Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD

Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD

Urology  |
Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD is an urology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

168 Canal St Ste 310

New York, NY 10013

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthPlus
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Peng

See how frequently Dr. Peng performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
Uroflowmetry

Dr. Peng's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Peng "The practice of Benjmain C.H. Peng, M.D. serves New York's Chinatown, Wall Street and lower Manhattan communities with the highest quality urological care. Dr. Peng is Chief of Urology at NY Downtown Hospital and a Clinical Assistant Professor of Urology at NYU Medical Center. In 1984 he received his MD at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons and stayed on for Urology residency and was Chief Resident at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. In 1990 he took over his father's busy urology practice which had been established for over 30 years. Dr. Peng is board certified by the American Board of Urology. Since 1999, Dr. Peng has been annually selected by Castle Connolly's Top Doctors: New York Metro Area. Since 1995 Dr. Peng's community services include being secretary and chair of the utilization review and quality assurance committees of the 500 physician Chinese American IPA. Dr. Peng performs annual prostate cancer screenings and is a preferred urologist at Goldman Sachs."

• Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

• Prostate Surgery
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of Rochester

• National Republican Congressional Committee- Physician of the Year, 2004
  • New York Magazine-Best Doctors in New York, 2002
  • National Republican Congressional Committee-National Leadership Award, 2001
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors of the New York Metro Area, 1999 to 20
  • New York Downtown Hospital Board of Trustee's Chariman's Award to Board of Trustee Mambers, 2001

• Chinese

Dr. Peng does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Peng and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Peng's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Peng to family and friends
Dr. Peng's Performance
in Bronx, NY |
Great doctor, excellent skill, professional and courtesy. I would recommend to my friends and family members who need urology care.
in Bronx, NY |
in Pocono Mountains, PA |
I'm writing this review on behalf of my father (who is computer illiterate)who wants to express his appreciation for Dr. Peng.His experience was nothing short of spectacular. My father lives out of the state and commutes up to two hours, and Dr. Peng makes it all worth while. He successfully performed a hydrocelectomy procedure on my father who is very pleased with the end results. Dr. Peng conducts himself in a professional and very friendly manner and gets a thumbs up from us.
I was not able to urinate, urinary retention. I was diagnosed with atonic neurgenic bladder. I was examined by three urologist who all told me the same thing, that I had to have a metroffinov procedure wearing a permanent urine bag, or self catheterization. I would no longer be able to urinate in a normal manner. I then visited Dr Benjamin Peng. Dr. Peng inserted a prostatic stent, within minutes I was able to urinate
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Peng is a very professional doctor. He takes care his patients. He followed my case and called me to make sure I am doing well during my recovery period. He explained my test result in detail,and make sure I fully understand my case.
in SI, NY |
Dr. Ping is very professional with the highest quality medical skills. Great doctor with excellent skills, experience, compassion, understanding and deep intuition; feels and treats the patients very well. This is big gift that he has. The best doctor that I met in my life. Very charismatic, great listener, extremely smart, good looking and intelligent. Has the good manners, friendly and open. He creates nice atmosphere in his office. I think his staff adores him. Helped me a lot!!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Peng is a great urologist and a compassionate doctor. He performed a lithotripsy on me for a bladder stone. He explained the procedure to myself and to my father. He performed it under general anesthesia in NY -Presbyterian Downtown Hospital. His surgical staff was quite professional and introduced themselves before surgery and explained their roles. Dr. Peng went to speak to my father before and after the surgery. All was well and I am doing much better after the removal of the stone.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Benjamin Peng is the understudy of my urologist of 29 years whom has since retired. I can say unequivocally that Dr. Peng’s modern approach to medical procedures is far superior to his predecessor. Furthermore he is constantly endeavoring to make refinements to improve his patient’s health and make office visits less frequent. He understands that being a doctor is about taking care of people rather than status in life or driving a Mercedes. His fees are also very reasonable in today’s market
in New York, NY |
cold, unfriendly, ignore my questions after the surgery.
New York, NY |
Dr Peng is very professional and his staff was very friendly. He walked me through the whole process and made me feel real comfortable.
New York, NY |
Dr Peng is a doctor's doctor. That's the highest compliment a physician like myself can give to another doctor. As a surgeon (although not in urology) I have a dozen urologist friends. I chose Ben, as did many of my friends, above all the rest, without hesitation. Superbly educated and trained at Columbia, Ben possesses an easy, unassuming and warm bedside manner. My recent vasectomy is a case in point. I was back to work the next day ! Superb !
in Brooklyn, NY |
I am 67 years old and, as you would suppose, have been a patient of many doctors over the years, and Dr. Peng is without a doubt one of the finest I have ever encountered. He is incredibly intelligent, knowledgeable, and compassionate. His office staff is wonderful; they are as courteous and helpful as can be. You could not hope to find a better doctor or a more pleasant and efficient office staff.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Benjamin Peng is as good as it gets in the medical field.He's very professional, friendly and have lots of wisdom. I've been a patient of his since 2011 . My first procedure was circumcision. Before going to him i was a bit nervous about the procedure, but he clearly explained to me with Professionalism, and confidence on what he would be doing .After the consultation i was very confident that he'd do a great job, and that he DID . The procedure was painless, and healed well and quickly.
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Are you Dr. Peng?

See our Urology Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center

Visit Dr. Peng

Dr. Peng accepts 12 insurance carriers
    Choice PPO
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • EmblemHealth
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) HMO
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA