Dr. Blake Christensen, DO

Dr. Blake Christensen, DO

Interventional Pain Medicine  ·
Dr. Blake Christensen, DO is an interventional pain medicine specialist in Oklahoma City, OK and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from Oklahoma State University / College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 2009 and specializes in interventional pain medicine and anesthesiology.Read his story

14000 N Portland Ave Ste 101

Oklahoma City, OK 73134

• Ameritas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • CHAMPVA
  • Community Care Network

Learn about Dr. Christensen

See how frequently Dr. Christensen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylosis
Fibromyalgia
Autoimmune Diseases

Dr. Christensen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Christensen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Christensen "I am from the Deer Creek/Edmond area and am proud to be a fifth generation Oklahoman. I received my undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma where I competed on the wrestling team and graduated Magna cum Laude. After earning my Doctor of Osteopathy degree from Oklahoma State University, I completed my residency in Anesthesiology at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. After residency, I completed an ACGME approved fellowship in Interventional Pain Management in Chicago, Illinois with a large, dynamic group of Interventional Pain faculty associated with the John H. Stroger and Rush Hospital systems. I have recently returned to my hometown to practice Interventional Pain Management. I am currently on staff at the Oklahoma Spine Hospital, Mercy Hospital, and Deaconess Hospital. It is my goal to provide the highest standard of care to all of my patients and effectively communicate treatment plans with each patient's referring physician. My specialty is Interventional Pain Management with a focus on interventional techniques and medical management of complex pain syndromes. While approaching pain management through a conservative multimodal approach, I will use the most current techniques to help reintroduce patients back to the healthy, functional, pain-free life they previously enjoyed."

This content was provided by Dr. Christensen "Through an interdisciplinary approach to pain management, we provide comprehensive evaluation of our patients, factoring in physical, functional, emotional, and psychological needs. Our medical team consists of fellowship trained interventional pain management physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, x-ray technicians, and medical assistants. All members work together to formulate and implement a comprehensive treatment plan to reduce pain and improve function."

• Interventional Pain Medicine
  • Anesthesiology

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• University Of Oklahoma
  • University Of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • John H Stroger Jr Hospital Of Cook County
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Christensen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Christensen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Christensen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Christensen's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Christensen to family and friends

Dr. Christensen's Performance

Dr. Christensen Says:
"

Thank you for your review.  If there is anything we can help do to better serve you please let us know.

"

I do like going to this office. Everyone is nice.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Wonderful doctor. After looking around I settled on Dr. Christensen and he was definitely the correct choice. Will recommend to friends and family.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Was nervous about going for the first time but his staff was very helpful .he has a great bedside manner and is a great person. had no problems at the office I'm glad I was recommended to him
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Was finally able to get back to distance running for the first time in TWO years. The doctor's staff was also so kind and helpful. I now know who to recommend to all my friends and family.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0
After seeing a few different pain management doctors across the city, I found that Dr. Christensen was the most helpful and personable. After a few visits and treatments with him, I notice a great change in my health. I have not been this pain free in a long time!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0