Dr. Benjamin Clapp, MD

Dr. Benjamin Clapp, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Benjamin Clapp, MD is a general surgery specialist in El Paso, TX and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in 2000 and specializes in general surgery, bariatric surgery, and more.Read his story

1700 N Mesa St

El Paso, TX 79902

• Ambetter
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA
  • First Choice Health

Learn about Dr. Clapp

See how frequently Dr. Clapp performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Obesity
high
Stomach Surgery

Dr. Clapp's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Clapp's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Clapp "I specialize in bariatric surgery as well as laparoscopic general surgery. I am board-certified in general surgery and I am a fellow of the American College of Surgeons as well as a fellow the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons. I'm in solo practice and I've been in practice for 10 years now since finishing my fellowship in Houston, Texas."

This content was provided by Dr. Clapp "In the best of circumstances surgery can be very trying and also terrifying. I try my best to walk my patients through the entire process and I promise I'll be there for them before, during or after the procedures.  I pride myself on the personal care that I deliver and I try to think treat everyone the way I would treat a family member."

• General Surgery

• Maricopa Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • University Of Texas Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Clapp has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Clapp does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clapp and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Clapp's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clapp to family and friends

Dr. Clapp's Performance

Dr. Clapp Says:
"

Most of my patients satisfaction surveys are five stars or more.

"

Dr Clapp performed emergency surgery on me and I was blessed with beautiful results. He is truly a caring and warm person. He listens, explains and makes one feel gratitude and respect for him. I have recommended Dr Clapp to my friends and will continue to do so. Dr Clapp, blessing always!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Clapp is a very professional, patient, and when you have a visit you feel that he does not rush through your appointment. In my personal case I had RNY Gastric Bypass in June 2005. After all these years, i developed a hiatal hernia and some additional intentional problems. Dr. Clapp performed...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I would highly recommend Dr. Clapp. He is caring and he has changed my life forever. My experiences with him and his staff were wonderful, and I will never forget them. Thank you Doctor Clapp for being a great doctor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Great guy! He's really nice and answers all your questions. Very encouraging. Glad to have him as my doctor. The surgery went awesome.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I was concerned when I met him because he is very young but my PCP recommended him so highly I put those concerns aside.
Are you Dr. Clapp?