Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD

Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD

Urology  ·
Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD is an urology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons in 1984 and specializes in urology.

168 Canal St Ste 310

New York, NY 10013

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthPlus
  • Oxford Health Plans

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Peng's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Peng's Top Procedures and Conditions

Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)

Dr. Peng treats Blood in Semen (Hematospermia) more than 99% of his peers

• Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Cystoscopy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Diagnostic Ultrasound
  • Electronic Shock Wave Lithotripsy
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Kidney and Ureter Removal
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stone Removal, Closed
  • Kidney Stones
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Lithotripsy
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Urethral Stones
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Wound Repair

The practice of Benjmain C.H. Peng, M.D. serves New York's Chinatown, Wall Street and lower Manhattan communities with the highest quality urological care. Dr. Peng is Chief of Urology at NY Downtown Hospital and a Clinical Assistant Professor of Uro...

• Urology

• National Republican Congressional Committee- Physician of the Year, 2004
  • New York Magazine-Best Doctors in New York, 2002
  • National Republican Congressional Committee-National Leadership Award, 2001
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors of the New York Metro Area, 1999 to 20
  • New York Downtown Hospital Board of Trustee's Chariman's Award to Board of Trustee Mambers, 2001

Dr. Peng's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Peng

Dr. Peng?
Dr. Peng's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD
Dr. Peng has been treating my father for about a year now and he is amazing. My dad's previous urologist kept pushing surgery which was of no help whatsoever. Dr. Peng was recommended by my friend who is a doctor and I am so glad I listened. Dr. Peng took detailed history, told us he wanted to try and treat the problem with medication first, and in the end, came up with a creative, non-invasive treatment that is working beautifully, made my dad comfortable and pain free - all without surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Peng is one of the best doctors I have met in my life. He is a great doctor with compassion who listens, understands, treats and cares for all his patients very well. I would definitely recommend him to those who require urology cares without any reservation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr.Peng is one of a kind and the staff is very friendly. I went in recently for a circumcision procedure and was very nervous but Dr.Peng explained everything in full detail and made me feel at ease. Had a wonderful conversation during the procedure and before i knew it we were done. I am so glad to have found Dr.Peng he will be my urologist from now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Peng makes the difficult, troubling experience of a diagnosis easy to understand and with his caring manner he takes the anxiety away. His sunny disposition gives you the courage to keep going. He is thorough, experienced, and one of the best doctors I have ever seen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Peng for years. He recently performed a cystourethroscopy of my bladder. He explained the procedure before performing it in office. I felt just some pressure and it was over in a few minutes. All came out well. I would highly recommend Dr. Peng as he is an outstanding doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Great doctor, excellent skill, professional and courtesy. I would recommend to my friends and family members who need urology care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I'm writing this review on behalf of my father (who is computer illiterate)who wants to express his appreciation for Dr. Peng.His experience was nothing short of spectacular. My father lives out of the state and commutes up to two hours, and Dr. Peng makes it all worth while. He successfully performed a hydrocelectomy procedure on my father who is very pleased with the end results. Dr. Peng conducts himself in a professional and very friendly manner and gets a thumbs up from us.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I was not able to urinate, urinary retention. I was diagnosed with atonic neurgenic bladder. I was examined by three urologist who all told me the same thing, that I had to have a metroffinov procedure wearing a permanent urine bag, or self catheterization. I would no longer be able to urinate in a normal manner. I then visited Dr Benjamin Peng. Dr. Peng inserted a prostatic stent, within minutes I was able to urinate
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Peng is a very professional doctor. He takes care his patients. He followed my case and called me to make sure I am doing well during my recovery period. He explained my test result in detail,and make sure I fully understand my case.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Ping is very professional with the highest quality medical skills. Great doctor with excellent skills, experience, compassion, understanding and deep intuition; feels and treats the patients very well. This is big gift that he has. The best doctor that I met in my life. Very charismatic, great listener, extremely smart, good looking and intelligent. Has the good manners, friendly and open. He creates nice atmosphere in his office. I think his staff adores him. Helped me a lot!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Peng is a great urologist and a compassionate doctor. He performed a lithotripsy on me for a bladder stone. He explained the procedure to myself and to my father. He performed it under general anesthesia in NY -Presbyterian Downtown Hospital. His surgical staff was quite professional and introduced themselves before surgery and explained their roles. Dr. Peng went to speak to my father before and after the surgery. All was well and I am doing much better after the removal of the stone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Benjamin Peng is the understudy of my urologist of 29 years whom has since retired. I can say unequivocally that Dr. Peng’s modern approach to medical procedures is far superior to his predecessor. Furthermore he is constantly endeavoring to make refinements to improve his patient’s health and make office visits less frequent. He understands that being a doctor is about taking care of people rather than status in life or driving a Mercedes. His fees are also very reasonable in today’s market
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
cold, unfriendly, ignore my questions after the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr Peng is very professional and his staff was very friendly. He walked me through the whole process and made me feel real comfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr Peng is a doctor's doctor. That's the highest compliment a physician like myself can give to another doctor. As a surgeon (although not in urology) I have a dozen urologist friends. I chose Ben, as did many of my friends, above all the rest, without hesitation. Superbly educated and trained at Columbia, Ben possesses an easy, unassuming and warm bedside manner. My recent vasectomy is a case in point. I was back to work the next day ! Superb !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I am 67 years old and, as you would suppose, have been a patient of many doctors over the years, and Dr. Peng is without a doubt one of the finest I have ever encountered. He is incredibly intelligent, knowledgeable, and compassionate. His office staff is wonderful; they are as courteous and helpful as can be. You could not hope to find a better doctor or a more pleasant and efficient office staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Benjamin Peng is as good as it gets in the medical field.He's very professional, friendly and have lots of wisdom. I've been a patient of his since 2011 . My first procedure was circumcision. Before going to him i was a bit nervous about the procedure, but he clearly explained to me with Professionalism, and confidence on what he would be doing .After the consultation i was very confident that he'd do a great job, and that he DID . The procedure was painless, and healed well and quickly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Peng?

Insurance accepted

Choice PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
EmblemHealth
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) HMO
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA