Dr. Bidhan Das, MD

Dr. Bidhan Das, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male

As a surgeon I believe all patients are entitled to attentive, detailed, and intelligent care with outstanding service. While I hope a patient's interaction with any physician is a therapeutic one, I feel that I uniquely provide a dedication to excellence while trying to emulate a combination of clinical acumen with an academic attention-to-detail. Additionally, it is my hope to provide a friendly and caring demeanor that welcomes and provides a safe haven to discuss very personal problems.

Dr. Bidhan Das, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Das is affiliated with Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital, Houston Northwest Medical Center, Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital, Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center, Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.

Dr. Das' Experience

See how Dr. Das' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Das

Dr. Das accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 8 hospitals where Dr. Das has admitting privileges.

Dr. Das' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Das to family and friends
Dr. Das' Performance
Houston, TX |
I have been very satisfied with my procedure and am surprised at my recovery.
Houston, TX |
Hs is patient and attentive to your request. I drilled him with questions and he answered them all throughly.
Sugar Land, TX |
He is very thorough and really interested in making sure she addresses everything. he is compassionate and empathetic which is hard to find in today's healthcare field. he listens and is willing and wants to help you in anyway possible. I would even definitely recommend him as a primary health provider if he did that kind of thing.
in Houston, TX |
Fantastic personality, looks at you and really listens to what you have to say. Nice to see his smile when he greats you. I am nervous enough going to a doctor, let alone a proctologist. I wish Natalie were still around but Dr Das KEEP IT UP!!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Houston, TX |
I am very satisfied with the results of my treatment. Dr Das is professional and explains the treatment in terms I can understand.
Sugar Land, TX |
Direct, to the point, and he won't beat around the bush or perform unnecessary treatments. I've been very pleased with my interactions with him and his staff, and would recommend his services to anyone needing relief
Texas |
Dr Das is great. After many years of suffering from stomach issues, Dr Das finally got to the bottom of it and I am feeling so much better. Very warm and compassionate.
in Houston |
Excellent physician, I would recommend Dr. Das to friends and family
in houston |
I have a family history of colon cancer and always feel at ease after a visit with Dr. Das.
in Mildred, LA |
He is a very competent, caring Doctor who performed surgery on me. During the time I was in the hospital, he was so kind and caring.
in Houston, TX |
From start to finish it was a pleasant experience, especially for a first experience. When making the appt. the staff went over what was needed for preparation. Dr Das and the staff that performed the procedure were very informative and went through all the steps with me. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
in houston |
Great experience, for the first time. The prep is only negative thing, but it worked for what needed to be done. Dr. Das was great, the facility was great-loved all the nurses, the anethesia was also great! Thank you for making my first time great. It was not as big of a deal.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Das and his staff were great! The surgical facility & it's staff were helpful and friendly. I'll see them all again in a couple of years.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Das has alwkays been very compassionate helpful and understanding. He listens to the problems I have and does his best to help me in anyway.
Houston, TX |
Dr Das is very personable and responsive to the variety of issues I have experienced. Great person and great professional.
Houston, TX |
My husband got a referral from an old co-worker about him, we both go to see him, his staff isn't great, he takes the time to listen, he understands and there really needs to be more doctors like him!
Houston |
He is lovely. He is very helpful and shows that he cares. Dr Das explains things in a way you can understand.
in Houston, TX |
He takes time to listen to you. Which is rare nowadays. He spent 45 minutes listening to my life story before we ever talked about surgery -- Ms Erico
in The Woodlands, TX |
I've been looking for a good doctor for years. My husband found Dr. Das online and suggested that I make an appointment. I'm glad I did. Dr. Das took time to get to know me and my history. He also listened to my concerns and is a very friendly, down-to-earth physician that wants to help you. I would absolutely recommend her.
in houston |
Great service, fast decision-making when my mom was very sick in the emergency department. Grateful that Memorial Hermann had him on the speed-dial!
in Houston, TX |
Dr Das works very hard to make sure you have very precise care for your condition. We met him at the Memorial Hermann Health Fair in our area he is very nice
Sugar Land, TX |
A very different kind of doctor -- very kind. listens. Would never pass up his office appointments.
in Houston |
FAN OF DR DAS!!!! NOT A FAN OF UT. the system is bogged down with a bunches of inefficiency but Dr Das pushes his people to be the best
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Das call me back when I had concerns even on the weekend That was most helpful
in Houston, TX |
I commend Dr. Das, I 'm a patient for about 4 years and He's very understanding, patient and informative about my health. The staff's really good , like Natalie, she's patient about answering all my questions. Thanks, and may God bless You All!
in Los Rios, TX |
He was my surgeon when I was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2012. I trust him and his staff wholeheartedly and have recommended him to numerous friends and family members. He is the the only colorectal surgeon I will see.
in Houston, TX |
Outstanding Doctor and staff! Very helpful and Nurse Victoria is very good at returning phone calls about any concerns.
Houston |
Warm and welcoming. Always a joy to be around such a welcoming doctor
in Houston, TX |
Always Nice & Very Humble & concerned. Always Starts Conservative in treatment & assessment. Patient with the Processes. Doesn't Rush to judgment nor treatment aspects.
in Houston, TX |
My husband would rather take a beating than go to a doctor for anything, much less a colonoscopy, but Dr. Das was great with him. He breezed through the procedure and has deep confidence in him.
in Houston, TX |
Very thorough in consultation. Procedure was fast, easy, and painless. Great bedside manner. Procedure started on time, was back home in couple hours. Highly recommend Dr Das.
in Houston, TX |
