Dr. Benjamin Cilento, MD

Dr. Benjamin Cilento, MD

Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Benjamin Cilento, MD is a facial plastic & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Read his story

17203 Red Oak Dr Ste 101

Houston, TX 77090

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • Private HealthCare Systems

Learn about Dr. Cilento

See how frequently Dr. Cilento performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Larynx Conditions
high
Ear Disorders
Chronic Laryngitis

Dr. Cilento's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cilento's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cilento "Fellowship-trained Facial Plastic Surgeon & Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology Benjamin W Cilento, MD, is a Fellowship-trained Facial Plastic Surgeon and a member of the elite American Academy Of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is also Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology, one of the oldest medical specialties in the United States. Otolaryngologists are physicians uniquely trained in the surgical and medical treatment of patients with disorders and diseases of the head and neck. Dr. Cilento's education began at Trinity College in Hartford Connecticut, where he majored in Biology. Top of Class Graduation into the prestigious national honor society, Phi Beta Kappa Dr. Ben Cilento graduated at the top of his class and was inducted into the prestigious national honor society, Phi Beta Kappa. Unlike his classmates, he delayed attending medical school immediately after college. Instead, he joined the US Marine Corps where he served as a Signals Intelligence and Reconnaissance Officer during the first Gulf War. After five years as a Marine he decided to go back and finish his medical education and transferred to the US Naval Medical program. Affinity for head and neck surgery, especially with regards to facial aesthetics He matriculated into the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, where he graduated at the top of his class with distinction in research and was selected for the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. During medical school, he used his abilities as an artist to work on the head and neck section of the internationally recognized anatomy textbook, "Adam Atlas" in collaboration with the author, Dr. Todd Olsen, and Williams and Wilkins publishers. This lead to an affinity for head and neck surgery, especially with regards to facial aesthetics, with its intricate surgery and positive impact on patients. Throughout his medical career, Dr. Ben Cilento has trained and worked with leaders in head and neck and facial plastic surgery. He completed a residency in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Washington in Seattle. It was there that he trained under world-renowned leaders in the field such as Craig Murakami, Neal Futran and Sam Most. While in Seattle, he received many awards for clinical research (see below), and he published numerous articles on facial plastic surgery (see below). Following residency, Dr. Cilento began serving his time with the Navy and was appointed as the Head of the Department of Otolaryngology at a US Naval Hospital in Asia. After two years in this post he was among an elite group selected for a fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. Fellowship under Dr. Calvin M Johnson, Jr At the Tulane University in New Orleans, he again trained with pioneers in rhinoplasty and facial aesthetics. Here he completed a fellowship under Dr. Calvin M Johnson, Jr., a world famous surgeon who is credited by many as changing the way modern day surgeons think of rhinoplasty and facial rejuvenation. After completing training, Dr Cilento then accepted an assistant professorship at the prestigious Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS) and was appointed Chief of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Navy's largest medical facility — Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, VA."

This content was provided by Dr. Cilento "I believe in treating patients with dignity, respect and excellent clinical acumen. In short I will treat you the way i would like to be treated.... there are no shortcuts to quality"

• Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Vocal Cord Nodule

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Facelift
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Nasal Disorder Endoscopy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tear Duct Surgery

