Dr. Bertrand Kaper, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Bertrand Kaper, MD
Dr. Bertrand Kaper, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Prescott, AZ. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Kaper is affiliated with Yavapai Regional Medical Center - West Campus and HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center.

Dr. Kaper's Care Philosophy

How do I practice medicine? SImply put, I work to develop a partnership with my patients. Probably the most important thing I need to know is how your physical problem affects your life- more specifically your quality of life. My goal is to develop a dialogue with you, through which I strive to help you understand your unique orthopaedic pathology and your treatment choices. Many patients I see for their orthopaedic problems can be managed with conservative care- in other words, just because you come into the orthopaedic "surgery" office, does not mean you will necessarily need surgery. If a non-surgical option is available, I will explain that treatment in detail. If we, collectively, decide that surgery is the best treatment choice for you, we provide you with the resources and education to help you understand the entire process- from pre-operative treatment, to the surgery itself and then through the recovery process.

Dr. Kaper's Experience

See how Dr. Kaper's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kaper

Dr. Kaper accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Kaper is now accepting new patients
Orthopaedic Specialists of Central Arizona3655 Crossings Dr
Prescott, AZ 86305
(928) 778-9250Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Kaper has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kaper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kaper to family and friends
based on 1 review (2 with comments)
Dr. Kaper Says:

One of the challenges I face in my practice is time management. My office is very careful about scheduling office visits. However, I will occasionally find myself late for scheduled appointments. If this occurs, it is typically because of an emergency or because another patient's problem is more complex, therefore requiring additional time. If I am late for your appointment, I do apologize.

Dr. Kaper's Performance
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Kaper is a very gifted surgeon. I had a complete anterior right hip replacement done in June 2017. Within three weeks, I was feeling great and able to do all the things that I was doing prior to surgery, without pain. I love the thoroughness of Dr. Kaper. He has a very efficient, caring professional staff that guide you with timelines and procedures. When meeting with Dr. Kaper, I was most impressed with how well he listened to my concerns and then explained patiently in layman lang.
in Prescott Valley, AZ |
Outstanding surgeon as well as support team. When I have to replace my other knee, I will only trust Dr. Kaper and would travel across the country to benefit from his remarkable skills.
Have you seen Dr. Bertrand Kaper, MD?
Are you Dr. Kaper?

Compare Dr. Kaper

Dr. Kaper's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kaper says...

I have over 15 years of experience in Orthopaedics.  As a fellowship trained specialist in joint replacement surgery, I have performed over 4000 joint replacement surgeries.  This includes hip, knee and shoulder replacements - ranging from partial knee replacements to hip resurfacing to reverse shoulder replacements.

Dr. Kaper says...

As part of my practice, I not only perform primary or first-time joint replacement surgery, but also revision or "re-do" surgeries for previous joint replacements.

Dr. Kaper says...

Dr. Kaper's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kaper's Board Certifications

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Arthritis of the Shoulder
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Disorders