Dr. Benjamin Swisher, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Stark Family Health Center 4465 Fulton Dr NW Ste 100 Canton, OH 44718 Get Directions
Dr. Benjamin Swisher, MD
Dr. Benjamin Swisher, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Canton, OH. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Swisher is affiliated with Aultman Hospital and Mercy Medical Center.

Dr. Swisher's Experience

See how Dr. Swisher's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Swisher

Dr. Swisher accepts 18 insurance carriers

Dr. Swisher is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Swisher has admitting privileges.

Dr. Swisher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swisher to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Swisher's Performance
Canton, OH |
When I first started coming here I really liked Dr. Swisher. He was thorough and had an excellent bedside manner. It has changed so much now that I will have to find a different practice. The nurse practitioners are hit or miss. The staff is just not great on average which is a shame because I like the Dr.
Canton, Ohio |
Dr. Swisher does take time to listen, is kind and personable. The NPs in his practice are terrible. I will not see either one of them. His staff does not seem to be on top of patient referrals. I've waited a week after being referred only to call the office and have them say, "we just sent that yesterday".
Hudson, OH |
I would never recommend visiting DR Swisher again. I understand medical practices MUST make money to stay in business, but I have been making payments to DR. Swisher's office for long as I can remember; I called to request medication refills and was told I would need to pay a minimum of $225 in order to receive them. I have been on these medications for 2 years; they are not controlled substances. I was in disbelief when I was denied my medications. Medical necessity takes precedent over money.
Canton, OH |
His staff have very poor bedside manners. I literally sat there while the nurse practitioner who saw me inquire with the internet to see what could have caused my rash. You would think that she would recommend an allergy test to see what caused the reaction so I can know to stay away from that thing but no she said " yea, I don't really know what is causing your rash. Take Benedryl." SERIOUSLY! 35 dollar copay gone down the drain. I now see why I can so easily get an appointment!
in Canton, OH |
My son went to Dr swisher office with sore throat, white spots on his throat, fatigue and abdominal pain. Was told it was just a virus and was sent home with antibiotics "just in case". The next day he woke up with severe jaundice, went to the ER to be diagnosed with mono and liver complications . He received fluids for dehydration. Called the office to ask how they could have missed this, noone would talk to me. We got a letter the next week to drop us as patients. I do not recommend.
in Canton oh |
Everyone in the office is very kind and patient. This is the first doctor I have seen that actually listens and advocates for me! I love them so much I made my husband and daughter lane their doctor and come here!
in Alliance, OH |
He isn't a hands on doctor just sit there asks questions about the thing that you are there for doesn't verify i was there about my shoulder he didn't want to heat anything about it just wanted to talk about me being diabetic then proceeds to tell more the pain in my feet is from standing even though i had seen a podiatrist had a emg done and was told it was from pinched nerves in my back and neuropathy"also the office personnel are horrible in my opinion see anyone else but this quack
in Massillon, OH |
I have been seeing Dr. Swisher for quite awhile and have always been ok...but it seems like things are changing there. I started our there seeing him..that is who I ask for and make my appointments with. Yet when I arrive thete is someone else who comes in..does not introduce himself, and Dr. Swisher is just out in the office talking and laughing with other staff when i come out. Not at all happy....
in Canton, Ohio |
The staff makes mistakes quite often by not calling in referrals, prescriptions, or following up on time sensitive matters. I brought this matter to the doctor's attention and his response was that he hoped someone was not trying to sabotage is practice; yet the issues continually persisted. The doctor, himself, can appear disheveled at times and the turnover rate of staff and nurse practitioners at this practice is alarming. I would recommend trying to seek out another practice first.
in Malvern, OH |
I'm a newer patient of Dr. Swisher. He took the time to ask questions and listen in my initial appointment. He's easy to talk to and his approach made sense to me. I will say I prefer seeing Dr. Swisher vs. a member of his team.
Massillon, OH |
I feel that Dr Swisher is a very good doctor but he has a lot of problems with his office staff. They are rude and the billing department is inept. Bills are not submitted to the insurance on a timely manner and when the insurance denies payment for lack of compliance, they harass the patient to pay for their mistake. I go there for health care and leave frustrated and with raised blood pressure.
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Swisher, MD?
Are you Dr. Swisher?

Compare Dr. Swisher

Dr. Swisher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Swisher has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Swisher's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

Dr. Swisher does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Swisher and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Northeastern Oh Univs Coll Of Med

Graduated in 1998

Aultman Hospital
    University Of Wi Med School

Dr. Swisher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swisher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Swisher does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Swisher and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.