Dr. Benjamin Chu, MD

Dr. Chu

Central Montgomery Orthopedics

1011 S Broad St Lansdale, PA 19446

(215) 454-2078

Dr. Benjamin Chu, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Lansdale, PA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Grand View Health and Suburban Community Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Chu to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Grand View Health Sellersville, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for orthopedic surgery.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Chu's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Dislocated Joint
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Frenectomy
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hip Arthritis
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meniscus Surgery
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Tendon Disorders
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendon Repair
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery

Dr. Chu accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Chu has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(215) 454-2078Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Chu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chu

1.342281879194631%
2.0134228187919465%

Dr. Chu
Dr. Chu is the most gentle, kind, and caring surgeon I have ever met and I've met A LOT in my lifetime. His bedside manner is second to none. I would highly recommend Dr. Chu to my family and friends.
Barbara DeLuca – Sep 17, 2021
Dr. Chu is friendly and listens tentatively to my concerns about leg stiffness. Then Dr. Chu exams thoroughly the concerned area and the related area to make sure my pains and problems are properly Checked. He provided me with options to treat the pain, and 5he pros and cons with each option. Dr. Chu is experienced, knowledgeable and very professional. I strongly recommend him.
Sep 15, 2021
We would definitely recommend Dr Chu to family & Friends. He is always on time with Appts. He is very explicit& clear when informing you of his findings, treatments ,follow up, appts & reasons for same.He never rushes you during vs, always looks pt directly in eyes when speaking to pt.Uses Corvid protocol. He always inquires of patient if they have any issues that he hasn't addressed. Office & Medical staff very courteous, efficient& helpful.
Jim W – Sep 14, 2021
Dr. Chu is a wonderful doctor, compassionate, excellent listener and communicator, uses conservative measures whenever possible and follows through. Was introduced to him about 10 years ago at another facility, has helped me through two sprained ankles, a knee fall, shoulder bursitis, foot tendonitis and trigger finger. Great head to toe care:) All has healed in a timely way. Physical therapists where I was treated have raved about him and confirmed his great reputation! I highly recommend him for any orthopedic care. He is a gem of a doctor in deed!
DM – Sep 10, 2021
Dr. Chu performed bicep surgery on me and I couldn't be happier with the results. He answered all my questions before and after the operation in a straight forward way and I never felt pressured to end my appointment because he had other patients waiting for him. Highly recommended.
Paul S – Sep 01, 2021
I went to Dr Chu due to nagging hip pain that prevented me from running. Dr. Chu took the time to understand background on what likely caused the injury. After checking range of motion on both legs, and examining x-rays, he explained in understandable terms the likely reason for the dull pain and sporadic sharp twinge I was experiencing. He prescribed physical therapy and was going to directly contact my physical therapist to clarify guidance provided. I appreciated Dr Chu's friendly style. He quickly diagnosed my injury and took the time needed to explain injury and what I should do for rehab. I highly recommend.
Aug 28, 2021
I actually searched for Dr Chu, because I saw him 10 years ago. He’s the kind of doctor that I trust. He’s sincere and cares about my well-being. He isn’t sold out by some drug company. Actually, he didn’t try to give me medicine, but encouraged me to follow through with another medication that I was already prescribed by my primary, needed for my diagnosis. I give him 5 stars because he’s sharp minded and cares. What else is important.
Patricia Houston-Martinez – Aug 25, 2021
Started seeing Dr Chu in May 2021 after feeling frustrated with another practice and their lack of plan for my severe arthritis in both knees. He was extremely attentive, understanding and kind during my initial evaluation and helped put together a realistic plan for me. I would recommend him a million times over!
Amanda – Jul 23, 2021
He is a gentleman. He is a great doctor and a amazing human. He is very empathetic. Although being a well-named Orthopedic Surgeon in the town, I did not sense even a slightest amount of ego in his words.
Khush Shah – Jun 29, 2021
I had seen Dr. Chu several years ago at another practice for a knee injury. He was one of the best doctors I had ever dealt with. When my arthritis got almost debilitating I sought him out at another practice. He really listens to what your issuesas are and recommended a course of treatment. I'd seen another orthopedist of in between the two times of seeing Dr. Chu and didn't get the same feeling that he got it from him knowing what u wwdnt tr
sherwin collins – Jun 23, 2021
I had the pleasure of meeting DR.Chu last week at the lansdale office. I found Dr. Chu to be very thorough in diagnosis, step by step explanation of the causes and precations, systematic approach towards remedy, cure and pain relife. He works very patiently and explains everything and answers all questions. i am very glad that I went to him for my concer.
Kusum Gautam Shah – Jun 20, 2021
Went to Dr.Chu for a second opinion and was very impressed with his attention to detail and rare patient listening skills. The main diagnosis was adhesive capsulitis/ frozen shoulder. He thoroughly laid out my options and suggested steps. Rather than going for aggressive action like surgery, we concurred that more conservative action like additional physical therapy could get me to fulll recovery. Frozen shoulder is often a long haul recovery, but following his advise and Dr. Alex Spector's PT strategy has gotten me to amazing milestone and recovered use of my arm in under 3 months when I couldn't even put on a jacket, pick up a cup, open a jar, or lift my arm to brush my hair. Dr. Chu should be a model for other Drs. in his ability to listen, follow up and make patients feel that they are his top priority. Highly recommend him and his practice.
SWM – Jun 10, 2021
Dr Chu is very pleasant and takes the time to explain everything.
Mary L Cragg – Jun 05, 2021
Dr Chu performed surgery on my knee and the results were fantastic. I am back playing competitive soccer and my knee goes from strength to strength. By the way I'm 65
Jim Hannon – May 23, 2021
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Chu! After 48 years of skiing, I suffered an avulsion fracture of my tibia. Several orthopedists told me I no real options other than let the injury heal itself. My prognosis was that I would not be able to fully return to my active life style (mountain biking, skiing, and hiking). Dr. Chu listened carefully to me, what I want to do and how I want to live. He laid out three treatment options, carefully explaining in detail all three options. He was compassionate, understanding and thoroughly answered all of my questions. Dr. Chu performed the ACL reconstruction, and worked closely with Comprehensive PT to get me the rehab in needed. Dr. Chu is knowledgeable, professional, patient, compassionate and the first call I will make with an injury or joint pain. He now treats my wife too! P.S. – I am biking strong, hiking and soon to be back on the slopes.
Glen – May 07, 2021
I highly recommend Dr. Benjamin Chu. He is caring, concerned, compassionate, knowledgeable, and thorough. He takes the time necessary to explain things and is also a good listener. He and his staff return messages in a very timely manner. He follows up, perseveres and helped figure out what went wrong with surgery I had done elsewhere by ordering me tests to get that provided us the needed information, and by communicating with my physical therapist.
May 07, 2021
After a 90% tear of my Quad Tendon I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Chu, I repeat PLEASURE. He was very attentive and patiently answered every question I had and addressed all my fears of which there were many. He worked hand in hand with my PT, Phoenix Rehab, and today I am doing most activities and normal daily living tasks. I highly recommend Dr. Chu I felt I was in good hands from the very fist visit.
Beth McG – Apr 22, 2021
I highly recommend Dr. Chu for your orthopedic and surgery needs. He has treated two members of my family, including two shoulder surgeries. Every experience was a good one. He took his time to explain every facet of the medical conditions and was pleasant and informative. I put my complete trust in Dr. Chu. He is terrific.
Mar 19, 2021
Dr. Chu is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and patient. He performed surgery on my meniscus and provided excellent attention, support, and rehabilitation direction to me. His staff is competent and attentive. I would recommend Dr. Chu for anyone experiencing joint issues. His thoroughness is a true value. If you are an athlete who needs a medical opinion on an injury, Dr. Chu should be your first call. I am very pleased to have worked with him.
Hayden – Mar 03, 2021
After several visits with another orthopedics doctor, I was ready to give up. A family member recommend Dr. Chu and I’m so glad they did. Dr. Chu listened to my experience/concerns and took his time explaining what exactly was wrong with my swollen knee with arthritis. He laid out all of my options and together we made the best decision for me. I finally feel like I’ve found a doctor who doesn’t practice “one size fits all”.
Samantha Mitkus – Feb 28, 2021

How was your experience with Dr. Chu?

I believe that top notch medical care requires carefully listening to each patient, performing a thorough physical examination, and then discussing the...Read more

Benjamin I. Chu, M.D., joined Central Montgomery Orthopedics on July 9, 2020.

Dr. Chu earned his medical degree at UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical...

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine