Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Benjamin Stein, MD
Dr. Benjamin Stein, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Washington, DC. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Stein is affiliated with The George Washington University Hospital, Medstar Washington Hospital Center and Sibley Memorial Hospital.

1850 M St NW Ste 750

Washington, DC 20036

Learn about Dr. Stein

Whether you are an avid runner, recreational athlete or someone simply looking to remain active, Dr. Stein desires to know your goals and help you to achieve them. He accomplishes this through personalized attention to each step of the healing process including education, decision-making, non-operative care, surgical care, and the post-operative recovery process. For more information please visit http://www.dcfootankle.com

Dr. Stein's Experience

Dr. Stein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy
  • Sports Medicine

Dr. Stein does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendon Rupture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• The George Washington Univ
  • Johns Hopkins Hosp/Univ
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Union Memorial Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Stein has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Stein has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Stein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stein to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Stein's Performance
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein has gotten back to my life. I'm an avid cyclist and was laid out with a torn meniscus. Had surgery 2 months ago and I feel like I'm almost back to 100%! Can speak highly enough of him.
Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein neglected my extreme lower back pain and disregarded my complaints regarding my high pain levels, and blocked a MRI which I desperately needed. As a result, I took matters into my own hands, and uncovered that I had a severe back herniation that could have been uncovered many months earlier should I have been allowed to get a MRI. I really did not appreciate his management of my care, nor disregarding my pain levels, as I could have detected and treated my problem sooner.
in Washington, DC |
I'm an 80 year old gent who works out every day, but whose toes hurt from abuse during marathons and other Grand Canyon hiking impacts. From excellent staff X-rays, he gave me a fine, accurate assessment and a realistic view of what might help. He did NOT urge surgery, but wise treatment may ease the problem. He's one of the best doctors I've seen, among quite a lot, including my own relatives (grandfather, uncle, brother, nephew, son, daughter-in-law, ...).
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein is the absolute best! I had a horrible ankle injury 3 years ago and had a surgery by another doctor and ended up in even worse pain. I was unable to get back to running and sports and had basically given up hope. I had a second surgery with Dr. Stein 6 months ago and am now back to doing everything and pain free at my ankle for the first time in years! I can't recommend he highly enough!!
in Washington, DC |
Years ago, I was hit by a car. My tibia and fibula were not set properly. Over the years, the misalignment caused lots of damage to my foot. Dr. Stein was highly recommended by my primary care doctor. He examined me more than once. Took my x-rays to his colleagues for input. Decided on a plan which he explained carefully to me. The surgery was a success. He was very supportive during the process even calling me to check up several times! My foot is really great! I'm so happy I did this.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Stein is thorough, taking the time to walk through his assessment, next steps, and expected progress. I never left with any questions about the options that Dr. Stein considered and why he chose the path he did. He got me through an Achilles rupture and I don't know how it could've gone any better. I did a lot of research when looking for an orthopedist and everything I read about Dr. Stein's training was backed up in actual practice. I'd recommend Dr. Stein 100%.
in Washington DC |
Broke my leg hiking and came back home to see Dr. Stein. I'm glad I did. He explained the whole process to me and was very caring. Surgery went great and I am well on my way to getting back out there. Highly recommend!
in Washington, DC |
Overall had an amazing experience with Dr.Stein and his staff. Dr. Stein is very through, precise, and offers best possible solutions. Highly recommend.
in Kensington, MD |
Excellent Doctor with a great personality. My ankle surgery was a success.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Stein is truly fantastic. I am so lucky to have found him. I came to him with an ankle injury. He took his time to explain to me what was wrong so that I understood. He has an unbelievable bedside manner. I ultimately needed surgery, and I cannot imagine anyone better to fix it. My outcome has been phenomenal. I truly appreciate his empathy and wonderful care. I would recommend him to be seen by any family member or friend of mine. Thanks Dr. Stein!
in Potomac, MD |
Took wonderful care and time with my teen son's flat foot reconstruction. He was initially very conservative which we greatly appreciated but when it came time for surgery he was terrific, empathic, available even late at night during recovery and best of all gave my son a beautiful arch in his foot. In all of our follow ups we have never felt rushed and he has made sure that every boot and brace was fitted just so. Only wonderful things to say about him!
in Washington, DC |
I can finally get back to my life again after seeing Dr. Stein for my pain. He was very respectful and thorough, and after treating me my pain is gone. I highly recommend this doctor!!
in Washington, DC |
I cannot be happier with the experience. Dr. Stein is truly a gifted surgeon. I underwent surgery to stabilize my ankle 5 months ago and am finally back to hiking and playing sports without the constant fear of injuring myself. I can't recommend him highly enough!!!
Washington |
Waited over 4 hours for surgery. Also long wait times for office visits. Every office visit is rushed, I don't feel like there is enough time to ask questions.
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Stein, MD?
Are you Dr. Stein?