Orthopedic Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Benjamin Chu, MD
Benjamin I. Chu, M.D., earned his medical degree at UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School. His residency training was completed at the University of Michigan, followed by a sports medicine and arthroscopy fellowship at Orthopaedic Research of Virginia. He is board-certified in orthopaedic surgery and specializes in arthroscopic surgery for injuries to the knee and shoulder and also treats general orthopaedic conditions. Dr. Chu serves as the official team physician for Delaware Valley College, Lansdale Catholic High School, and North Penn High School Hockey Club. "I believe that top-notch medical care requires carefully listening to each patient, performing a thorough physical examination, and then discussing the diagnosis and treatment options. At the Rothman Institute, my partners and I know that it is important to clearly communicate with our patients and educate them so that together we can develop the best treatment plan."

1200 Manor Dr

Chalfont, PA 18914

Dr. Benjamin Chu, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Chu

I believe that top notch medical care requires carefully listening to each patient, performing a thorough physical examination, and then discussing the diagnosis and treatment options. At OrthopaediCare, my partners and I know that it is important to clearly communicate with our patients and educate them so together we can develop the best treatment plan.

Dr. Chu's Experience

Dr. Chu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Foot and Ankle DislocationTreatment, Open
  • Trigger Finger Release

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Duke University
  • University Of Michigan Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Orthopaedic Research of Virginia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Chu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chu to family and friends
Dr. Chu's Performance
I went for an mri on friday regarding my torn acl. I have left multiple measages for him regarding the results of my mri and he hasnt called me back. This is day 5 I still dont know my results. His secretarys are rude and tell me that they will have him call me at the end of business and it never happens. If you want to be relived of pain and know what is wrong go somewhere else.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Chu's assistant Dawn is always so nice, pleasant and knowledgeable. Great sense of humor.
in Sellersville Pa |
A total turnkey awesome experience.!
Great staff of workers
in Ambler, PA |
Recently I had to have knee surgery and was lucky to have Dr. Chu as my surgeon. It was an excellent experience. He was always available, explained in detail the process and completed the procedure with no issues. My recovery has been excellent due to his meticulous follow up. I would recommend him and his team as the go to group for any orthopedic procedure. My entire experience was top tier. Rothman is lucky to have a talented Surgeon like Dr.Chu!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Chu was professional, answered all questions I had about my injury, including my wife's questions. He did an excellent job of treating my very serious injury.
in Exton, PA |
I totally tore my biceps tendon attached to the elbow. I consulted with Dr. Chu and immediately felt that he was the doctor for the job. I previously consulted with another orthopedic surgeon. He took his time to explain the procedure and even drew an illustration. It was a more advanced method then my first consultation. The surgery was performed almost 3 weeks ago and I am very happy with the results. I highly recommend Dr. Chu.
in Lansdale, PA |
I found him to be knowledgeable and caring. My experience was this dr was good. However I had difficulty with communication between the Rothman billing dept and my ins co. I was asked to pay a deposit up front to cover my deductible, which I did, but found out later that this was not necessary, and I'm still waiting for a refund from Rothman and it's been 7 months.
Dear Judy, We are so very sorry to hear of the troubles you've had with our billing department. Please contact us directly at 267-339-3689 and we will take care of this for your ASAP! Sincerely, Rothman Institute
in Philadelphia, PA |
Great experience and awesome Care and concerns for patients well being.
in Line lexington, PA |
Very qualified very professional explains everything completely
in Lansdale, PA |
Dr. Chu has treated me for 3 injuries.I go back to him because he honest, he explains his findings, he takes the time to answer all the questions and most importantly he solves the medical problem. I have and will recommend him to anyone I know and I will go back when it is time to replace both knees.
Dr Chu was very & patient through my difficult trauma & surgery. Good experience overall
in Abington PA |
Dr, Chu is phenomenal! Interested and caring throughout the whole process of repairing my shoulder.
in Chalfont, PA |
Dr. Chu repaired my labrum tear in my shoulder. In addition to being an extremely talented surgeon, he is an extremely nice and patient person. He took the time before and after surgery to answer all of my questions. I would definitely recommend Dr. Chu for anyone who needs surgery.
in Harleysville, PA |
Dr. Chu has one of the best bedside manners I have come across. He is personable and very much concerned about his patients. I would highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Chu, MD?

See our Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgery Specialist at Abington Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Chu

Dr. Chu accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Chu has admitting privileges