Dr. Blake Erdel, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Dr. Blake Erdel, MD
Dr. Blake Erdel, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Indianapolis, IN. He has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Erdel is affiliated with Franciscan Health Indianapolis .

Dr. Erdel's Experience

See how Dr. Erdel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Erdel

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Erdel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Erdel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Erdel to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Erdel's Performance
Chicago, IL |
After reading my paperwork and asking no questions, he let me know that my lab results weren't "exciting" and he hates doctors who want to blame everything on the thyroid (meaning my doctor who referred me). Fortunately my competent doctor sent me to a competent endocrinologist who performed an ultrasound and biopsy and discovered I have thyroid cancer. I had a total thyroidectomy. I'm glad my other doctors don't look for the "exciting" (easy) cases.
in Columbus, IN |
Dr. Erdel has been trying to help me with managing my diabetes. He listens and offers his professional opinion and options to choose from. He suggested I see a Diabetic Educator and I have an appointment set up. I wish I could see him more often, but he's only in the satellite office once a week and he has a large number of patients to see.
in Greenwood, IN |
I went to see Dr Erdel with 2 sets of lab work in hand. Having issues for a while and needed help in getting answers. He came in, did not ask me 1 question - just said based on my blood work, everything was fine. I needed to loose weight and that would get rid of all my issues I was complaining about. I refused to even speak to him after the lecture I got (he was VERY rude), and he walked out. Still had the nerve to charge me out the wazoo even though he did absolutely nothing.
I was excited to get in to see Dr Erdel due to issues with insulin resistant, thyroid removed and having issues with it and my joints hurt.I was immediately let down as he came in the room and said within 2 minutes I don't know you, I can tell you are over weight and need to lose weight.I said I was aware I needed to lose weight since my thyroid was removed, I hadn't felt like doing anything.He proceeded to be rude and kept sayingI don't know you, and I dont know what you want from me! RUDE!
Have you seen Dr. Blake Erdel, MD?
Are you Dr. Erdel?

Compare Dr. Erdel

Dr. Erdel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Erdel has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Erdel's Board Certifications

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Testicular Dysfunction
  • Thyroid Cyst
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis

IN UNIV SCH OF MED

Graduated in 2008

Dr. Erdel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Erdel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Erdel does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Erdel and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.