Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Male
Dr. Blake Erdel, MD
Dr. Blake Erdel, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Erdel is affiliated with Franciscan Health Mooresville and Franciscan Health Indianapolis .

5230 E Stop 11 Rd Ste 150

Indianapolis, IN 46237

Learn about Dr. Erdel

We believe in a teamwork approach to care in which the patients, physicians and staff work together to achieve the best possible outcomes.

Dr. Erdel's Experience

Dr. Erdel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes Insipidus
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Hypoglycemia

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Erdel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Erdel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Erdel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Erdel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Erdel to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Erdel's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Indianapolis, IN |
I have delt with nurse practitioners in the past that have more knowledge about endocrinology than he does. I went in for a disappointing appointment and complete waste of my day. I had to take off work for this appointment.
Chicago, IL |
After reading my paperwork and asking no questions, he let me know that my lab results weren't "exciting" and he hates doctors who want to blame everything on the thyroid (meaning my doctor who referred me). Fortunately my competent doctor sent me to a competent endocrinologist who performed an ultrasound and biopsy and discovered I have thyroid cancer. I had a total thyroidectomy. I'm glad my other doctors don't look for the "exciting" (easy) cases.
in Columbus, IN |
Dr. Erdel has been trying to help me with managing my diabetes. He listens and offers his professional opinion and options to choose from. He suggested I see a Diabetic Educator and I have an appointment set up. I wish I could see him more often, but he's only in the satellite office once a week and he has a large number of patients to see.
in Greenwood, IN |
I went to see Dr Erdel with 2 sets of lab work in hand. Having issues for a while and needed help in getting answers. He came in, did not ask me 1 question - just said based on my blood work, everything was fine. I needed to loose weight and that would get rid of all my issues I was complaining about. I refused to even speak to him after the lecture I got (he was VERY rude), and he walked out. Still had the nerve to charge me out the wazoo even though he did absolutely nothing.
I was excited to get in to see Dr Erdel due to issues with insulin resistant, thyroid removed and having issues with it and my joints hurt.I was immediately let down as he came in the room and said within 2 minutes I don't know you, I can tell you are over weight and need to lose weight.I said I was aware I needed to lose weight since my thyroid was removed, I hadn't felt like doing anything.He proceeded to be rude and kept sayingI don't know you, and I dont know what you want from me! RUDE!
Have you seen Dr. Blake Erdel, MD?
Are you Dr. Erdel?