• The University Of Washington
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Tulane University of Louisiana
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Cilento does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cilento and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cilento's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cilento to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Cilento's Performance
in Spring, TX |
I love Dr. Cilento! He is extremely knowledgeable, caring, down to earth and thorough! He is easy to talk to and explains things in an easy to understand manner! He is very friendly and takes time to listen to your situation. He doesn't rush in and out and makes sure he has answered all your questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Cilento, if you are looking for an extremely competent doctor.
in Spring, TX |
I ad the balloon procedure performed in April of this year. The procedure was very successful and I can breath much better. Doctor Cilento was very friendly and knowledgeable. He actually spent some time with you discussing the issues and did not try to rush you out the door. I highly recommend this Doctor to everyone.
Houston, TX |
This md is very arrogant and uncaring. Was told by this md that we don't get along. Thanks for the advice genius. I hope you are never need of medical attention.
Victoria, TX |
Dr. Cilento is very concerned with the personal care he gives his patients. He likes to know that the patient receives answers to all their questions. He is very thorough and knowledgeable about sinus issues.
in Cypress, TX |
Excellent doctor. Showed interest in resolving my sinus problems and explains the procedures planned for your particular medical condition. He has a good sense of humor and for those who are thin skinned, you might need to find a different doctor. I was VERY happy with the patient care and service received from him and his staff. Thank you for curing my current sinus problems. Job well done Dr. Cilento
in Garland, TX |
Dr. Cilento changed one of the most profisonal doctors I ever meet in my life. He helped me and changed my life to the best. I did a sinus Sergury and what I like about him he keep following up with my and checking my Sergury. I recomend him to my family and friends. Thank you Dr. Cilento (:
in Spring, TX |
All he did was refer me to another Dr, but he charged me $240.00!!!!
in cleveland, TX |
Dr. Cilento later did a excellent on my nose surgery with great results at his surgery center with very little pain considering how bad my sinus were. It had a bad build up after my face was caved in years ago. I will recommend him to anyone and everyone
Humble, TX |
The staff is rude. Dr. Cilento is arrogant so don't expect a good response if you have questions regarding the way he does his procedures or which methods he uses. He does not have the best bedside manner, as he is rude and short with details. Don't even think about telling him what is wrong with you, because HE will decide what is wrong with you and whether or not your symptoms merit attention. YOUR PRE-OP IS THE SAME DAY YOU PAY!!!? Procedure was changed without my knowledge, so I canceled.
in Fulshear, TX |
I've already referred numerous friends and co-workers. Dr. Cilento made me feel so great. The surgery was perfect. I had zero pain. Minimal swelling and bruising. I'm very pleased. He has a caring personality and helped me understand the procedures as we discussed what needed to be done. He made sure to share his contact information in case I had any questions after the surgery. I did call him and he answered immediately.
in Houston |
Five stars are not enough. Dr. Cilento is a 10. I just had surgery a few weeks ago for my recurring sinus problems. I can finally breath. No pain no gain no way! Zero pain. AND I my sense of taste and smell are back!. Great staff caring and prompt to return calls, including DT. Cilento.
in Spring, TX |
I went to see Dr. Cilento at the recommendation of my allergist because I was getting sinus infections one after the other. Dr. Cilento was listened to my problems and reviewed my CAT scan and medical records. He recommended a Balloon Sinuplasty. I had the procedure done and I can breath much better. Dr. Cilento is a caring physician, I recommend him to anyone with a similar health issue with chronic sinus issues.
I was having sinus infections every other month for the past 2 years. My allergist recommended me to him. After finding that I had a deviated septum & had sinus surgery with him, I no longer have sinus infections & can breathe so much better. I can sleep better now & when I work out I can take less breaks. He was able to get me to heal quickly by following his recommendations. It has been 3 month since the operation & I have not gotten a sinus infection & I highly recommend him.
in Spring, TX |
Wow! I was hesitant to have a Balloon Sinuplasty performed....what IF it didn't work? Would it painful? What was the recovery time? Had I known what a simple procedure it truly was, I would have never hesitated: in-office, no anesthesia, and just an ever-so-slight discomfort during the procedure. Dr. Cilento gave a thorough explanation throughout the procedure of what he was doing, and in less than an hour, it was finished. Highly recommend!
in Houston, TX |
I had been suffering from constant congestion, blocked nostril, and not being able to sleep (had to use CPAP, which I hated). As you can imagine, one thing leads to another and the snowball effect begins. Long story short, deviated septum fixed, tonsils and uvula removed. No more CPAP, congestion, etc. Best thing I ever did. I am sleeping, actually dreaming every night. Did it hurt? Yep, but one week of pain was so worth it. I would recommend him and the procedure all day long.
in Houston, TX |
Doc Cilento performed the Balloon Sinuplasty procedure to cure my sinus problems. Very caring Doctor, knowledgeable and excellent surgeon. It was a walk in procedure with local anesthesia, but he made the process as good as it gets and best of all... I had no more sinus or allergy problems since the procedure! Even ran my first race without any asthma symptom. 20 years living with this problem and got solved in one procedure! I would highly recommend him for any ENT problem.
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Cilento, MD?
Are you Dr. Cilento?

Visit Dr. Cilento

Dr. Cilento accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna