Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Bilal Shanti, MD
Aggressively trained and highly experienced to fight your pain and restore your function. Nobody should live in pain.

5051 E Thomas Rd

Phoenix, AZ 85018

Learn about Dr. Shanti

Allow me to fight your pain and restore your function. I believe that every modality should be tried to restore your functionality and promote your productivity at its most. I treat every patient the way I want to be treated.

Dr. Shanti's Experience

Dr. Shanti's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Pain Medicine
  • Addiction Medicine Anesthesiology
  • Hospice & Palliative Medicine (Anesthesiology)
  • Interventional Pain Medicine

Dr. Shanti does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arthritis of the Foot
  • Spinal Instability
  • Sports Injuries
  • Tendon Disorders
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tension Headache

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Tendon and Bursa Injection
  • Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Thoracic Facet Joint Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• North East Ohio Univ Coll Of Med
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Baylor College Of Medicine & Affiliated Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Harvard Medical School (Massachusetts General Hospital / Brigham and Women's Hospital)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Post Doctoral Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Helms Medical Institute
    Other Education | Completed 2002

Dr. Shanti has no awards or honors listed.

• Arabic
  • French

Dr. Shanti does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shanti and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shanti's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shanti to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Shanti Says:

We appreciate all of the positive comments and your trust in our care. We are truly committed to restoring your functionality and fighting your pain!!

