Dr. Benjamin Cohen, MD

Dr. Benjamin Cohen, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Benjamin Cohen, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Long Beach, NJ. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

279 3rd St Ste 603

Long Beach, NJ 08008

• EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Cohen

See how frequently Dr. Cohen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dermatitis
Benign Tumor
Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

Dr. Cohen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Carcinoma in Situ of Skin
  • Dermatitis
  • Hair Loss
  • Lyme Disease
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Varicose Veins

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• U Tel Aviv, Sackler Sch Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • St Lukes/Roosevelt Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • St Lukes/Roosevelt Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Wright State U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Cohen's Performance
in Toms River, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Cohen for about 5 years. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my appointment (shocking), made room on his schedule when I had an emergency, was very knowledgeable, kind and always helped me with whatever problem I was having. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Deal nj |
AmAzing doctor always a pleasure to see him . I never wait in waiting room for more then 10 minutes . I recommend him to everyone I know
in Middletown |
I feel the need to write a comment because of the poor review someone wrote. Dr Cohen has always been caring nice and fun to see . He always treats me and my family well and his dermatology skills are top notch . So people must have a big " chip" on their shoulders .....
Farmingdale, NJ |
I never leave comments good or bad but feel the need to let the public know this Doctor is crazy! He threw me out of his office because I questioned him on a procedure he was going to do to me. He was in the examining room no more the 20 seconds and I was the last patient of the day. I am reporting him to the State Medical Board, the Better Business Bureau and the American Medical Association. No human being should be treated the way he treated me. 6.7.17
in Red Bank, NJ |
I saw Dr. Cohen today for the first time. Excellent experience. No wait for appointment and not a crowded waiting room. I didn't wait long in exam room - which is a plus. Dr. Cohen and his nurse, Nicky, were both extremely pleasant and explained everything that was going to happen during a biopsy. Great bedside manner by both Dr. and nurse. Made me feel extremely relaxed and at ease. Thank you both!
Red Bank, NJ |
I have psoriasis and I've had numerous basal cell cancer growths removed. I've been to dermatologists my whole life-from renowned medical/academic institutions to private practices. I'm also a RN. I saw Dr Cohen on Thursday for the first time. He was very professional and kind. Most important to me, he did the best, most thorough skin check I have ever had. He checked everywhere. It was so refreshing not to have to ask a Dr (the specialist) to check my feet, scalp, etc. I highly recommend him.
in Long Branch, NJ |
I had a cyst removed from my neck. Dr. Cohen was gentle and I felt no pain whatsoever. His bedside manner is courteous and professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen.
in New York City/ brasil |
He is the best dermatologist! I am Brazilian and feeling lost and old and not only did he make me feel and look confident but he speaks português
in Forked River, NJ |
I recently saw Dr. Cohen for a rash that I visited 3 other Dermatologists for. Not expecting much but the usual talk of what the opinion was of the rash. Dr. Cohen was the only one who recommended a biopsy and with those results the solution to my problem. I was impressed with his knowledge and his easy going personality and would not hesitate to recommend him. The staff was great and caring and I found a home for myself and my family for all our dermatology needs. :)
in Ocean Gate, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Cohen's for 3 years and I LOVE him! I usually see him for skin issues but this time I treated myself to some Botox and Restylane! OMG...He's an artist! I love my new lips and my wrinkle free forehead and will be back as soon as I need a "tweek" . Thank you!
in Rumson |
After consulting numerous dermatologist in the area I was recommended by my primary doctor to see Dr Cohen. This was a great experience from start to finish and he helped me a great deal . Highly recommend him!
in Middletown NJ |
I have been going to Dr. Cohen for many years and wouldn't want to go to anyone else.He is very kind, upbeat and listens to what his patients say and not quick to dismiss.I go every year for an annual check and occasionally have found things that concerned me after my visit and his office staff have always given me an appointment right away.Andrea and Nikki are exceptional.
in Holmdel |
Wow the best experience ever in a doctors office!!! A doctor that will see you on time??? Outstanding!
in Red Bank, NJ |
Dr. Cohen is the ideal doctor: He's highly skilled, personable, and consistently patient and kind. As a bonus, he's got a nice sense of humor! His office is run efficiently by people who obviously care about the patient and have abundant respect for the patient and one another. I've never waited there more than a few minutes, and I've always felt well-taken care of in a full-spectrum way. I give Dr. Cohen highest marks, and recommend him highly.
in Asbury Park, NJ |
Dr Cohen has an outstanding understanding of medicine, what works and what to do about it. He listens carefully and responds in a considerate and brilliant way. I moved here from NYC and I am thrilled to have found a doctor who meets all my expectations.
in BAYVILLE, NJ |
I saw Dr. Cohen yesterday and had a very positive experience. He's very knowledgeable and kind and even had a great sense of humor (which is difficult to find in an MD!) The staff is efficient, friendly & quick! My wait time was less than 10 minutes and in an hour I had my prescription waiting for me at my pharmacy! Will refer anyone to him with no question!
in Long Branch, NJ |
My experience at Dermatology and Laser center has always been a positive one. Everyone is very accommodating and friendly. I travel from almost 2 hours to see Dr Cohen as he was highly recommended I like that hes down to earth he addressed all my skin problems and was right on target diagnosing them . In the past I have had several dermatological consultations and had no luck with results. I'm very grateful to have found Dr Cohen with his expertise and knowledge.
in Oakhurst,NJ |
Our entire family has been going to Dr. Cohen for many years. He is very professional, friendly and doesn't rush you through the appointment. His entire staff greets you upon arrival and answers any questions you might have. I would highly recommend this Doctor to everyone!
in Pine Beach, NJ |
I recently saw Dr. Cohen for the first time. I have nothing but good things to say about him. I came to the visit with my young daughter, although the visit was for me I asked him about a rash she had as well and without hesitation he took a look at her and helped her as well! Seriously....when does that ever happen?! He will be my Dermatologist forever! Thank you!
in Bayville, NJ |
I have been to Dr. Cohen's office a few times over the past 2 years but this is my first review. Dr. Cohen is very knowledgeable and professional and has always been able to diagnose and help me with my various issues. The staff is kind and patient and Dr. Cohen NEVER makes you wait forever like most other offices. I respect that he values my time. I send everyone I know to him.
in Red Bank, NJ |
I called the office because of a concern i was having and the staff understood my concern and got me an appt w Dr Cohen quickly . He was kind friendly and compassionate and diagnosed my issue quickly . There was no unnecessary biopsies or testing I am greatful to Dr Cohen for his care I highly recommend him !
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr Cohen and his staff are excellent!!!!
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr Cohen is the best! He answers all your questions and provides the best care!
Lahaina |
He's very hasty, but he doesn't mind wasting your time or billing your insurance company. Also, if you want your records, you will have to pay! Very disappointed!
in Brick, NJ |
I wish I checked out this site earlier. It was TOO EASY to set up an appointment - ready right away! That's probably because he spends about 3 minutes with you, quickly jumping to a conclusion without any discussion. And his treatment didn't help so much anyway. Lots of hidden charges too. He refuses to speak to anyone on the phone. Avoid.
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?