Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD

Dr. Caplan
Telehealth services available

Spokane Dermatology Clinic

324 S Sherman St Bldg A Spokane, WA 99202

Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD is a Pain Management Specialist in Spokane, WA. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Caplan to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Pain Management Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Caplan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Caplan treats this condition more than 86% of his peers

Ringworm

Dr. Caplan treats Ringworm more than 63% of his peers

Dr. Caplan treats this condition more than 63% of his peers

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Caplan treats Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear) more than 62% of his peers

Dr. Caplan treats this condition more than 62% of his peers

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Diabetes Screening
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence

Dr. Caplan accepts

Dr. Caplan accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Caplan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Caplan

Dr. Caplan?
  • Appointment scheduling (48)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (47)
  • Explained conditions well (47)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
I am totally impressed with my experience. CED Clinic is the first medical clinic I've been to where I felt like everyone I spoke with was kind, considerate, listened to my questions and concerned, and was genuinely interested in helping. First I spoke with Kim, who was polite and kind and a great listener. She helped me schedule and answered some of my initial questions. Next, I spoke with the doctor, who was surprisingly open to learning about me, interested in my well-being (not merely about cannabis- we talked about COVID and my overall happiness and work life too!) I left with a clear plan of what to do next, a few handouts to guide me with my specific ailments, and a plan to have a virtual follow up soon! I'm thrilled. Full 5 stars experience!
Rachel A. – Sep 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
I am glad that I came to CED. Wish I had before. I have been in the Mass Medical Program for a few years, and I bounced between whatever "doc" was cheapest. I fumbled my way through whatever seemed to work for me, with next to no guidance. After a 10-minute phone call at CED (COVID-friendly certifications), I had more direction than I experienced in 4 years. I spoke with Dr Caplan. He explained the process, most of which I knew, and then made some suggestions for ways that I could better control my own success with products. Although I knew some of what we were talking about, he was clearly listening and adapted his suggestions to my level of experience. I was surprised to learn that CED has tons of info online to read more, and the whole process is zero pressure. I'll be back!
Carrie A. – Aug 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
Awesome experience. Huge parking lot was a pleasant surprise. Nearby my regular doctor at the Brigham & Women's Building, and the CED office is huge. Lots of space was so reassuring. There was nobody else in the waiting room when I came in (smelled like it had just been cleaned with bleach), and I was seen right away. I sat in a comfortable blue seat with 10 feet between me and the doctor's chair, with 10 feet of space on either side of me too.. Both the doctor and I still wore masks, and the entire process was easy, felt safe, and totally reassuring. The doctor sent all the information I needed over email, so I didn't have to touch anything. The visit itself was very educational. The doctor clearly knows a ton and was happy to explain and answer all my questions. I also love that I feel like the process is intended to help me feel in control over my own care, and I never felt like I was being told what to do. Refreshing change of pace! I will be bringing my elderly parents too!
Camilla V. – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
I am new to the medical marijuana scene, but not new to cannabis. I've been using weed for years, from friends to dealers to the recreational market. I use it for pain, stress, lousy sleep, and just for fun. Given the recent changes in the Massachusetts market, it just made sense for me to get a card, in terms of cost savings, access, and delivery, which totally favor the medical market. I wish I had come years ago.
Martin S. – Jun 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
I am a new patient to medical cannabis - this was easy, intuitive, and totally straight-forward. Got my temporary card the same day!
M. C. – Apr 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
This is my 3rd year with CED, but I wanted to comment on the tremendous support I've felt, even on holidays and weekends. I have sent Dr Caplan about 30 emails over the years, and every single one has received a personal, direct response within a day or two. Never a charge to me, always caring and kind. 5 stars well-deserved
Steve D. – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
Just wanted to say I had a great experience with telemedicine. I am new to CED Clinic, and read other positive reviews. I had some doubts, but I gotta say, they were spot on. The call was a little late, but it is obviously because CED Clinic is super busy. I first spoke to a lady who was kind, respectful, and informative, and then I spoke with the doctor who had clearly read all of the stuff I wrote down on the form. It felt like a regular doctor visit, kind of, except brief and to the point. We didn't have to spend all day on the phone, we talked about the good stuff, and he asked about medicines and bad experiences in the past, like all my doctors do. Seemed pretty awesome to do on the phone.
Chuck M. – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
My friend recommended CED Clinic, and she was RIGHT. Fast, easy, efficient, and still thorough. Some digital paperwork to do ahead of time, a wonderful call, even time for questions - and I got everything I needed right while still on the call! Very efficient.
Roger S. – Apr 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
Telemedicine experience was awesome. Thorough, efficient, and Dr Caplan is very thoughtful and kind. A wonderful call!
