Neurology  |
Dr. Benton Davidson, MD
Dr. Benton Davidson, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Salem, OR. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Davidson is affiliated with Salem Hospital.

1174 Cornucopia St NW Ste 240

Salem, OR 97304

• Kaiser Permanente
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Davidson

Dr. Davidson's Experience

Dr. Davidson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Brain Aneurysm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Syphilis Infections
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Tuberous Sclerosis
  • Vertebral Column Tumors
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• G Washington Univ Sch Med & Hlth Sci
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Mary Hitchcock Mem Hospital
  • St Francis Hospital Med Center

Dr. Davidson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Davidson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Davidson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Davidson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Davidson to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Davidson's Performance
in Dallas, OR |
I see Dr. Davidson every 6 months for monitoring of my seizure disorder. He has always had a friendly smile and very good bedside manners. Every time he has delivered a wonderful conversation during my visit. When I first started having seizures, he was the one who was able to describe to me exactly what was going on in my head and figured out the problem. His staff is amazing as well!when my spouse and I move out of state, I will be certain to return to him for my continuing treatment.
in Salem, OR |
I have gone to a few Neurologists in Salem and none of them are as informative, caring, funny and respectful as Dr. Davidson. After years of health issues, I have now been blessed with MS. Dr. Davidson has done more for me in the past year than any other specialty doctor has done for me in over 20 years. I get everything explained clearly and he even calls me after hours to go over more information. His banter about his life and the "government" just add to his unique personality, which I enjoy!
in Salem, OR |
I went to see Dr. Davidson today. I was so happy with how he explained every detail to me so I would understand exactly what was going on with me. Me has an amazing bedside manner and an executive presence that is deserves respect. He spent an hour and a half with me going over my entire medical history to make sure he didn't miss a thing. I am a medical professional and if there is ever a position open at his office I'm going to apply for it. This is my lifetime neurologist!
Salem, OR |
He started the appointment telling me how awful the government is, never asked me why I was there, the patient/doctor relationship was missing. I'm struggling to live my life w/constant problems and he didn't share the urgency. He tried to address historical problems that are resolved, prescribed a night sleep aid but I have a 6-month old baby and said I was afraid I wouldn't wake up. I asked what the side effects were. His response "I'll send the prescription, fill it if you want".
in Keizer, OR |
I adore Dr. Davidson. He makes doctor's appointments fun and informative. Explains things so that I have a full understanding of everything and is very attentive.
in Mehema Oregon |
Dr Davidson has been so helpful caring & patient with trying to get to the bottom of whatever it It that afflicts me. As of 8/4/16 I have had 7 or 8 MRIs, several CT scans, I've seen neural opthamologist, have had numorous blood tests, stool & urine tests none of which has shed any light on what my condition is. At recent neurologist convention Dr Davidson presented my case to all the doctors participating to try to see if any of them might have an idea of my problem. He really cares!
in Salem, OR |
I enjoy Dr Davidson's personability, as it helps me to relax and I feel like I'm being taken care of. I've been his patient since November 1, 2015 and realizing the condition I was in, fast tracked me get an appropriate treatment which he took the time to validate his assessment through muscle biopsy. Any time I had a question, I had no trouble getting a prompt response through his staff through calling his receptionist. In addition, he prescribes mind, body appropriate.
Salem, OR |
There is virtually no doctor-patient relationship.. One of the biggest parts of effective healthcare includes communication with patients, and this is where Davidson falls short. I never felt like I was truly heard or cared for, there were a few times I felt ignored and dismissed.. I'm young with a chronic disease and I was treated like a child crying wolf. I hope Dr. Davidson and Jonah read this and reflect about the way they handle patients. I would have loved help rather than writing this.
Have you seen Dr. Benton Davidson, MD?
Are you Dr. Davidson?