Dr. Shanti's Performance
in Phoenix |
Hand down- one of the best providers!! He doesn't just look at your pain but also the wellness of your whole body. Very educated Dr and knows his stuff. No doctor took the time to educate and explain to me like he did. I am forever greatful. Thank you Dr. Shanti!
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Shanti is kind, compassionate, and places patient care first. I have trust and confidence in his skill as a provider.
in Yuma, AZ |
I started out in Dr Shanti's office in pain and panic and looking for relief. He did a thorough assessment of my symptoms, took time to find out about me and my life and told me he could help me. Then stuck with me when I struggled. He is fair, kind and compassionate and at the top of his field in pain management. My entire life has improved, and I am beyond grateful! His office staff is great too!
in Yuma, AZ |
My mother suffers from constant back pain due to osteoporosis deterioration, plus complications from a broken back. Dr. Shanti's knowledge, compassion, personal concern and dedication to helping my mother live a more fulfilling, pain-free, functional life goes above and beyond the general care of a physician! Under his care, my mother is healthier, happier, and more mobile than she has been in a decade. And, Dr. Shanti shares many effective alternative methods for healing - for a healthier life!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Excellent doctor! His thorough knowledge, compassion and patience are one of a kind. After suffering from low back pain that was limiting all aspects of my life, Dr. Shanti's treatment changed my life, I am now reborn thanks to his magic hands. I would definitely recommend him to my friends and family because I am sure that they will be in safe hands. Thank you Dr. Shanti.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have been going to Dr. Shanti now for some time. he is knowledgeable and is always suggesting ways to get and make you feel better. I truly believe he cares about his patients. Other than a few extended wait times to see him I would and do refer friends and family to him.
in scottsdale,az |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shantis for over 5 years now. He is the most compassionate, caring and understanding Dr. there is. He is definitely in this field because of his love for medicine and helping people. Dr. Shanti takes the time to listen and is always willing to take the extra time to make sure you understand and are completely comfortable with everything regarding your care plan. Because of Dr. Shanti, I am able to live a quality of life I would never have. He is #1 in my book.
in Peoria, AZ |
I could not ask for a more caring or compassionate doctor. He always shows the utmost concern for my wellbeing. Gives me the highest level and quality care available anywhere. Would not go anywhere else for my pain management.
in Phoenix, az |
Dr. Shanti and Staff are very friendly and informative about your specific health concerns. I have severe back pain that has persisted for years and Dr. Shanti has been the first provider to explain the diagnosis in detail. I am a veteran of the military and have frequently visited the VA for help. Dr. Shanti explained my issues thoroughly and quickly solved my chronic back problem thus far. I feel great and his procedure are non-intrusive. It was the best experience ever.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have been seeing Dr. Shanti for chronic back pain for several years now. He is very caring compassionate and kind. He is very knowledgeable. His wellness advice is very helpful.
in Phoenix AZ |
I had a great experience with this Doctor. He spent a lot of time with me. He is into wellness as well as pain management. I learned a lot from him. He helped me with my neck as well...
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Shanti is one of the most caring physicians i have ever had the pleasure of working with. Dr. Shanti takes the time to explain what is happening with my issues as well as making sure i understand the what can be done to alleviate my pain. Dr Shanti is able to not just help me physically but is also with personal troubles and will listen and help put things into perspective, Dr shanti is an all around good person that will help where and when he can. TC
in Yuma, Arizona |
A very rude, unprofessional and insulting Doctor. Did not do anything for my lower back pain. My Rx for pain medication was for 3xday. W/out re-writing another Rx, he order me to increase it to 4xday. Obviously, I ran out. I took some other for my pain to hold until my appointment today. He was EXTREMELY upset, didn't care what pain I was in. I requested my records and was told it was $35.00 fee. I have MS, and he made me so upset, that I been sick all day. AWFUL, AWFUL doctor.
Unfortunately, I am not able to delve into much details here because of privacy rules. It suffices to say, I have to uphold, and strictly so, ALL state and federal regulations regarding controlled substances. In general, any patient who violates these rules will be dismissed from my clinic, with no exceptions. I pride myself for being compassionate and caring. But I have to be strict with pain medications as safety of the patient is paramount. Thank you for your comment.
in Yuma, AZ |
One of the best doctors in Yuma!!! Thank you Dr.Shanti and staff for being there for me!! I love you guys.
in Yuma, AZ |
What a difference Dr Shanti made for my health! I have been getting B12 from him for several months which have helped my memory, energy level, overall health. He is a very knowledgeable doctor with expertise not only in pain management but in sharing information about vitamins, medications, etc. He mentioned the benefits of a slant board which my husband & I decided to try & it has almost completely eliminated our back pain. I have complete trust in him.
in Yuma, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Shanti by my primary care provider because of extreme pain in my right arm. A visit to the Emergency Room at my local hospital and a week later to my primary care doctor resulted in opioid Rx pain medication for strained muscles. My referral to Dr. Shanti resulted in almost immediate relief. He recommended an inversion therapy table, B-12 injections and magnesium citrate supplement. A CAT scan revealed stenosis of my cervical spine which was pinching a nerve.
in Yuma, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shanti for some time. He has been very through in my treatment plan. Since I have been able to be active and I do not suffer with pain. Dr. Shanti has always been very professional, as well as his staff the LADIES are very kind. I appreciate having a Doctor with the expertise, skills, and knowledge that Dr. Shanti provides. I’m Blessed, Thank you Dr. Shanti.
Yuma, AZ |
Dr Shanti is a very knowledgeable. Dr Shanti takes the time to get to the exact problem to help him decide how to treat it. He completely explains his findings to me and how the treatment will help. I have complete faith in him and his treatment. My pain is now controlled. Dr Shanti cares about his patients and helping them to actually feel better. I have sent friends to him and have heard positive results from them. Dr Shanti's staff are very professional and pleasant. Thank you Dr Shanti!
in Yuma, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Shanti by my family doctor a couple of years ago. I have complete faith in Dr. Shanti to keep me as pain free as he can for man in my condition. He shows that he has nothing but concern for my health and well being
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Amazing!! I waited an hour to be seen but boy oh boy was it worth it.. Dr. Shanti spent over an hour and a half with me.. So much detail and time spend just trying to understand where my pain is coming from... I have never had a dr care so much about patients and boy he is SO knowledgeable. No one has ever taken the time to sit down and explain possible causes for pain. I needed up having procedures with him and it made all the difference. Thank you for giving me my life back Dr. Shanti!!
in San Tan Valley, AZ |
I used to be a regular patient of Dr. Shanti until he no longer accepted my insurance. I totally understand why he no longer accepts it and don't blame him. I actually logged onto this site hoping to be able to set up something to see him. When I read the negative reviews I had to post something. He is very caring, a great doctor who takes care of his patients and I wish I could still see him. He is the best I have seen when it comes to the injections.
in Yuma Az. |
Ive called his office 3 times. On Tuesday morning I spoke with his reseptionist, she assured me she'd call me back. As you can see its just after 1 am. My knee and back are in horrible pain. A 7. All i have from him is a topical cream. I dont think hes very responsible.
For privacy issues, I can't delve into much details. Any patient who has severe and agonizing pain should go to the ER rather than wait for an MD phone call return after hours. A return phone call at 1AM will not relieve the pain. Thank you for your comment.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Shanti is an excellent DR who truly cares about his patients and is not just there to hand out medications but there to evaluate, analyze and try to seek out the source of your condition and try to create a treatment plan that works for you, so unlike so many in this field of medicine, extremely knowledgeable about medications, interactions when I first went to see him identified a dangerous medication carelessly given by another pain dr that potentially saved my life. I am so grateful Dr S
in Phoenix, Az |
I've been a patient of Dr. Shanti for over four years now. He has always been very kind, compassionate, helpful and understanding. I would highly recommend him to anyone without hesitation.
in Wellton, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Shanti in Feb of 2016 by my family Dr. with severe back pain. In Dec of 2014 My back pain became so severe I was placed on Hydrocodone 10mg 3 times a day, an could not lift anything, had to sleep in a chair, could not drive and walked with a cane. I felt defeated. On my first visit Dr. Shanti, we had a discussion of what he could do for me. I HAVE MY LIFE BACK I WALK UP STRAIGHT AND ALMOST OFF ALL PAIN MEDS..THX DR S PS HE HAS GREAT VITAMIN B SHOTS
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Shanti is the most kind, compassionate physician I have ever encountered. He is always respectful, follows protocol, and runs a very organized practice. He came highly recommended to me by my family doctor 4 years ago; and I have never been disappointed. I have a complicated back issue, but thanks to Dr. Shanti's care, I am able to travel for work, continue with my passion for spinning, and lead a full-happy life.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have seen Dr. Shanti for 7 years. Over that time, I have watched him time and time again take the best care of his patients. He has helped my back, my neck, then my back again. I completely trust Dr. Shanti's opinions and ideas. Without a doubt the most compassionate doctor I have ever been around. Class.
in Phoenix Arizona |
I have had been a patient of Dr. Shanti for several years now. He always have been a faithful physician that I could trust and trust 100% of the time. I personally think that I am very qualified to evaluate the manner in which a physician treats the patient as I have undergone well over ten major surgeries and a myriad other procedures. I had to use the services of many a surgeon for reasons of speciality but I always desired the pain management treatment which Dr. Shanti provides. The best.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I have been going to Dr. Shanti for years. He has a wonderful bedside manner. I wouldn't go to anyone else.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Shanti is very professional but very caring. He works with you when money is tight and always makes sure you are doing the best that you can be with whatever your condition is He is a real doctor with a real heart and wants the very best for his patients.
in Yuma, Az |
I take my Mother, who is 88years old,to many health problems to mention.all the dr can do for her is make her every day living manageable. The doc Always has a smile and a good sence of humor... ,which when we leave the office Mom has a smile on her face also.?? ..Think we will stay with him... Thank you ..
in Phoenix, Az |
One of the best doctors in Phoenix! He has amazing bed side manners, listens and answers any questions. I had injections with him a few months ago and they saved my life.. I now can function normal again. I will recommend him to anyone I know! Thank you Dr. Shanti!
in Yuma, AZ |
Dr. Shanti cares about his patients. He is the only doctor that has helped me with my back pain. I have been seen by a lot of different back and brain specialist and he is the only one that guaranteed me relief and delivered. I trust him 100 percent. He has changed my life and my family. Thank You!
in Yuma Az |
He was rude, insulting, very unprofessional. He appeared to get upset when the patient told him she had to go to the ER over the weekend as the meds he prescribed were not fighting the pain she was in. He was more concerned about his reputation than the patient's welfare.
It is difficult to delve into details because of privacy issues, especially when the allegations were not written by the patient himself/herself. But it suffices to say that, in general, any patient who is non-compliant and poses major risk on himself/herself and on others and has violated certain rules and regulations will be dismissed from the pain clinic. We care for the patient safety. Thank you
Same patient relative as above. It is not fair for an MD to be dealing with false allegations.
Have you seen Dr. Bilal Shanti, MD?

Visit Dr. Shanti