My OB doctor referred me to Dr Das and I am very happy she did. I have had a colonoscopy and surgery now with Dr Das and both experiences were great. He is very thorough in explaining the procedure before you have it done and after the procedure tells you & shows you with pictures what He saw and is going to do
in Houston, TX |
He was very excellent. He is a patient-focused professional. I highly recommend him and the Digestive Disease Center.
in Houston, TX |
Im not sure this review is showing up but I think this doctor is great. Prompt. Listens. Cares. Good personality. Fantastic doctor!
in Rosenberg, TX |
My wife and I were patients of the Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital for quite some time, and Dr Das saw us while we were at the main campus. We were very impressed so we wrote this message after filling out the other paperwork from his office. they were very kind and explained my condition to me and my wife rapidly but in a way very slowly so we could understand . when you are facing a cancer diagnosis you dont hear anything except the word "cancer"
in The Woodlands, TX |
I was so impressed with the way he came into my hospital room, took a chair to sit in, listened to my needs, talked to both of my sons who are doctors (one is an orthopedic surgeon and the other is a neurosurgeon), talked to my primary care doctor, and really cared about the way he presented the information to me. Like other reviewing people said he takes the time to draw out the operations, and Instead of being condescending and arrogant he was kind .
in Houston, TX |
I'm an official for practice of specialty physicians in the Houston metro area, and I would not hesitate to name Dr Das among the best I have ever worked with. He took Extra Special Care of my Mom when she had a devestating illness. It was like he would never give up on her, and he spent so much time with her. I think he is an unsung hero of a doctor.
in Houston, TX |
My gastro doctor referred Doctor Das as the person I should see for my problem. He was outstanding. He took the time to hear what I had to say instead of just rushing me along. I felt like he obsessed about every detail until everything was perfect. Type A and very serious about his job. Also really nice guy. If you need a colon and rectal surgeon, this is your man for the job!
in Atlanta, GA |
Had a fistula procedure done by Dr. Das yesterday and everything went so well that I'm already back coaching my son's team today! He was very kind and reassuring before the surgery and extremely professional. I felt absolutely no pain even after the surgery. I think he is a great colorectal surgeon and would only trust him if I ever needed further surgeries. 5 stars is a well deserved rating!
in Atlanta, GA |
As a young woman I was very nervous and porbably very shy about seeing the doctor for something I thought was embarrassing but Dr Bidhan Das made it easy and I am very happy to say that he has an overall excellent practice and great physician! Have referred many family and friends to Dr. Das!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in Sugar Land, TX |
Such a great physician. He makes me smile every time I see him and it has been a year after major surgery and he always takes the time to ask after me and after my daughters. Ladies, this is a safe space for you to talk about your personal things and with Dr. Das there are no dumb qeuestions
Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Das is the WORST Colorectal Surgeon in Houston. He is arrogant, condescending, and does not consider his patients best interest. I would advise to pass on him.
in Houston, TX |
He really took great care of us. I would not hesitate to name him as one of the best surgeons in Houston for all the help he gave me as a patient. I am so genuinely blessed to have been taken care of by him
in Phoenix, AZ |
Gives everything to his patients --- I only say this because I watched this man work himself to death more than I have seen any other doctor work for his patients. My wife and I were in his waiting room and then waiting for our son's surgery to be finished, and we saw him talk to so many families and really just sit down and talk to them and be sociable and make sure they understood just what was going on and just what could be happening to them we feel like jesus blessed us with him
in el campo |
We met Dr Das for the first time in the sugarland hermann hospital where he helped my grandfather -- he really cares and works very hard to make sure you have the best We told our primary care doctor to only make him our GI doctor
in Los Angeles, CA |
I visited my grandfather in houston while he was being treated for cancer, and I want to remark on the individual care he gave him. My grandfather was having complications from chemo, and other doctors thought certain things and put them in the chart and anonymous all the time but Dr Das took the time to talk to everyone and sit down and talk with us and listened to what we had to say
in Plano, TX |
Took care of us after multiple attempts to reach our original surgeon. We went from long hours waiting for our other colorectal surgeon to literally less than five minutes or earlier appoints with Dr Das.
in New York, NY |
Got sick in houston and this guy took great care of me. It was actually a problem ive had for a long time, and I was visiting family and a bunch of states between me and my usual surgeon.
Houston,TX |
Dr Das is an arrogant pompous colorectal surgeon. He is more concerned about earning RVU's than he is about his patients. He has been my worst experience with a physician yet. Many great colorectal guys in Houston. Please pass on Dr. Das
in Newark, NJ |
Wow! Best Colorectal Surgeon in Texas. After years and years and two other surgeons -- one was his older partner, one was a surgeon with another group I took my my mother and I (we both have genetic syndromes) to him and he did operations on both of us. He worked so hard, listened, sat down with us, talked with us. He didnt have other people handle our concerns, he called us to talk with us about results, and he was so kind. We teach classes about cancer, and we tell people about Dr Das!
Have you seen Dr. Bidhan Das, MD?
Are you Dr. Das?

Compare Dr. Das

Dr. Das' Care Philosophy

Dr. Das' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery

Dr. Das has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Das' Board Certifications

Graduated in 2002

• Other Education
    Howard Hughes Med Inst-Harvard Med Sch

Completed in 2005

Dr. Das does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Das and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Endoscopy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Removal
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colectomy
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Rectal Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Pelvic Floor Repair
  • Pelvic Laparoscopy
  • Pelvic Surgery
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectal Surgery
  • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
  • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM) for Rectal Tumors