Dr. Benjamin Cohen, MD

Dr. Benjamin Cohen, MD

Neurological Spine Surgery | Male | 48 years old

24 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Cohen specializes in Neurological Spine Surgery and practices in Garden City, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Cohen? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Cohen's Experience

See how Dr. Cohen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cohen

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cohen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Cohen's Performance
Oceanside, NY |
Dr. Cohen is an amazing surgeon and great man. He helped me get my life back when no other Dr. would. He believed in me and he knew that I would benefit from lumbar laminetomy disectomy surgery and he was right. I'm so happy with my results as well as my wife and family. I am a new man and owe it all to him. Thank you. Michael Iadevaio
in Queens , NY |
Dr. Cohen and his amazing staff, were compassionate and caring. They were knowledgeable and always responded to my calls or concerns promptly. Thank you!
in Sunnyside Queens |
Dr. Cohen is phenomenal! After suffering from lower back pain for over a year and a referral, Dr. Cohen spotted the problem and after a successful surgery I have felt pain free ever since. I am extremely grateful for this Doctor and what he has done for me.
in Bellmore, NY |
I was in pain and miserable for three years. I went to several different surgeons, had three pain management injections. I met with Dr. Cohen and the confidence he had in his procedure convinced me to go ahead with the surgery . To this day this is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am pain free and not so miserable. Thank you Dr. Cohen and thank you to all of the professional and caring staff in your office.
in Garden City, NY |
I consulted with a few doctors before my back surgery. His professionalism, expertise, and bedside manner made a difficult time that much easier. I am back to normal and pain free. I highly recommend him!
Brooklyn, NY |
Very grateful for Dr. Cohen, he helped me with all of my back problems and would recommend him to anyone who needs help.
in Oceanside, New York |
After a referral to see Dr. Benjamin Cohen, I was on the way to getting my life back. I had the most horrible back pain one could have. At my first office visit, Dr. Cohen reviewed my x-rays and clearly explained the surgery he would perform to correct my condition. Surgery went well. Two days later I was helped out of bed for my first walk. I took several steps and joyfully noticed NO MORE PAIN. Got best care from Dr. Cohen. I strongly recommend you see him to get your life back.
New York, NY |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Cohen, he and his staff were very friendly. Dr. Cohen kept me well informed on what was wrong with my back and the surgical procedures he would be performing to relieve my back. My back has been feeling great and Dr. Cohen still continues to follow up to make sure I am feeling 100%. I would highly recommend him to anybody.
in Massapequa Park, NY |
Dr. Cohen recently performed a complex thoracic laminectomy and fusion on me. Prior to the operation Dr. Cohen explained in detail exactly what the procedure would entail. After the operation Dr Cohen visited me to let me know all went fine. He continued to make visits to me every day, sometimes twice a day. I am thoroughly pleased with my progress and Dr. Cohen's continued interest in how I am doing. He and his office staff have been amazing throughout this experience.
in Riverhead, ny |
I finally got relief for my neck and back pain after years of being prescribed meds with awful side effects by others physicians. Very grateful to finally be feeling energetic and active again.
in Fresh Meadows, NY |
Excellent doctor I was his patient for over 7 years he provided the best service he understand everything your going to need and he depply listen and he is trying everything to help his patients I recommend this doctor to all those people who suffer with back problems
Huntington, NY |
He's very compassionate at heart even though he can come off as a bit arrogant. He will listen to you, but you have to push a bit and interrupt him sometimes. He will answer all of your questions, but you have to be persistent. He was wonderful at getting me appointments with other doctors. In addition, his staff loves him. Dr. Cohen recently relocated his practice to Garden City NY.
in Plainview, NY |
I was given Dr. Cohen's name from my primary care Dr. The office staff was very accommodating with my work schedule and even though the office closes at 5:30, they scheduled an appointment for me at 5:45 due to my schedule. Dr. Cohen was very nice and explained my condition as well as all of my options to me. I felt very comfortable and was relaxed when this was going on. I would recommend anyone who has issues with their spine to Dr. Cohen.
in Lindenhurst |
I was recommended to Dr. Cohen from my primary Dr. When I made my appointment the office manager emailed me my paper work so when I showed up for my appointment I handed it in and only had to wait 10 minutes max. I saw Dr. Cohen soon after. I thought he was very thorough in his exam. He saw me in his office after the exam and explained my options and recommended some next steps. I was very satisfied
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?

Dr. Cohen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurological Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cohen's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity

Albany Medical Center

Completed in 2004

University of Alabama

Completed in 2005

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurological Spine Surgery

• Adult Scoliosis Correction
  • Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion