Dr. Benjamin Harper, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics | Male

River Valley Orthopedics 350 Lafayette Ave SE Grand Rapids, MI 49503 Get Directions
Dr. Benjamin Harper, MD
Early on in life I very much enjoyed being an orderly in a community hospital. I liked the interaction with patients and the ability to help them in their day to day activities while in the hospital. During this time I especially enjoyed taking care of the orthopaedic patients and several of the surgeons were kind enough to mentor me in these early years and have continued now as friends through the years. It has turned out to be one of the most rewarding careers I could have imagined.

Dr. Harper's Care Philosophy

I believe in treating my patients as I would treat friends or family. I strive to evaluate a patients problem and discuss this in a manner that makes sense to them and then discuss the variety of options that are available for treatment. This generally includes both non operative and operative options and after discussion we make decisions together.

Dr. Harper's Experience

See how Dr. Harper's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Harper

Dr. Harper accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Harper is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Harper has admitting privileges.

Dr. Harper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harper to family and friends
Dr. Harper's Performance
in Grand Rapids, MI |
My experience with Dr. Harper and RVO has been 100% positive. There was no pressure to have total knee replacement surgery. Once I made the decision, I was given a binder full of information. I read it and followed directions, starting with the exercises to strengthen my leg muscles. The staff is professional, friendly and always willing to answer questions. This overweight, arthritic 70 year old woman now walks pain free and no longer waddles like a duck. Dr. Harper is wonderful!
in Grand Rapids, Michigan |
Dr. Harper is a good combination if competency, professionalism, ability and experience. He is very easy to talk to and he listens to his patients. I highly recommend him, he did wonderful work on my knee! Thank You, Terry Gardner
in Rockford, mi |
Seems competent and has a good "bedside manner." No problem at all after about 6 weeks. Fully functional hip.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
The first time I met Dr. Harper he came across as a very nice guy. We discussed the hip replacement procedure and he answered all the questions I had regarding the procedure. The surgery was a complete success and the pain I was experiencing before the surgery is completely gone. I would highly recommend Dr. Harper to anyone who needs a hip replacement.
in Belmont, MI |
I have suffered knee pain for more than 30 years from sports related injuries resulting in more than 6 surgeries the last two were TKA by Dr. Harper. His professional knowledge and pleasant bedside manners enhances the experience, but the real reason I recommend him is his ability to provide successful TKA. I can honestly say the outcome was life changing and I would recommend Dr. Harper to anyone needing relief from knee pain. Stop putting it off and do yourself a favor, call Dr. Harper.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Excellent surgeon, I highly recommend him.
We're so glad your experience at River Valley Orthopedics was positive and that you'll consider recommending us to family and friends! Thanks again for your kind words, we wish you continued health!
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Harper, MD?

Compare Dr. Harper

Dr. Harper says...

Dr. Harper's Care Philosophy

Dr. Harper says...

I have done advanced training in hip and knee replacement through my fellowship in adult reconstruction. This was an extra year after my training in orthopedics to focus specifically in these areas.

Dr. Harper's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Joint Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

University of Virginia / Adult Reconstruction Program

Completed in 2013

Louisiana Tech University

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Harper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics