Dr. Bernard Shelton, MD

Dr. Bernard Shelton, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Saint Clair Shores Medical 30140 Harper Ave Ste 300, Saint Clair Shores, MI 48082 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Shelton's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Shelton's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Internal Medicinenull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Shelton

Dr. Shelton accepts 13 insurance carriers

13 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Reviewing Dr. Shelton

Dr. Shelton's Review Details
      2.5 based on 20 responses
      Experience with Dr. Shelton
      Dr. Shelton's Office & Staff
        31 – 45 minutes (19)
      Detroit, MI |
      Tarvae be lyin everytime i call she say my meds in n they aint! I need my blood pressure meds.
      in Detroit, MI |
      this the last time this doctor reschedul my appointmint every month I have otha thangs to do I get a ride they call this morning cancel my appointmint they dont anwser when I be callin them tho! I need my meds I cant be doin this I wait over a hour last month in tha waitin room then the doc dont come in! wurst doc eva!
      in St. Clair Shores, MI 48080 |
      I called two weeks ago and left a message with my information to receive a call back for an appointment, but received no response. Then I tried calling two days ago where I was placed on hold from 3:45 to 4:40 before the call hung up. It took me three attempts to call back where I was rudely spoken to by a lady interrogating me about my call as if I'd done something wrong. Once that was straightened out, I was placed on hold AGAIN and never received a call back for an appointment. Dismayed..
      in Fraser, mi |
      I chose Dr Shelton as my PCP through my insurance. It took 3 days of calling to finally get someone to answer the phone. I was then questioned for 15 minutes about what I wanted an appt for, why I switched my PCP, and if I was going to 'claim I had lower back pain to get pain pills', even after explaining I had MOVED and needed a new Dr for my CARDIAC medications. I was then told Dr Shelton wouldn't see me as I 'wasn't a good fit'. Stay away! They are totally unprofessional and rude.
      in Mount Clemens, MI |
      I really enjoy to see Dr. Shelton and having him as my doctor for the past six plus years, yes the time I wait in the waiting room and before I get to see the doctor might be longer than I liked in the beginning, but I think that the staff has improved and fixed some of the issues some people tend to think make it long...but it is worth the wait!! Dr. Shelton is a very caring doctor and listens, and makes the effort to see what worked with me. :-) VERY HAPPY!!
      Have you seen Dr. Shelton?
      Are you Dr. Shelton? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Shelton

Why It Matters: Dr. Shelton's Board Certifications

Dr. Shelton does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Shelton and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Dr. Shelton does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Shelton and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Universidad Tecnologica De Santiago, Santo Domingo Campus

Graduated in 1996

Huron Hospital

Completed in 2004

Hospital De La Concepcion

Completed in 2006

Dr. Shelton has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Shelton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
      • Board certified in Internal Medicine
      • Malpractice claims in Michigan not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Shelton

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Shelton's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Shelton

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Shelton's Care Philosophy

In the constant pursuit of happiness, health and well being are the key ingredients. Our office cares about your wellbeing and strives to achieve that goal with you.