Dr. Benjamin Kur, DDS

Dr. Benjamin Kur, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male | 42 years old

57 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Benjamin Kur practices full scope Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery; adults and children. We strive to achieve success in all avenues of treatment; from wisdom teeth to dental implants. We take great pride in our ability to offer General Anesthesia/IV Sedation and are well equipped to treat patients with multiple medical co-morbidities and children with special needs. We strive to achieve predictable and successful results.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Kur's Experience

Visiting Dr. Kur

Dr. Kur accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Kur has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kur's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kur to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Kur Says:

Our patients are encouraged to share their experiences with the community. We welcome dialogue with our patients and families of patients.

We strive for greatness, and will not tolerate anything less.

Dr. Kur's Performance
in Thornwood, NY |
My daughter had 4 wisdom teeth removed from Dr. Kur. The procedure went very smoothly. Within three days she felt great and she started to resume her normal daily activities. Dr. Kur and his staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. The office followed up 24 hours after surgery and the woman answered all of our questions patiently and professionally. I highly recommend Dr. Kur as an oral surgeon.
in Croton on Hudson, NY |
He is one of a kind! Absolutely a professional & I felt like a knew him for years!
in Bedford, NY |
Extremely caring treatment of patient with other medical problems.
in Suffern, NY |
Minimal wait time. Painless and professional. I have returned many times for all oral surgery needs.
in Tarrytown, NY |
We have always had great experience at Dr Kur's office. Have been there with all my three children and can highly recommend this place.
in White Plains, NY |
Dr. Kur is amazing. He extracted 4 wisdom teeth from my then 17 year old daughter. She had no problems and really felt safe with Doctor Kur and his lovely staff. I recommend him to any family who wants things done professionally and safe.
New York, NY |
Dr Kur is energetic, knowledgeable and makes this experience as enjoyable as it can be. He is informative and keeps things light and personable. I like how technology is part of his practice as well.
in Mount Kisco, NY |
Dr. Kur takes the time to explain your diagnosis and puts you at ease all throughout your procedure. I highly recommend him. If you are feeling nervous initially, he will make you leave his office feeling reassured that there is nothing to worry about.
in Scarsdale, NY |
Amazing experience . I needed implants and bone grafting . Other doctors told me that I was not a candidate , yet Dr Kur and staff made it possible. I couldn't be more appreciative. Highly recommend
in White Plains, NY |
I came to Dr. Kurr with fears about multiple tooth extractions. I'd been to another surgeon and was in the middle of the process needing TLC. Dr. Kurr was calm, he explained everything very well and I made it through, eleven in total upper extractions. Once the gums healed, another dentist told me that I could not get implants because the bone was to thin. Dr. Kurr said of course we can do implants. I got the implants and now have a full set of permanent upper teeth! Awesome place.
in Pleasantville, NY |
Our experience with Dr. Kur was very positive. Dr. Kur explained the procedure and answered our questions completely. My daughter had all of her wisdom teeth removed with no complications. Dr. Kur's professionalism and wonderful manner with the patient made a stressful experience (for Mom!) easy. The office staff are a pleasure to deal with and very efficient. Highly recommend : )
Dr Kur and staff are amazing ! The whole process was easy, very compassionate care and great experience . Dr Kur explained the procedure and answered all of my questions. I had a successful outcome and couldn't be more grateful for the care and his expertise. I received several post op phone calls the following days. Highly recommend ! Top notch surgeon and staff.
in Hartsdale |
Thinking about having my tooth extracted was unsettling to say the least, however, as soon as I entered Dr. Kurs office the anxiety started to fade away. The office is meticulously kept clean, it's modern, relaxing, and his staff is friendly and inviting. I knew I was in good hands as soon as Dr. Kur entered the room and we started talking about the procedure. It was a comforting dialogue infused with both professionalism and humor to take the edge off of what was about to happen.
New York, NY |
Dr Kur was very sweet and did a good job
in Johannes |
Dr Kur immediately made me feel at ease about my implant. He gave me a step by step overview of the procedure and was extremely professional. His office and staff were top notch. There was excellent follow up and no post-op issues or pain.
in New York, NY |
I've been seeing Dr. Kurr for quite some time. He is extremely professional and knowledgeable. Like a lot of people I don't enjoy having dental work done but he and his staff immediately put me at ease. They are all friendly and curtious. Dr Kurr always takes wonderful care of myself and my entire family as we all his patients. I highly recommend him.
in New York, NY |
I recently went to Dr. Kurr to have a tooth extracted. I was in a lot of pain and very nervous. not only was the staff extremely sympathetic but also knowledgeable and able to squeeze me in the next day. I found Dr. Kurr to have a wonderful bedside manner which immediately put me at ease. The procedure was quick and painless. The office itself was very nice and easy to get go. I would not hesitate to refer Dr. Kurr and will be seeing him again for additional procedures.
in Scarsdale, NY |
Amazing experience ! Dr Kur performed bone reconstruction and implants. Dr Kur and Staff are wonderful . Great bedside manner and extremely friendly. My results were excellent and he explained the whole process along the way. I highly recommend. Thank you Dr Kur
Dr Kur pulled out my wisdom teeth. The whole procedure was a breeze and went smoothly. The staff was awesome and Dr. kur was so nice and caring. He even followed up with me to see how I was feeling. I would definitely recommend him.
in New Rochelle |
Dr Kur was wonderful. He took great care to explain exactly what was wrong with me and what procedure(s) he would be performing. I would recommend him to anyone.
in White Plains, NY |
Excellent surgeon. Warm and welcoming office. Had a tooth removed and bone graft placed. Could not have expected a better experience! Would highly recommend DR KUR to anyone !
Hawthorne, NY |
Dr. Kur and his staff are excellent!
in Chappaqua, NY |
Dr. Kur is great! My mother is elderly and has Alzheimer's disease. He was able to accommodate her as an emergency appointment and remove her broken teeth. Her infection was able to heal soon after her teeth were extracted. The staff is very helpful and kind.
in White Plains, NY |
Dr. Kur was professional and efficient. His staff was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely return to him for any oral surgery issues in the future!
in White Plains, NY |
Dr Kur is an excellent oral surgeon with terrific staff as well. I can't rave enough about the care you will receive here!!
in Patterson, NY |
Dr. Kur did a great job with my wisdom teeth removal. He explained it step by step and it was a better experience than I could have imagined.
in White Plains, NY |
Dr. Kur is an excellent oral surgeon. I had an abscess which required extensive work, i.e., teeth extraction, bone graft, three implants and weeks of follow-up care. Dr. Kur and his professional staff were there for me every step of the way. I hope I never need Dr. Kur's services again, but if I do, Dr. Kur is definitely my oral surgeon. I am grateful to Dr. Kur and his staff. I highly recommend Dr. Kur.
in Hawthorne, NY |
He has a horrible temper and shows it if you ask what I would call normal concerns and questions about procedures. Avoid him unless you like a hothead working on you.
in Pleasantville, NY |
Dr.Benjamin Kur and his staff are wonderful, professional and attentive. They made me feel very comfortable at my consultation for wisdom teeth extractions. I had all four removed at once and the recovery time left me shocked! The first day was a bit uncomfortable but after that I was feeling no pain. I would recommend Dr.Kur to anyone who is considering removing their wisdom teeth.
westchester, NY |
Doctor Kur was very unprofessional and rude. I was sent to his office by my insurance for a extraction which he tried to turn into a $3000. implant procedure. He got very impatient when I questioned him and after I told him I just wanted the extraction, he got mad, shut off the examination lamp and left the room yelling over his shoulder to make another appointment. I was completely shocked at his behavior. What kind of doctor treats his patients like that. The staff was pleasant and friendly
in Mt Kisco, NY |
Dr. Kur is a skilled surgeon and a compassionate person. He treated both my daughters for wisdom teeth extraction. My younger daughter had 4 wisdom teeth removed 2 days ago; she has no pain and minimal swelling. He made her feel comfortable and relaxed. My older daughter had great success with her extraction. Dr. Kur also treated her for a difficult problem and was sensitive, clear...and successful! The office runs efficiently; staff is knowledgeable and responsive. Thank you, Dr Kur!
in Highland Mills, NY |
This DDS is terrible. We question his ethics and certainly his practice. My daughter went to him for oral surgery. The office is inept. She was twice fit for a mouth guard which never fit. Dr Kur's answer "make it fit" That mouth guard cost her $750.00 (cash). HIS receipt was accidentally put in with the quard. It cost him $125. We complained, so 2nd part of surgery was different from 1st part,like NOT DONE. His response, "I held up my end of the bargain". Alot of $ OOP, worse pain. THIEF!
in New York, NY |
This doctor was horrible! I would give NO STARS! He had the most awful attitude of any professional I have had contact with. My son was taken in BY MY HUSBAND to have his wisdom teeth extracted today. Dr. Kuru said he could not pull both teeth at once due to recovery time...fine. But then he made rude and obnoxious remarks like put her on speakerphone, if she wanted to speak to me she would be here when I asked to speak to him via phone and I'll pull all four of them if you sign a waiver.
in Scarsdale, NY |
He was an excellent surgeon. Great bedside manner. I did not have any post operative pain. Very little swelling. Great office staff and positive experience. Highly recommend.
in Hawthorne, NY |
Dr Kur was extremely professional and had great bedside manner- this was the 3rd oral surgeon i had seen he was the cheapest, the most professional and his office is immaculate. my procedure was quick and all done in 1 sitting vs 3. extremely satisfied.
in White Plains, NY |
Dr. Kur's prices are outrageous. Very disappointed, would never recommend him to anyone. He came very highly recommended by my dentist and now I'm sorry I didn't shop around. Tunnel vision is his drive. The end of the tunnel is his pot of gold, not how much debt he is ensuing on his patients!
in White Plains, ny |
I had extensive oral surgery performed by Dr. Kur. I was very anxious about getting this work done but he and his staff immediately put my mind to rest. Dr. Kur and his staff worked with me all all facets of my treatment. I have the greatest respect for his professionalism and expertise. He and his staff were available to me for all the questions and concerns I had during my course of treatment. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Kur.
in Hawthorne, NY |
He is gruff and not very caring would not recommend
in Pleasantville, NY |
I went to Dr. Kur to get my wisdom teeth removed, and he made the procedure both comfortable and easy. He explained everything clearly beforehand, took careful note of my needs, and the office made sure I was taken care of after the surgery. Healing time was extremely short, and everything looked great! Would definitely recommend Dr. Kur, and would also return if I need more dental work. Great experience.
White Plains, NY |
Made an apt for a consultation to get wisdom teeth out months ago. The day before they report they sent an email stating that they do not accept my insurance (after they had all the info for months and said they did). They now want me to continue with them and pay out of pocket. Seems like a scam! Lastly, the office staff was not very organized - in any way. They gave me a discount for the consult because of their error but this was not right in the first place. Do not trust this place.
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Kur, DDS?
Are you Dr. Kur?

