Dr. Bernard R. Bach, MD

Dr. Bernard R. Bach, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 63 years old

There have been some tremendous advances in orthopedic sports medicine. Just taking my situation for example, I had an injury to my knee tore my anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments and it essentially terminated my intercollegiate career in football and baseball. And since the mid 80 s, we have been performing anterior cruciate ligament surgery on an outpatient basis. I ve performed these all outpatient since 1993. I do over 100 ACLs a year. I ve done over 2000 ligament reconstructions. And we ve critically analyzed clinically how our patients have done, and 95 percent of the patients have stable knees. Ninety-five percent of the patients are completely or mostly satisfied. Our clinical reoperation rate is extremely low. Our clinical revision rate is 1.5 percent. So this is an operation that now can be done on an outpatient basis with a very predictable outcome that allows individuals to continue to be active in hard-cutting, pivoting, sports.Read more

Dr. Bach's Experience

See how Dr. Bach's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bach

Dr. Bach accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Bach has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Bach
Dr. Bach's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (35)
Harvey, IL |
My shoulder is good as new. Dr Bach is an excellent doctor and surgeon.
in Joliet, IL |
Dr. Bach was very welcoming. After taking some time to get to know me, he got straight down to business, identified and explained the problem quickly and in a way I could understand, then got me scheduled that week for surgery. Surgery went very well, and they've kept close tabs on my recovery.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bach cares about you and it shows. I had nerve damage and knee issues caused by a surgery from another surgeon. Dr. Bach demonstrated the kind of care and compassion you only see from TV doctors. Two of my friends who have also had Dr. Bach as their doctor had remarkably effective surgery, resolving other issues, while appreciating that he demonstrated the type of concern you wish all doctors would show. Dr. Bach is a brilliant, genuine, kind & caring doctor.
He was EXTREMELY rude and has no bedside manner what-so-ever. I was having an immense amount of pain and he completely dismissed me. I had already had multiple knee surgeries prior to seeing him and he said there was no reason for me to be having so much pain. I also heard him speaking poorly about me in the hallway while I was in the patient room waiting for him to come in to examine me.
in Springfield, MO |
He wasn't kind at all. He was rude when our son was suffering. He did two surgeries on the same knee and wouldn't discuss his pain. He told our son that he needed to get emotional therapy because he was still in pain.
in Park Ridge, IL |
Outstanding results, Dr Bach has worked on both of my knees, with positive outcomes. He and his staff are efficient, communicative and caring.
Have you seen Dr. Bernard R. Bach, MD?
Are you Dr. Bach?

Dr. Bach's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bach's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Bach has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bach's Board Certifications

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Pyogenic Arthritis

Completed in 1984

Sports Medicine Fellowship, The Hospital For Special Surgery

Completed in 1986

• Polish

Dr. Bach does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bach and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral Meniscus Repair
  • Medial Meniscus Repair
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

Narrow your results

These featured providers are brought to you by and are on medical staff at: