Dr. Bimaljit Sandhu, MD

Dr. Bimaljit Sandhu, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Our mission is to maintain and improve the health of people in our community through the highest quality care for all. RGA is committed to service excellence as it offers gastroenterological care across our community. We work collaboratively with our referring partners, staff and vendors to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care.

Dr. Bimaljit Sandhu, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Richmond, VA. Dr. Sandhu is affiliated with Bon Secours - St. Mary's Hospital, Henrico Doctors' Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital.

Dr. Sandhu's Experience

See how Dr. Sandhu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sandhu

Dr. Sandhu accepts 30 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Sandhu has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sandhu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sandhu to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Sandhu's Performance
in Amelia Court House, VA |
Dr. Sandhu is a very smart man. In no time at all he had my heartburn & indigestion remedied. The insurance company decided after Several years that a new medication was necessary, so they declined my Rx and "suggested" the pharmacy contact Dr. Sandhu for approval. That medicine makes me ill and I have stopped taking it. Going back to Dr. Sandhu to see if there's anything he can do to help me again.
in Bumpass, Va |
I have known Dr. Sandhu for approx 9 years. My ex husband needed multiple dilation procedures as well as a feeding tube placement and management of feedings. We were referred to Dr. Sandhu and couldn't have been more impressed. So much so that I have become a patient of his. He is personable yet professional, very kind, skillful and patient. It's evident that he truly cares for his patients. I'm a retired nurse and a fairly tough sell but I would highly recommend Dr. Sandhu and I have.
in Allendale, NJ |
Dr. Sandhu unfortunately had to perform 3 (maybe 4) endoscopes on my mom do to a series of complicated events. From the moment we met Dr Sandhu, my brother and I could not have been more pleased with this wonderful physician. He met us not only to share results, draw diagrams, show slides, but to comfort us. We are so truly grateful for this spectacular doctor, and human being. We have never been to the office so some of these are blank!
in Richmond, VA |
Very thorough. did not make me feel he was rushing me through so he could see his next patient. took the time to speak with me about all options concerning my condition. very nice and helpful.
in Richmond, VA |
Scarey buttopsy was a breeze. The staff really made me feel at ease. You get a nice thorough written report along with food suggestions and even souvenir pictures. ??
in Mechanicsville, VA |
Dr. Sandhu was highly recommended as the most skilled and competent to conduct an EGD procedure on me since previous procedures had not been successful. He met the goal to open my esophagus which has allowed me to enjoy a better quality of life. He always reported his findings and even called me at home to follow up. Other families and nurses freely declare he is their physician of choice, especially if there are any extenuating circumstances because he will perform creatively and skillfully.
in Mechanicsville, VA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Sandhu he is reassuring and very understanding of how his patient is feeling. I only met him right before my procedure and felt comfortable and calm knowing he was performing the removal of a polyp. I had some questions after when I was home and he called me right back not his nurse but him . There should be more compassionate doctors he is terrific !
in Richmond, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Sandhu to anyone in need of his expertise. He is the whole package - a wealth of knowledge, caring, takes time to explain medical issues, and has a great bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Bimaljit Sandhu, MD?
Are you Dr. Sandhu?

Compare Dr. Sandhu

Dr. Sandhu's Care Philosophy

Dr. Sandhu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Sandhu has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sandhu's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Viral Enteritis
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Dr. Sandhu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sandhu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopic Ultrasound
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Fecal Impaction Removal