Dr. Benjamin MacLennan, MD

Dr. Benjamin MacLennan, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Benjamin MacLennan, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Iowa City, IA. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 15 years.

2751 Northgate Dr

Iowa City, IA 52245

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. MacLennan

See how frequently Dr. MacLennan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Back Pain
Spine Disorders
Osteoarthritis of Shoulder
high

Dr. MacLennan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Binghamton University, State University Of New York
  • Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Orthopedics International
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. MacLennan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. MacLennan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. MacLennan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. MacLennan to family and friends
4.0
Dr. MacLennan's Performance
in Riverside, ia |
Not only am I reviewing Dr. MacLennan but the rest of my steindler experience. I was in the most pain I had ever been in my life so I was not excited about going, thinking as most places I would be waiting to be helped. I was pleasantly surprised that the most I had to wait at any of my 3 visits there was under 2 minutes. That’s including, getting checked in, waiting for nurse to call me back and then waiting for dr to see me. That place is a well oiled machine and Dr MacLennan did a great job
Centerville |
One star just because I was amused of how he can hold any sort of a degree in medicine. I was in and out of his office in ten minutes, after spending eight years with an injured spine. Six hours of driving for him to poke me in the back a couple times and say that there was really nothing wrong, perhaps mild artheritis. I have more worse days than others, in so much pain I am vomiting... He said there was really nothing he could do. He also piped up out of conversation and said "No narcotics".
The process was quick but Dr. MacLennan did not explain what was wrong other than telling me that I should stretch and diet. He just said I had back pain. No kidding! That's why I was referred to him. He was not patient and was in and out. My husband had to go back in to ask why he chose not to do any other images besides x-rays and he was very rude to him. Awful bedside manner. His nurse left a bit to be desired, also. The best part of the appointment was the schedulers and the x-ray tech.
in Iowa City, IA |
When I talk to operating room personnel and admitting nurses and they tell me that Dr. MacLennan is extremely meticulous, skillful, and thorough and that they referred their parents and close relatives to him, then I know I have the right surgeon operating on me. I had a cervical spine surgery because my hands were getting numb and I could hardly walk because of weakness in my legs. Now 5 weeks after surgery, I can walk normal and have full use of my hands.
in Coralville, IA |
Dr. McClennan is awesome! He listens and communicates very well, and take his time during the office visit. I saw him in November 2015 for left leg sciatic pain and numbness in my foot that I was dealing with for over 13 months. After seeing another neurosurgeon, two orthopedic surgeons, two family doctors, physical therapy, and chiropractic, he was the only one who listened and determined what was causing these symptoms. I had a laminotomy on 12/17/2015 and now symptom free three weeks later.
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin MacLennan, MD?
Are you Dr. MacLennan?

Visit Dr. MacLennan

Dr. MacLennan accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. MacLennan has admitting privileges