Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Blake Phillips, MD
Dr. Blake Phillips, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Little Rock, AR. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Phillips is affiliated with Baptist Health Medical Center North Little Rock and Baptist Health Medical Center - Little Rock.

Neurosurgery Arkansas

• Qualchoice
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Phillips

Dr. Phillips' Experience

Dr. Phillips' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
  • Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Pediatric Neurosurgery

Dr. Phillips does not have any board certifications listed.

• Brain Cancer

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Neuroplasty
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Vertebroplasty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arkansas.

• Rhodes College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Phillips has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Phillips has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Phillips does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Phillips and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Phillips' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Phillips to family and friends
Dr. Phillips' Performance
in Little Rock, AR |
I had severe tingling and pain that runs down my right buttock all the way to the sole of my foot. I was diagnosed with lumbar stenosis. The first doctor I consulted wants to perform an open-incision surgery (6-8 wks recovery). After further research, I found Dr Blake Phillips who performs minimally-invasive surgery (2-3 wks recovery). He was straight-forward with his diagnosis and expectations. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr Phillips. I am forever grateful.
in Bryant, Ar |
I have had back pain for almost 2 years thinking it my arthritis. My back doctor I have seen for the past 2 years recommended for me to get an MRI and when I did that, they immediately set me up with Dr Phillips. I had a discectomy and I have not had back pain since. I have recommended Dr Phillips to ANY one I come in contact with that has any type of back problem. He was thorough in explaining what he was going to do, and treated me like I was a human being not just another surgery.
in Russellville, AR |
This was my 2nd back surgery and was a much better recovery than my 1st, which was from a different doctor. He was very professional and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Blake Phillips for your next surgery. Pain was minimal and recovery was amazing!
in Little Rock, AR |
In May of 2016 I was diagnosed with a meningioma. My primary physician recommended Dr. Blake Phillips. He advised, as my only option, surgery to remove it. He was excellent in explaining all that was to take place. One year later I couldn't be more pleased! I just received a clear MRI. Dr. Phillips, Lauren, and all the staff helped make a very anxious period in our lives the best possible considering the circumstances. We can't thank them enough!! Rosemary and Randy Mounts, LR, AR
in Little Rock, AR |
Wonderful experience. Great bedside manor and and great communication regarding procedure. Would highly recommend.
in Little Rock, AR |
I have no back pain!! After dealing with this for over 10 years, this is soo cool. This guy is an ace fighter pilot! Thumbs up!!!
North Little Rock, AR |
I was a new patient of Dr. Phillips this past May 2017, He was running really late to the office, ended up seeing his PA ( which was fantastic) finally he came in.... took maybe 5 min with me says i'm sending you to PT and then wanted me to go to the "specialty" therapy. First and foremost he didn't even talk to me to ask me how i was doing he looked at an MRI that was over a year old and then sending me to PT that is going to cost me $100.00 a week out of pocket (Co pay). I will not go back.
in Magnolia , AR |
Very, very good doctor... Knew exactly what he was doing and my back feels better than it has in years!!!
in Mount Ida, AR |
Today was my follow-up after surgery 2 weeks ago. (Hemi Laminectomy L1-L3) - 90% of my leg pain/numbness GONE. Still tender incision area & a bit stiff when I get up in the morning. Dr. P. did NOT run in with my first visit with the 'knife' which I appreciate. He insisted that I do a round of PT, then a 'gold standard' epidural, then more PT. This did help some but not significant. Then, I was finally convinced surgery was the ticket & pushed he proceeded! Fear Not -Trust God & Dr. P.
in Greenbrier, AR |
Dr. Phillips is a wonderful doctor! He answered all my questions and listened to me about all my concerns. I would highly recommend him to everyone! Thanks doc!
in Little Rock, AR |
Dr. Blake Phillips is very likeable and professional. His staff was very friendly. I truly feel Blessed that this Dr. was recommended to me.
in Little Rock, AR |
The prospect of surgery can be a very frightening experience. However, in my initial meeting with Dr. Phillips, my fears were put to rest. Dr. Phillips is very approachable, he answered my questions honestly and in language I could understand. He projected an attitude that told me he genuinely cared about me as a person and not just as another patient. I hope I will never require his skills in the future, but if I do there is no doctor I would trust more.
in Russellville, AR |
For years I have suffered from extremely painful back pain and after hearing a number of horror stories had put off having anything done. Instead I was medicating at the rate of 8-10 Hydrocodones PER DAY. Dr. Phillips was recommended to me by my own physician after having to have emergency back surgery done himself. To say that I am pleased with Dr. Phillips and his ENTIRE staff is to put it mildly. They have all gone far above what I expected and I already feel 200% better! Thank you all!
in Little Rock, AR |
Dr. Phillips and his staff did an excellent job treating me for two of my neck surgeries. They are very professional, friendly, and caring.
in Benton, AR |
Excellent care. I like Dr. Phillips he is easy to talk to and he explain my neck problem to where I could understand. Because of severity and getting worse he acted on it schedule surgery in less than a week. I am very thankful for his expertise. The nurses/office staff are wonderful.
in Cabot, AR |
I have had surgery twice now with Dr. Phillips and I have been extremely satisfied with my care. He and his nurses and support staff are all very professional and accommodating. I would highly recommend him to friends or family.
in Sherwood, AR |
it took a couple MRI to find the main source of my pain but he didn't give up or in to the Insurance companies thank you, found that my L4 L5 vertebrae was ruptured and bulging had my surgery and woke up literally with no pain other than the surgery incision pain, my experience was wonderful I would recommend him to anyone and I will use him in the future for any more problems I may have. Office staff is amazing love them all
in Little Rock, AR |
Dr Phillips did an excellent job of my surgery and was very helpful before and after. His staff was very pleasant and my waiting times were minimal. He was very personable and straight forward with my diagnosis and they type of surgery I needed to correct my back issue, which I appreciated very much. He handled all my care with the utmost confidence and professionalism I would expect from a leader in his field as he is. I would highly recommend him to and family and friends needing his services
in Little Rock, AR |
I have seen him twice and he performed surgery. It took 2 weeks for my initial appointment. The wait time in the waiting room was long. Once in a room the wait was only about 5 minutes. Dr. Phillips was very nice and personable. He explained my condition in depth, showing me the MRI and explaining the pictures. He recommended surgery and explained the procedure well. I called on 2 occasions with questions and his nurse Lauren took her time answering all of my questions. I never felt rushed.
in El Dorado, AR |
Dr. Phillips and his nurse, Lauren, were absolutely wonderful!! After explaining everything pertaining to my surgery, I don't think I had a single question that he didn't answer. Lauren was very quick w returning my calls as well as communicating w myself and Dr. Phillips so there wasn't any confusion. My only regret is not having the surgery sooner!!!!
in Benton, AR |
Dr Phillips is very helpful at explaining things so you can understand. He and his staff are very courteous.
in Clinton, AR |
One of the best Dr I've ever met , well mannered , talks to you like a person straight forward so you understand what's going on, all around good person , and his staff is just as good
in Atkins,Arkansas |
Dr Phillips and his hole staff were the best he took the time to make sure i understood everything that i would be going through and the follow up was just as good also this man has worked a miracle for my pain relief
in Alexander, AR 72002 |
I was recommended by a family member to use Dr Phillips. When choosing a specialty doctor most patients do not know anything about any particular surgeon. This makes a choice very hard. On our first meeting he was very professional and explained my problems to me in a way I could understand. My surgery went extremely well. On my follow up, my experience was the same. I am still under his care and If I ever need any further surgery I will certainly use him. I would recommend anyone to Him.
in Mayflower, Ar |
Although I always read reviews before making medical decisions, I've never added a review until now. After a year of suffering from severe neck, shoulder and arm pain, trying the usual less invasive procedures prior to neck surgery, it was time for surgery. Dr. Phillips performed my neck surgery and I noticed relief immediately. I'm still recovering but only from the usual surgery soreness. I highly recommend Dr. Phillips for neurosurgery needs.
in Bauxite, AR |
Dr. Phillips and his staff provided excellent care for me during my hospital stay and on my follow up appts. regarding repair of my broken neck.
in little Rock, AR |
When I went to Phillips I was having excruciating pain, but after surgery I am doing so much better. I would recommend Dr. Phillips to friends and family.
in Benton, AR |
Dr. Phillips was a friendly and caring dr. to me. He was very thorough in his explanation of what he was going to do before he did it. I was very well pleased with the care he gave me both times I saw him in the office and at my surgery. So far I am doing well after surgery. God Bless all the good doctors in the world.
in Camden, AR |
Our visits with Dr. Phillips and nurses were extremely pleasant. He shared his diagnosis and recommendations very well. The procedure he did on my neck went very well and exactly like he said it would. My recovery is going well and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a neurosurgeon.
in Bryant, AR |
Dr. Phillips is a great doctor who shows real care for his patients. He knows what he is doing and listens to your questions and concerns. He is a positive and pleasing doctor to interact with. As good as I have ever had! He's the Real Deal.
in Ward, AR |
He was friendly and knowledgeable. He was courteous and explained medical needs very well.
Taylor, AR |
Dr. Phillips is the best and the most thorough doctor I have ever met. I was very nervous and skeptical about my surgery. I had immediate relief!!! He and his staff are just wonderful! And I actually look forward to my follow up appointments. I would definitely recommend Dr. Phillips!
in North Little Rock Arkansas |
In short,Dr.Phillips gave me my life back. I had two very bad herniation's causing extreme lower back aches accompanied with sciatic nerve pain running down my entire left leg. I knew nothing of this young gifted Doctor beforehand,I simply put in a google search and he was one of the first that popped up. I called his office and his staff was incredibly helpful. My appointment to see him was booked immediately. He performed a Microdiscectomy on me August 15th-I'AM PAIN FREE NOW!!! God bless him
in North Little Rock, AR |
Dr Phillips was very personable and explained what would be done in detail.
in Searcy |
Dr. Phillips and his staff are some of the best folks that you can find to take care of you. He takes time to make sure you understand the procedures that he will be doing. He has great bedside manners, very thoughtful and caring. His nurse, Lauren, is the best you can hope to have. The office staff are some of the nicest people and they take time to make sure you are taken care of. My wife and I can only say that if either of us need neurosurgery we will certainly be back to see them.
in Heber Springs, AR |
Dr. Phillips did a laminectomy on my back one month ago. I was in terrible pain....as of today my pain in gone in my back and legs. Thanks to Dr. Phillips for the wonderful care I got from him. I recommend him 100%.
in Sherwood, AR |
The Little Rock area is so fortunate to have this young doctor. His talent is unexcelled, his concern for patients and his staff are amazing. Lauren his R/N is above and beyond any I’ve ever seen and I’ve been around for 76 years. Dr. Phillips goes into detail about what needs to be done, gives you the pros and cons and then gives you ample time to make the decision and all that without any pressure of any kind. We cannot say enough good about this outstanding young doctor.
in Bryant, Ar |
Amazing. My pain is gone and I think I'm good for few more years
in Little Rock, AR |
Met him in the ER. He did brain surgery on me. He told me it would be alright. He was right about that. He was pleasant, straightforward, easy to understand.
in Little Rock, AR |
Dr. Phillips was very personable.He made sure we understood what he was saying. He even provided a model
in Little Rock, AR |
Dr. Phillips was very patient. He listened to my questions and concerns. He gave me all options other than surgery. I am very pleased with his care.
in Benton, AR |
Dr. Phillips went far beyond my expectations about explaining my problem and the best options for my surgery He has a genuine concern for your well being and best recovery after the surgury.. When I came out of recovery, I knew that I had made the best decision by choosing him. I am truly glad people like him are put into our lifes to help us.
in Greenbrier, AR |
Prior to being referred to Dr Phillips I'd been through every test (or so I thought), therapy, theory, continued limitations, and just increased med doses to manage through thr pain. Dr Phillips suggested a nerve study & bingo that was the golden ticket. Dr Phillips felt confident my issue was treatable through surgery & with hard work & determination high hopes I could resume a life prior to injury. I'm 21/2 weeks post surgery and looking forward to what my future holds thanks to Dr Phillips.
in Fairhope, AL |
Yes, I would recommend Dr. Phillips. One reason is because he took time to answer my questions, and explained what the surgery was about. After the surgery he was available when I needed anything or had a question. His staff was so helpful during and after with follow-ups and getting me the medications I needed. My operation was a success and I am thankful he recommended physical therapy right next to the hospital.
in Chidester. Arkansas |
It was great
in Little rock ar |
Great
in Mt. Vernon , Arkansas |
Dr. Phillips is a kind and compassionate young doctor. God has blessed his hands with skills to help people's problems. I would recommend him to anyone. He is a great person and doctor. Thank you Dr. Blake Phillips. You did great job on my neck!!!!!!
in Dardanelle, Arkansas |
Dr. Phillips is excellant. He explained everything to me in a way that I could understand. My surgery went very well. His bed side manner is professional, yet kind. I would highly recommend him. Sally Byers
in Clarendon |
When I first came too Dr. Phillips I was in a lot of pain. I was scared and nervous. I had a lot of questions and I got a lot of answers. I am pain free now thanks too him. Thank you Dr Phillis.
in Wynne, AR |
Dr Phillips was the best ever! Of course, this was our first time to experience a huge, MAJOR surgery in our family. My husband, Dail Lace, couldn't even walk into a store without his feet going numb before the surgery. Dail now has 2 rods and a fusion. After going through an 8 1/2 hour surgery with Dr Phillips, Dail was walking with no numbness whatsoever before we ever left the hospital Dr Philipps has such a kind and compassionate attitude that we truly can tell others..HE IS THE BEST!
Have you seen Dr. Blake Phillips, MD?
Are you Dr. Phillips?