Dr. Bharat Desai, MD

Dr. Bharat Desai, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Bharat Desai, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Golden, CO. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Read his story

660 Golden Ridge Rd Ste 250

Golden, CO 80401

Learn about Dr. Desai

See how frequently Dr. Desai performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ankle Sprains and Strains
Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
Limb Pain

Dr. Desai's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Desai's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Desai "Bharat M. Desai, MD is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon in Denver specializing in musculoskeletal trauma and foot and ankle. He graduated from Swarthmore College and then earned his medical degree from Temple University in 1990. Having a special interest in orthopedic trauma, he completed a trauma fellowship program at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. He joined our practice in August 1996. His current interests are pelvis and acetabular fractures, complex intraarticular fractures and complex foot and ankle disorders. In conjunction with Dr. Lammens, Dr. Desai specializes in malunions, non-unions and traumatic reconstructions."

This content was provided by Dr. Desai "To practice high quality orthopedic care for my patients. The philosophy is the patient drives the practice. The employees are team members who are mutually accountable and pursue our goal of high quality care in a team approach."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Foot and Ankle Disorders
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lower Extremity Trauma
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Multiple Injuries
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Swarthmore College
  • Harborview Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Cum Laude Society, 1982
  • Sigma XI Society, 1986
  • Divergent Alignment of Femoral Interference Screws in Single Incision Endoscopic Reconstruction of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament, 1994

Dr. Desai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Desai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Desai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Desai to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Desai's Performance
in Littleton, CO |
Very personable and empathetic Addresses fears and concerns readily and is very reassuring.
Parker, CO |
Dr. Desai was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with my condition. He was kind and answered all my questions. I also appreciated that he was on time to the appointment and didn’t keep me waiting for. A long time.
in Bozeman, MT |
Dr. Desai was very thorough in explaining why my foot is hurting. I am confident in his plan to give me relief and help me walk comfortably again.
in Pine, CO |
Dr. Desai walked in with a smile on his face. It was clear to me that he read my chart as he addressed me by my name. Dr. Desai explained everything thoroughly. What I had boken and the steps I had to take to heel properly. I was well taken care of. Check-in procedure was awesome by the way. Thank you very much.
Mckinney, TX |
The office was extremely busy the morning of my appointment and I had to wait awhile, but Dr. Desai took the time to talk with me about my condition, was calmly reassuring, and I left confident of my outcome.
Denver, CO |
Excellent doctor Patience and love for people
in Golden, CO |
Dr Desai clearly explained my condition and took corrective action immediately.
in Broomfield, CO |
Dr. Desai is a wonderful doctor. Very skilled and a wonderful personality. Would highly recommend him.
Westminster, Colorado |
Caring, courteous, pleasant, and personable. Efficient with time, but does take the time to explain necessary procedures.
in Denver, CO |
I would highly recommend Dr Desai. He took the time to explain and answer my questions. I will not hesitate to go back.
Littleton, CO |
Smooth and efficient appointment that started right on time. Quick meeting with him but he did explain my issue and how to resolve it. Didn't make me take any extra and unnecessary or expensive steps. Would recommend him over others I've met with.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Desai first treated me 18 mos ago for a broken clavicle. He gave it a few weeks to begin healing then we ultimately decided to plate it as healing was very slow. It was the right decision and he set the expectations very well. 17 mos later he did a second surgery to remove the plating, again he set correct expectations. He was always very compassionate and caring, he was always available when I needed him. I would highly recommend him, and will not hesitate to go back. Thanks Dr Desai
Littleton, CO |
Dr. Desai was very helpful and explained everything clearly. He even asked if I needed anything else before he left the room. Dr. Desai explained my diagnosis in terms that I would understand.
in Golden, CO |
I fell off a ladder in October and broke my heel bone into three pieces. On October 21st I had surgery with Dr. Desai, receiving a plate and 8 screws. Before and after the surgery, Dr. Desai was very confident and upbeat. I found this encouraging. Early on, my wife said "No skiing for you this year!", to which Dr. Desai said, "Hmmm, maybe spring skiing." That became a goal to work toward, and on March 31st I skied at Aspen for two days. The foot performed great! Thanks Dr. Desai!
in Arvada, CO |
I fractured my ankle and had surgery in South Africa. I went to another surgeon at Panorama Orthopedic for follow-up care who was rude and didn't provide adequate care. I wasn't healing normally so I switched to Dr. Desai. I think he is the most amazing, caring orthopedic surgeon I've ever met. He took me in and ended up having to do another surgery to take out the hardware on my ankle since it had become infected. He explained everything thoroughly. I appreciate Dr. Desai immensely.
in Denver |
I visited Dr. Desai for what I thought was a sprained ankle. I have general confidence in Panorama Orthopedics but did not know him. It was just so clear that he knows what he is doing, he is very smart (important to me), and he is curious. He diagnosed my condition quickly and effortlessly, prescribed a protocol and did not over-prescribe with unnecessary follow ups. I highly recommend him.
Denver, CO |
I will NEVER recommend Desai to anyone ever. He did surgery on my foot & butchered it in all of the 10 minutes he decided to designate to my foot. He cut nerves, tendons & with his lack of concern caused my foot to become extremely infected. I was horrified at the outcome & the LACK OF QUALITY of his surgical skills!!! I found another surgeon to correct his MESS on my foot, 2 1/2 hours of surgery. I have come across other victims of his surgery. HORRIBLE OUTCOME! He deserves 0 stars. A butcher
Evergreen, CO |
He pretends to listen, but forgets most things. In and out in a flash or sends a PA. Unsuccessful surgery so he just refers you to pain management instead of trying to fix the problem.
in Castle Rock, CO |
The first ankle sprain that my wife went to Dr. Desai for, last year, he was very good. She had a pretty bad one this last time, high ankle sprain. We had to 2 appointments and the doctor never came in to examine her either time. Instead he sent in the PA both times. When I make an appointment with a doctor I expect to at least see the doctor, not the PA. Once maybe but not for 2 appointments. Very disappointing. I gave a poor rating to the provider because we never saw the doctor.
in Lakewood, CO |
I had a shattered my pelvis from a cycling accident. I knew it was bad, but didn't realize how bad it was until after the surgery. The day before, Dr. Desai visited me to explain everything and encouraged my then panicking mind that everything would be ok. He knew I was very active and assured me I'd be back to riding with a full (99%) recovery. I was back on the bike 2 weeks after crutches and racing 6 weeks later. Highly recommend for pelvic surgery.
He cared
Have you seen Dr. Bharat Desai, MD?
Are you Dr. Desai?