skill and expertise in his field, he has a way of putting one at ease and instilling the utmost confidence in his ability to treat your condition.
in Glen Mills, PA |
Dr Sessions truly cares about his patients. He treats you as if you are the only patient in his office. Easily he could have his assistant or staff tend to the ordinary parts of a visit, but he examines you, treats you, and checks on you to make sure you are ok before leaving his office.
in Drexel hill |
He is the worst Doctor ever. Very unprofessional and rude. He was on his phone while i was trying to talk to him. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. One of my family member is still suffering from the unprofessional surgery he did on her. He does not even deserve to be called a Doctor.
in Tremont, PA |
dr sessions is a great dr. he did surgery on my shoulder. great job. great nurses and staff I will highly recoment him.
in Kennett Square, PA |
Very friendly and professional.
in Aston, PA |
Very competent and personable physician. Explains problems and procedures very clearly.
in Clifton Heights, PA |
Excellent! DR Sessions and his staff are very patient friendly. I experienced little or no wait time to see him. I required surgery for my case and he and his team were instrumental in keeping me informed before and after the surgery. Immediately following he briefed my wife on the successful outcome of everything. He is very personable, and his staff is commendable for their method of keeping the patients moving in the office. Without hesitation I am recommending DR Sessions to you.
in Springfield, PA |
Carpal tunnel release surgery performed on both hands - within 1 calendar year. Both experiences were very positive: the procedures, the outcomes, the office staff, the surgery center & its staff, the efficiency of Dr. Sessions and his teams, the caring follow-up. Wish all medical experiences were like these two sessions with Dr. Sessions.
Swarthmore, PA |
Dr. Sessions and his staff are so nice and friendly. They are all quick to help answer any questions you may have. I would highly recommend him. He performed surgery on my tendon he did a great job thanks to him I am able to write without pain. Thank you !
Elverson, PA |
Dr. Sessions is very caring, explains all procedures explicitly, and is one of a kind! He makes sure that any questions you may have are answered and that you understand the procedure. He went the extra mile to obtain a pathology report of my surgery while I was in the office post-op, and called me that evening, after speaking directly with the pathologist, to give me the results.
in Chadds Ford, PA |
Dr. Sessons is a great person to work with. I had surgery on both arms for carpal tunnel and trigger fingers. He was able to fix both areas and allow me to get back to work and fishing. He has taken care of me for close to 2 years now and I will continue to rely on him for any future needs. His support staff is top notch, from the front desk to his assistant Kristen (thanks for taking such good care of me during surgery) and the PT team, thanks for all your support in getting me back to normal.
Have you seen Dr. Blane A. Sessions, MD?

Compare Dr. Sessions

• Pediatric Orthopedics

Why It Matters: Dr. Sessions' Board Certifications

• Hand Surgery

Dr. Sessions says..

Treat all Upper Extremity problems and conditions from the Shoulder to the Fingertips using the most up-to-date techniques and safest procedures.

I specialize in minimal invasive procedures such as endoscopic and arthroscopic Surgery; from pediatrics to geriatric upper extremity care.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Scapular Fracture
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Sports Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Thumb Basal Joint Arthritis
  • Wrist Sprain

Dr. Sessions says..

Minimally invasive Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hand Surgery including:

Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release

Shoulder Arthroscopy for Rotator Cuff Repairs, Labral Repairs, Impingement, Osteoarthritis, etc.

Elbow Arthroscopy for Lateral Epicondylitis, Osteoarthritis, OCD lesions, etc.

Wrist Arthroscopy for TFCC tears, Wrist Fractures, Carpal (Scaphoid) Fractures, etc.

Percutaneous Skeletal fixation for Hand and Wrist Fractures

Complex Wrist (Distal Radius)/ Hand Fractures

Complex Upper Extremity Nerve Problems/Compressions

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Arm Surgery
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery
  • X-Ray

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans

The Philadelphia Hand Center/Thomas Jefferson Hospital

Completed in 2012

Centenary College Of Louisiana

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Sessions has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sessions does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sessions and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Sessions' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Sessions

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Sessions' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Sessions

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Sessions' Care Philosophy

Minimally invasive Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hand Surgery including:

Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release

Elbow Arthroscopy for Lateral Epicondylitis, Osteoarthritis, OCD lesions, etc.

Percutaneous Skeletal fixation for Hand and Wrist Fractures