Compare Dr. Kur

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Kur says...

Dr. Benjamin Kur is a Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon. He practices full scope Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Many of the procedures are performed in our state-of-the-art ambulatory facility. Patients are offered General Anesthesia/IV Sedation in addition to Local Anesthesia. We take great pride in communicating with our patients, referring doctors and the community. Our website; provides patients and referring doctors with a comprehensive view of our practice philosophy, ambulatory facility and insurance or financial information. We are situated in an ideal location, with access by multiple highways and commuter railroad.

Our mission is to provide comprehensive, compassionate care.

Dr. Kur's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kur says...

Dr. Benjamin Kur is a Board Certified Maxillofacial Surgeon and treats conditions ranging from; impacted wisdom teeth, reconstruction for implants, pathologic tumors and cysts, TMJ Disorders, Corrective Jaw Surgery and Maxillofacial Trauma. Dr. Kur works closely with Head and Neck Surgeons at multiple medical centers and partners with the Craniofacial team to treat patients afflicted with Cleft Lip and Palate.

Dr. Kur says...

Westchester Oral and Maxillofacial Associates is a comprehensive ambulatory facility. We treat patients afflicted with many conditions. Our success is tailored on the belief of evidence based surgery. We've had great success with bone graft reconstruction, implant placement for single or multiple tooth replacements and treatment of Maxillary and Mandibular pathology. Dr. Kur is one of the foremost experts on minimally invasive TMJ surgery, and performs in-office TMJ Arthroscopy and Arthrocentesis.

Dr. Kur lectures on many subjects and is well versed in treating Dentofacial Deformities.

As well, Dr. Kur is an expert in pre-implant placement, reconstruction and implant treatment planning. Our facility uses 3D Cone Beam technology to plan and strategize implant placement to achieve success and predictable results.

Dr. Kur says...

We strive for greatness, and will not tolerate anything less.

Dr. Kur has great compassion for his patients and enjoys each and every patient interaction. We are encouraged by our positive reviews and are always available for discussion. Our team is comprised of thorough, compassionate and energetic individuals. We recognize the fear, anxiety and unknowns of surgery. Our ability to communicate with patients and sympathetic team members is unmatched.

Dr. Kur's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Dr. Kur has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kur's Board Certifications

Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center

Completed in 2006

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Kur does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kur and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery