Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. Bidhan Das, MD
Dr. Bidhan Das, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Das is affiliated with Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, Houston Northwest Medical Center, Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital, Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital, Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center, Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.

6550 Fannin St Ste 2307

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • EmblemHealth
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HAP Insurance
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Das

As a surgeon I believe all patients are entitled to attentive, detailed, and intelligent care with outstanding service. While I hope a patient's interaction with any physician is a therapeutic one, I feel that I uniquely provide a dedication to excellence while trying to emulate a combination of clinical acumen with an academic attention-to-detail. Additionally, it is my hope to provide a friendly and caring demeanor that welcomes and provides a safe haven to discuss very personal problems.

Dr. Das' Experience

Dr. Das' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Endoscopy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Removal
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colectomy
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Rectal Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Pelvic Floor Repair
  • Pelvic Laparoscopy
  • Pelvic Surgery
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectal Surgery
  • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
  • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM) for Rectal Tumors

• Colon and Rectal Clinic Of Houston
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Howard Hughes Med Inst-Harvard Med Sch
    Other Education | Completed 2005

Dr. Das has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Das does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Das and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Das' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Das to family and friends
Dr. Das' Performance
in Houston, TX |
Truly caring and a known expert in his field. He made sure I had all of the information and options but will recommend what he feels is the best option, even if that means no surgery at all Wish the hospital was as good as he is.
in Houston TX |
Very caring.and thoughtful with judgements and he makes you and your family see the way he looks at the problem with easier language. With medication luckily I didn't have to have surgery, but I would have had it if I needed it from him, I know I was in good hands.
in Lafayette, LA |
What a blessing!! Made me feel comfortable with my pants down while a stranger checked my backside. As a man, that's tough. Thank you for everything.
in Houston, TX |
Rectal fistula surgery. Not fun. This surgeon did it expertly and with great results.
in Houston, TX |
What a blessing to have Dr. Das as my doctor. He is a wonderful surgeon and compassionate person. Truly an expert. The best at what he does and yet humble. Refreshing attitude.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Das performed surgery on my dad, He said that during the surgery he was tempted to go to a larger incision but remembered my dad asking for tiny incisions if possible. Rarely have we felt that a surgeon "heard" us or gave any weight to what we said. We are grateful for his surgical excellence and his gentle, understanding demeanor
in Houston, TX |
Epitomy of Professionalis. Best bedside manners! Listens, understands, talks to you, shows you what your surgery will be like. You feel ready before surgery and after surgery. Just love this Doctor. I would highly recommend him to everyone. . This doctor met me at the hospital on a weekend before I was even his patient to discuss options. He encouraged me to get second opinion and to stick with my first colorectal surgeon. I chose Dr Das instead.
in Houston, TX |
Amazing doctor. very compassionate and his skills are second to none. highly recommended if you need a first or second opinion. Really makes thoughtful and clearly experienced decisions for you and your family. My wife and I have both needed his services, and have chosen against other (unfortunately top-rated_ colorectal surgeons.
in Houston, TX |
Was totally helpful in resolving my medical problem which was painful and uncomfortable. He was funny, practical and caring.
in Bellaire, TX |
Grateful to be able to write this review. Dr. Das looked at me as a PERSON - an individual. He has followed me closely and always asks how I am, how I am feeling, what's going on, etc. As a retired physician, he allowed me to be a part of the decision making team and doesn't just tell me what to do. I follow up with her as opposed to my GI doc because he works with me. nice to see a younger doctor who hasn't forgotten the ways we were all taught to be physicians.
in Houston, TX |
I echo the other reviewers! I am so glad I found Dr. Das. He's very professional, warm, takes the time to fully listen and answered all of my questions. Because I was flying in and out of Houston, his staff had to remember all of my particular scheduling concerns and he had to have the staff follow up on my insurance concerns. The surgery went smoothly. I just had a good feeling about him from the start and felt I could trust him. A+.
in Houston, TX |
Thank Goodness for Dr Das. He cares seriously about me as a patient and is always encouraging and positive. He takes time to explain my symptoms and care. When he refers, he only sends me to the best doctors, and once we are at the top we stay there. For me, diagnosed a rare kind of cancer that was previously misdiagnosed by another colorectal surgeon. He helped me obtain effective treatment for this stage 4 cancer and I have survived more than four years since the treatment.
in Bellaire, TX |
Dr. Das took the time to explain the situation in detail and made sure I understood what it was that he was saying and spent time answering the questions that I had. Incidentally, Dr Das was part of the team that demo'ed my house after Harvey. I was SHOCKED.
in Lake Charles, LA |
One of the best Doctors in Houston. As a polite young lady, i am not going to go in to details but every time i have visited him , he was detailed, very aware of anything that might cause me discomfort and unlike many similar physicians always made sure to spend time and attention to every detail of my case. I got three opinions from the three highest ranked people and I CHOSE Dr Das. He also performed a minor surgery that went with flying colors.
in Missouri City, TX |
Best colorectal surgeon in Houston. Period. Awesome credentials, and his confidence reassured me. So humble. I had surgery on my left colon after another highly rated surgeon (Don't trust everything you read) Dr. Das and Ms. Victoria were incredibly helpful and friendly. I felt right at home and was fully informed about every step of the process. After a difficult but minimally invasive surgery Dr Das reversed what the other surgeon did.
in Houston, TX |
Every aspect of the care I received from Dr. Das was excellent. From our first consultation meeting to the post-surgery follow-up I felt relaxed, listened to, cared about and treated with dignity. Competence, professionalism, friendliness, and timeliness are appropriate descriptors of Dr Das. One of the best things one feels when being treated Dr Das is that he is not rushed and patient oriented. You do not feel that you are anything less than special to him and have his whole time.
in Houston, TX |
We are visiting from Australia for business and Dr Das went out of his way to make sure my son received an emergency operation . I was very impressed with his explanation of the procedure and the post operative care. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his.
in Fresno, TX |
My surgery was not an emergency so I was able to consult with multiple surgeons prior to undergoing surgery. I wanted a surgeon who specialized in pelvic organ disorders, performed a large number of procedures annually and trained in minimally invasive procedures. Dr Das and his credentials reputation and particularly taking the time to make a personalized approached impressed me and I am very satisfied
in Westchester, NY and Houston, Tx |
We are true believers in Dr Das. We are moving away from houston and still travel to make both of our appointments every single time we come into this hot town. He is so thoughtful and considers all the angles before suggesting even the smallest operations. i had the big one my wife had the small one. We are very grateful.
The Woodlands, TX |
I am anolder lady who has more mature colorn and rectum problems, and Dr Das was discrete, thoughtful and made me feel secure by sitting down and talking to me and then expalinging the options clearly
in Katy, TX |
Experience was awesome. He works his a** off for you to have a great outcome and custom designs like a whole matrix for you and for your surgery (in my case a cancer surgery) He surprised and shocked me with my own recovery. Professional and obviously caring.
in Missouri City, TX |
Dr. Das is an amazing doctor. He is caring, patient, kind bedside manner & goes over and beyond. He is my sons all time favorite doctor. We trust him and are thankful for him everyday!! We are incredibly blessed to have him on my sons medical team.
in Mildred, LA |
Simply the best. My daughters think the world of him and have gone to him after a health fair back in 2015. The new office staff could use some work, but Dr Das is very well qualified and looks after the most complex stuff we could trhow at him . a real winner and someone we would recommend
in Destin, FL |
Harvard - yes please! Yale- yes Please! Really sits down to think and talk with you about not just doing a surgery or recommending surgery or patting you on theback and saying its going to be ok . saved my father's life from an untimely demise . Hard working guy who gave us personalized service after flying for a second opinion from Florida and then from two other colorectal surgeons. Took his time to get to know us. We formally thank you, Dr Das.
in New Orleans, LA |
We came from New Orleans and were blown away. We moved back and still come to see Dr Das for followups. Hes a rare breed of older type of physician who listens talks to you like youre his kin and then asks you for your thoughts like it was back in they day
in Pasadena, TX |
the best! He makes you feel safte to talk about difficult issues, he is a very good communicator and is completely professional. his office also created a payment plan when I was a cash patient which was very much appreciated.
in Orlando, FL |
After seeing another colorectal surgeon in Florida and then in Alabama I saw Dr Das who cahnged my life by correcting my issue after a long talk and looking at all of the charts i brought to his office after three trips just to bring all the paperwork and the images