Carolyn D. – Apr 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
I'm new to medical cannabis, although long-time recreational users. With Coronavirus, everything shut down, and I finally decided to go medical. My visit with Dr Caplan was easy. I filled out a long survey ahead of time that included history and my experience with marijuana, and then the doctor called me at my appointment time. We talked for a little while (basically confirming what I wrote) and talked about some ideas that he thought would help and that was it. I was surprised that he offered to answer questions for the whole year.
Casey A. – Apr 04, 2020
Telemedicine was simple, easy, and super convenient - Thank you CED Clinic
S. J. – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
CED seems to have it all done well. The marijuana information was great, so easy and simple for a new patient, and the office building and office rooms are enormous, well-lit, well-ventilated, and the office looks immaculate, like they are cleaning all day long. The trash bins (always check!) were filled with cleaning towels, so they are clearly putting in the effort to keep it scrubbed clean. Thank you, CED
D. F. – Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
I have crippling anxiety. I reserved the first appointment I could to make sure I didn't come into contact with anyone else (by the way, awesome easy online reservations) and I stumbled on the staff, spaced way apart from each other, cleaning all of the surfaces with what smelled like bleach. What a refreshing site to see! The visit was spectacular. I met with Dr Caplan and his office is enormous, well-lit with sunlight and clean air, and he has clearly made the office layout to accommodate COVID-19, because the patient chair(s) are comfortably spaced 10 feet from his chair. His office was impeccably neat, and I didn't see even a spec of dust. SO reassuring. Deserves 10-stars for being open in a crisis like this, and 20 stars for doing so much to make us all safer!
Jodie R. – Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
I had a delightful office visit today with Dr Caplan. It was a bit of a long drive for me, but thankfully no traffic. There is a large open parking lot with plenty of spaces (although not covered.) The building is handicap accessible with a ramp and an elevator that was perfect for me to use. The bathrooms are neat, clean, smell pristine (it's important) and the office itself is spacious, well-lit, and has no odor at all. The temperature was ideal, the air was clean and wonderful to breathe without any smells (no marijuana smell in the least!) The visit was lengthy, educational, respectful, and completely professional. I am impressed, top to bottom. I will be recommending the CED Clinic highly and widely. Thank you, CED Clinic!
Abraham J. – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
This week was my first time exploring medical marijuana. I have been exposed to it in social circles, but never participated, because I had the idea it was potentially harmful. Doing my own research, I slowly felt more comfortable about approaching the Massachusetts program, and I am thrilled to have randomly found Dr Caplan. The visit was incredibly comfortable. It was slow and felt ok for me to ask the long list of questions that I came with, and I learned more than could have imagined. Dr Caplan clearly cares about his work and his patients. His passion is abundant and wonderful. I look forward to learning even more, and I am optimistic about this approach for my medical problems.
Jocelyn A. – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
Before this week, I had never heard of a real marijuana doctor. I lived in California and Colorado, and I knew all of the turn-key pot-docs that couldn't care less, but I had NO IDEA how much science there was to weed. I am fully blown away by the amount of information there is to learn and understand. The doctor and I talked for about 30 minutes, and I probably understood like 50% of it, but I am so pumped that this door is open, i can't even explain it. Mind is blown.
Peter T. – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
I am new college student, here for the first time. Everyone was super friendly, easy going, and helped me get through the process from start to finish. I felt like I got lots of personal attention, direct feedback and help with the goals that I brought in, and had a clear line of communication for how I can ask for help for new matters that come up later!
Jane D. – Mar 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
I am new to CED clinic and to medical marijuana. I've been suffering with long-term pain associated with cancer, but I am a survivor. This was a wonderful experience, and I'm happy to share a full recommendation. From start to finish, everyone was respectful, kind, thoughtful, and overflowing with support and information. A real joy to have found this office.
Stacy S. – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
I'm a lifelong cannabis consumer. Came from California, and have been an advocate and knowledgeable consumer (so I thought!) for decades. After my visit with Dr Caplan, I feel like a door has opened for me, with so much more opportunity and information than I even knew there was. Imagine thinking that the only mode of transportation is a bicycle, and all of a sudden, someone shows you a sports car! Awesome experience. I highly recommend this clinic
Joshua C. – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?
What a remarkable clinic! The staff and doctor were so kind and inviting, there was a warm atmosphere that I was surprised to find felt, smelled, and looked like a luxurious regular office space! No weed smell, no intoxicated staff, only medical magazines, the usual medical history forms, and medical discussions of health-related concerns and treatment options. Super informative, and again, a very pleasant ambiance.
Gerald H. – Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Caplan?

Dr. Benjamin Caplan created the CED Clinic in order to provide individuals suffering from a wide variety of conditions and illnesses an option for exploring...Read more

Dr. Benjamin Caplan, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Chestnut Hill, MA. He graduated from Tufts University School of Medicine.

• Pain Management