Dr. Bidhan B. Das, MD

Dr. Bidhan B. Das, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male | 36 years old

As a surgeon I believe all patients are entitled to attentive, detailed, and intelligent care with outstanding service. While I hope a patient's interaction with any physician is a therapeutic one, I feel that I uniquely provide a dedication to excellence while trying to emulate a combination of clinical acumen with an academic attention-to-detail. Additionally, it is my hope to provide a friendly and caring demeanor that welcomes and provides a safe haven to discuss very personal problems.Read more

Dr. Das' Experience

See how Dr. Das' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Das

Dr. Das accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 8 hospitals where Dr. Das has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Das
Dr. Das' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (53)
in Occidental, TX |
He is unlike most physicians....well really all of the ones we see --- he talked to the entire family about mom's cancer in his smaller office in Sugarland... he sat with us, he operated on mom, he talked with us afterward. he cares
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr Das was very nice, prompt, and his office staff was overall very nice. No one was waiting for very long in the office, and I only had one visit but i could see how professional he was as he sat down with me and talked with me
in Houston, TX |
I work in a very aggressive professional environment, and I don't have any time to waste. Dr Das allows me to get great personal care of my problem and then go back to work. He was great, and I wrote a nice letter to Methodist and Memorial about how great he was.
in Houston, TX |
Methodist sent me to Dr Das, and he was very kind. He was competent, made it simple, talked to my family, talked to my personal physician, and then consulted with his colleagues and involved me in the discussion.
in The Woodlands |
We are writing these reviews, because this is how all doctors should be!!! Picture this scene: Sunday morning before church, and my wife has a question for her surgeon who is not Dr Das. We call the on call doctor but he clearly doesn't know what the case is. We see Dr Das is in the same practice, so we ask for him expecting to get his nurse. We spoke directly to him!!! He listens and told us all that was going on. We are very impressed!
in Houston, TX |
* ON time * Spends time * gives phone time * sees me himself- no students no partners, just him and the assistant * walks through cat scans and ex rays with me
in Jackson Hole |
We are international patients that were taken care at the Methodist Hospital while our father was in the MDAndersonCenter. He was very kind and very clever, and he was right man for the job! I hope God takes care of Dr. Das; he took such good care of us.
in Montreal, QC |
We came from Canada on a trip for my husband's company, when he developed an embarrassing problem, and we did our research online and found Dr Das. He was incredibly nice, very intelligent, and really worked with our travel schedule to get us through two operations to take of what we thought was a socially disastrous problem. He was timely, professional and we felt like he cared
in Houston, TX |
I am saving you time and money. Do not bother to make an appointment whit this doctor. He does not provide time for patient, not explanation, staff is a mess and have not receive my test results from past procedures. But he did charge for the consultation.
Atlanta, GA |
My operation was scheduled for 1 pm, but the doctor never showed up. I stayed at the hospital from 10 am till 7 pm with the hospital nurse kept on telling me that the doctor was coming soon for the whole day. I finally walked out the hospital without the operation. The doctor's office never called me for a follow up schedule or even apology. I ended more than $1500 hospital bill for a service that I did not receive.
in Highlands |
Dr. Das treated my mother for a bowel blockage recently. He performed two surgeries that were minimally invasive. Throughout the process Dr. Das ensured that both mom and I knew what he planned to do, the expected outcome, and what to expect next. He is very friendly, kind, compassionate, and informative. He called me several times when I had questions or concerns. I respect him and have been glad to recommend him to people who need this type of specialist.
Have you seen Dr. Bidhan B. Das, MD?
Are you Dr. Das?

Compare Dr. Das

Dr. Das' Care Philosophy

Dr. Das' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery

Dr. Das has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Das' Board Certifications

Graduated in 2002

• Other Education
    Howard Hughes Med Inst-Harvard Med Sch

Completed in 2005

Dr. Das does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Das and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Endoscopy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Removal
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colectomy
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Rectal Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Pelvic Floor Repair
  • Pelvic Laparoscopy
  • Pelvic Surgery
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectal Surgery
  • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
  • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM) for Rectal Tumors