Dr. Beverly Shafer, MD

Dr. Beverly Shafer, MD

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Female

I know that every person's needs are of the utmost concern to them, and every patient deserves the time and attention it takes for me to fully understand their needs. My philosophy is to offer patients my undivided attention and to perform their surgery as if it is the only plastic surgery operation they will ever have or need. My background as an artist gives me a particular way of visualizing surfaces that I can recreate in three dimensions.  Artistry and perfection are the key. Plastic Surgery requires finesse, whether the goal is facial rejuvenation, body re-contouring, breast reconstruction or correcting unsatisfactory results.  I perform surgery using the latest innovations  and techniques and plan to continue to bring new approaches to my patients of the North Shore. Outside of the work environment, I enjoy rugged outdoor experiences such as high-altitude skiing and horse-back travel, as well as good cuisine and reading.

Dr. Beverly Shafer, MD is a plastic & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Beverly, MA. She is 66 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Shafer is affiliated with North Shore Medical Center and Beverly Hospital.

Dr. Shafer's Experience

See how Dr. Shafer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shafer

Dr. Shafer accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Shafer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shafer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shafer to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Shafer's Performance
in Gloucester, MA |
Dr.Beverly Shafer is a true artist and did an amazing job with my breast reconstruction 2 years after my lumpectomy and radiation as a result of breast cancer. She took time with me during my consultation and was very caring and compassionate! I'm so happy with my reconstruction and saline implants! The day of my surgery she was running late and when she finished my husband was not contacted by Dr. Shafer after waiting all day in the waiting room, he was upset understandingly so! Dawn Toye
in Lynnfield, MA |
Dr. Shafer was amazing last July, when my 12 yr old daughter was bitten by a dog in the chest area. In the ER at Beverly Hospital, Dr. Shafer and her team not only did an incredible job with the medical aspect of stitching the injury (in an incredibly private and tender area), but were also very attentive to my daughter's emotions. I would enthusiastically encourage anyone with a non-emergency or emergency plastic surgery issue to seek Dr. Shafer's advice and expertise. She is wonderful!
in Gloucester, MA |
How do you "forget" to speak with a family member, waiting for 4 hours, following 2 hour surgery? My wife had surgery a week ago at Lahey Beverly. I would think speaking with the family member, or delegating someone else to communicate, would be as important as scrubbing in. Thoroughness should be a priority. Dr. Shafer failed at following through. Surgical liaisons wrote my name, cell# accurately, since I was waiting. It leaves me to wonder if something else is wrong. Jeff Toye (angry spouse)
in Beverly, MA |
Could not have had a better experience and outcome. BEST CHOICE I've ever made was choosing Dr. Shafer.
in Boxford, MA |
My experience with Dr. Shafer was a complete nightmare. I would seriously caution anyone considering going to her for surgery. She seems rushed, unsympathetic and at some points I felt like she was just down right mean. I don't think she had any bedside manner and zero empathy for what I was going through. She made multiple mistakes with my care. Its clear that its all about the money and nothing to do about caring for the patient. Keep looking for a surgeon.
in Manchester, MA |
Dr. Shafer and her staff are always professional and reassuring as well as pleasant and friendly. Seldom does one find a physician who provides top grade skills as well as a warm and comforting demeanor. Being treated by Dr. Shafer and her staff come closer than any other physician to making a treatment into a very pleasant visit with a good friend.
Have you seen Dr. Beverly Shafer, MD?
Are you Dr. Shafer?

Compare Dr. Shafer

Dr. Shafer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shafer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Breast Ptosis
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hidradenitis
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Second-Degree Burns

New England Medical Center

Completed in 1985

Gt Ormond St Hosps For Sick Chldn
    University Of Massachusetts Medical Center

Dr. Shafer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shafer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Abdominoplasty
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Captique™ Injection
  • Collagen Injection
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Lift - Parts of the Body Other than Face
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Plastic Cosmetic Surgery