Dr. Blake Erdel, MD

Dr. Blake Erdel, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  ·
Male
Dr. Blake Erdel, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Indianapolis, IN. He graduated from Indiana University School Of Medicine and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

5230 E Stop 11 Rd Ste 150

Indianapolis, IN 46237

Learn about Dr. Erdel

See how frequently Dr. Erdel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes Type 2
Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Calcium Metabolism Disorders
high

Dr. Erdel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Erdel "We believe in a teamwork approach to care in which the patients, physicians and staff work together to achieve the best possible outcomes."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Erdel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Erdel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Erdel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Erdel's Reviews

2.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Erdel to family and friends

Dr. Erdel's Performance

GOOD

From the first handshke to the last I was made to feel comfortable. He understood that not all diabetics fit into the same mold. The is the first doctor I did not have to train to understand my weird diabetes. He NEVER talked down to me! He treated me with respect and kindness. He is the first...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have delt with nurse practitioners in the past that have more knowledge about endocrinology than he does. I went in for a disappointing appointment and complete waste of my day. I had to take off work for this appointment.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
After reading my paperwork and asking no questions, he let me know that my lab results weren't "exciting" and he hates doctors who want to blame everything on the thyroid (meaning my doctor who referred me). Fortunately my competent doctor sent me to a competent endocrinologist who performed an...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Erdel has been trying to help me with managing my diabetes. He listens and offers his professional opinion and options to choose from. He suggested I see a Diabetic Educator and I have an appointment set up. I wish I could see him more often, but he's only in the satellite office once a week...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I went to see Dr Erdel with 2 sets of lab work in hand. Having issues for a while and needed help in getting answers. He came in, did not ask me 1 question - just said based on my blood work, everything was fine. I needed to loose weight and that would get rid of all my issues I was complaining...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1