Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD

Dr. Currie
Telehealth services available

Holland Eye Surgery and Laser Center

999 Washington Ave Holland, MI 49423

Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Holland, MI and has over 10 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine medical school in 2010. He is affiliated with medical facilities Holland Hospital and Spectrum Health - Zeeland Community Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Currie to book an appointment.

Dr. Currie's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Currie

Dr. Currie?
Cataract Surgery was performed in both eyes and I am 100% happy with the treatment I received from Dr Currie and all the staff in the surgical wing and the follow-up teams. I was nervous, (as would be expected) at the first surgery but it was a piece of cake. The second surgery was anxiety free. There was mild sedation provided and I was in and out of the surgery in no time. The Holland Eye Surgery & Laser Center does a lot of cataract surgeries and they have really worked out the various steps in the procedures. Two weeks after surgery all is healing well and my vision is 20/25 in both eyes and the colors and clarity of my vision are significantly improved.
Doug M – Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
I met with Dr. Currie for a pre-surgery visit where he examined my eyes and explained the different options for my surgery. He was very thorough in explaining the pros and cons of each choice. He never put any pressure on me to choose any particular option- in fact he set me up with another appt where I was again given an explanation and choice with a different staff member. On the day(s) of surgery Dr. Currie specifically reviewed what exactly was going to happen and I am totally happy with the results. His follow-up visits were also thorough and satisfactory. I would heartily recommend Dr. Currie for your cataract surgery.
Ronald Dykstra – Jun 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
Although I had some trepidation about the process of my cataract surgery, I felt very confident in Dr. Currie's abilities and his care. I am so pleased with the treatment and professionalism of Dr. Currie and his staff -- and with my wonderful new vision!
May 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
Did a great job of explaining what was going on and how he was going to repair it.
David Hekman – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
Excellent! I called Dr. Currie on a Friday evening (holiday weekend) when I was experiencing new concerning symptoms. He spent a good amount of time explaining what to look for as well as referring me to my own doctor, suggesting I get an appointment Monday. To my surprise, Dr. Currie called me Saturday morning to ask how I was doing. He then offered to see me at his office that afternoon as he was going to meet another patient there. I had a much better weekend thanks to Dr. Currie’s eye exam and diagnosis/prognosis. Words to describe him? Kind, patient, gentle, reassuring. Thank you Dr. Currie!
Apr 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
Dr. Currie did my laser/goniotomy/astigmatism surgery recently. I was very pleased with his thoroughness and the kindness shown by everyone in that office. I was not looking forward to eye surgery, but all went well and my eyes are healing nicely.
Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
I was very pleased with the outcome of my cataract surgery and would highly recommend him. He was very patient and explained everything very clearly.
Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
Very positive experience with Dr. Curie. He explained the process well and the treatment outcome was way better than I expected.
Mary Mannes – Jan 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
Made appt for my diplopia and needing new glasses. Although tech took lots of images of my eyes, when it came to the vision charts it was TOTALLY RUSHED! Never fine tuned it whereas any other vision place will do that. Dr Currie was very abrupt. When topic of possible cataract surgery in future arose, told me to "make a friend"to drive me to Holland. Worse, could not get new prescription for glasses because he saw "not that much change" -- despite my saying the vision chart was completely rushed and was never drilled down. Now I need to find another opthamologist.
Senior citizen – Nov 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
In August of 2019, Dr Currie explained to me that my blurry right eye which was 20/20 3 months before was The result of normal cells clouding The implanted lens. Very common condition. The YAG laser took 5 minutes and is totally painless . 4hours later I was amazed to have my clear,sharp vision back. The laser vaporized the cells and they cannot return. I totally trusted my care to Dr Currie to me he is my 1st choice in eye care. He explains procedures, is professional & trustworthy.
Jean Mulder – Aug 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Currie! He is very professional, kind, and is always willing to answer all of my questions. He performed laser cataract surgery, astigmatism correction, and goniotomy surgery for glaucoma in both of my eyes and I couldn't be happier with the results - 20/20 vision in both eyes - absolutely incredible! The entire practice is very professional, staff is very friendly, and both the office and surgical center operate very efficiently. Thank you for a truly pleasant experience.
Linda in Holland, MI – Aug 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
My experience with Dr. Currie was EXCELLENT! I would highly recommend Him! He is kind, patient and very knowledgeable! He answered all my questions prior to my cataract surgery and the outcome was AMAZING...no need for glasses or contacts after having the laser procedure! I feel like I did, when at 10 years old, walking out of the eye doctor’s office with glasses for the first time....every thing is bright and clear! Also the staff was great...Friendly, professional and very knowledgeable! Thank You for a GREAT experience!
Lin in Holland, MI – Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
Dr. Currie I found to be very professional and great to explaining what he would like to do and what was going to happen. His staff also acted in a professional way as well. Answered all of our questions. I would recommend him and facility to all.
Ben Woodhams in Allegan, MI – Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Currie. He performed laser cataract surgery, astigmatism correction, and iStent implantation for glaucoma in both eyes. I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes and a substantial eye pressure reduction due to the iStents. The Holland Eye Surgery and Laser Center is a top notch, well run, very professional surgery center. Dr. Currie exceeded my expectations, answered all of my questions, and made the entire process stress free for me. 5 stars all the way.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
The practice is very professional and the staff is outstanding. When your appointment time is scheduled they mean it; never waited. The surgery suite is top of the line and the staff there is really really good and felt comfortable for the entire procedure. Did i mention that i can see perfectly!
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
After struggling with vision my whole life, I developed cataracts in my right eye at age 37. Dr. Currie was able to perform laser assisted cataract surgery and leave me with better than 20/20 vision in that eye by correcting my bad astigmatism with the laser and using the latest technology with a multifocal toric lens! I would highly recommend Dr. Currie to anyone I know as he also provides second to none patient care.
Plainewell , MI – Feb 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
After ta talking with Dr. Benjamin D. Currie, MD I knew I wanted him to do my eye surgery. I really like his kindness, attention to detail, and education.
J.S. Cole – May 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
Very Nice, Very professional. Operated on my cateracts and now I see (Distance) PERFECT!!! WOW!! I started wearing glasses at 8 yrs old and had really really bad vision. Now I see 20/15 (better than 20/20) without glasses, I need readers for close-up, but it is amazing!! Great care!! Now, at my urging, my Wife is going also!!
Jack Koning in Holland, MI – Jan 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
He happily answered my questions and concerns about my surgery and after care. It was a comfortable experience, the whole staff was very attentive and friendly. Answered questions before I even thought to ask, anticipated my needs before I realized I needed them. Really a top notch experience. Thank you for giving me my sight back!
Amber in Allegan, MI – Nov 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?
Dr. Currie has been fantastic before ,during, and after my cataract surgery. He and his staff explained every detail from beginning to end. Thanks to you all.
Diane in Grand Rapids, MI – Oct 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Currie, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Currie?

• Ophthalmology

Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine
2006
Notre Dame

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Currie communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Currie communicates via email

• Does Dr. Currie offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Currie offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Currie offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Currie offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Currie have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Currie has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Currie offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Currie offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Currie offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Currie offers evening visits