Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Bijo Kythaparampil John, MD
Dr. Bijo K. John joined our team of GI physicians at Digestive Diseases Center of South Texas in 2014. He joined the physicians at Texas Digestive Disease Consultants, the largest GI practice in Texas in 2016. Dr. John received his medical degree from one of India's premier medical institutions, the St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore. Dr. John completed his residency at New York Hospital at the Queens Cornell campus, a major teaching affiliate of the Weill Cornell Medical College, in New York. He completed his gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Florida, where he also served as Chief Fellow. During his fellowship, he received training in hepatology at the nearby Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. Dr. John has also completed two additional fellowships, a clinical nutrition fellowship from the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland and a transplant hepatology fellowship from Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia. Dr. John has published and presented at various national and international meetings. He most recently presented his research on Adenoma Detection Rates in Colonoscopy at the Digestive Diseases Week, Chicago and the ACG meeting, San Diego. During his training he has received numerous awards and funding from various organizations. He has published several articles as first author in peer reviewed journals, including the American Journal of Gastroenterology, Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition ( JPEN), Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology and the Gastrointestinal Endoscopy journal. He and his colleagues recently published their work on Vitamin D levels and C. Diff infection. He has also authored several book chapters on parenteral nutrition. He was also involved in numerous phase III clinical trials involving protease inhibitors for treatment of hepatitis C and Terlipressin trials for the treatment of hepatorenal Syndrome. He is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases and the American Society of Gastroenterological Endoscopy. Dr. John is skilled in all areas of gastroenterology and hepatology and has a special interest in the management of complex liver diseases, malnutrition, short bowel syndrome, parenteral nutrition, celiac disease, fatty liver disease, viral hepatitis, liver cancers, and pre- and post-liver transplant care. He also has a special interest in colonoscopy for colon cancer screening and factors that improve adenoma detection rates (ADR). He grew up in Dubai and went to medical school in India before moving to the United States for his residency and fellowship. He is fluent in various Indian languages. He and his wife, Asha, are the proud parents of two beautiful children. In his spare time, Dr. John likes to spend time with his family and enjoys playing soccer, traveling, and photography. With his extensive training and experience, Dr. John looks forward to taking care of his patients at our San Antonio Locations. EDUCATION M.D. DegreeSt. Johns Medical College, Bangalore, India - 2005Internal MedicineWeill Cornell Medical College - New York Hospital Queens, New York - 2009Gastroenterology and Hepatology FellowshipUniversity of Florida, Jacksonville, Florida- 2014Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida (Liver Transplantation) Clinical Nutrition FellowshipCleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio- 2010Transplant Hepatology FellowshipAlbert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia- 2011 Board Certification Internal Medicine: 2009Gastroenterology: Board Certified 2014Transplant Hepatology: Board Eligible Honors and Awards American College of Gastroenterology, Presidential Poster AwardChief Fellow, University of Florida College of Medicine

TDDC San Antonio

621 Camden St Ste 202

San Antonio, TX 78215

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Kythaparampil John

Dr. Kythaparampil John's Experience

Dr. Kythaparampil John's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gastroenterology
  • Liver Disorders
  • Transplant Hepatology

Dr. Kythaparampil John does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Manometry

• Cleve Clin Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • University of Florida-Jacksonville
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Kythaparampil John has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kythaparampil John has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Kythaparampil John does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kythaparampil John and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kythaparampil John's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kythaparampil John to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Kythaparampil John's Performance
in San Antonio, Tx |
The best GI doctor, very informative, goes above and beyond to restore you to optimum health. I am now Hep C free!!! Thank you Dr. John
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. K John and his staff were more than just kind and empathetic. This was one of the best experiences me and my mom had in hospitals. My mother was so satisfied and comfortable with their services. Thank you, Keep up the awesome work.
Houston, TX |
I am a new patient to Dr John therefore my review is based from an I tial visit and follow-up appointment. Thus far, he has been very professional and personable. He did not "hurry" thru my appointment. He took the time to explain and encourage me to maintain preventative measures for my condition as well as preventative exams i.e. Mammogram, colonoscopy, etc. I would recommend Dr John to family and friends for care.
in San Antonio, TX |
On my visit with Dr Bijo John I was quite impressed with his knowledge in the subject, professional attitude along with his personal touch and walked me through the different steps and results line by line thoroughly and was patient to answer my questions which might have been repetitive. His office environment and staff were very professional which made me refer him to friends. He is young but in my opinion he is one of the best we can find in San Antonio.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. John is such a thorough doctor. He cross references with my other docs. I always feel in good, safe hands with Dr. John. His staff is friendly and always willing to help. I would recommend Dr. John to anyone who wants a caring doctor.
in San Antonio, TX |
Excellent experience with Dr.Kythaparampil very clean facility with great staff that made sure all my questions were answered and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and prepared for my procedure. I couldn't have asked for a better experience better doctor or better nurses and staff.
in Pearsall, TX |
Colonoscopies are never actually fun. But if you have to have one, and you are in the vicinity of San Antonio, I recommend Dr. John and his team. I have had a few of these procedures as a recovered colon cancer patient, and can tell you Dr. John and team stand tall in my experience. His crew was timely, pleasant, gracious, and professional. Maybe most importantly, the procedure was without any unpleasantness whatsoever.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. John is through and thoughtful in dealing with his patients. He cares about my whole system and has been very professional. I trust his ability and he has an excellent bedside manner. I highly recommend anyone any age to see him.
in San Antonio, TX |
Had a hemorrhoid banding done by Dr. John and was expecting a lot of pain but only had an uncomfortable feeling for several days. After one week I was back to normal. The compound that he prescribes can be bought at several pharmacies but will cost more than if you go to the recommended pharmacy on the south side. This pharmacy will save you quite a bit. I would highly recommend Dr. John, who listens to his patients and explains everything thoroughly.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. John listened to me and what I preferred. He gave me intelligent, rational options on taking further action. I am thoroughly happy to have Dr. John as my gastroenterologist. I will recommend him to everyone who needs a gastroenterologist. No doubt, 5 stars all the way!
San Antonio, TX |
I had to go through 2 appointments to get my procedure with doctor john. I also feel my whole procedure could have been avoided if i was diagnosed correctly the first time. Even after the 2nd visit my main problem was totally overlooked. I feel if you are seeing a specialist then that person should be very thorough. Also the compound medication that they prescribed was also a pain to find since there are only 2 pharmacies who make it.
Pleasanton, TX |
Great doctor, explained my condition fully and understandably in my terms. I highly reconnect him.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. John is an outstanding physician. He took the time to listen to me. He provided a detailed explanation of my treatment plan and answered all my questions. I was confident and comfortable in his care.
San Antonio, TX |
Excellent and thorough doctor. I was easily able to schedule a colonoscopy for a chronic issue that I was having. The procedure was fast and painless. One of the few doctors I feel who follows up and is genuinely concerned. Didn't feel rushed and he answered all my questions.
in San Antonio, TX |
He is one of the very few who actually trained in liver transplant. Finally someone was able to take care of my husband despite being rejected by some other doctors who were overwhelmed by his medications. I highly recommend this doctor if you want to see someone who knows what they are doing.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. John ordered a CT Scan and performed a colonoscopy and glendoscopy. He biopsied tissue from both procedures. He never provided me with the results, either through a phone call or through the online patient portal. He never told me if I had a follow up appointment or when I would need another procedure.
Have you seen Dr. Bijo Kythaparampil John, MD?
Are you Dr. Kythaparampil John?

Visit Dr. Kythaparampil John