in The Woodlands, TX |
Pushes the cutting edge of minimal invasive surgery! Very pleased and i tell people they cant find my incision
in Rosenberg, TX |
By far the most thorough doctor I have ever seen, even though I was there for abdominal issues she asked general questions my GP didn't even ask. I would never go to another colon/rectal specialist and recommend him to all of my family, friends and colleagues. I have worked with many physicians to date I have never met another physician that cares more
in Willis, TX |
After two different medical centers and four colorectal surgeons Dr Das was the only one who listened before brushing me off to surgical procedures Five star recommended yes please!
in Missouri City, TX |
Attentive, responsive, and knows his work. Very pleased to meet Dr Das and I would name him among the best in his field. Exceptional judgment calls after taking care of my ailing wife -- unified a group of disagreeing doctors by just talking to them.
Missouri City |
Great doctor and a very classy doctor like we had in the 1960's -- he explained everything I needed to know in detail before the office hour was over and weeks before the surgery, and also why I needed to have this surgery done. I could not have asked for more patient and understanding Dr I am an older woman and I was very nervous about meeting this kind of doctor but it went very well
in Glendale |
Cali transplant from Texas! I *still* go back to see Dr Das for my regular follow up visits. He created a very detailed step by step plan, and he takes care of my mom in Hedwig Village too. We are very grateful for a doctor that takes the time and talks to you not down to you I would not hesitate to name him for the best in the league
in Tomball |
Impressive. Sits down and listens to you and then walks you through all the steps. Different than any doctor experience -- no rushing you out.
in Houston, TX |
Young women with embarrassing problems-- stop here first! Dr Das worked with me after my two babies were born and because of all the problems with a difficult pregnancy. And he worked with me..and worked.... and worked with me...and worked with me.... and worked with me... he is very hard working. He is very nice. I was very comfortable.
in Houston, TX |
This guy kept me healthy and happy no matter happened. He worked with my family to improve my mood while I dealt with a cancer diagnosis. I was scared, frustrated, and angry, and Dr Das has the metal to deal with it all no matter whatever!
Houston |
I feel like most doctors herd the public in and push us out as if we are cattle! I am 100% confident in his practice and skill level and the time he takes in taking care of you. Straight talk, talks to all of your family too! Such a great guy!
Houston |
Great service and very attentive to the patient's needs.... not just about surgery or knowing things more about doing things and making sure youre a partner in it
Houston |
the doctor has always treated me with respect, and showed his compassion, understanding, and wealth of knowledge
in Chicago, IL |
Came out of town to see Dr Das on a recommendation from a friend and I was glad I did He and i both had issues with cancer and we have joined an education team about it -- great care , really great guy
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Das has been time well spent! I drive from out of town to use him. I have also recommended his care to many of my family. He is your quarterback.
in Austin, TX |
Thorough and knowledgeable, and he doesn't talk over your head or down to you. Made me feel like I was his priority. There were many patients there, but I had his attention.
in Houston |
Prompt and punctual. Explained in detail what my problem was and recommended a colonoscopy. He explained what to expect. It was a very good experience.
Houston, TX |
I have been very satisfied with my procedure and am surprised at my recovery.
Houston, TX |
Hs is patient and attentive to your request. I drilled him with questions and he answered them all throughly.
Sugar Land, TX |
He is very thorough and really interested in making sure she addresses everything. he is compassionate and empathetic which is hard to find in today's healthcare field. he listens and is willing and wants to help you in anyway possible. I would even definitely recommend him as a primary health provider if he did that kind of thing.
in Houston, TX |
Fantastic personality, looks at you and really listens to what you have to say. Nice to see his smile when he greats you. I am nervous enough going to a doctor, let alone a proctologist. I wish Natalie were still around but Dr Das KEEP IT UP!!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Houston, TX |
I am very satisfied with the results of my treatment. Dr Das is professional and explains the treatment in terms I can understand.
Sugar Land, TX |
Direct, to the point, and he won't beat around the bush or perform unnecessary treatments. I've been very pleased with my interactions with him and his staff, and would recommend his services to anyone needing relief
Texas |
Dr Das is great. After many years of suffering from stomach issues, Dr Das finally got to the bottom of it and I am feeling so much better. Very warm and compassionate.
Have you seen Dr. Bidhan Das, MD?
Are you Dr. Das?

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
    Carelink HMO
    Emblem Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA