Dr. Benny Wang, MD

• Golden Rule
  • HAP Insurance
  • Health Net
  • HealthFirst

Dr. Wang specializes in Neurology and practices in The Woodlands, TX. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Wang? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Wang's Experience

See how Dr. Wang's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wang

Dr. Wang accepts 25 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Wang has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wang to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Wang's Performance
in The Woodlands, TX |
I was a patient of Dr Wang for over ten years. He is a good listener. I would give him more stars except for his office staff. The person answering the phone is not helpful at all, seems that she doesn't want to talk to me. And that is IF someone will answer the phone. I've left messages for two weeks and finally got a call back yesterday, but today when I called to follow up NO answer again and must leave another message. So I'm seeing a new neurologist. Pls hire someone to answer the phone.
Conroe, TX |
I got off to a bad start with Dr Wang . ( I explained that I was bipolar and he seemed immediately dismissive and disinterested) . After getting over this hurdle, he was very helpful, kind and generous. I think he just struggles when dealing with emotional , distressed patients!! He has been happy to experiment with different drugs for my various issues and I would definitely recommend him now that we are on a better footing. I never have a long wait to see him.office staff require some work!!
Houston, TX |
My wife went to Dr. Wang for demetia/altzheimers testing. Tests were done. Got a call back and was told only one result came back and it was ok. They said they would contact us when the other test results were received. Waited weeks and never a call. Found out later when she did not want to be in his test/research study, they basically dropped her without an explanation. This program has some potential side effects that my wife did not like. Last time I called, the nurse hung up on me.
in Conroe TX |
Dr Wang is a very nice dr. He is very thorough and easy to deal with. Eager to help his patients. My elderly father is his patient. He had testing done & was told we would be called with the results. Lu called me father this morning. He had a hard time understanding what she was telling. He called me and asked me to find out what it was she was telling him. He said she was kind of unpleasant. I called & left message to be called back. Lu called was was very RUDE & hung up on me.
in Conroe, TX |
Very short, does not like small children. I needed to see him would not get me an appointment even after was on life support from seizures & needed a medicine verification. Very uncompassionate. He used to be my Dr. had to change because of location moved back he completely changed from the warm caring Dr. he 1ce was.
in Conroe, TX |
Dr. Is very unfriendly to children. Told my child who just turned 3yr & child who just turned 5 they were to loud doesn't know how too deal with small children. I was running late cannot drive because of seizures his office could have offered to give crayons & paper like all my other Dr's when I forget instead spoke to my children with anger.
Conroe, TX |
So far I have had 4 appointments and each time I have been called into the examining room either on or before my appointment time. Dr. Wang gives the impression of always being very busy, but he explains eveything well and completely. I highly recommend him.
Kingwood, TX |
Dr. Wang listens carefully to patient concerns and is very helpful with suggestions and informing us of current research.
Was not able to make an appointment as a new patient. Office personnel very unprofessional and phone numbers, when I could finally get connected for Dr. Wangs office a joke. Although needed a referral from primary was necessary, office personnel not able to handle. Will find another neurologist.
in Houston, TX |
Wonderful "bedside manner", explains with great analogies, concern for his patients
in spring, TX |
prompt and knowledgeable
Spring, TX |
Dr. Wang and his staff are exceptional. This is one of the very few doctors offices that I have been to were the wait time is very minimal and he actually see's you at your appointment time. Dr. Wang's staff is very kind and courteous, every time I arrive at the office they are smiling and friendly, his nurses are wonderful. If you are looking for a good neurologist look no further because Dr. Wang is one of the best.
Houston, TX |
I have had migraines for years that have progressively gotten worse. After seeing Dr. Wang and being put on a daily regiment, I can fight the migraines better than ever.
in Spring, TX |
I love Dr. Wang! I have been going to give for over two years now & after several neurologists, I have found him to have the best knowledge in his field for our area. His bed side manner is great. I am a person and not another case & he is always current on medical advances and works with me on what's the best possible solution for my condition. He's front staff was recently changed and they are super friendly and willing to help. The new Patient portal gets fast responses as well.
He was good but his staff is HORRIBLE ! Dr. Wang, please listen to your patients. There is a mobile number as a front desk number and answered by a lady who sounds like she wished she didn't have to answer it. She then takes a note to pass to a nurse that never calls you back. I called 6 times in one day, used the online portal (which is a joke) and still no response...sad as I would never recommend this office.
Shenandoah, TX |
Recommend-- very efficient and clear on recommendations.
Have you seen Dr. Benny Wang, MD?
Are you Dr. Wang?

Dr. Wang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology and Sleep Medicine

Dr. Wang has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wang's Board Certifications

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Rasmussen's Syndrome
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stroke
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Harvard

Graduated in 1994

• Chinese
  • Mandarin

Dr. Wang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology