Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD

UrologyMaleAge 62

Telehealth services available

Benjamin C Peng MD

168 Canal St New York, NY 10013

Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD is a Urology Specialist in New York, NY and has over 37 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Peng has more experience with Urinary Conditions and Urinary Calculi & Removal than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons medical school in 1984. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as New York-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital and NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Peng to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Urology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Peng

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Peng treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Peng treats other conditions, please contact the office at (212) 226-2200.

Urinary Conditions

Compare with other Urinary Conditions specialists.

Dr. Peng is experienced in the area of Urinary Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 11 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Urinary Calculi & Removal

Urologists or nephrologists diagnose and treat kidney stones, small pieces of hard, crystallized material that form in the kidney and typically pass naturally, but may require shock wave therapy, a catheter procedure, or surgery.Compare with other Urinary Calculi & Removal specialists.

Dr. Peng is experienced in the area of Urinary Calculi & Removal. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
Urinary Stones
Bladder Stones
Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
Kidney Stones

• Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Chronic Prostatitis
  • Circumcision
  • Cystometry
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Hydrocele
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Stones
  • Lithotripsy
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Ureteral Stones
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Varicocele
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Peng accepts

Dr. Peng accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
EmblemHealth
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) HMO
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
WellCare PPO

Dr. Peng's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Peng

Dr. Peng?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (74)
  • Explained conditions well (73)
  • Staff friendliness (73)
  • Long wait times (8)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (5)
In 2014, I had a prostate infection with a psa reading of 5. This other urologist gave me 2 biopsies because he was unable to confirm a negative result. It was such a painful experience that I did a little research and found Dr Peng. I was under Dr Peng's care for 6 years. Then recently, I had a high psa reading of 17 and Dr Peng took a biopsy that was much less painful with a negative cancer result. When I'm with him I feel confident and completely at ease because he is experienced, knowledgeable and friendly DOCTOR.
Hart Lee – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I was a complicated case. After an abdominal ultrasound, my initial diagnosis was extensive hydronephrosis with obstructive BPH & a bladder 3 times normal size. I came to my first visit with Dr. Peng from Suffolk County 50 miles away. When I arrived at Dr. Peng’s office, I had been wearing a foley catheter for over 6 weeks. The previous urologist only provided vague responses to my questions & did not have a definitive plan to address my situation. I was very in need of a second opinion. After performing a thorough exam & taking my history, Dr. Peng clearly explained my options and offered a very clear course of action.I had a successful, in-office Urolift procedure, followed by a modified TURP. Dr Peng is an exceptionally skilled urologist who is that rare combination of technical expertise with an informing, calm demeanor. He answered all my questions & reassured me that I would have the desired result & I had very positive results. I highly recommend Dr. Peng for any urologic needs.
May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I LOVE DR PENG! Dr Peng has been my urologist for a few years now. I found him from reviews of urologists online. He was listed as a top rated urologist in New York City. He has more than lived up to his rating. He’s affable, friendly and informative and a joy to have as a doctor. I ended up having some elective surgery that Dr Peng performed which turned out great. His office staff is friendly and courteous and they speak a multitude of languages. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Peng. You won’t be disappointed!
Dave Fields – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Excellent doctor with a very attentive and pleasant staff. I have been his patient for many years. He is extremely knowledgeable, attentive to my concerns, and has a great sense of humor. He was a referral by my primary care doctor and I glad she picked him. I have had two surgeries performed by Dr. Peng without any complications and trust his abilities to get the job done right the first time around.
John Padula – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I am the patient of Dr. Peng for 10+ years with all the Urology problem, including EJ and Impotence due to BPH and Bladder cancer with 3 occurrences for the time being. Dr. Peng is the best and excellent doctor in this field. He has the accurate diagnosis and medications. also, the most importance is his delicate surgery skill.
David Su – Dec 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I Thank God for Dr. Benjamin Peng because he is truly a God send. I suffer from BPH and I've been to 3 other Urologist who all have failed in helping me with my problems. Dr. Peng is the Real Deal, he performed a few tests on me that none of the other Urologists even considered and Dr. Peng got right to root of the problems and just after 3 visits I am feeling like I never had a prostate problem at all. Before being treated by Dr. Peng I used to need to get up twice a night to urinate and now I only need to get up once a night. Thus, my quality of life has vastly improved: I'm getting a better night's sleep so I'm feeling more alert and energetic throughout the day. All thanks to Dr. Benjamin Peng. So God Bless you Dr. Peng! I wholeheartedly would recommend Dr. Peng to anyone looking for a Urologist. Don't wait, call and make an appointment, go see him, he's the BEST!!!
Angel S – Nov 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
As an 80 + year old I came to Dr. Peng after my long time urologist retired. Dr.Peng has been treating my enlarged prostate for the past 6 mos. He is personable, friendly and, above all, an excellent doctor whom I highly recommend. The office personal are very helpful and patient. M.Arnold
M. Arnold – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Peng tasted my enlarged prostate very successfully in a non invasive way. I wish I had not wasted time with other urologists who performed unnecessary biopsies!
Aug 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Nice service there one that she super nice and friendly and make it comfortable to wait !! Dr Peng is very nice and comfortable to speak too!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Michael siu – Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Just finished my most recent visit with Dr, Peng and he is still the best urologist I have ever met. He has been treating me for prostate cancer for over 4 years now ever since he detected my cancer. He is my friend, first and foremost, and then my trusted doctor. He always has time to talk to me before, after and during treatment and I leave confident that I will be back months later to see him again. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a caring, intelligent and extremely effective urologists!!!!
Eddie Der – Jul 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I have been having elevated PSA since 2/2017. Upon my retirement in 2019, my top priority is to tackle the issue. To do it right, I need to look for a urologist with whom I feel comfortable. I find Dr. Peng to be charismatic who addresses my concerns with confidence. He communicated with me in a soothing way and with small talks while performing medical procedures on me. During the four visits to his office which is staffed with friendly and experienced people, Dr. Peng used a step-by-step approach from DRE to urinalysis test, to 4K Score test that ultimately led to the biopsy while always maintained calm, professional and sympathetic. He even checked on me with a call day after the biopsy. The entire experience hit a high note when it has been confirmed that I have been prostate cancer-free all these years! From this point on, I will only need to pay Dr. Peng a semi-annual visit on my BPH condition. And I just can’t wait to see him and his wonderful staff this December.
Sam Chu – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I am a physician licensed to practice in the State of New York. When I developed urological problems I was very selective in choosing a urologist. I chose Dr. Benjamin Peng based on his education, training, experience and the multiple awards and accolades he received from his peers. Scheduling an appointment was hassle-free. His staff was courteous, attentive and possessed excellent communication skills. I was put immediately at ease when meeting Dr. Peng due to his pleasant manner and his extensive knowledge. I found him to be a leading edge physician with expertise in all the latest urological procedures. Dr. Peng performed a flawless surgery on me. After the surgery, he and his staff followed up by phone multiple times. Getting in touch with him was never a problem. I highly recommend Dr. Peng without any reservation.
Dr. C. – Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Peng has been treating my father for about a year now and he is amazing. My dad's previous urologist kept pushing surgery which was of no help whatsoever. Dr. Peng was recommended by my friend who is a doctor and I am so glad I listened. Dr. Peng took detailed history, told us he wanted to try and treat the problem with medication first, and in the end, came up with a creative, non-invasive treatment that is working beautifully, made my dad comfortable and pain free - all without surgery.
Sue R. in New York, NY – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Peng is one of the best doctors I have met in my life. He is a great doctor with compassion who listens, understands, treats and cares for all his patients very well. I would definitely recommend him to those who require urology cares without any reservation.
K Wong in New York, NY – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr.Peng is one of a kind and the staff is very friendly. I went in recently for a circumcision procedure and was very nervous but Dr.Peng explained everything in full detail and made me feel at ease. Had a wonderful conversation during the procedure and before i knew it we were done. I am so glad to have found Dr.Peng he will be my urologist from now.
Chong in NY – Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Dr. Peng makes the difficult, troubling experience of a diagnosis easy to understand and with his caring manner he takes the anxiety away. His sunny disposition gives you the courage to keep going. He is thorough, experienced, and one of the best doctors I have ever seen.
raakre in New York – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Peng for years. He recently performed a cystourethroscopy of my bladder. He explained the procedure before performing it in office. I felt just some pressure and it was over in a few minutes. All came out well. I would highly recommend Dr. Peng as he is an outstanding doctor.
Carlos Enrique in Brooklyn NY – Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
Great doctor, excellent skill, professional and courtesy. I would recommend to my friends and family members who need urology care.
Patrick Yau in Bronx, NY – Dec 02, 2017
Patrick Yau in Bronx, NY – Dec 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?
I'm writing this review on behalf of my father (who is computer illiterate)who wants to express his appreciation for Dr. Peng.His experience was nothing short of spectacular. My father lives out of the state and commutes up to two hours, and Dr. Peng makes it all worth while. He successfully performed a hydrocelectomy procedure on my father who is very pleased with the end results. Dr. Peng conducts himself in a professional and very friendly manner and gets a thumbs up from us.
Chad J. in Pocono Mountains, PA – Jul 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Peng, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Peng?

The practice of Benjmain C.H. Peng, M.D. serves New York's Chinatown, Wall Street and lower Manhattan communities with the highest quality urological care....Read more

• Urology

• Chinese

• Castle Connolly Top Doctors of the New York Metro Area, 1999 to 20
  • New York Magazine-Best Doctors in New York, 2002
  • National Republican Congressional Committee-National Leadership Award, 2001
  • New York Downtown Hospital Board of Trustee's Chariman's Award to Board of Trustee Mambers, 2001
  • National Republican Congressional Committee- Physician of the Year, 2004